Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Ryoko and Izumi in one squad, place Hikaru in another. Then do the team attacks.

More like Ryoko and Akito in one squad and Izumi and Hikaru in the other. Still, it'd be neat if it was 3 person squads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Akito is with Gai. :colbert:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Meanwhile, Akatsuki is duct-taped to the bench.

Unless he's got a semi-decent Tactician Bonus going for him, then he gets put in that slot (until someone else does the job better).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Honestly, I had this problem with especially Z3-2 as well. They switched from a proper SD sprite to basically frame captures from the anime too often. They were way cleaned up and looked awesome, but it still wasn't consistent. Based on this trailer I think BX is going to do that less in this regard, actually.

edit: this however is fantastically wrong

Z3 had a more coherent style mesh I think. It had its SD style and then the 'anime' style for emphasis. BX can't even keep the SD style straight in the animations. It kind of veers between a more UX-ish look, an artstyle clearly designed to mimic the box cover, and then the anime sprites which look poorly integrated. It kind of veers between the three without much thought. (Most noticeable in Unicorn and Gorg.) Some of the units look good. Galient and Knight Gundam looked really solid.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Those 3-person combo in Twin System were rather awkward in UX with Tobikage and Sangokuden as well.

That being said, 2-person combo in that system really aren't worth it because you can't attack with the 2nd Twinned unit as long as a combo is being done.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Hope we get the first two AGE openings, those are my favorites, even if they're not going to be all that relevant.

...oh wait I just realized WE'RE FINALLY FREE FROM GODDAMNED SEED DESTINY AND I GUESS DANCOUGAR NOVA

shame they couldn't let go of frontier but given how 30's here it's a bit more...okay I'll deal with it. With luck we won't have to go through their whole rigamarole, it seems like Alto might just be starting in the yf-29.

Still curious to see how they'll do New Story of Dunbine.

Also what do you mean by having the Laplace Box stuff tie into Nadesico? I think maaaaaybe Unicorn stuff MIGHT be slightly more relevant since with both the Jovians and Vagans running around there's probably...maybe...something, look I never actually watched any of those shows x.x

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Still curious to see how they'll do New Story of Dunbine.

I think this blog post says that it's units only.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Also what do you mean by having the Laplace Box stuff tie into Nadesico? I think maaaaaybe Unicorn stuff MIGHT be slightly more relevant since with both the Jovians and Vagans running around there's probably...maybe...something, look I never actually watched any of those shows x.x

Full Frontal opens the Laplace Box over live broadcast to the entire Earth Sphere, reaches in...and pulls out a limited edition signed DVD box set of Gekiganger 3.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

quantumavenger posted:

Full Frontal opens the Laplace Box over live broadcast to the entire Earth Sphere, reaches in...and pulls out a limited edition signed DVD box set of Gekiganger 3.

If Gekiganger is in any way deeply tied to Laplace's Box I will deeply consider buying a Japanese 3DS for importing purposes.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

quantumavenger posted:

oh my god

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!

quantumavenger posted:

I'm going to be disappointed if this won't be the case, this would be the best

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder when all's said and done in BX if the Vagans or the Jovians are going to come off as the dumber and more deluded faction.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ImpAtom posted:

Z3 had a more coherent style mesh I think. It had its SD style and then the 'anime' style for emphasis. BX can't even keep the SD style straight in the animations. It kind of veers between a more UX-ish look, an artstyle clearly designed to mimic the box cover, and then the anime sprites which look poorly integrated. It kind of veers between the three without much thought. (Most noticeable in Unicorn and Gorg.) Some of the units look good. Galient and Knight Gundam looked really solid.

The way the 'box-art' look tends to come up, particularly with Raijin-Oh, makes me wonder if they chose it because of 3DS resolution issues. Ie, they wanted something 'cleaner' for close ups so as not to look weird and fuzzy on a 3DS screen.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder when all's said and done in BX if the Vagans or the Jovians are going to come off as the dumber and more deluded faction.

I doubt the Jovians are able to beat the Vagans keeping their mobile colony stuck in orbit over the planet that's been slowly killing them for centuries.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Astro Nut posted:

The way the 'box-art' look tends to come up, particularly with Raijin-Oh, makes me wonder if they chose it because of 3DS resolution issues. Ie, they wanted something 'cleaner' for close ups so as not to look weird and fuzzy on a 3DS screen.

Almost certainly. I bet it 'pops' out in 3D. It's just weird looking compared to the lower-quality default sprites.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quantumavenger posted:

I doubt the Jovians are able to beat the Vagans keeping their mobile colony stuck in orbit over the planet that's been slowly killing them for centuries.
Actually, how is this plot point even going to work? Why would Mars kill the Vagans but not the Jovians?

Unless it's like Z2, and there's two different Marses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Actually, how is this plot point even going to work? Why would Mars kill the Vagans but not the Jovians?

Unless it's like Z2, and there's two different Marses.

The Jovians are a lot less fuckin' dumb and know how to ray shield their poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Jovians are the ones secretly releasing Mars Rays via beam cannons to slowly kill the Vagans!

... Anime made them do it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Jovians might be part of the Vagans as some sort of weird anime warrior cult.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Well, in theory...

