Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

No, they are immune to watchers and trackers. On n2 you did neither, and on n4 you say the godfather did the nightkill.

1) i don't want to go down the well of role spec to obfuscate here. I've already said no one role description fits the remaining scum

2) that's a narrow definition in a game where I can get copies of people's pms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Huh. My mistake there.

Today: Amni, Runa, Viva, TT, Met, KB, Morn
Tomorrow: Runa, Viva, TT, Met, KB
Totomorrow: Viva, Runa, KB

That's not bad.

Exactly. :)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

1) i don't want to go down the well of role spec to obfuscate here. I've already said no one role description fits the remaining scum

2) that's a narrow definition in a game where I can get copies of people's pms

I am not asking you why I'm not cleared, I am asking Met, who has made it perfectly clear that he DOES want to go down the well of role speculation.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Like, if Met wants to be considered cleared because "Asiina wouldn't make a game with no town protective role because it would be unfair" while voting me on the suspicion that I'm a ninja who's immune to Taste's eavesdropper role (but doesn't know about it) but still allowed the godfather to make the kill on night four for ~reasons~, I would like that on record.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Like, if Met wants to be considered cleared because "Asiina wouldn't make a game with no town protective role because it would be unfair" while voting me on the suspicion that I'm a ninja who's immune to Taste's eavesdropper role (but doesn't know about it) but still allowed the godfather to make the kill on night four for ~reasons~, I would like that on record.

fair, it's why i'm trying not to pin down roles or really clear anyone short of amni

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

If there's 2 scum and one is among Viva/Amni/Runa then it won't work. But that's the same problem you had with my plan.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

but then I don't consider met cleared either

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I'm fine with getting dunked but I want to make drat sure that me being town makes Met and Tremendous Taste look extraordinarily bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if you get lynched it's because you made it possible, not a scum twirling his/her moustache

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
It would also be pretty cool if Runaktla could explain why we should consider him more cleared than me.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

if you get lynched it's because you made it possible, not a scum twirling his/her moustache

Interesting how your entire case against me is that I cased a crewman (and didn't even dunk them), but you're pre-emptively setting up a defense for when you lead a dunk on a town that your own role gives evidence for being crew.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

If there's 2 scum and one is among Viva/Amni/Runa then it won't work. But that's the same problem you had with my plan.

Yup, sure. But we've already agreed that if Amni is scum it isn't our fault, so gently caress it. And I've made my peace with Viva/Runa. If they are scum, fair play to them. Viva especially has a lot in her favor making that super unlikely so I'm accepting the cop claims at face value.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If there's two scum, I don't see a way of making a good plan for the town, so I'm going to go with my gut and say there's one scum among TT, KB, and Morn.

I think KB's plan works out. I'll likely be nightkilled at some point. TT will be lynched tomorrow. Worse case KB will be in the final three with some combination of Amni/Runa/Viva and they'll vote out KB.

If you're double-scum with one of those three, KB, well done. You got me.

##vote Mornacle

:redhammer:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Tremendous Taste posted:

you can be a jerk yourself viv

mafia is a game I play to cyberbully not be cyberbullied. 😞

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

A corridor

The members of the Enterprise crew are on the lookout. After yelling and screaming at each other for what felt like days and days and DAYS they finally had decided who the evil one among them was.

The mob searched the Enterprise deck by deck. Several had replicated flaming torches, but the fire supression system kept putting them out, so they just waved their large sticks in the air.

Yet after several hours they could not find their quarry. Eventually the crowd dispersed with a series of grumbles.

Nobody died D7.

It is now N7.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Mornacale (4): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Amnistar, Runaktla, Runaktla, Runaktla, Met, Met, Tremendous Taste, Met
Tremendous Taste (3): Mornacale, Runaktla, Runaktla, Met, Met, King Burgundy, VivaNova
Met (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): Met, Met, Tremendous Taste, Runaktla, Met, Runaktla, Runaktla, Runaktla, Met, Met, Tremendous Taste, Met

Not Voting (0):

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to hang. The current deadline is May 24th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Remember 10 posts per day to avoid modkill!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Ten Forward

Ensign Herbert was pissed. He had just finished a 10 hour shift in the transporter room and had finally gotten to relax in Ten Forward. He'd gotten himself a drink at the bar and had finally worked up the nerve to talk to Lieutenant Giddings. He had been watching her for weeks trying to find the perfect moment, and it was tonight, but then after exchanging only a few words they had been called away for some stupid search party. Why couldn't they just use the computer to look for someone on the ship? Why did he need to spend 4 of his off hours wandering up and down deck 12? On top of that, his uniform had been coated in some sort of foam when some idiot decided to light a torch. Then just as pointlessly as it started, the search was called off. Of course nobody says if they found the person they were looking for. The senior officers could never do anything like tell the other crew members what the hell was going on on this ship! No, that would just be too polite!

Grumbling to himself and not wanting to head back to his quarters yet, Ensign Herbert returns to Ten Forward. Maybe the good Lieutenant went back there too and they could commiserate together.

Yet when he walks through the door he sees nobody else has returned yet. The wait staff isn't even at the bar. Maybe this is his chance to get something a little stronger than synthehol. He steps behind the bar and finds a large green bottle and a glass. He's not sure what it is, but it looks strong. Standing up and putting the glass on the bar he looks around. He can see all of Ten Forward from back here, and he notices in the corner, mostly obscured by the large chairs, the feet of woman in a maroon dress. Rushing around the bar, he finds the woman dead, plates and glasses scattered around her.

