Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arglebargle III posted:

When did you buy your GPU? Nvidia's guide mentioned that pre-Maxwell GPUs take like 4x more performance hit from Hairworks than Maxwell.

Even so. Nothing in the options makes my 980 even hiccup, except for hairworks. Enabling that is an instant -10fps at best, with -20fps dips if you're fighting some big shaggy thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Catsplosion posted:

I'm sure this has been posted but does anybody know how you receive the temerian armour set from the DLC?

From what I've read those first 2 DLC are being released on the 20th May, I guess Poland timezone so tomorrow whenever tomorrow falls for you!
I think they're planning on releasing 2 each week until all 16 are out.

I'm really enjoying the game a lot. My only real issue is that I just finished playing Witcher 2 so I keep hitting 'B' on the controller to cast a sign and get confused when I dodge instead. Muscle memory :argh:

I've had 3 crashes / lockups, 2 of them using the inventory, so I'll try the fix posted above.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Catsplosion posted:

I'm sure this has been posted but does anybody know how you receive the temerian armour set from the DLC?

Edit: gently caress, I am not reading a book again until that crash is fixed.

Curious about this too. If you look under the Extras menu in Galaxy, they are there for download, but who knows if they're enabled in game even after downloading. Plus the whole "16 Free DLC's" thing is listed as a separate purchase in Galaxy, so does that need to be "purchased" for free to get them, or what? Why list it as a separate purchase for $0, and just include it with all preorders without the need to "buy" it.

The whole DLC thing is very unclear with this game.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Even so. Nothing in the options makes my 980 even hiccup, except for hairworks. Enabling that is an instant -10fps at best, with -20fps dips if you're fighting some big shaggy thing.

You can set hairworks to Geralt and Roach only.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Curious about this too. If you look under the Extras menu in Galaxy, they are there for download, but who knows if they're enabled in game even after downloading. Plus the whole "16 Free DLC's" thing is listed as a separate purchase in Galaxy, so does that need to be "purchased" for free to get them, or what? Why list it as a separate purchase for $0, and just include it with all preorders without the need to "buy" it.

Because they want you to make an account and buy other games from them (for retail copies).

I've not found out how to use the hair/beard DLC. Anyone know?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, but what's the point then. It's just occasional cutscenes, otherwise it's just his tiny head from the rear while you're playing. The impressive hair tech is on the beasts, and they're the ones that cause the huge slowdown.

And to be honest, the hair on Geralt using hairworks isn't all that much nicer looking than with it off. At least it's not spazzing out and defying gravity like TressFX hair.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I grabbed the guide today (it's loving cool btw) and it mentions what each of the choices in Witcher 2 do in Wild hunt, would anyone who's on the fence about which save to use like a quick spoiler texted output?

GuyCastle
Jun 24, 2000

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Curious about this too. If you look under the Extras menu in Galaxy, they are there for download, but who knows if they're enabled in game even after downloading.
In Galaxy, there's an option called configure and if you've installed the DLC there should be checkboxes next to the DLC names. But I agree that it is rather hard to tell with galaxy. I ended up just downloading the executables from the gog website just to be sure.

Stormgale posted:

I grabbed the guide today (it's loving cool btw) and it mentions what each of the choices in Witcher 2 do in Wild hunt, would anyone who's on the fence about which save to use like a quick spoiler texted output?

Definitely interested in that.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GuyCastle posted:

In Galaxy, there's an option called configure and if you've installed the DLC there should be checkboxes next to the DLC names. But I agree that it is rather hard to tell with galaxy. I ended up just downloading the executables from the gog website just to be sure.

Thanks for this!

But that even further complicates things. I had them downloaded and listed there, but not actually activated. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of people out there wondering where their DLC is in the next week or so.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Bardeh posted:

I have the exact same specs as you, I'll let you know how it runs once the download has finished.