Double checking the lengths of time involved, the Vagans would have been on Mars first. So its possible that when the Jovians fled to Mars, rather than allow them to settle peacefully (and take up resources), the Vagans went to war, which in turn forced the Jovians to keep going all the way to Jupiter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jupiterian successor nadesico doesn't have the same ring to it

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Well, thinking on it, if anything, wouldn't being side by side with Gundam AGE's stuff mean that any of Nadesico's characters that were born on Mars... would be Vagan citizens?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Legend of Kaiser, Let's Go Gekiganger 3, Yuusha Oh Tanjou, Kanjite Knight / The Guardian.

At least the soundtrack should be pretty decent.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
They open the box and it's the manga version of Gekiganger 3 signed by the original author - Aeolia Schenberg - with an extra foreward dedicated to all spacenoids now they have equal representation and autonomy from the Earth sphere.

Having Nadesico in it means that there are 3 possible characters to be voiced by the guy who does Sanger (even if only one is likely to get any voiced lines) and if he's already in the studio... 3rdOGs confirmed.

I was told the soundtrack of UX had good versions of all the songs and I'm hype for a new You Get to Burning.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 21, 2015

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

EthanSteele posted:

They open the box and it's the manga version of Gekiganger 3 signed by the original author - Aeolia Schenberg - with an extra foreward dedicated to all spacenoids now they have equal representation and autonomy from the Earth sphere.

Having Nadesico in it means that there are 3 possible characters to be voiced by the guy who does Sanger (even if only one is likely to get any voiced lines) and if he's already in the studio... 3rdOGs confirmed.

Then the ELS absorb the DVDs and Mangas and you're forced to fight an army of GekiGangers...not sure Gai Daigouji and Akito could handle that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im hype for age's music to be honest

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Then the ELS absorb the DVDs and Mangas and you're forced to fight an army of GekiGangers...not sure Gai Daigouji and Akito could handle that.

...I rather unironically want this to happen. And then they become allies in the final fight against the Z-Master.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

EthanSteele posted:

I was told the soundtrack of UX had good versions of all the songs and I'm hype for a new You Get to Burning.

They lied. UX has really bad music.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Prism posted:

They lied. UX has really bad music.
Half/half really.

To kill your ears, listen to something like "Joey and Heroman" and some of the Macross Frontier songs (Obelisk?)(edit: The Eternal Soldiers sound pretty bad too)

On the good side, Love Survivor, Linebarrels theme and Demonbane sound pretty good IMO.

Davzz fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 22, 2015

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Davzz posted:

Half/half really.

To kill your ears, listen to something like "Joey and Heroman" and some of the Macross Frontier songs (Obelisk?)(edit: The Eternal Soldiers sound pretty bad too)

On the good side, Love Survivor, Linebarrels theme and Demonbane sound pretty good IMO.

Yeah, this is pretty much true. For every Proud or My Fate, you get whatever happened to Joey and Heroman.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I am sorrow at how bad Sokyuu was

God I hope they do a better job on the music than UX, ugh

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I thought this looked bad, then I looked back at some UX videos. There's a lot of style clashes, but at least everything's not super pixelated anymore.

Also I get what they were going for with Unicorn Destroy, but man the red sheen of the psychoframe just does not work with that sprite. It looks sunburnt.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pureauthor posted:

I really hope there's a scene where Kusakabe reacts to how loving insane and delusional Elzecant is.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

AGE-3 Orbital will have one attack and it blows up the unit when you use it.
It's going to be an icon on a space map that gets blown up.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
e: wrong thread

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
I don't really know how to feel about this. WHY must GaoGaiGar have been reserved for a meh portable title. It would have been amazing in Z3-2. Galient looks pretty good and I am always happy about Brave saga stuff, but i don't really get any strong vibes from this one. Wonder what the originals will be like?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
It's ok he'll be in the big boy one too, gotta be.

Just got everybody ack together after the Fifth Luna root split in Z3.1 and Jesus CHRIST there are so many people. I'm trying to do reals/Gundams only this run and even then there's not enough room with 15 teams. Even dropping the 00 guys and the non Sousuke FMP guys is too many! And I'm about to get Gyunei, Marida and Quess and have to use them to get the Kshatriya? Only concessions are Watta and his shuttle friends because 500 Z chips and free PP is nice, but I might have to drop them too.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Playing L and hahaha at how they're just ramming through the SEED Destiny plot with most of it offscreen.

Also man I like PP way more the Skill parts, I don't know who to give what since it's so limited.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
For skill parts I basically just favoured 2 units - one melee and one range respectively for stats because I don't really feel there's any motivation to spread them out. They should probably cap how much stats you can gain from those parts so you might actually distribute them somewhat around.

For skills, stuff like giving H&A to snipers etc are kind of obvious, so it's just a matter of prioritizing distribution.

One thing I do like about Skill Parts is that weaker skills do get used because there isn't a "max skill limit" on a character so skills like Counter actually get used, if only because there's no opportunity cost for using them up whereas in a PP system, getting that means you aren't getting more useful things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
The household playthrough of Tengoku-hen is over and there are a lot of crazy powerful units in this game. Nono dunking the final boss for like 100K was chill.

• Locked thread