Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm pretty excited for AGE to be in so the AGE-3 Orbital might finally get to do something. I hope Dunbine isn't post series like in UX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Prism posted:

I hadn't heard of it before, but I really like the Galient robot designs now that I've looked at them a bit. Izubuchi did good work.

All of Takashi's series are pretty great.

Gosh, could we actually get Dougram in a game at some point? That'd be something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I'm pretty excited for AGE to be in so the AGE-3 Orbital might finally get to do something. I hope Dunbine isn't post series like in UX.

AGE-3 Orbital will have one attack and it blows up the unit when you use it.

Edit: Honestly, AGE-3 Orbital is almost certainly going to suck. It'll have an S-rank in space or something but Fortress will have a much much better weapon layout.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ImpAtom posted:

The SD Gundam Gaiden games are RPGs. They absolutely have plots to adapt.

Giant Gorg owns and "it's low power" doesn't matter worth a poo poo in SRW where we had goddammn Scopedogs murdering gods.

I'll admit I'm also of the camp that feels that VOTOMS is an ill fit for the franchise(cause let's face it the way the Z series did it is pretty much the only way you can make it fit), as is Daiguard to an extent(and this is coming from someone who's a big fan of Daigaurd)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit I'm also of the camp that feels that VOTOMS is an ill fit for the franchise(cause let's face it the way the Z series did it is pretty much the only way you can make it fit), as is Daiguard to an extent(and this is coming from someone who's a big fan of Daigaurd)

Why?

Power levels for robots are fluid and flexible and trying to make them mesh would limit you to extremely small numbers of shows. Half the fun of the games is that they don't bother with that and they handwave it away with borrowed technology or whatever.

SRW would suck if they tried to go "Well, this robot isn't strong enough."

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

AGE-3 Orbital will have one attack and it blows up the unit when you use it.

Edit: Honestly, AGE-3 Orbital is almost certainly going to suck. It'll have an S-rank in space or something but Fortress will have a much much better weapon layout.

Oh yeah it'll probably suck but at least it might look cool.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

ImpAtom posted:

Why?

Power levels for robots are fluid and flexible and trying to make them mesh would limit you to extremely small numbers of shows. Half the fun of the games is that they don't bother with that and they handwave it away with borrowed technology or whatever.

SRW would suck if they tried to go "Well, this robot isn't strong enough."

Kinda hard to fit any (non-G) Gundam shows in when their weapons and funnels all bounce off the nearby Invader or STMC mook! :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If you didn't kill the Anti-Spiral with the Chirico/Shako team, you're doing it wrong. :colbert:

(Bonta-kun acceptable answer)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Weaker robots get made up for by good pilots. Or the enemy just assumes they are weak and that they can ignore them.

Something something Char with a bazooka

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I...don't even know where to begin with BX's cast. :psyduck:

I only hope that Kio is only around to look good for the press pictures, and then get shoved into a corner while Flit and Asemu get to do all the cool stuff. My other hopes are that the SKL duo absolutely traumatize Kio with their violent antics, or Setsuna tells Kio he's not worthy of being Gundam.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

AradoBalanga posted:

I only hope that Kio is only around to look good for the press pictures, and then get shoved into a corner while Flit and Asemu get to do all the cool stuff.

If you're gonna fix AGE, might as well do the heavy lifting first.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
gently caress Nadesico, and if there's a stage where I'm forced to used all of their suits and their ship I'm gonna be really annoyed. They are ALL THE SAME, weve done them enough already :mad:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I would enjoy that mission if I could play it, I love me some Nadesico.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Now that I think about it some more, Jeffery and Yurika are most likely going to be dueling over who can get the most MAPW kills with a battleship.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

EthanSteele posted:

I would enjoy that mission if I could play it, I love me some Nadesico.

:agreed:

Nadescio is a lot of fun even if it's themes are totally unsuited for Super Robot Wars.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Decided to look around /m/ for scans/info because I'm insane like that. Here's what I found.

Cast List

quote:

New
Panzer World Galient
SD Gundam Gaiden
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Giant Gorg
Macross 30: Voices across the Galaxy

Returning
Aura Battler Dunbine
Story of Aura Battler Dunbine
Matchless Raijin-Oh
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: AWakening of the Trailblazer
Macross Frontier movies
Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
Mazinkaizer SKL
Martian Successor Nadesico

Scans:

So yes, for the first time since 2003, the Universal Century returns to a Nintendo handheld. And, I think this is the first time we have a battleship on the cover, too.

And lastly, there will be a PV on the 21st, with the game's supposed release date slated for August.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Does Macross 30 mean we get Max piloting Macross 7? Because that owned in @3 and I was really disappointed when he started piloting a valkyrie instead since it was a clear downgrade.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Decided to look around /m/ for scans/info because I'm insane like that. Here's what I found.