Looking forward to it, I get home in four hours and then we can compare notes!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Yes please! Does it mention all Witcher 2 import stuff, or just the 'main choices'?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

GuyCastle posted:

This should go in the OP

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think they've done a poor job of marketing the DLCs. I've pre-ordered everything Witcher from CD Project RED since Witcher EE and I didn't pre-order the Witcher 3 DLCs because I have no idea what's in them. And they made the Pre-order DLC bundle on Steam more expensive than getting the game and DLC separately.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Arglebargle III posted:

I think they've done a poor job of marketing the DLCs. I've pre-ordered everything Witcher from CD Project RED since Witcher EE and I didn't pre-order the Witcher 3 DLCs because I have no idea what's in them. And they made the Pre-order DLC bundle on Steam more expensive than getting the game and DLC separately.

I don't know why they call them DLCs if everyone gets them with the game, they're just part of the game really

vvv oh right, i'm dumb. Yeah they've really given me no reason to buy the season pass instead of just waiting for the DLC releases

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 19, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Gilganixon posted:

I don't know why they call them DLCs if everyone gets them with the game, they're just part of the game really

I think he's talking about the expansions.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

GuyCastle posted:

Definitely interested in that.

Ok then this is quoted from the guide + Keeping them as vague as possible:

Aryan La Valette - Dead or Alive
His mother Likes/dislikes you when you meet her as part of the main quest based upon if you stabbed him or not.

Roche or Iorveth
Minor Dialogue Change, Roche will still be your bro even if you went Elf.

Sile the Mage Lady, teleported or Telefragged?
She shows up in a later quest

Were things Lethal for Letho
He has a unique quest associated with him and can help you later on, he is not necessary for the "Find all allies for plot relevant moment" achievement as he is the only one you can miss due to out of (this) game circumstances

Mostly minor dialogue changes, only the last choice adds or removes content from the game, I haven't found anything beyond that... I noticed the stuff about the dialogue import choices when skimming, I can answer any vague mechanical questions people have with the guide but i'd rather not spoil myself too much.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 19, 2015

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Gilganixon posted:

vvv oh right, i'm dumb. Yeah they've really given me no reason to buy the season pass instead of just waiting for the DLC releases

Well I nearly paid $25 for something but I decided not to because what is it???

Aryan La Valette is such a prick. I didn't save your men's lives so you could burn down the castle with men women and children inside it you motherfucker!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Arglebargle III posted:

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_expansion_pass posted:

about : The Expansion Pass secures your access to two epic adventures set in the vibrant world of monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Poetic Justice posted:

This should go in the OP

I had these downloaded, which is confusing enough since they show up as a free item that you have to "purchase" and then checkout before they even download. But then you have to go and click on a tiny icon and configure to enable them, I really think this should be in the OP for people who got this game through GoG/Galaxy.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Arglebargle III posted:

Aryan La Valette is such a prick. I didn't save your men's lives so you could burn down the castle with men women and children inside it you motherfucker!

It's for two extra quests coming in October and next year:

about : The Expansion Pass secures your access to two epic adventures set in the vibrant world of monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.
Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.
Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.

Hearts of Stone will premiere in October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Oh god I have no idea which of my billion Witcher 2 saves is which

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Ok then this is quoted from the guide + Keeping them as vague as possible:

Fantastic info - thank you.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Scandalous posted:

Oh god I have no idea which of my billion Witcher 2 saves is which

The ones that have this picture

are your end game saves, if that helps narrow it down.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What the? October, and next year?! This game seems very cool so far and people love it and it's getting rave reviews, but no one is going to be playing this in October and next year.

We need the further adventures of Geralto Riveria and The Mystery of Dethmolds Vault to happen sooner, rather than later.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

The ones that have this picture

are your end game saves, if that helps narrow it down.
Thanks, but I really mean which saves contain which plot decisions. I played through the game like five times, I don't know which is Roche or Iorveth, or who died or who I saved, or anything like that. I was really hoping there'd be some kind of preview function when you were trying to import, like it'd give you a rundown of what each save contained.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Went in to the store to get Witcher 3, came out with the guide and expansion pass :stare:

Also holy crap, there's so much stuff in here. Soundtrack, Map, Guide, Art/Lore Book, another Lore Book, etc..

