Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mr.capps posted:

what third party role are you foo

i'm just vanilla town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Captain Foo posted:

i'm just vanilla town

liar

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

if you think i'm lying then lynch me i guess?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

idk i'd understand it, i don't feel like i have very much credibility after that hilarious mistake

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Captain Foo posted:

if you think i'm lying then lynch me i guess?

you are third party, might be serial killer or something else, rather kill mafia if not serial killer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the only person actually arguing against wwm was gg. i eventually lifted my vote from wwm to gg because of gg's actions very late in the day. one of these late actions included voting for wwm to avoid no-lynch after strongly arguing upthread that no-lynch was the best option. big nothing also wasn't in favor of voting wwm, but his reasoning was a bit different. he's also supporting gg right now.

gg is extremely scummy right now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mr.capps posted:

you are third party,

okay capps sure thing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Big Nothing posted:

Id rather vote GG. WM/WWM both have no information in their posts, and GG has changed his vote quite a few times to warrent his flip as useful

this is immedately followed up with a gg vote, hm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

the only person actually arguing against wwm was gg. i eventually lifted my vote from wwm to gg because of gg's actions very late in the day. one of these late actions included voting for wwm to avoid no-lynch after strongly arguing upthread that no-lynch was the best option. big nothing also wasn't in favor of voting wwm, but his reasoning was a bit different. he's also supporting gg right now.

gg is extremely scummy right now.

This logic seems incomplete. I advocated no lynch because there was hardly any real game content and I didn't want us to mislynch even if that is the norm.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

This logic seems incomplete. I advocated no lynch because there was hardly any real game content and I didn't want us to mislynch even if that is the norm.

this is scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

it's a stupid option.

##vote WWM
Since No-Lynch is terrible idea and surely we'll be better off with two town dead D2 start.

your post.
you end up not convinced that wwm is scum. by your own principle you should have not voted, but then in your vote for him your pull a fast 180

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
"He didn't want town dead, he MUST be the scum! " is what I feel like I'm getting from some of you about this and I don't understand.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

"He didn't want town dead, he MUST be the scum! " is what I feel like I'm getting from some of you about this and I don't understand.

that's not the point i'm making.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

your post.
you end up not convinced that wwm is scum. by your own principle you should have not voted, but then in your vote for him your pull a fast 180

Because it was unavoidable and everyone poo poo on no lynch. This much should at least be obvious.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
At least this much* w/e

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Because it was unavoidable and everyone poo poo on no lynch. This much should at least be obvious.

if you were really that upset about it you wouldn't have voted so early

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imo. your vote felt v dishonest

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

if you were really that upset about it you wouldn't have voted so early

Deadline was like less than an hour away. This is weak.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

heh, okay

stop posting until you can make those cases you promised, probably

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Deadline was like less than an hour away. This is weak.

that's a lot of time, it's not weak at all.

f y izzle

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'm just happy because highlander or whatever

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

wall monitor posted:

I'm just happy because highlander or whatever

It was a joke :rolleyes:

Epsilon Plus posted:

heh, okay

I'll do as I please.

Captain Foo posted:

that's a lot of time, it's not weak at all.

f y izzle

Deadline happened for me in the early afternoon while I was at work. A deadline after a long inactive weekend that produced little to no content. Everyone scrambled in with their two-cents and a lynch was secured. How is my vote dishonest after everyone told me that my proposed plan of action was a bad idea?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: well ain't that some poo poo :ghost:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

It was a joke :rolleyes:

I'll do as I please.

Deadline happened for me in the early afternoon while I was at work. A deadline after a long inactive weekend that produced little to no content. Everyone scrambled in with their two-cents and a lynch was secured. How is my vote dishonest after everyone told me that my proposed plan of action was a bad idea?

Epsilon Plus posted:

heh, okay

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
First off, I want to say WWM's comment about hearing the avatar makes sense in connection with Reservoir Dogs so the joke votes placed on them afterwards are extra silly, but it's important because actual heat was built off of those votes.

Gulag starts the voting on pg. 3. Capps is second on that vote, and Wall Monitor is third, with an argument that the initials of the players is confusing and that WWM's lack of knowledge about the game warrants a vote.

- Highlander Case called out -

Captain Foo does place a decent vote on WWM after WWM votes E+. Captain Foo takes WWM's comment as panicky, but what's interesting is this:

Captain Foo posted:

like, if you're looking for people making bad posts there's better options than mithross

wall monitor posted:

Like Captain Foo?

Why is Wall Monitor going after Captain Foo, when Captain Foo is going after WWM? I mean looking back at it you could buy that WM is confused, but Foo's vote on WWM is described, so that wouldn't make sense for them to be confused about it.

