Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Bleh also I must leave now for a half hour so I may miss the hammer on my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Dead Cow posted:

Joke votes tend to go on either big names (people everyone knows), friends (haha i'm gonna vote you cause we just played in this game together, etc), or scum buddies (haha i'm gonna come up with a ~random~ reason to vote and call it a joke vote)

It's one of the reasons why I didn't like kleedrac's early interactions, and the main reason why I super dislike bowmore 'forgetting' he didn't vote at all.

Bowmore's joke vote was on DGK just for reference.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Shanakin posted:

Huh. Lynching Lurkers was a thing last time I played, but as I said that was ages ago on a different website. Do we not learn their identity and so on after they are killed here?

I'll ##unvote and come read the thread again after some food.

it's still a thing, just not a thing on day 1 because you go into day 2 with "welp we didn't learn poo poo from that lynch"

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Bowmore's joke vote was on DGK just for reference.

Only because HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY VOTE KLEEDRAC

Remember, he said he did? That one time? Where he lied? And that's why I'm voting him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Dead Cow posted:

it's still a thing, just not a thing on day 1 because you go into day 2 with "welp we didn't learn poo poo from that lynch"

Only because HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY VOTE KLEEDRAC

Remember, he said he did? That one time? Where he lied? And that's why I'm voting him?

Yeah, I re-read that interaction between bowmore and WWM and I can see from the way bowmore phrased his posts that he could have been referring to DGK instead.

Do you think bowmore's lie was malicious?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yeah, I re-read that interaction between bowmore and WWM and I can see from the way bowmore phrased his posts that he could have been referring to DGK instead.

Do you think bowmore's lie was malicious?

Yes, because he was using it to push a point and then he's using his call out as a way to put votes on me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Where did everyone go?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dead Cow posted:

Yes, because he was using it to push a point and then he's using his call out as a way to put votes on me.

Explain to me why, as scum, he would lie about something easily verifiable. I honestly dont understand why he would do that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm still here, just uninterested in voting for anyone else.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

No lynching is bad. It makes day 2 just like day 1, you need the info the d1 lynch provides.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm trying to gauge Dead Cow still, and while I can't point to anything specific, my gut is leaning scum.

##vote Dead Cow

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg posted:

I'm trying to gauge Dead Cow still, and while I can't point to anything specific, my gut is leaning scum.

##vote Dead Cow

Dead Cow has a lot of posts and a lot of opinions. How come you can't point to anything specific?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Dead Cow has a lot of posts and a lot of opinions. How come you can't point to anything specific?

This is a good question. Im here.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Explain to me why, as scum, he would lie about something easily verifiable. I honestly dont understand why he would do that.

Because I believe he honestly thought he voted, because he was going to vote.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That is a good question

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Grandicap posted:

No lynching is bad. It makes day 2 just like day 1, you need the info the d1 lynch provides.

I do totally agree with this. If I have to ##vote Dead Cow I will. Sorry Dead Cow.

I am pretty sure you will come up as a Townie but I would rather some hard information then no hard information.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##unvote for the moment

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'd like to hear an answer from Meinberg.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Me and DC differ a bit.

She sees him not voting as TRAP SPRUNG.

I see it as 'he couldn't have been all that serious about his suspicion of kleedrac, he didn't even put a vote down. That's kind of scummy.'

Lynch all liars is a dumb argument.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Lynch all liars is a dumb argument.

It is kinda dumb.

If DC isn't getting hammered I'm just gonna ##unvote from her and find a better target. I am willing to trust her at the moment.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I'm pretty tired, and I feel that Meinberg's "Welp vote DC because I can't articulate a reason despite there being many posts from her" is lovely and kinda scummy.

##vote Meinberg

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

fiery_valkyrie posted:

First, I'm not set on Dead Cow. My primary reason for voting her is to avoid a no vote out, though that particular circumstance seems increasingly likely.

Second, I really do not like her interaction with/tunneling on Bowmore. The interactions with regard to Bowmore and Kleedrac seem tenuous at best, disingenuous at worse. Then her analysis of the vote histories seems to be her attempting to find a new narrative to explain why Bowmore is scummy, showing a general reluctance to look elsewhere for potential scum.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I'm heading to bed, I have to get up gently caress early and I didn't know ecco's floating deadline was gonna be a thing. Lynch me if necessary, but I love you guys mwah ni night

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Meinberg posted:

First, I'm not set on Dead Cow. My primary reason for voting her is to avoid a no vote out, though that particular circumstance seems increasingly likely.

Second, I really do not like her interaction with/tunneling on Bowmore. The interactions with regard to Bowmore and Kleedrac seem tenuous at best, disingenuous at worse. Then her analysis of the vote histories seems to be her attempting to find a new narrative to explain why Bowmore is scummy, showing a general reluctance to look elsewhere for potential scum.

