Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

frenton posted:

Hey Mr Dread, have you done this yet (all heists, same crew, in order)? If not, I'm down to setup a time over the holiday weekend. Can probably drag a couple of my usual rascally pals along if needed.

I am also interested but my weekend is not entirely free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I too remain interested, and have been for many weeks now.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I know people despise the Armored Kuruma, but after seeing Mad Max: Fury Road, I really wish they'd add more awesome armored up cars to Online. I'd love to roll around in an armor plated muscle car on offroad tires :allears:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

T1g4h posted:

I know people despise the Armored Kuruma, but after seeing Mad Max: Fury Road, I really wish they'd add more awesome armored up cars to Online. I'd love to roll around in an armor plated muscle car on offroad tires :allears:

Duke O Death to online mode would be crazy.

I mean, sure it's rough to fight against, but when you overcome that challenge you're like gently caress yes I rock

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

That's what i'm saying. as long as you're introducing armored cars, give everybody armor piercing ammo, and the option to armor up everything but the supercars.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

That's what i'm saying. as long as you're introducing armored cars, give everybody armor piercing ammo, and the option to armor up everything but the supercars.

And add more ridiculous exhaust and bumpers. And let us tweak wheel size / width. Basically I want armor plating, skulls, and zoomie pipes on every muscle car I own :v:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

T1g4h posted:

And add more ridiculous exhaust and bumpers. And let us tweak wheel size / width. Basically I want armor plating, skulls, and zoomie pipes on every muscle car I own :v:

This 100 times

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think the vehicle armor should be mostly cosmetic. I don't think you should be able to "level up" your armor, especially when those level ups are gated by what level you are. Unless those armor upgrades were represented by physical armor that could be shot off of the car to reveal weak spots or something. It sucks being low level vs people with max armor when you dont even have the option to save up. These people never get to the point where they can reliably take down an Armored Kuruma because they are too frustrated by that point.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I think the vehicle armor should be mostly cosmetic. I don't think you should be able to "level up" your armor, especially when those level ups are gated by what level you are. Unless those armor upgrades were represented by physical armor that could be shot off of the car to reveal weak spots or something. It sucks being low level vs people with max armor when you dont even have the option to save up. These people never get to the point where they can reliably take down an Armored Kuruma because they are too frustrated by that point.

Are you not aware that vehicle armor doesn't apply to the windows?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I meant the blowing up of the cars. You can level up the armor in the shop, which presumably would allow your engine to take more sustained fire. It's also lame in PvE because I know that if I get a teammate with an Armored Kuruma he is going to never ever leave it, he will stumble around like an idiot but still eventually manage to win because he is invincible. Meanwhile I'm out there takin risks pullin off some awesome action movie poo poo even if I do end up dying. If the objective forces him to leave his car, he will be immediately killed by the first enemy he encounters. Compared to previous games, cars are already fairly difficult to blow up with just regular firearms, unless maybe if you happen to know where the fuel tank is on each vehicle. Could that be a thing?

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 22, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

I meant the blowing up of the cars. You can level up the armor in the shop, which presumably would allow your engine to take more sustained fire.

It doesn't.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Hell, add the ability to pimp out big rigs.

Have war-rigs and cobbled together armored vehicles in a fight racing around the freeway as a deathmatch type gamemode

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
The weak point for all the regular coupe/sedan/pickup vehicles seems to be the driver's side rear quarter panel. Car blows up in like 3-6 bullets.

Haven't figured out the semi trucks or the vans.

I don't even know what the vehicle armor does. Vehicle armor or not you can shoot a regular car in a non-vulnerable place literally hundreds of times to no apparent effect.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

kaxman posted:

The weak point for all the regular coupe/sedan/pickup vehicles seems to be the driver's side rear quarter panel. Car blows up in like 3-6 bullets.

Haven't figured out the semi trucks or the vans.

I don't even know what the vehicle armor does. Vehicle armor or not you can shoot a regular car in a non-vulnerable place literally hundreds of times to no apparent effect.

The weak spot for all vehicles is the fuel tank.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

kaxman posted:

Mostly it reduces hoe often you'll get hit through the door/roof/whatever from people shooting at you from outside.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Yeah so why is shooting from the drivers side so much more effective than the passenger side?

e: ^^ upgrading the armor doesn't have any visual effect though?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Grand Theft Apocalypse :black101:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

kaxman posted:

Yeah so why is shooting from the drivers side so much more effective than the passenger side?

e: ^^ upgrading the armor doesn't have any visual effect though?

Because you're closer to the dude you're shooting? :confused:

Yes and?

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

Because you're closer to the dude you're shooting? :confused:

Yes and?

Effective wrt to exploding the car by shooting the gas tank, not the driver.

How is an armor upgrade that makes no visual difference going to deflect bullets?

e: you are saying that the armor upgrades reduce bullet penetration through metal parts of the car? Never even considered such a thing, I suppose it could be.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

kaxman posted:

Effective wrt to exploding the car by shooting the gas tank, not the driver.

