Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Give up your casework scum lurker. If you'd actually been paying attention, you'd realize, I realized I was a huge rear end last page or so and have since then sunk into a pit of shame.

##vote Epsilon

what the gently caress is this

among many other things there are so many other goddamn people you could call out for lurking, i even gave you a handy list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

like, e+ is probably the most deceptive postcount in that list

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

sure, but why is that worth considering now?

Big Nothing posted:

Ah yes, of course.

Automatically assuming godfather isn't a healthy.

these make sense

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm comfortably in the middle, screw you.

wall monitor posted:

Yeah I suppose I should post more.

Mithross posted:

Hey! I'm not a shithead. That other thing is probably true.

bowmore posted:

uggghhhhh

:justpost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Quid if I make you mad by calling you a big whiny fart will you come post?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I feel that people think adding gently caress to their statements makes them more edgy, authoritative or believable, but it's like reading and hearing the equivalent of a bunch of farts.

I also don't care at all about your list or your thoughts about who I should call out.

I think E+ is scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

First off, I want to say WWM's comment about hearing the avatar makes sense in connection with Reservoir Dogs so the joke votes placed on them afterwards are extra silly, but it's important because actual heat was built off of those votes.

Gulag starts the voting on pg. 3. Capps is second on that vote, and Wall Monitor is third, with an argument that the initials of the players is confusing and that WWM's lack of knowledge about the game warrants a vote.

- Highlander Case called out -

Captain Foo does place a decent vote on WWM after WWM votes E+. Captain Foo takes WWM's comment as panicky, but what's interesting is this:

Why is Wall Monitor going after Captain Foo, when Captain Foo is going after WWM? I mean looking back at it you could buy that WM is confused, but Foo's vote on WWM is described, so that wouldn't make sense for them to be confused about it.

In fact their interaction, feels somewhat staged given that it's dropped almost immediately between them.

Also going back to the case on when I made my vote...

It's SUPER weak. I was the vote that put him at -1, and it was Pig who got the last vote in 1 minute later.

That was about 11 minutes til deadline. Did you expect me to hold out until the last second? I feel like this is a bad case, and an outright manipulative one considering my stance on what I want accomplished by town, and everyone else's stance against it.

##vote Captain Foo

I don't like what I've seen from WM and that whole interaction between them and Foo seems super suspect to me, especially with how I feel about Foo.

BUT...

The reason was to avoid no-lynch correct? Even so, you placed your vote on Mithross when everyone else abandoned it, and you saw what the votes looked like before deadline... Your reasoning is:

Call's me out on a lack of substance behind my self-defense, but because E+ is in a position to ride the momentum I'm gaining, they do and with lacking arguments.

Double standards, and bad opportunistic votes, not to mention your buddying with Captain Foo who I also don't trust.

Captain Foo > E+ > WM

If the game truly did start around when WM/WWM votes were being made OR even when I started questioning Foo, then the interactions in that block of time leading up to the deadline between these three seems super off to me.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Give up your casework scum lurker. If you'd actually been paying attention, you'd realize, I realized I was a huge rear end last page or so and have since then sunk into a pit of shame.

##vote Epsilon

lol at your case having been dismantled by multiple people and you not being able to deal with it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

lol at your case having been dismantled by multiple people and you not being able to deal with it

I still think you and E+ are probably scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I dont understand the Just post thing, Im voting who I think is scum, for reasons I stated, what more is there to say?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

##vote Epsilon

Oh my god you're completely incoherent. Your pit could use improvement - there's still a few feet of dirt before rock bottom.

Look at GG's posts and tell me they're useful to town. Like, I don't think they're inherently scummy (I find very few things to be so) but I really don't see a lot of genuine towniness in them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
would also vote GG

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CapitalistPig posted:

I dont understand the Just post thing, Im voting who I think is scum, for reasons I stated, what more is there to say?

if more people post your opinions may change or things may warrant discussion!

i'm mostly annoyed at people that are neither posting nor voting but quickchecking postcount < modposts was easy shorthand

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Captain Foo posted:

if more people post your opinions may change or things may warrant discussion!

i'm mostly annoyed at people that are neither posting nor voting but quickchecking postcount < modposts was easy shorthand

Im AM reading the thread, I'll let you know if anything changes :wink:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Prefacing this by dropping my current cases and stating that I've been an idiot all my life, UP TO THIS POINT.

Taking the joke vote seriously.

Somberbrero posted:

yeah the earlier Ghostly post was on point.

##vote wall monitor

Defending WWM and Foo.

Somberbrero posted:

I don't want to vote Foo. It's weird to me that anyone has any interest in voting Foo.

WWM did seem antsy but I think that's a normal reaction to a lot of pressure with no reasoning behind it.

This post defends WWM and attacks Mithross.

Somberbrero posted:

Real bad post/vote. He's ignoring valid content because Hal is backing it, in favor of a bandwagon vote with a lot of momentum. The question at the end of his post seems too self-conscious.

Reluctant vote on WWM after Gulag's pile on remark.

Somberbrero posted:

Gulag is right.

I would vote GG if it were possible today. It is not. ##vote which way madness Sorry lovely Wok.

Why would WWM reveal somber? The only two conclusions I can arrive at are that WWM was trying to buy somb credibility, or he was looking for a 3P like an SK or something of the sort.

Dugong posted:

WHICH WAY MADNESS has chosen to reveal Somberbrero.