In fact their interaction, feels somewhat staged given that it's dropped almost immediately between them.

Also going back to the case on when I made my vote...

It's SUPER weak. I was the vote that put him at -1, and it was Pig who got the last vote in 1 minute later.

That was about 11 minutes til deadline. Did you expect me to hold out until the last second? I feel like this is a bad case, and an outright manipulative one considering my stance on what I want accomplished by town, and everyone else's stance against it.

##vote Captain Foo

I don't like what I've seen from WM and that whole interaction between them and Foo seems super suspect to me, especially with how I feel about Foo.

BUT...

Epsilon Plus posted:

"just for the sake of it" seems to imply that zero thought went into the lynch, when clearly WWM got lynched for a reason.

The reason was to avoid no-lynch correct? Even so, you placed your vote on Mithross when everyone else abandoned it, and you saw what the votes looked like before deadline... Your reasoning is:

Epsilon Plus posted:

I can get behind Somberbrero's posting for D1 ##vote Mithross

Epsilon Plus posted:

B: how about you make some effort into "proving" your towniness instead of just saying it
Call's me out on a lack of substance behind my self-defense, but because E+ is in a position to ride the momentum I'm gaining, they do and with lacking arguments.

Double standards, and bad opportunistic votes, not to mention your buddying with Captain Foo who I also don't trust.

Captain Foo > E+ > WM

If the game truly did start around when WM/WWM votes were being made OR even when I started questioning Foo, then the interactions in that block of time leading up to the deadline between these three seems super off to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the game starts when the mod says the game starts, there is no "true" start doofus

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
people who talk about "true" starts are asocial poopyheads

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mr.capps posted:

##vote wwm

is crazy, hears things in head, you know who else is crazy

jacket

this is an interesting post in hindsight

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cool: OMGUS :cool:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

putting someone at -1 is a cool and good thing to do if you don't actually want them dead, lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the point is yes. you wait until deadline falls. you're squirming. also what you wanted to be accomplished by town is hilariously-antitown.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

putting someone at -1 is a cool and good thing to do if you don't actually want them dead, lol

11 minutes from deadline with everyone equating a no-lynch to a terrible move and idea.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

there are a lot of other people that need to post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

11 minutes from deadline with everyone equating a no-lynch to a terrible move and idea.

this is word salad, try again

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

the point is yes. you wait until deadline falls. you're squirming. also what you wanted to be accomplished by town is hilariously-antitown.

Didn't know I had to play MAFIA by your standards to be town.

You're overbearing, and your would-be authoritative stance feels deliberately misleading.

It's hilariously anti-town to not want two town dead? Well tuck me in, I guess I've got this whole game backwards.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

this is word salad, try again

Not that jumbled, read it again.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Didn't know I had to play MAFIA by your standards to be town.

You're overbearing, and your would-be authoritative stance feels deliberately misleading.

It's hilariously anti-town to not want two town dead? Well tuck me in, I guess I've got this whole game backwards.

i'm far from the only one to believe no-lynch day 1 is anti-town in basically every case. BUT, and this is the point i keep trying to make, you do a completely hilarious 180 on your stance right before deadline

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i guess what i haven't explicitly said before is that this reads to me like you realizing that scum was going to get lynched while you were advocating for no lynch so you instead you wanted to throw a bus. so not only do i think you have been caught doing that, i think your 180 on lynch/no-lynch right before deadline looks pretty scummy as well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

i'm far from the only one to believe no-lynch day 1 is anti-town in basically every case. BUT, and this is the point i keep trying to make, you do a completely hilarious 180 on your stance right before deadline

a completely hilarious 180 when everyone is pushing for it minutes from deadline. My god, it's SO funny lolol.

:rolleyes:

Going to pull an E+ defense, '-in basically every case' implies that there are cases when this would not be the case.

Jack-poo poo happened over there weekend, even leading up to deadline there was hardly any real content. That being the case, and voicing dissent on the town's bloodlust, I put forth the no-lynch suggestion in earnest. BUT we've already been over how that's a terrible move and is super anti-town, and how we learned more from the two dead town. (:rolleyes: x infinity)

Only because someone lucked out and vigged a scum in the night does today start favorably, but even so we could have avoided lynching a town yesterday and that shot still could have been made.

Your arguments against me hinge on meta about how the game should be played. I play along with the poo poo, and I'm the bad guy for it. Ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

i guess what i haven't explicitly said before is that this reads to me like you realizing that scum was going to get lynched while you were advocating for no lynch so you instead you wanted to throw a bus. so not only do i think you have been caught doing that, i think your 180 on lynch/no-lynch right before deadline looks pretty scummy as well.

I'm caught doing nothing! Who am I bussing?! The dead town?

• Locked thread