Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
You get a parachute free when you enter any air vehicle so try the helipads south of Vespucci beach once you've picked out a tasteful outfit. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

OK found a fast way to level strength solo in GTA Online. I am on PC.

Confirming that this absolutely works. Spent 20 minutes punching mans and went from 50% strength to ~80% strength. Gonna probably max out with one more round.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Ripper Swarm posted:

A nice polo shirt and some khakis?

Too expensive.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Here is a thing that is really not fun at all:

Playing the Station side of Prison Break and the idiots on the car retrieval, which should be loving easy...

keep.loving.dying.

Goddammit I kill a bunch of cops, lose my wanted level, get into a police station, and then fail because some dipshit did I don't even know what. Again.

The last straw was when they both committed suicide.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Keshik posted:

Here is a thing that is really not fun at all:

Playing the Station side of Prison Break and the idiots on the car retrieval, which should be loving easy...

keep.loving.dying.

Goddammit I kill a bunch of cops, lose my wanted level, get into a police station, and then fail because some dipshit did I don't even know what. Again.

The last straw was when they both committed suicide.

The station side is actually much easier for me than the car retrieval. I don't know if they ever fixed the bug but pubbies and easily screw things up by attracting the cops.

Also, decided to take a trip down the west coast with my kraken in order to lose a bounty. That was a surreal experience especially when it turned dark. Downright freaky at times.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sticky bombs on a passive motorcycle are my new favorite thing. We had to have killed this one guy 20 times at least. The people we killed were chasing down me on the motorcycle instead of my buddy who was detonating the bombs. The best part is the bombs stick inside the body work on the Bati so it's impossible to see until it's exploding.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well I had a nice break from GTA Online. Are there any mods or anything to get the holiday vehicles yet?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

A hacker teleported into my car's passenger seat, kicked me out of my own car, and then drove away with it.

A few moments later, as I was wandering around trying to find a car in order to give chase, he teleported in front of me and shot me with three million dollars.

I feel like this encapsulates the GTA online experience.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the strength rising tip, got from almost no strength to max strength in a jiffy. Sure it still takes the 2000 punches, but it definitely felt easier and faster than anything else I've seen so far.

NO BROS FOR HOES
Apr 19, 2007
The creator mission is the way I pounded out my strength to max. I'm also stupid enough that I grinded out my lung capacity bar to max. :shepicide:

Just 1/4 of a bar left for shooting and I'll be done with every skill!

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Makky posted:

The creator mission is the way I pounded out my strength to max. I'm also stupid enough that I grinded out my lung capacity bar to max. :shepicide:

You can't enter or exit submarines underwater, can you? That would probably make increasing lung capacity almost fun.

Also, near-unrelatedly, does golf still increase your strength somewhat? I'm past the 80 mark, but I can't be bothered to punch any more random NPCs. Rather play 30 rounds of golf.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Makky posted:

Just 1/4 of a bar left for shooting and I'll be done with every skill!

How the hell did you manage to not max shooting first? :psyduck:

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Great Beer posted:

Sticky bombs on a passive motorcycle are my new favorite thing. We had to have killed this one guy 20 times at least. The people we killed were chasing down me on the motorcycle instead of my buddy who was detonating the bombs. The best part is the bombs stick inside the body work on the Bati so it's impossible to see until it's exploding.

I've used my Faggio a few times for passive stickybombing. It's hard to see the bombs if you put them on the floorboard or behind the legshield. And if you drive a Faggio and wear clown facepaint, I guess some people think that you're not the murdering sort. Plus, the Faggio is very easy to drive into shops and other establishments. I did a clown suicide attack on the strip club a few days ago and blew up some dudes hanging out there. I also put a proximity mine on their car that was parked outside. That was a good day to be a clown.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Bobfly posted:

You can't enter or exit submarines underwater, can you? That would probably make increasing lung capacity almost fun.

Also, near-unrelatedly, does golf still increase your strength somewhat? I'm past the 80 mark, but I can't be bothered to punch any more random NPCs. Rather play 30 rounds of golf.

Pretty sure you can at least get out of a submarine underwater, not sure about getting back in. I remember drowning after getting out of the sub to get a closer look at the north coast UFO.
The easiest way to grind lung capacity seems to be the stay under water and snack to keep your health up method. Though supposedly the diving thing works too.

Golf does improve your strength, about 20% of a (little) bar per full round is where I clocked it. I heard the single hole trick no longer works.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hobnob posted:

The easiest way to grind lung capacity seems to be the stay under water and snack to keep your health up method. Though supposedly the diving thing works too.

They've probably changed / patched it since I maxed out my lung capacity in the month-or-so following launch, but how much time you spent underwater used to mean a lot less than how many times you went underwater. I went from about 5% lung capacity to max in about 40 minutes by just going under and immediately surfacing.

NO BROS FOR HOES
Apr 19, 2007

Bobfly posted:

I am not sure on this one. I did mine by diving off a dock, staying underwater until the bar ran out, then surfaced. Climb back up and dive off, rinse repeat.