Somberbrero is Town Aligned and is wearing no mask!

Night actions in 24 hours please! Thank you!

Afterwards, Somber is panicky when questioned by Foo about his interpretation of the Highlander Vote. Just go look at his post history.

##vote Somberbrero

Reading this, I think E+ maybe onto something in spite of my past stance.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also, just a brief point: it is possible but unlikely that Somber could be a scum godfather? We've had non-vanilla town and although I don't know enough about Hotline Miami's characters to really guess what the flavor would be, it's not mechanically impossible. I consider Somber town enough based on his content so far, but I just wanted to throw this out before we all get too far into talking confirmed town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thank you very much for continuing to try, but that's immediately apparent bullshit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

Thank you very much for continuing to try, but that's immediately apparent bullshit.

Is it? I mean you did defend WWM, and then he clears you to town? What incentive is there? The third option would be trying to isolate a single mislynch but that seems like a bad strategy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Is it? I mean you did defend WWM, and then he clears you to town? What incentive is there? The third option would be trying to isolate a single mislynch but that seems like a bad strategy.

I think it comes off as innocuous since it happened D1, but the whole interaction is shady.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Or, and just bear with me here, is the wine in front of you?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

Or, and just bear with me here, is the wine in front of you?

It's not impossible :)

I mean I did think the scum flip was a town flip for an embarrassingly long time and made a lot of dumb arguments because of it, but this feels right. I mean it could always be WRONG, but it feels RIGHT.

##vote Somberbrero

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the reason why lovely wok would use such a piss-useless power is because he had it anyway and hey maybe someone will wifom somber to death.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

the reason why lovely wok would use such a piss-useless power is because he had it anyway and hey maybe someone will wifom somber to death.

piss-useless??? tsk. Also it would take a consensus for you to be killed, I've already been made out to look like a complete nutter. So why are you even sweating it? I'm more concerned about your posts, not just the fact that a flipped scum revealed you as town.

The way you go after mithross, the way you take that highlander vote, your apparent squirming when questioned by Foo, your immediate reaction to my current case. It's real defensive, and again, you did spend a lot of time defending the only person who flipped scum.

I'm just trying to interpret what's there, WIFOM or no WIFOM.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

piss-useless??? tsk. Also it would take a consensus for you to be killed, I've already been made out to look like a complete nutter. So why are you even sweating it? I'm more concerned about your posts, not just the fact that a flipped scum revealed you as town.

The way you go after mithross, the way you take that highlander vote, your apparent squirming when questioned by Foo, your immediate reaction to my current case. It's real defensive, and again, you did spend a lot of time defending the only person who flipped scum.

I'm just trying to interpret what's there, WIFOM or no WIFOM.

actually you raise a good point, why am I bothering to respond to you?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

actually you raise a good point, why am I bothering to respond to you?

:downsgun:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Seriously though, where is anyone else?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm here, my week has been stupid busy. Last time I asked for a recap nobody told me anything, please catch me up!

I'm gonna catch some people in some lies, let's do this~

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

CapitalistPig (2): Slamburger, Big Nothing
Big Nothing (2): mr.capps, CapitalistPig
Ghostly Gangsta (2): Captain Foo, mr.capps, CapitalistPig, mr.capps, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig
Somberbrero (1): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
wall monitor (0): Big Nothing, Big Nothing
Captain Foo (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
Epsilon Plus (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (5): bowmore, Epsilon Plus, Mithross, Quidnose, wall monitor

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 22nd, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. BST -- that's in about 10 hours, 17 minutes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I want to vote Slamburger, Big Nothing or Ghostly Gangsta. Really having difficulty deciding if GG is scum, has poor reading comprehension, or is just really frustrated.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why the gently caress is Ghostly Gangsta voting for somber?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidnose posted:

Last time I asked for a recap nobody told me anything, please catch me up!

there's only a few pages of actual game content, :cmon:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

bowmore posted:

why the gently caress is Ghostly Gangsta voting for somber?

I made a case about it. I mean that's why the gently caress I did it lol.

I'm probably just stupid, to whoever was wondering, but gently caress it. I already shoved my whole foot in my mouth, what have I got to lose?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I recently found out that Somber was confirmed town

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I made a case about it. I mean that's why the gently caress I did it lol.

I'm probably just stupid, to whoever was wondering, but gently caress it. I already shoved my whole foot in my mouth, what have I got to lose?

Read as: Well, I'm going to get lunched, might as well try to take down a confirmed town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

Read as: Well, I'm going to get lunched, might as well try to take down a confirmed town.

Wouldn't any alignment investigation made against a godfather, even a public one, still flip is as Town Aligned?

I mean E+ proposed it. You questioned it. He didn't respond to your question about it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LURKING CURES MAFIA

post you fuckers

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I didn't respond to his questiom about it because the chances of it actually happening are minimal. I kind of like discussing stupid edge cases in Mafia.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hey Somber is there a reason why I wasn't able to give you a mask last night

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The deadline is in 2 hours?? Why do they keep falling in the middle of my work day -_____

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidnose posted:

The deadline is in 2 hours?? Why do they keep falling in the middle of my work day -_____

probably because the mod is a brit

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would say this is a hard mafia game for me to post in but that is because I planned on posting today and that is purely a self imposed deadline :v:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidnose posted:

Hey Somber is there a reason why I wasn't able to give you a mask last night

Yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind