Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Kanos posted:

Getter Robo Daikessen.

OK yeah this looks rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30aCyFc16EY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You know who would be cool to see show up again in a SRW? The J9 guys. They have such a great theme song too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHQjqtojwI

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

They were in Alpha Garden, but yes Brygar and its theme are loving radical.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I just realized how much I want to see Flit be a giant space racist grandpa to all the alien species.

Edit: Also we have a release date of 20th August.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 20, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Direct feed screenshots here:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/21078933.html

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Well on the plus side I'll get some SRW versions of the AGE opening themes. Real and Aurora were nice, and if I'm lucky To Tomorrow will come in with Flit. sharp# is almost certainly getting kicked for Beyond Destiny, but then again I am apparently the only person in the world who liked sharp#.

Though I wouldn't complain if they kicked Aurora for AGE-FX.

Personally I'm hoping for this as Flit's theme, and Aurora for AGE-FX and Dark Hound.

As far as secrets go... Maybe the guy who's girlfriend died in gen 2 and Littlest Martian Cancer Patient's big brother for AGE?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I just read an article about Voltage trying to shop out a new Godzilla movie and getting sued by Toho for doing it without their permission. My question is, where does Mazinger Z fit into this?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'd throw money at Godzilla vs Mazinger don't pretend you wouldn't.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I just read an article about Voltage trying to shop out a new Godzilla movie and getting sued by Toho for doing it without their permission. My question is, where does Mazinger Z fit into this?
Judging by the poster in the comments section, it looks like Voltage didn't just want to do a cheap Godzilla movie, but then also wanted to do an equally cheap Pacific Rim rip-off using Mazinger. And then decided to fuse the two into one film.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
So why does the cover have...both the Nadesico and an Aestivalis, while Giant Gorg and AGE aren't on there at all?

The artstyle is interesting on this one - very reminiscent of how they drew things for the SRW1 remake, of all things, and generally looks more...boxart-ey in general. Screenshots look okay so far, but I'd have to see it in motion.

And yeah it's probably safe to say time travel will be involved muchly. My money's on 'Byston Well's actually the past, also there's probably an actual correlation between the SD Gundam peeps instead of...'humans evolved into Gundams and decided to recreate romance of the three kingdoms''.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I find it hard to care about anything considering it's on a region locked handheld.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
region locking's kind of a jerk move in general

...i think 3DS emulation is kiiiiind of coming along well? maybe?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Even that's not a salve because I don't want to give them money and send them a message that these bizarro B-Team SRWs are worth investing :(

I mean if they want to put the B-Team to work why aren't they trying to improve the 3d stuff that they tried on the Vita? Guess it must have crashed/burned hard under that chapter model.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I think they're worth investing in? I mean it's clear they're here to stay, probably because, well, staff changes, people don't stay in the same place for 20 years so you need to get more people in to get work done, even if they aren't super experienced.

It's reasonable to assume the B-team was at least half, if not more of Tengoku and it turned out decent in my opinion! Not ideal but they definitely fixed things and stuff, they have it in them!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The logical conclusion of these bizarro SRWs is Nanoha debuting someday, so I'm all for that.

KoB
May 1, 2009
If W was the B-Team they can keep doing whatever they want because its still one of the best ones yet.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rascyc posted:

Even that's not a salve because I don't want to give them money and send them a message that these bizarro B-Team SRWs are worth investing :(

I mean if they want to put the B-Team to work why aren't they trying to improve the 3d stuff that they tried on the Vita? Guess it must have crashed/burned hard under that chapter model.

OE was on the original PSP, not the Vita. The chapter model contributed to its failure, but primarily because the first few chapters were so bland, boring, and low quality that people cashed out and stopped buying halfway through.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

OE's largest issue is that the way experience and leveling worked pretty much required you to grind. A few levels difference gave insane dodge and accuracy bonuses and experience wasn't scaled like in regular games where a low level guy can gain multiple levels by killing a stronger enemy.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

So why does the cover have...both the Nadesico and an Aestivalis, while Giant Gorg and AGE aren't on there at all?
Don't know why Gorg isn't there (although hey, the Sangokuden units weren't on UX boxart either)

But AGE has been systemically removed from boxart covers ever since the first SD Gundam G Gen game that was supposed to be their debut to that series so I'm not surprised there.

Kanos posted:

OE was on the original PSP, not the Vita. The chapter model contributed to its failure, but primarily because the first few chapters were so bland, boring, and low quality that people cashed out and stopped buying halfway through.
I thought the early chapters were the better parts really, perhaps not Chapter 1 which is bad because that's the first impression they're delivering, but it reaches a peak around 2/3, still has some pull in 4/5 and past that you can tell they basically jumped ship and left a skeleton crew to finish the game just so they don't get sued for selling a "complete package" at once (sucks to be early adopters)

And yes, the biggest issue with OE outside of too many filler missions that don't even have grunt variety is that they really overestimated the player's tolerance for grinding. Plus it's not exactly endearing when they sell consumable items to increase the EXP/Money rate but even at 2x rate permanently the grinding is still way too much unless you have multiple plane trips to pass the time.

