Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Only because someone lucked out and vigged a scum in the night does today start favorably, but even so we could have avoided lynching a town yesterday and that shot still could have been made.

But.... That didnt happen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I think its Pig

##vote CPig

Meta reasoning: I think he usually puts forward more controversial opinions when he's town, but I'm getting a lot of passivity and general agreement from him. He votes Mithross following me and Somber. He gets in on WWH at the end to be present for the lynch vote, and overall his posts seem to be "measured" which is unpiglike. At least the pig I used to know, I haven't played with him in a long time. Maybe he's matured, but he's probably scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Slamburger posted:

I think its Pig

##vote CPig

Meta reasoning: I think he usually puts forward more controversial opinions when he's town, but I'm getting a lot of passivity and general agreement from him. He votes Mithross following me and Somber. He gets in on WWH at the end to be present for the lynch vote, and overall his posts seem to be "measured" which is unpiglike. At least the pig I used to know, I haven't played with him in a long time. Maybe he's matured, but he's probably scum.

hah, look at this idiot.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Ghostly Gangsta

I like that Slamburger post too though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

But.... That didnt happen...

:psypop:

I'm a big dumb idiot, and if you dunked me now, I wouldn't even protest.

How could I be so dumb? I don't even... What the hell? My god, I really am stupid.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

how the gently caress do you not carefully read flips after i already hosed it up

gdi

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Slamburger posted:

I think its Pig

##vote CPig

i don't really like meta arguments but i'm not going to call it scummy per se

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

i don't really like meta arguments but i'm not going to call it scummy per se

mafia edit: call the argument scummy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

how the gently caress do you not carefully read flips after i already hosed it up

gdi

I thought you misinterpreted what I misinterpreted. It's ok, I see now that I am just brain dead and my body hasn't gotten the message.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Yeah, i can see that Slam. ##vote pig

I just think GG is stupid towny.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Big Nothing posted:

Yeah, i can see that Slam. ##vote pig

I just think GG is stupid towny.

This, is a really bad vote, fyi

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

1 new post in Hotline mafia. Killed by CapitalistPig.

As it was loading, i thought to myself: "I bet it's going to be Pig, quoting my post, saying how bad it is" :rolleyes:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hm well the scum is at least one of ghost/pig/nothing with foo as a dark horse, because while it was easy to miss the text that said WWM was Mafia, there was also a picture of Jacket right there with it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Big Nothing posted:

1 new post in Hotline mafia. Killed by CapitalistPig.

As it was loading, i thought to myself: "I bet it's going to be Pig, quoting my post, saying how bad it is" :rolleyes:

1 new post in Hotline mafia. Killed by Big nothing

I bet its going to be Big Nothing continuing to be scummy :rolleyes:

##vote BN

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

1 new post in Hotline mafia. Killed by Big nothing

I bet its going to be Big Nothing continuing to be scummy :rolleyes:

##vote BN

Why are you voting for me and not for the guy that made the case against you?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Big Nothing posted:

Why are you voting for me and not for the guy that made the case against you?

because what you are doing is scummier, I can see why Slam would think that, even though he's dumb and wrong, what you are doing is jumping in with a yeah "me too" vote and you look scummier for it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm suspicious of Big Nothing also. He's given no context for his votes, just agreeing with someone else, except for one vote: when he tried to push the lynch from WWM to GG right at the end of D1, when, if he'd gotten any traction, it was late enough we'd probably have ended up with a no lynch.

Right after that, he says he believes in GG after all, and proceeds to vote with slamburger on a relatively weak meta argument.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Captain Foo posted:

this is an interesting post in hindsight

it was an interesting post then, but you are a dumb idiot who doesn't play mafia well so you couldn't see the truth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mr.capps posted:

you are a dumb idiot who doesn't play mafia well

i said as much in my signup post :supaburn:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey I should probably post huh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bowmore posted:

hey I should probably post huh

:agreed:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
uggghhhhh

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so Somber is confirmed town huh, that's nifty

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

so Somber is confirmed town huh, that's nifty

Yeah that was pretty nice of WWM.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wwm is really bad at revealing the identity of the serial killer, its known

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Hi, hello, yes.

I return to shade being thrown every which way... and Slamburger shows up outta nowhere with a meta case?

Also:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

a completely hilarious 180 when everyone is pushing for it minutes from deadline. My god, it's SO funny lolol.

:rolleyes:

Going to pull an E+ defense, '-in basically every case' implies that there are cases when this would not be the case.

Jack-poo poo happened over there weekend, even leading up to deadline there was hardly any real content. That being the case, and voicing dissent on the town's bloodlust, I put forth the no-lynch suggestion in earnest. BUT we've already been over how that's a terrible move and is super anti-town, and how we learned more from the two dead town. (:rolleyes: x infinity)

Only because someone lucked out and vigged a scum in the night does today start favorably, but even so we could have avoided lynching a town yesterday and that shot still could have been made.

