Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

nah he takes his vitamins with a can of diet coke. the cliffhanger being: does he always drink diet coke? has he gone his whole life thinking diet coke is regular coke?

Of course he can tell the difference between regular Coke and Diet Coke. He can even tell the difference between regular Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Habibi posted:

Of course he can tell the difference between regular Coke and Diet Coke. He can even tell the difference between regular Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper.

ummm...they barely introduced mysticism this season and now you're bringing up sorcery?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Habibi posted:

Well, he thinks he can tell the difference between Coke and Diet Coke, but it turns out Matt's never actually tasted a Diet Coke. Foggy's been giving him RC Cola and telling him it's Diet Coke since college.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Can Daredevil's enhanced senses tell why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gyges posted:

Well, he thinks he can tell the difference between Coke and Diet Coke, but it turns out Matt's never actually tasted a Diet Coke. Foggy's been giving him RC Cola and telling him it's Diet Coke since college.

Foggy confirmed as season 2 villain.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Bruceski posted:

Whoa whoa whoa back the gently caress up

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bruceski posted:

Rather have hostess fruit pies

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bruceski posted:

It's the cinnamon-sugar swirls in every bite. It's the taste you can see!

...oh :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mikeraskol posted:

They need a much clearer vision going into season 2

They're not the only ones :rimshot:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rarity posted:

They're not the only ones :rimshot:

They should borrow Joss Whedon, he had a good one in Avengers 2

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Snak posted:

Yes and it's sooo awesome. So awesome it has gotten me back into comics, somehow.

This is responding to a post a few pages back, but if you wanna keep reading comics similar to Iron Fist, and you've already caught up on Daredevil Bendis to Brubaker, then I'd definitely recommend Brubaker's run on Captain America (responsible for the inspiration behind Winter Soldier!), and Knauf's run on Iron Man is pretty tits too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

Dear Daredevil Production team:
Please make this the first scene of Series 2, thank you.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I want Baby Face Johnny to be the main antagonist of Season 2 now :allears:

Maybe the Ding-A-Ling family in Thor: Ragnarok?

http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess/v2thor05.htm

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

For becoming friends with Matt, that man would choke to death on his fruit pie shortly after and die alone.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So the "Purple" in "Purple Man" seems to refer mostly to his fashion sense.

But I liiiike it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Maybe it'll refer to his dialogue as well, and he'll speak in very purple prose. I imagine he gets his name from just being "that man in purple: the purple man" though, yea.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I accept that more or less, purple makeup would stand out like a sore thumb in the street style they are building here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
They might end up doing it so he turns purple when he uses his powers or something, but its not really needed and I would probably just prefer him to look normal all the time.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

But I liiiike it.

He looks so wonderfully evil, I can't wait for the fangirls to freak out.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

They might end up doing it so he turns purple when he uses his powers or something, but its not really needed and I would probably just prefer him to look normal all the time.

Maybe they will do like Jack Nicholson/Tim Burton's joker, where he uses skin-colored makeup or something.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Maybe only his poop is purple.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

But I liiiike it.

"Hmm, what color should I paint my van? The free candy thing didn't work out as well as I thought it would."

Sorry, it's just hard not think of the Purple Man driving a purple van. I'm trying to avoid rhyming, but the Purple Man is a seriously creepy character, so it's hard to imagine him driving around in anything other than a van.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

thrakkorzog posted:

"Hmm, what color should I paint my van? The free candy thing didn't work out as well as I thought it would."

Sorry, it's just hard not think of the Purple Man driving a purple van. I'm trying to avoid rhyming, but the Purple Man is a seriously creepy character, so it's hard to imagine him driving around in anything other than a van.

Right, but not a creepy/business panel van. A minivan. A purple soccer-mom van.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Snak posted:

Right, but not a creepy/business panel van. A minivan. A purple soccer-mom van.

For some reason, I see it as a purple Nissan Cube. Van-like, but imbued with some special douchiness.

Still purple, though, certainly.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

The creepiest van he could drive is a completely unmarked white ice cream van like the one that comes through our neighborhood and speeds away when an adult runs outside waving money.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Habibi posted:

The creepiest van he could drive is a completely unmarked white ice cream van like the one that comes through our neighborhood and speeds away when an adult runs outside waving money.

What the gently caress that's horrifying you should probably call someone about this

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

BlackJosh posted:

What the gently caress that's horrifying you should probably call someone about this

See? Sounds like perfect Purple Man material.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know, David Tennant auditioned for Hannibal. What are the odds AKA Jessica Jones will ape aspects of that character with Purple Man just like Daredevil took aesthetic inspiration?

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 23, 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mameluke posted:

You know, David Tennant auditioned for Hannibal. What are the odds AKA Jessica Jones will ape aspects of that character with Purple Man just like Daredevil took aesthetic inspiration?

Wow I'm glad he didn't get Hannibal. He's a good actor, but I don't think he could bring the raw, threatening, physicality that Mikkelsen brings to the role. But it will be pretty awesome if they do what you suggest.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tennant's Hannibal could probably speak understandable English

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Came in here without context, immediately thought "Wow that guys looks a lot like David Tennant."

First rule of David Tennant: It's always David Tennant.

Mu Zeta posted:

Tennant's Hannibal could probably speak understandable English

Terribly rude. :fork:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow, Daredevil is the highest rated show on Netflix, period.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That's not super surprising. Nerds, more than any other demographic, will roll out in force to upvote something they like. I'm sure many, many viewers don't bother to rate things they watch on netflix. I know I don't.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Also House of Cards isn't that good.

e: wait it's rated higher than Breaking Bad? I guess it's not fair since it's only 1 season so far and hasn't had a chance to falter yet.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Also House of Cards isn't that good.

Yeah, I'm still in its first season, and It's fun to watch because Kevin Spacey is such a good actor. It's not a great show otherwise. It feels very much like the "LOST" school of series-writing transposed into a political setting.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Snak posted:

Yeah, I'm still in its first season, and It's fun to watch because Kevin Spacey is such a good actor. It's not a great show otherwise. It feels very much like the "LOST" school of series-writing transposed into a political setting.

There's no mystery in House of Cards.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I never noticed that!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

There's no mystery in House of Cards.

Does it count as mystery if it's just things made up to be mysterious, but nothing is ever revealed or makes sense? Isn't that just weirdness?

What I meant, though, was that there seems to be very little continuity and basically no reason to pay attention to any of the details of what's going on. Like LOST, House of Cards is a series of dramatic conversations, and that's basically it. Yes it's better than LOST, and there are some over-arching themes established, but at the end of the day, the only thing that HoC seems to really deliver is Frank Underwood being an ambitious dick.

Edit: I've probably watched about as many episodes of HoC as there are of Daredevil. While Daredevil has significant chunks of screen time devoted to action scenes, HoC is entirely conversations, and yet I know a lot more about the characters in Daredevil and find them a lot more interesting than the characters in HoC. The protagonist of HoC literally talks directly to the audience to "explain" things to us, and yet there's just not a lot there.

Snak fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 25, 2015

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Thanks god, one less series to watch.

Lost at the time felt like some really different but I watched Millennium recently and realized it's the same poo poo, just making poo poo that looks intriguing to keep your audience but not ever bothering where it's going, except they are more more subtle so it flew right under my nose. Also, the fact that arctic bear had a good explanation for existing kept my hope all the way to the lol it's all a dream ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So by "highest rated" they just mean "number of stars people have assigned to it" not "most watched" as "ratings" usually means in the context of TV.

All that article is saying is that the netflix users voted it gold