Mondian posted:

How the hell did you manage to not max shooting first? :psyduck:

I wish I knew. I focused on driving and flying, but I've been shooting like there's no tomorrow and it's sooooo slow. Also my driving and flying skills randomly jumped up to 100 from 70/80 when I logged in one day, so there's that.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Maxed strength, stealth and lung capacity so I now have max stats. Maxed lung capacity by swimming/diving around the middle-southern pier island area (two times to go from 20 -> 100). 'Twas dull but that's a suitable job for a dull man.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SERPUS posted:

What's the best way to go casual sky diving?

PC? Play with a bunch of Goons. We can load a bus with goons, and cargobob it to max altitude for skydiving shenanigans.

Or just add me (AngryGreek). I'm always flying around so happy to do pickups so you can repeatedly jump to wherever.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Brosnan posted:

Welp this just gives me the eye-in-the-sky hang, so I guess I won't be doing that..

Open it from single player.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Will try that, thanks. It was still happening from an invite-only session, at least.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I can't decide which pistol is the best. It's an obvious choice to the min-maxer who would pick the AP pistol but this isn't the case.

I'm trying to decide which of the semi-automatic pistols are the best. It seems to have boiled down to the Desert Eagle and the Heavy Pistol (the heavily modified 1911) as far as range and damage go. The thing is the Deagle has a slightly higher damage but the 1911 has a much higher fire rate, but only on foot.

In essence I'm trying to figure out what other people think and use when they feel like rocking a pistol just cause.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Does the flare gun count? Setting people on fire with it is hilarious. :flame:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 21, 2015

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Starhawk64 posted:

Does the flare gun count? Setting people on fire with it is hilarious. :flame:

The flare gun is loving hilarious. it's the only gun I like to use when I go pubby hunting. More or less because it's hilarious to both parties, I get way less of a rage reaction and my KDR goes up, win win. Everyone knows flame weapons would be awesome but would ruin the frame rate and crash servers easy. So they hid molotovs around the map and gave us the flaregun.

In all seriousness I'm talking you're level 150+ so any gun you use would be effective and you feel like using one of the various magazine fed pistols that aren't automatic. Almost sort of a roleplay kind of thing. I dunno why I feel like the game is more natural when I only use pistols, shotguns, explosives and sometimes SMGs. And the flaregun of course.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 21, 2015

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I'd say it boils down to looks for your pistol of choice. I'm pretty sure they're all equally effective if you've got good aim. If you don't, then rate of fire is more important than damage.

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
I don't understand why anyone would use anything but the AP pistol. If your aim is good, you'll land multiple shots and have a guaranteed kill. I guess if ePenis is your goal, use the default pistol and only that?

Edit: seriously if you don't care about effectiveness, why not use the most basic pistol?

epsilon-6 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 21, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Does the minigun ignore kurama's armored windows?

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002

Xenaero posted:

Does the minigun ignore kurama's armored windows?

The minigun can blow the doors off an armored kuruma.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I got one shotted in my kuruma the other night and I'm trying to figure out how. I was flat facing the guy, couldn't tell what weapon, and I was backing up away from him. I may have been hitting X to duck, but I can't remember.

And dead

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can't get that Creator strength trick to work. I've just spent half an hour beating the poo poo outta clowns to no effect. :sigh:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So I just learned that there are buses and jets that can hold up to 16 people. What is the most effective way to utilize this information? I was disappointed that there were no boats of this nature. Did I overlook something?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

No boats with a higher seated capacity of 4, though more can stand on one.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So I just learned that there are buses and jets that can hold up to 16 people. What is the most effective way to utilize this information?

Offer guided tours of Los Santos that ends in fiery explosive death.

MadJackMcJack fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 22, 2015

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
A goon rendition of "Alive"?

eli4672
Apr 12, 2010
I can bear the pubbies no longer - I'm off to join you wonderful people (on PC). LLJK is full - what's the overflow crew? I saw it mentioned here earlier, but scrolling back I can't find it right now.

eli4672 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 22, 2015

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

eli4672 posted:

I can bear the pubbies no longer - I'm off to join you wonderful people (on PC). LLJK is full - what's the overflow crew? I saw it mentioned here earlier, but scrolling back I can't find it right now.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

eli4672
Apr 12, 2010

Thanks, man! I look forward to playing with people who can drive a car and/or fire a gun.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

i hate you all

Hey Mr Dread, have you done this yet (all heists, same crew, in order)? If not, I'm down to setup a time over the holiday weekend. Can probably drag a couple of my usual rascally pals along if needed.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

frenton posted:

Hey Mr Dread, have you done this yet (all heists, same crew, in order)? If not, I'm down to setup a time over the holiday weekend. Can probably drag a couple of my usual rascally pals along if needed.

I have not and I am interested. I haven't seen you for a while, are you on PS4?

E: The last time I tried to set one up we were also doing hard difficulty and forced 1st-person.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

I have not and I am interested. I haven't seen you for a while, are you on PS4?

E: The last time I tried to set one up we were also doing hard difficulty and forced 1st-person.

Yeah, just been caught up with other games and finally finished story mode on PS4. I'm mostly free all weekend so I'll get at you on PS4 tomorrow and make plans :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

I MET MY FIRST HACKER TODAY

• Locked thread