How is an armor upgrade that makes no visual difference going to deflect bullets?

e: you are saying that the armor upgrades reduce bullet penetration through metal parts of the car? Never even considered such a thing, I suppose it could be.

The gas tank is modeled as being located on the driver's side of almost all the cars for some reason.

Because you're playing a video game? Yes that's how it works, it invisibly makes the metalwork protect the passengers/driver more from things that ain't going through the glass. Some people say buying the armor upgrades also make your car less vulnerable to exploding if you drop off cliffs or whatever but I doubt that.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
It would be neat if you could join a server with like leveled people. You could have similar expectations as far as vehicle interactions.

Though, really, most 100+ don't actively hunt low levels often. They seem to react to the fly annoying their daily schedule.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

hagie posted:

It would be neat if you could join a server with like leveled people. You could have similar expectations as far as vehicle interactions.

Though, really, most 100+ don't actively hunt low levels often. They seem to react to the fly annoying their daily schedule.

Or at the least, a variety of themed lobbies, like a chill lobby that brings up a quick vote to kick automatically if somebody is being super agressive, and you can just hit whatever on the d-pad for yes and no.

I just ran through the pacific standard heist with a bunch of brits going for the 10:15 elite challenge, and with a few fuckups, got 12:27 on the first attempt. That was my first time going through without anybody dying, although getting onto the dinghy i was down to a sliver of life. only made $991k though.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

One of my daily objectives today was to collect a bounty and so I found the lowest leveled, most innocent guy I could and drove up to him, put a bounty on him and began to mercilessly chase him down. All he had a modded Elegy, the poor little guy didn't stand a chance - he was only level 46 which made it about 120 levels difference between us.

I do enjoy hunting down lower level players if I'm in the mood for it, even more so if a daily objective tells me to. I wish I could get the "kill 20 players" objective everyday.

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
Ok, I have a serious question. I'm saving up for a big, fuckoff attack vehicle, but I don't know if I should get the Buzzard, Savage, or Rhino Tank.

I'm rank 89, and already have an insurgent, kuruma and technical. At this point in the game I just kind of want to grind up to the minigun, and I don't know which would be more practical.

The buzzard is more maneuverable, the savage has better weapons, and the rhino is well, a loving tank.

:confused:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

epsilon-6 posted:

Ok, I have a serious question. I'm saving up for a big, fuckoff attack vehicle, but I don't know if I should get the Buzzard, Savage, or Rhino Tank.

I'm rank 89, and already have an insurgent, kuruma and technical. At this point in the game I just kind of want to grind up to the minigun, and I don't know which would be more practical.

The buzzard is more maneuverable, the savage has better weapons, and the rhino is well, a loving tank.

Why does nobody ever think of the poor, neglected Hydra? It's so fun and it has rapid firing explosive cannon rounds, plus it's a hybrid of jet and heli :(

Buzzards are good though, I think they're still the recommended choice.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

epsilon-6 posted:

It depends what you want to do. If you want to do missions then a Buzzard is the best bet, but if you want to kill players I'd say a Rhino - but with that being said it goes down in 3-4 sticky bombs or couple of well aimed RPG shots. The savage is cool and all but I feel as if it's overpriced for what it is, I don't own one but I've used one courtesy of crew members and a nice pubbie and I wasn't really feeling it. It's still pretty good for killing players but you'll get shot down fairly quickly if any of them bring out a homing launcher.

e: I like the Hydra too, but I like the Lazer more. The Hydra is really fun to shoot down with a tank though because it's so massive which makes it an easy target.

Related: I once heard someone say "I bought a shark card for this?!" after somebody shot down their Hydra.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 22, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

One of my daily objectives today was to collect a bounty and so I found the lowest leveled, most innocent guy I could and drove up to him, put a bounty on him and began to mercilessly chase him down. All he had a modded Elegy, the poor little guy didn't stand a chance - he was only level 46 which made it about 120 levels difference between us.

I do enjoy hunting down lower level players if I'm in the mood for it, even more so if a daily objective tells me to. I wish I could get the "kill 20 players" objective everyday.

I usually toy with them or try to deliver them fun toys, but once they show agression towards me i crush them like the miserable little ants they are.

epsilon-6 posted:

The savage kinda sucks. you can only shoot forward, can't lock on to anybody, and it doesn't have the power to pull out of a dive. it also can't avoid missiles. it's good for grinding missions, but other than that it sucks. your best bet is either the hydra or valkyrie. depending on whether you're normally solo or with friends.

Giovanni0109
Apr 28, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Looking for some help to go after the Pacific Standard heist (setup and finale) tonight at 8pm EST. I'm on PC. Rockstar account name is same as my SA name.

You can sign up here: http://soulglo.com/goonheists/view-heist.php?guid=BCE6C6B2-7B15-43A1-A2F2-73E510364EFB (user:lljk, pass:fallinintheblak).

Edit: I'm also on Mumble, so you can find me there if interested.

Giovanni0109 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 23, 2015

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002

T1g4h posted:

Why does nobody ever think of the poor, neglected Hydra? It's so fun and it has rapid firing explosive cannon rounds, plus it's a hybrid of jet and heli :(

Buzzards are good though, I think they're still the recommended choice.

God drat. I've got like 1.4m. Getting the hydra would be amazing, but holy poo poo it could take forever to get the other half of that cash.

Alright, I'm going for either the hydra or the buzzard. Maybe use the buzzard to grind the 3m for the hydra.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

hagie posted:

I don't single out low levels, but I hunt down pretty much any pubbies in radius. I tend to not repeatedly grief them unless they try the same with me. 1-2 kills and I'll move on to the next, but if they try to Karuma me repeatedly, it's on like Donkey Kong.

My personal special fairy princess opinion is that there should be lobbies and restrictions on camera modes. I like to play first person only, but I feel it leaves me vulnerable as some mechanics just work better in third person. You have a wider area to shoot at out of vehicles, you can easily see around corners. Side bonus: Little/ineffective usage of the Karuma as an offensive weapon with first person restricted. You can't see poo poo!

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Have you got any videos/streams/LPs of your sessions? I'm writing a series of articles on griefing, and I'd love to see a good example of GTA spawn-raping.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I'm glad we stopped on Mad Max chat for a short bit. Just saw it the other night and I really want them to just do a DLC straight for Mad Max with new outfits and vehicles and stuff.

Without it, this game is now very :mediocre:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Thump! posted:

I'm glad we stopped on Mad Max chat for a short bit. Just saw it the other night and I really want them to just do a DLC straight for Mad Max with new outfits and vehicles and stuff.

Without it, this game is now very :mediocre:

Tried to have my woman character cosplay as Furiosa, but it just isn't the same without the grease war paint covering the top half of the head. :(

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

So, I just logged in and got a couple of billion million on me, which some of it was lifted off me when they killed me. I tried showing my displeasure by shooting them ( and failing because they had a god mod on ) and running away, one time over a cliff. Should I just buy a bunch of things so I at least get something cool for getting banned later, or what.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Twincityhacker posted:

So, I just logged in and got a couple of billion million on me, which some of it was lifted off me when they killed me. I tried showing my displeasure by shooting them ( and failing because they had a god mod on ) and running away, one time over a cliff. Should I just buy a bunch of things so I at least get something cool for getting banned later, or what.

From what I'm told, you can dispute it if you get banned and R* will check if you were actually hacking. They'll unban if someone just shot money at you.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Definitely just shut up and go on a spending spree. Since hackers can spawn cash on your head, Rockstar might jack the cash from your account but they really can't punish you more than that because they'd be enabling a really major form of griefing. If you spend it they really have no way of distinguishing what you would have spent legit money on or not, so the safe thing for them to do is leave it all alone.

So go nuts, buy every Pegasus vehicle, mod everything the way you want, buy whatever else you can think of. It makes the game a lot more fun when it's not an annoying grind and you're free to do fun poo poo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Twincityhacker posted:

I was banned a couple weeks back for hacking and only lost the cash and kept everything I bought. I also poured a couple million on my friends, though none of them had their money reset or had any sort of punishment. Blowing your load and just buying pretty much everything available is probably the safest course of action.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

Or at the least, a variety of themed lobbies, like a chill lobby that brings up a quick vote to kick automatically if somebody is being super agressive, and you can just hit whatever on the d-pad for yes and no.

I just ran through the pacific standard heist with a bunch of brits going for the 10:15 elite challenge, and with a few fuckups, got 12:27 on the first attempt. That was my first time going through without anybody dying, although getting onto the dinghy i was down to a sliver of life. only made $991k though.

I'm not the fastest but I escape with the full $1.25m every time.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

I meant the blowing up of the cars. You can level up the armor in the shop, which presumably would allow your engine to take more sustained fire. It's also lame in PvE because I know that if I get a teammate with an Armored Kuruma he is going to never ever leave it, he will stumble around like an idiot but still eventually manage to win because he is invincible. Meanwhile I'm out there takin risks pullin off some awesome action movie poo poo even if I do end up dying. If the objective forces him to leave his car, he will be immediately killed by the first enemy he encounters. Compared to previous games, cars are already fairly difficult to blow up with just regular firearms, unless maybe if you happen to know where the fuel tank is on each vehicle. Could that be a thing?

I'd rather have a bumbling idiot in a kuruma who is able to live until the end of missions than some high level fuckhead who tries to do action movie poo poo and dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Powershift posted:

The savage kinda sucks. you can only shoot forward, can't lock on to anybody, and it doesn't have the power to pull out of a dive. it also can't avoid missiles. it's good for grinding missions, but other than that it sucks. your best bet is either the hydra or valkyrie. depending on whether you're normally solo or with friends.

What do you mean it can't lock on to anyone?

• Locked thread