Cast List

Scans:

So yes, for the first time since 2003, the Universal Century returns to a Nintendo handheld. And, I think this is the first time we have a battleship on the cover, too.

And lastly, there will be a PV on the 21st, with the game's supposed release date slated for August.

Makes sense that they put Nadesico on the cover, it's usually the best unit from its series.

Also, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay maybe a badass cover of Aurora and new cover of You Get To Burning!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I'm more surprised than I should be for macross 30. So how long till they give us the OG crew from the G Generation series?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
...Maybe they'll make AGE better?

A man can dream.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

On one hand, they've done some nice things with SEED Destiny.

On the other hand, Destiny is merely bad.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well on the plus side I'll get some SRW versions of the AGE opening themes. Real and Aurora were nice, and if I'm lucky To Tomorrow will come in with Flit. sharp# is almost certainly getting kicked for Beyond Destiny, but then again I am apparently the only person in the world who liked sharp#.

Though I wouldn't complain if they kicked Aurora for AGE-FX.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I'm surprised that SEED Destiny isn't in, if only because Kio and Kira being on the same team seems like a natural thing, but I guess that'll be in the next non-OG game.

Also cover Nadesico, because who needs more than three attacks to kill absolutely everything?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
If Big Bang Hammer doesn't happen, missed opportunity as all hell.

Beyond that, I'd echo the earlier sentiment there may be some time based shenanigans about. That, or even more alternate universes, since it'd be... odd, to have Mazinger Z go through its origin story whilst Mazinkaiser SKL is stomping about. Or an SD Gundam series naturally existing in the same world as, well, multiple main Gundam series.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Hmm since Unicorn is in, doesn't that mean BX will be the first SRW game with UC representation to not have Amuro in it?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So what are we looking at for Secrets?

Marida and Graham are givens, as well as ZEHEARTOOOO most likely. What else?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

So what are we looking at for Secrets?

Marida and Graham are givens, as well as ZEHEARTOOOO most likely. What else?
If had to wager a guess, aside from those three:

Daguza, GouRyuJin and GenRyuJin, J-Ark, Brera, Lorelai, Gai Daigouji and/or the Jovian Quartet, Yurika and Jun as Aestivalis pilots, Patrick and/or Andrei, and maybe Obright.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is Gai Daigouji even gonna be a secret? I think more often than not he's just handed to you...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

W was the game that just gave him to you and even made a Prince of Darkness style portrait for him.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Hmm since Unicorn is in, doesn't that mean BX will be the first SRW game with UC representation to not have Amuro in it?

Outside of the very first game (which had no pilots) yeah.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

drrockso20 posted:

Amuro appears in SD Gundam Gaiden, as well as Char.

Watch, they'll both appear.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Light Gun Man posted:

Weaker robots get made up for by good pilots. Or the enemy just assumes they are weak and that they can ignore them.

Something something Char with a bazooka

My rule of thumb is that in the source materials, the main characters (super robots especially) are seen already max-upgraded. It's up to you to put the power levels back up to canon levels.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's the same reason Batman can actually do stuff in the Justice League.

Power levels don't mean squat compared to Narrative Importance.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
On the plus side, this means I don't actually have to feel bad about not having a JP 3DS because that series list is super :geno:

Seriously, enough with the Macross Frontier, holy poo poo. I actually like Macross Frontier and SRW is trying to make me hate it.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
They really should have just dropped Frontier since 30 can be the Macross representative for the game, but who knows, I guess they really needed to reuse some UX assets just to be safe.

Either that or Kawamori is holding an Armored Magnum to their heads if they don't put it in every game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Davzz posted:

They really should have just dropped Frontier since 30 can be the Macross representative for the game, but who knows, I guess they really needed to reuse some UX assets just to be safe.

Either that or Kawamori is holding an Armored Magnum to their heads if they don't put it in every game.

my guess is that the Frontier licence is dirt cheap and it lets them be lazy about various things in the game

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Wonder if they are going to go the route of stopping Prince of Darkness from happening? If so I hope you can unlock or just get black selena.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Now I'm wondering if there is enough material to do an all-Mazingers or all-Getters game.

I'd play both.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheManSeries posted:

Wonder if they are going to go the route of stopping Prince of Darkness from happening? If so I hope you can unlock or just get black selena.
They would have listed Prince of Darkness if that was the case, because Banpresto is a little nitpicky* about stuff like that.

*=Except with Gundam MSVs, where that line becomes way, way blurrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Light Gun Man posted:

Now I'm wondering if there is enough material to do an all-Mazingers or all-Getters game.

I'd play both.

Getter Robo Daikessen.

• Locked thread