I actually hope they don't abandon the 3D series because it has some of the better ideas in SRW just because of OE but who knows.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYSgFDahOY

PV is out now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Davzz posted:

I thought the early chapters were the better parts really, perhaps not Chapter 1 which is bad because that's the first impression they're delivering, but it reaches a peak around 2/3, still has some pull in 4/5 and past that you can tell they basically jumped ship and left a skeleton crew to finish the game just so they don't get sued for selling a "complete package" at once (sucks to be early adopters)

And yes, the biggest issue with OE outside of too many filler missions that don't even have grunt variety is that they really overestimated the player's tolerance for grinding. Plus it's not exactly endearing when they sell consumable items to increase the EXP/Money rate but even at 2x rate permanently the grinding is still way too much unless you have multiple plane trips to pass the time.

I actually hope they don't abandon the 3D series because it has some of the better ideas in SRW just because of OE but who knows.

One of the earliest chapter capstone missions in the game features you fighting something like 60-70 samey Zoids grunts that come in waves because the PSP simply cannot handle the amount of samey grunt units that you have to kill in that stage all at once. Another early mission had you fighting Viral and like a loving million of the really really boring original enemies that were basically spiked dildos at that point instead of actual Gurren Lagann villains. It's pretty much poo poo start to finish and was made by a group of people who thought the Neo engine was cool but had absolutely no idea what made Neo's system good or fun.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gently caress Yeah, Knight Gundam.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Are they really just having the Gorg bad guys use the tanks and poo poo they did in the show? I figured they'd get mobile suits.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I think UX is easily on par with the the Z series, though, whereas OE was really dumb and bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man. BX looks... pretty bad.

The biggest problem is there's like no cohesion in the animation. They have a distinctive art style mimicing the box art and then swap into the art style for the show and it's really jarring. The Gorg attack in particular was just sort of weird because the show-still they used looked way blurrier and uglier than the smooth heavy-lined sprite.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
it's a little better than ux in terms of actual quality (doesn't look like they did anything to skl, 00 or frontier aside from add in cutins) but yeah the disparity is weird

the knight gundam looks really good though, i think someone at banpresto really likes sd gundam or something

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Are they seriously still doing that poo poo where the pilots only get 1 face image each? It's 2015, for gently caress's sake!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Broken Loose posted:

Are they seriously still doing that poo poo where the pilots only get 1 face image each? It's 2015, for gently caress's sake!

even the goddamn first OG did that, come on

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I actually really enjoyed the animation in this.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Also, the Unicorn looks like poo poo. A combination of the art style adding those clashing outlines, the resolution being too low, and the colors being really really brown for some reason.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Colors and transitioning from sprite to "more like Anime version cut-in" are definitely weird as heck.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

it's a little better than ux in terms of actual quality (doesn't look like they did anything to skl, 00 or frontier aside from add in cutins) but yeah the disparity is weird

the knight gundam looks really good though, i think someone at banpresto really likes sd gundam or something

The SD Gundams were the best in BFT.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So they're just doing all of Unicorn at once, eh? Alrighty, hopefully the new remixes sound good.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

TARDISman posted:

So they're just doing all of Unicorn at once, eh? Alrighty, hopefully the new remixes sound good.

The upside of this game is that the Unicorn Mystery Box plot stands a chance of not sucking if they properly let it be dominated by the late Nadesico plot reveals.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So this will be the first time Nadesico is in a game with a Squad system.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

There's also AGE's whole deal which would actually work rather well with it, too. Maybe I'm being unrealistically optimistic, but maybe AGE will actually be decent now.

Dr Pepper posted:

So this will be the first time Nadesico is in a game with a Squad system.

Is it 2 or 3 to a squad?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Since it's the same engine as UX most likely 2 mech squads

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Since it's the same engine as UX most likely 2 mech squads

Man, that's not as fun. How can I do the Buttercup formation with just 2 Aestis?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Man. BX looks... pretty bad.

The biggest problem is there's like no cohesion in the animation. They have a distinctive art style mimicing the box art and then swap into the art style for the show and it's really jarring. The Gorg attack in particular was just sort of weird because the show-still they used looked way blurrier and uglier than the smooth heavy-lined sprite.
Honestly, I had this problem with especially Z3-2 as well. They switched from a proper SD sprite to basically frame captures from the anime too often. They were way cleaned up and looked awesome, but it still wasn't consistent. Based on this trailer I think BX is going to do that less in this regard, actually.

edit: this however is fantastically wrong

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

TARDISman posted:

Man, that's not as fun. How can I do the Buttercup formation with just 2 Aestis?

Ryoko and Izumi in one squad, place Hikaru in another. Then do the team attacks.

• Locked thread