Your arguments against me hinge on meta about how the game should be played. I play along with the poo poo, and I'm the bad guy for it. Ridiculous.

I'll steer clear of how you were blatantly wrong about town getting lunched instead of scum (given that I made the same mistake about a town PR flip) and focus on the fact that you sound really defensive here - I think you would act a little more calmly unless you had knowledge that town wouldn't that makes your case crap, possibly because you know who scum are?

(I'm glad I'm such a cornerstone of this community that I now have a defense named after me - now if only I knew if you were insulting me or not)

Also, missed this earlier:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

The reason was to avoid no-lynch correct? Even so, you placed your vote on Mithross when everyone else abandoned it, and you saw what the votes looked like before deadline... Your reasoning is:

That was my second-to-last post that game day; I believed Somber, and I didn't get a chance to check how votes had evolved before the day ended. So. Thanks for assuming you know what I'm up to.

You seem really hellbent on controlling and steering the discussion and I am not a fan of this. You are disagreeing with what most of us consider to be good day 1 gameplay (and I should note it's not the disagreement that bothers me - it's your refusal to drop it and move on) and, frankly, the number of clear mistakes you're making during this discussion is piling up.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Also, just a brief point: it is possible but unlikely that Somber could be a scum godfather? We've had non-vanilla town and although I don't know enough about Hotline Miami's characters to really guess what the flavor would be, it's not mechanically impossible. I consider Somber town enough based on his content so far, but I just wanted to throw this out before we all get too far into talking confirmed town.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also, just a brief point: it is possible but unlikely that Somber could be a scum godfather? We've had non-vanilla town and although I don't know enough about Hotline Miami's characters to really guess what the flavor would be, it's not mechanically impossible. I consider Somber town enough based on his content so far, but I just wanted to throw this out before we all get too far into talking confirmed town.

:rolleyes:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Serial killer, kill somber to prove EP is being silly goose, thanks

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

CapitalistPig (2): Slamburger, Big Nothing
Big Nothing (2): mr.capps, CapitalistPig
Ghostly Gangsta (2): Captain Foo, mr.capps, CapitalistPig, mr.capps, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig
Captain Foo (1): Ghostly Gangsta
wall monitor (0): Big Nothing, Big Nothing
Epsilon Plus (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (5): bowmore, Epsilon Plus, Mithross, Quidnose, wall monitor

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 22nd, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. BST -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pre:
Captain Foo	100
Ghostly Gangsta	51
Somberbrero	33
mr.capps	28
Dugong	23
GulagDolls	23
CapitalistPig	22
Big Nothing	19
Epsilon Plus	14
WHICH WAY MADNESS	13
bowmore	12
Slamburger	12
wall monitor	11
Mithross	9
Quidnose	7
votefinder	6
Hal Incandenza	6 

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

post you shitheads you're ruining the game

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Captain Foo posted:

Hey! I'm not a shithead. That other thing is probably true.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

sure, but why is that worth considering now?

I'm still fine lunching Ghost. I feel like we have a solid pool of lunch candidates, let us just move forward.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Yeah I suppose I should post more.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Captain Foo posted:

I'm comfortably in the middle, screw you.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Foo, you should....post less

Also did Somber get investigated or am i missing something?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Big Nothing posted:

Also did Somber get investigated or am i missing something?

:allears:

Dugong posted:

WHICH WAY MADNESS has chosen to reveal Somberbrero.

Somberbrero is Town Aligned and is wearing no mask!

Night actions in 24 hours please! Thank you!

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Ah yes, of course.

Automatically assuming godfather isn't a healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hi, hello, yes.

I return to shade being thrown every which way... and Slamburger shows up outta nowhere with a meta case?

Also:

I'll steer clear of how you were blatantly wrong about town getting lunched instead of scum (given that I made the same mistake about a town PR flip) and focus on the fact that you sound really defensive here - I think you would act a little more calmly unless you had knowledge that town wouldn't that makes your case crap, possibly because you know who scum are?

(I'm glad I'm such a cornerstone of this community that I now have a defense named after me - now if only I knew if you were insulting me or not)

Also, missed this earlier:

That was my second-to-last post that game day; I believed Somber, and I didn't get a chance to check how votes had evolved before the day ended. So. Thanks for assuming you know what I'm up to.

You seem really hellbent on controlling and steering the discussion and I am not a fan of this. You are disagreeing with what most of us consider to be good day 1 gameplay (and I should note it's not the disagreement that bothers me - it's your refusal to drop it and move on) and, frankly, the number of clear mistakes you're making during this discussion is piling up.

Give up your casework scum lurker. If you'd actually been paying attention, you'd realize, I realized I was a huge rear end last page or so and have since then sunk into a pit of shame.

##vote Epsilon

• Locked thread