Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for this game to be over so I can find out exactly in what hilarious ways I was completely and 100% wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

referring to this btw, I just can't buy scum making this post, even as some dumb mindgames poo poo

Gilok is all over the place, really. He has a couple posts that I don't think scum would be brave/silly enough to pull off, then disappeared all day after the arsonist confusion (I know, pot, kettle, black). Also, although I accept it's possible there were two one-shot hidden BPs, I'm still not super comfortable with it, considering we have at least one other known BP that we haven't found yet.

You are either great scum/3p, or good town. I'm pretty sure you're town.

Poque has already had his ability revealed. Like you said, it seems like a pretty crazy town ability. Sort of like a lynchbomb, but for night abilities (if he's town). If he's scum it's kind of a watcher that only watches himself, every night. In terms of content, he's been inscrutable. I'm really not sure on that front.

Valk seemed normal, if kind of erratic in content all game, but her attack on you today was pretty scummy. Like, quite scummy, actually.

Uranus seemed really off for the first half of the game, but finally engaged the last two days, completely throwing off my read. I could see him as scum/3p, but he wouldn't be my first vote.

I think I'd be most comfortable voting valk or gilok, then poque, uranus, MCED, in decending order of comfort lynching.

Also

I can't wait for this game to be over so I can find out exactly in what hilarious ways I was completely and 100% wrong

I'm with you there

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mithross posted:

Gilok is all over the place, really. He has a couple posts that I don't think scum would be brave/silly enough to pull off, then disappeared all day after the arsonist confusion (I know, pot, kettle, black). Also, although I accept it's possible there were two one-shot hidden BPs, I'm still not super comfortable with it, considering we have at least one other known BP that we haven't found yet.

wait whats the reasoning for this?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
my ability is powerful regardless of alignment. If I were scum it would keep cops from copping me (assuming something like the WWM sleepwalk happened first), as town it prevents scum from killing me or the arsonist from dousing me. WWM's sleepwalk was pretty fortunate.

i'm guessing that Epsilon's ability talking about cults is a red herring or a general descriptor for how doctors work in Met games - if there WERE a cult then it stops conversion as well as making people bp at night. my guess is that a "cult" either doesn't exist or simply refers to the arsonists.

Valk as a vote is kinda coming out of nowhere but I can't deny that there's something off. she has seen seemingly no pressure this whole game but it doesn't feel like she's super townie by any means. I want to re-read there. I'm also having a hard time seeing two town bulletproofs and derp as VT despite having been visited three times. How many other "hidden" abilities like mine have been activated throughout the game? Gilok and Allen's BP statuses and and the non-investigation status piece of WWM, any others?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

wait whats the reasoning for this?

:stare:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean unless gilok is scum, withheld a NK and then claimed BP as a cover, we absolutely have a 2nd BP in this game, I'm not disputing that, but it kind of seems like you're implying there is a 3rd one

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

no seriously what am I missing

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

I mean unless gilok is scum, withheld a NK and then claimed BP as a cover, we absolutely have a 2nd BP in this game, I'm not disputing that, but it kind of seems like you're implying there is a 3rd one

BK flipped as BP arsonist. And there's another arsonist somewhere. That was what I meant.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh right I forgot about BK

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mithross posted:

BK flipped as BP arsonist. And there's another arsonist somewhere. That was what I meant.

or..........

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Poque posted:

my ability is powerful regardless of alignment. If I were scum it would keep cops from copping me (assuming something like the WWM sleepwalk happened first), as town it prevents scum from killing me or the arsonist from dousing me. WWM's sleepwalk was pretty fortunate.

I don't get this, can you elaborate?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the part where it would keep cops from copping you as scum I mean

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean yeah you'd yell out there name but it doesn't reveal the role or anything so all you'd know is that someone visited you which isn't a huge deal

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I guess it's not that huge of a deal, but it would force you to reveal your results/role early so if it was like day 2 or 3 you'd probably be hesitant to do so

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
well valary isnt posting or engaging at all really so i guess we could kill her.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
she's in the land down under

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was actually really stoked to have someone else from australia in a non auspol game of mafia but so far it doesn't really seem like we post at the same times at all, except for that little incident yesterday

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think Gilok is most likely the scum right now.

His early jump on derp for fake-claiming was scummy

Gilok posted:

Look there's an easy way to verify Uranus's claim

## vote uranus

If he's telling the truth he's vanilla now, scum will probably kill him tonight anyway, and this will reveal his role and probably reveal if he's a "3 shot cop" (he's not). If he's lying he's scum (probably this) or at the very least not a big loss.

If he's a jester then he wins I guess.

and he makes a hypocritical call on Kleedrac about it right after.

Gilok posted:

Oh wait I read Kleedrac's posts yeah that is kind of eager to lynch on that one nutso claim

I still like lynching uranus better

Gilok himself is also eager to lynch on that one nutso claim, but he wants to vote the guy claiming cop. He backs down with a really wishy-washy call on derp's alignment.

Gilok posted:

I last played a long time ago but I think claiming, even fake, was kind of a big deal then. If that's just what people like uranus do now I guess it doesn't mean anything at all. I'm still not sold on his being town but I'm not sold on his being scum either. ##unvote

I'm gonna read through the thread again and see if anything jumps out at me. I kind of want to vote Peta for being obnoxious or uranus for making scumhunting more difficult but I don't have enough votes to cover everyone who annoys me at any given time.

He pushed a really hard case on BK, but since BK was a SK thats not an alignment tell.