I am more willing to believe Bowmore is scummy then DC.

So far I have no real reason to think YOU are scummy. Not sure why DKG thinks "she posted too much on day 1" is a bad reason to vote; hell no one voted for me when I announced I'd cast my vote based on whether or not people linked youtube in their post. If we were casting serious votes on number of posts/random content I'd vote for Porque and his weird dead baby post.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I;m pretty happy with my vote on Dead Cow, she thought she could force a lynch on me before deadline but it didn't work, terrible scum play imo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

It is kinda dumb.

If DC isn't getting hammered I'm just gonna ##unvote from her and find a better target. I am willing to trust her at the moment.
You are willing to trust her but you think her argument is dumb?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Dead Cow

Can we try and get a lynch before Ecco gets back.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Dead Cow (5): Poque, DGK2000, -DGK2000, -Poque, bowmore, Poque, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, DGK2000, Meinberg, -Meinberg, Gridlocked, -DGK2000, Shanakin, -Shanakin, -Gridlocked, Meinberg, Gridlocked, -fiery_valkyrie, -Gridlocked, fiery_valkyrie
bowmore (2): Grandicap, -Grandicap, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Dead Cow, DGK2000, -DGK2000
Meinberg (2): DGK2000, -DGK2000, Kleedrac, DGK2000
Quandary (1): Shanakin
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0): fiery_valkyrie, bowmore, -bowmore, -fiery_valkyrie
DGK2000 (0): bowmore, Shanakin, -bowmore, -Shanakin
Poque (0): Meinberg, Grandicap, -Grandicap, -Meinberg, DGK2000, -DGK2000
Kleedrac (0): Meinberg, Kleedrac, Gridlocked, -Meinberg, -Kleedrac, Grandicap, Meinberg, WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS, -Grandicap, -Meinberg, -Gridlocked

Not Voting (3): Gridlocked, Quandary, QuoProQuid

:h: With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

You are willing to trust her but you think her argument is dumb?

Because I think her "lynch all liars" idea is dumb, I should not trust her? That isn't how trust works man.

You sound pretty hardcore on the kill DC train though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

You sound pretty hardcore on the kill DC train though.
Because I think she's scum yeah, I know your new but that's how this game works

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I love my friends, so very very much.

:d: Skype date over, deadline is in :siren: 10 minutes :siren: from this post

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

Because I think she's scum yeah, I know your new but that's how this game works

And she thinks you're scum. So what you're out to remove her before she gets people to remove you?

Don't assume just because I am new to Mafia I don't understand how the pointing fingers game works.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

And she thinks you're scum. So what you're out to remove her before she gets people to remove you?

Don't assume just because I am new to Mafia I don't understand how the pointing fingers game works.
well yeah, that's how mafia works

it's not inherently scummy to play the game

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

well yeah, that's how mafia works

it's not inherently scummy to play the game

Well for the sake of lynching someone and getting some information I will ##vote Dead Cow. Sorry.

I am pretty sure she will come up Townie though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey did we just no-lynch? good job guys

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

hey did we just no-lynch? good job guys

Still got 2mins on my clock?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I have a feeling that Ecco is waiting to see if that last vote comes in for DC considering it is really just you and me posting at the moment Bow

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Nope you guys failed. It's ok, you gave it the college try.

The following players are getting prodded (if you are really high on this list don't worry your little heads you're probably going to be ok, if you are low on this list [cough quandary cough cough qpq] you should consider buckling down asap!!):

- Meinberg
- WHICH WAY MADNESS
- Kleedrac
- Shanakin
- QuoProQuid
- Quandary

NIGHT ACTIONS!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Poque is replaced by Asiina

Everyone say hi!

OH WAIT YOU CAN'T IT'S STILL NIGHT SUBMIT YOUR ACTIONS :dance:

UPDATE: dead cow and asiina have very similar usernames.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 22, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The children awoke to find that their smartest kid was murdered during the night. He was the son of wealthy Arrentish merchants before he was abandoned on the streets to live a life of poverty and woe. He once dined on supple pork from the Livireen and drank wine from the rocky hills of Bishadh; now he is a corpse, and soon he will be dirt and dust. The urchins dragged his body to the shore and tossed him into the sea. Hopefully a passing fisherwoman takes pity on him and gives him a proper funeral.

:s: Kleedrac, Iunius Argos, Smart Kid (town-aligned doctor), was stabbed to death night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2
:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Tuesday, May 26th, ~11PM EDT. I know this is a holiday weekend so I'm going to be pretty lax with sporadic posting but I expect Tuesday to be :justpost:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (12): Asiina, bowmore, Dead Cow, DGK2000, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Gridlocked, Meinberg, Quandary, QuoProQuid, Shanakin, WHICH WAY MADNESS

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 26th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 20 hours.

• Locked thread