Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's me, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

Kohaku True was basically Kohaku Good anyways. But I don't begrudge it because it's basically a bunch of monsters deciding "you know what, let's try and be regular people" at the very last minute and then doing that.

Pretty much the entirety of Tsukihime is about people struggling against the, often literal, monsters within them.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like Tsukihime, I hope the remake is being worked on as we speak... maybe... possibly... before I die...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Compendium posted:

I like Tsukihime, I hope the remake is being worked on as we speak... maybe... possibly... before I die...

the remake looks cool but i dont like arc's new miniskirt. her old granny outfit was kinda cool because i always figured she just grabbed it last time she was awake, which was like 100 years ago or something.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hisui and Arihiko are like, the only characters who aren't secretly psychotic murderers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Hisui and Arihiko are like, the only characters who aren't secretly psychotic murderers.
Even Arihiko has a hosed up life.

quote:

Background information on him is introduced in the Kagetsu Tohya side story "S.O.S. Nanako-chan". When Arihiko was young, the apartment complex he lived in collapsed with him and his family in it. He was the only one on the third floor to survive. Before he got rescued, he had been stuck in the rubble for three days. When the apartment complex collapsed, he saw his grandmother die before his eyes, which caused him to have a different look on death.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
normal person: haha yeah this is the best friend character. he probably comes from a lovely house or something though. his dad drinks a lot.

nasu: DEATH HAS NO MEANING TO HIM ANYMORE... HE LIVES ON EMBRACING HIS OWN MORTALITY... DEATH SHALL GRANT HIM HIS RELEASE...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

yeah nasu owns a lot

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

His sister smokes a lot

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In retrospect I'm not sure I like any of the Tsukihime endings, really. Except for the one in the manga which was neat.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*the lovable plutonis pulls out Ea and obliterates the last 4 pages and all the mongrels on it*

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Cake Attack posted:

thanks, i was at the edge of my seat
Eh, I was a little interested in it. Despite how dismissive I probably seem, I always look seeing new ways to look at things and see other interpretations (that's how you learn!). That said, the logical part of me already knows that poo poo wasn't going to go anywhere good.

ZoninSilver posted:

I can't really agree that the aforementioned ANN podcast was negative towards Fate/Zero, there are some criticisms of course, but the casters involved seem to be neutral at worst towards it. There wasn't a ton of discussion points I hadn't heard about either here or elsewhere already, but it was pretty inoffensive. Hell, the dig against Type Moon fans seemed to be mostly coming from a viewpoint of having to moderate ANN threads about Fate, wouldn't surprise me if that gave a negative impression to most!
gently caress you, don't make me interested to listen to a goddamn 2.5 hour podcast.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also cool that the ANN moderator who posts exclusively on the thread about Nostalgia Critic and the like is too cool for ADTRW

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Also cool that the ANN moderator who posts exclusively on the thread about Nostalgia Critic and the like is too cool for ADTRW
Can't handle people who maturely love anime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I read/post on the Internet Critic Thread, barely anyone likes NC anymore due to drama bombs.

That being said, sometimes the thread goes on an anime derail and then people in the thread complain about it, but then it derails to something else entirely.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hey lady....if you're reading this...gently caress YOU!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

yes i'm also mad that people we don't like don't post here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

yes i'm also mad that people we don't like don't post here
i am encouraging to all people who like anime and wish to post here, even when i disagree with them

a wider variety of opinions and views can only be a good thing for a forum

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You're 100% right.

I'm probably just guilty of lumping a bunch of different people's opinions into one big, self-contradictory one.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The problem with listening to any particular community is that they're usually dumb and insular and think that they have some kind of monopoly on taste.

An obvious, on topic example in anime is that many forum communities believe Type-Moon and Fate/stay night are unpopular and ill-received, despite every available piece of evidence suggesting that F/SN is among the most popular franchises around and that people obviously enjoy it.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Honestly I don't think Tsukihime will be have as good of an atmosphere with actual production values, if everything is going to look like FSN instead of surreal not-quite-real-world then ehn

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'd disagree! I think it could be pulled off since I would imagine the atmosphere to be similar to what ufotable did with the Kara no Kyoukai movies which was haunting, dark, and making great use of light in urban spaces. And we'd be in good hands with people who actually get the basic character personalities instead of whatever J.C.Staff did.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Being Lancer is adorable.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tonfa posted:

Honestly I don't think Tsukihime will be have as good of an atmosphere with actual production values, if everything is going to look like FSN instead of surreal not-quite-real-world then ehn

Especially if you played it with the Ever After music, which was so much more haunting and atmospheric then the original.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was too lazy to actually setup music in Tsukihime so audiowise it was Nothing and Cicadas

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
When I first played Tsukihime, my friend who told me about it suggested I swap the ending music with A Warm Place by NIN.

It worked really well, actually.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also I wouldn't be surprised if people mainly think T-M is unpopular because there's only very recently been any English-language buzz for the stuff other than word of mouth. It's kind of a similar situation to JoJo, really.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thank loving god western normies won't appropriate T/Moon as "only good anime" though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Thank loving god western normies won't appropriate T/Moon as "only good anime" though

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:mediocre:

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Thought y'all might appreciate this thing a friend of mine made

glomkettle fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 20, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You can't just do that to your own posts, that's insane

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Watched Fate/Zero recently, can't get over Iskandar :love::allears:

Also sad that there wasn't more of Berserker yoinking Gils poo poo.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Zernach posted:

Watched Fate/Zero recently, can't get over Iskandar :love::allears:

Also sad that there wasn't more of Berserker yoinking Gils poo poo.

I always wondered, did Gil never actually retrieve those two or three NPs he launched at Caster's monstrosity? So, are there like, three legendary swords/spears just laying at the bottom of the Fuyuki River?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Don't be silly.

A hobo's probably stolen them by now.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

AlternateNu posted:

I always wondered, did Gil never actually retrieve those two or three NPs he launched at Caster's monstrosity? So, are there like, three legendary swords/spears just laying at the bottom of the Fuyuki River?

Pretty cool if so, you can have some future story where some kids retrieve them!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Supposedly he has a NP that does that job for him.

It's Gilgamesh after all, why wouldn't he have the legendary prototypical Roomba.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Kyte posted:

Supposedly he has a NP that does that job for him.

It's Gilgamesh after all, why wouldn't he have the legendary prototypical Roomba.

Well yeah, his NP's get automatically retrieved if he wills it, as we see with the fight against Berserker. However Gilgamesh talks about how they are now "tainted" and declines to retrieve them. So presumably, yeah they're still there unless they go away once he kicks it.

On a side note involve Gil; his motivation basically boils down to doing what the Shadows do in Babylon 5 right? He just wants to kick over the ant hill of humanity and douse it with kerosene so that only those worth ruling survive? Technically the fire that engulfed Fuyuki "10 years ago" was a miniature version of what he wanted to do right? So isn't technically Shirou an example of the sort of the very people Gil wants to rule over?

Talk about a plan going horribly right! On one hand its kinda sad how Gil never recognizes that if so, but on the other I guess it says something about Gil's personality that he wouldn't notice because the plan is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

That's definitely part of it, but a significant portion is also just that he believes the grail is rightfully his; for anyone else to win and take it would be theft, and he cannot abide being stolen from.