He talks about being keen to vote Peta but then never does

Gilok posted:

I would consider Peta if he doesn't post something soon. His being a watcher seems pretty certain to me, but he could be a scum watcher or rolecop or something. He's been pretty lovely and low-effort this whole game and is probably one of the people Met got complaints about. I'm not getting a huge scum vibe off of him, except as a person, but it is really odd that he didn't get killed last night and that he also hasn't told us who he watched and what happened, having already claimed.

Gilok posted:

I think Allen is a much better vote today. I think we should give Peta one more night to present a useful watcher read or for scum to kill him, either way. If he can't do either I'm totally down to lynch him. I'm just not confident yet that he's scum rather than just an rear end in a top hat.

He also has a lot of posts that are filler about role setup.
Here, here, here, here, and here.

He's jumping his vote all over the place today and I think another town bulletproof role is unlikely.
##vote Gilok

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

i'm guessing that Epsilon's ability talking about cults is a red herring or a general descriptor for how doctors work in Met games - if there WERE a cult then it stops conversion as well as making people bp at night. my guess is that a "cult" either doesn't exist or simply refers to the arsonists.

Valk as a vote is kinda coming out of nowhere but I can't deny that there's something off. she has seen seemingly no pressure this whole game but it doesn't feel like she's super townie by any means. I want to re-read there. I'm also having a hard time seeing two town bulletproofs and derp as VT despite having been visited three times. How many other "hidden" abilities like mine have been activated throughout the game? Gilok and Allen's BP statuses and and the non-investigation status piece of WWM, any others?

I can see how it would be a beneficial scum role because any town power roles that visit you will be outed, and a good target for a night kill. I think WWM as sleepwalker is a good town balance for that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I was actually really stoked to have someone else from australia in a non auspol game of mafia but so far it doesn't really seem like we post at the same times at all, except for that little incident yesterday

Sorry bud. We'll have to time it better next game.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey valk, say Gilok was hypothetically immune to a lynch today for whatever reason, who would your second choice be?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sorry bud. We'll have to time it better next game.

eh I work really weird hours so its not surprising, apart from the huge rushes that happen between midnight and 4 am AEST I normally wind up being around for most of the interesting stuff that happens in the yank mafia games anyway

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think Gilok is most likely the scum right now.

His early jump on derp for fake-claiming was scummy

and he makes a hypocritical call on Kleedrac about it right after.

Gilok himself is also eager to lynch on that one nutso claim, but he wants to vote the guy claiming cop. He backs down with a really wishy-washy call on derp's alignment.

He pushed a really hard case on BK, but since BK was a SK thats not an alignment tell.

He talks about being keen to vote Peta but then never does

He also has a lot of posts that are filler about role setup.
Here, here, here, here, and here.

He's jumping his vote all over the place today and I think another town bulletproof role is unlikely.
##vote Gilok

I think you're reaching, but I can't blame you since this day is how it is.

I did jump on derp for fake claiming, because that seemed a really scummy move IMO. I jumped on Kleedrac because he actually believed the stupid fake claim. Everyone kind of shouted me down with "Oh, that's just how derp is" so I shrugged and accepted that it was a null tell.

As to Peta, I was not "keen" to vote him, I said "I would consider Peta if he doesn't post something soon." and then he posted something. I said right there in what you quoted that I'm not getting a scum vibe off of him.

And yeah I speculate a lot about role setup because this game has a weird role setup and figuring it out might have helped us understand what we were up against. We were still figuring out role setup and how many arsonists and poo poo like two pages ago.

As to my vote today, I'm frankly following MC because I don't know who to vote for. I've got no real read on anybody who isn't confirmed town. I kinda like you now because of your weak case but all anyone has right now are weak cases.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##vote gil grissom

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hey whoever told votefinder to set derp's alias for Gilok as FV, that's really lovely. Don't do that.

##vote Gilok

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##unvote

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you sure are making it hard to have fun whoeveryou are

##vote gilbert godfrey

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##vote Gilok

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

:redhammer: I get to post this thing finally. I've been looking forward to getting to use it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poque posted:

hey whoever told votefinder to set derp's alias for Gilok as FV, that's really lovely. Don't do that.

I didn't do it. What's up with that?

Gilok was hung. He was a Neutral-Aligned Arsonist.

quote:

Arsonist (Neutral-Aligned)
-Primary: Douse: Target is doused in Gasoline
-Secondary: Ignite: All players doused in Gasoline burn to death. Ignores Night Invulnerability.
-Night Invulnerable

It is now Night 6!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Good morning!

Remaining Players (5)
fiery_valkyrie
MC Eating Disorder
Mithross
Poque
uranus

It is now Day 7!

Uranus! Empty your inbox.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Good morning!

Remaining Players (5)
fiery_valkyrie
MC Eating Disorder
Mithross
Poque
uranus

It is now Day 7!

Uranus! Empty your inbox.

made some space

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
someone tried to kill me last night

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
who would try to kill me.... HMMMMM

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i bet ross would, since im the only one who wants to kill him out of this whole game

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I roleblocked him last night.

So, since he was roleblocked, you were the target and MCED can't be scum due to being the reason we lynched Peta, it has to be Poque.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I roleblocked him last night.

So, since he was roleblocked, you were the target and MCED can't be scum due to being the reason we lynched Peta, it has to be Poque.

I don't follow the part about MCED.

I don't think anybody is clear in this situation. You aren't clear since you could've just not taken a killing action last night and instead used a roleblock. Derp isn't clear since he could have just withheld a kill last night to make this exact argument. Mith is only clear in a situation where he's the last remaining scum.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

someone tried to kill me last night

Do you know what stopped the kill?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

Do you know what stopped the kill?

i used my bandage on the wound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm still bleeding though and am going to die tonight. i was going to keep that secret but i dont think it matters since its probably lylo.

• Locked thread