This guide is really, really nice - similar to Dark Souls 2's, if anyone had that.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Has anyone found a way to rebind multiple use keys?

I want to swap Roll (Spacebar) and Dodge (Alt) but keep Jump and Surface as Spacebar. Doesn't seem to want to let me :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey Geralt if you're going to whinge at Ciri for doing fancy moves in combat the least you can do is not spend half hour on your opening slash in a fight.

Also, when does the witcher 2 save simulator on consoles kick in? I've not gotten anything like the theatre play people have been talking about.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Not long after you kill the griffin

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Man I love that the noon wraith quest, the herbalist, and the hunter all intersect, and it gets referenced in that graveyard. This is a well written game.

The lady who becomes the noon wraith was supposed to have a peaceable chat with the local lord about returning to his land but then for some reason he killed her and the village. When you ask the herbalist about the noonwraith lady she says that everything was going fine until noon wraith said something about the lord's son. The hunter, if you press him, reveals that he worked for the lord and was in love with the lord's son until a stableboy squealed. The hunter got driven off and the lord's son killed himself. The grave stone for the son says something about forgiveness for his crimes.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 19, 2015

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

This game sort of crept up on me (I can't explain it), and I haven't planned where I'm going to buy it from. Green Man Gaming actually turned out to be more expansive than Steam and GOG. Any tips?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I can't play this game until thursday :negative:
How did the equipment repairing turn out? Do you have to spend 90% of your coin on constant repairs?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

GrossMurpel posted:

How did the equipment repairing turn out? Do you have to spend 90% of your coin on constant repairs?

Its been barely noticeable thus far. The repair kits are fairly cheap too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

It's not that bad. It's pointless and annoying but you shouldn't be seeing things break on you. Takes a while to whittle your stuff down.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 19, 2015

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
The Gwent game is pretty cool I need to buy better cards because daymn some of these NPC's aint playing son :black101:

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
Just got a 19MB patch on steam, wtf is that for? So small.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Man I love that the noon wraith quest, the herbalist, and the hunter all intersect, and it gets referenced in that graveyard. This is a well written game.

The lady who becomes the noon wraith was supposed to have a peaceable chat with the local lord about returning to his land but then for some reason he killed her and the village. When you ask the herbalist about the noonwraith lady she says that everything was going fine until noon wraith said something about the lord's son. The hunter, if you press him, reveals that he worked for the lord and was in love with the lord's son until a stableboy squealed. The hunter got driven off and the lord's son killed himself. The grave stone for the son says something about forgiveness for his crimes.

That's sad but at least the Lord got his when the Novi-grad...ians? Hung him. Was the guy you find that the griffon ate the guy who squealed on the Hunter?

Only got to play this for an hour or so before work. I seem to have defaulted to some pretty low settings but it still looks nice and runs really smoothly. The walking and running is stiff as hell, I keep missing things I'm trying to step on because the pickup area around items is pretty small too.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Nekker soup with elf for taste :allears: Comte, your work?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ovenboy posted:

This game sort of crept up on me (I can't explain it), and I haven't planned where I'm going to buy it from. Green Man Gaming actually turned out to be more expansive than Steam and GOG. Any tips?

People still haven't gotten their GMG codes so stay well away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

CJ posted:

Anyone have any experience running this on a 560ti? I was quite happy with how it ran GTA V on low-medium settings despite some stuttering when driving fast, but i dunno this game seems to have a lot of foliage.

It's not great. I have the 1.5 gig VRAM 560ti and it's playable but not comfortably so, in my opinion. I'm considering shelving the game until I can afford a better video card.