VivaNova, Guinan, town-aligned mason recruiter was disruptered N7

It is now D8!!!!!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (6): Amnistar, King Burgundy, Met, Mornacale, Runaktla, Tremendous Taste

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to hang. The current deadline is May 25th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

Remember 10 posts per day to avoid modkill!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Sooooo, Taste hammers King Burgundy today? Cool, glad we had this talk.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
##vote King Burgundy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If at first you don't succeed, ##vote morn again. Yesterday was like governor.avi.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hahahahah oh no you don't fucker

how about you hammer him

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

If at first you don't succeed, ##vote morn again. Yesterday was like governor.avi.

lol voting confirmed town :henget:

Also why aren't you claiming your track? Could it be because you do not have one?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

lol voting confirmed town :henget:

are you literally on drugs

I tracked KB nowhere which means either he is telling the truth or he is not because who knows what scum role is left WOW

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

hahahahah oh no you don't fucker

how about you hammer him

Because I am not scum. Unless you now want to claim there's a deathproof immune-to-eavesdrop ninja who let the godfather do a nightkill.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

are you literally on drugs

I tracked KB nowhere which means either he is telling the truth or he is not because who knows what scum role is left WOW

Why the hell would you not track Met, who is confirmable?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Because I am not scum. Unless you now want to claim there's a deathproof immune-to-eavesdrop ninja who let the godfather do a nightkill.

i am saying that you governed yourself. If you were town you would have not let us lynch you, and if you were deathproof you would not have come to the conclusions you did about hammering KB and refuse to do so. You overplayed your hand.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Why the hell would you not track Met, who is confirmable?

Because knowing if KB moved would out a lie, whereas we've already established that Met probably does have a doc regardless of alignment

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

like, what you did is pretty much the textbook governor play. hint at a protective role without detailing and allow the town to waste a lynch, follow up by claiming it clears you because you were telling the truth all along

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the only thing that could possibly have you town is if run chose to govern you. idk why he would but there we are.

I would like a fullclaim from you

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

i am saying that you governed yourself. If you were town you would have not let us lynch you, and if you were deathproof you would not have come to the conclusions you did about hammering KB and refuse to do so. You overplayed your hand.

I was happy to be brigged because I knew I would not die, and (as I posted yesterday) a no-brig was a reasonable choice, especially one that would confirm me as town. Because, of course, it would set us up in a perfect position to use KB's claim today. Furthermore, I actually did ask Asiina if I would be immune to a hypothetical lynchbomb, and she declined to answer. Consequently, I saw no reason to expose myself to the possibility that me hammering King Burgundy could actually kill me.

You will also note that 1) I revealed myself as Picard d1 without any fear of a nightkill, and 2) I volunteered for the mission d1, since my Plot Armor would presumably protect me from any hazards.

Also, just as a reminder, your claim is now that I am a Scum Governor/Ninja/Immune-To-Eavesdrop, who just nightkilled a player who has been trusting me and supporting my plans since day 2 of the game and would be able to back up the fact that I claimed my role to her literal weeks ago.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

Because knowing if KB moved would out a lie, whereas we've already established that Met probably does have a doc regardless of alignment

What? Are you suggesting that scum Met would be doccing a townie instead of doing the nightkill?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

the only thing that could possibly have you town is if run chose to govern you. idk why he would but there we are.

I would like a fullclaim from you

I bet you would. Gotta know if I can be nightkilled if you survive the day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

What? Are you suggesting that scum Met would be doccing a townie instead of doing the nightkill?

Are the Mafia forced to do the kill instead of their ability?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

I bet you would. Gotta know if I can be nightkilled if you survive the day.

No, I'd like you to full claim too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and then hammer KB. That'll put us back on track for KB's Plan. Otherwise we have an weird number of players.

##vote King Burgundy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

if he can run two actions at once I'd expect so. I may not even be able to detect the kill anyway if chaos is anything to go by

Mornacale posted:

I was happy to be brigged because I knew I would not die, and (as I posted yesterday) a no-brig was a reasonable choice, especially one that would confirm me as town. Because, of course, it would set us up in a perfect position to use KB's claim today. Furthermore, I actually did ask Asiina if I would be immune to a hypothetical lynchbomb, and she declined to answer. Consequently, I saw no reason to expose myself to the possibility that me hammering King Burgundy could actually kill me.

No, see, this is suspect as gently caress and not at all towny. You have actively hurt town by wasting that day and refusing to explain your claims if you knew you could not die. If you were actually deathproof you would hammer kb without question, and I expect you to prove it today.

quote:

You will also note that 1) I revealed myself as Picard d1 without any fear of a nightkill, and 2) I volunteered for the mission d1, since my Plot Armor would presumably protect me from any hazards.

This doesn't mean anything. If anything I'd buy a scum picard as a curveball from asii, wasn't he evil for a while

quote:

Also, just as a reminder, your claim is now that I am a Scum Governor/Ninja/Immune-To-Eavesdrop, who just nightkilled a player who has been trusting me and supporting my plans since day 2 of the game and would be able to back up the fact that I claimed my role to her literal weeks ago.

My claim is that you are a role I do not understand. Whoever is left cannot fit into one scum role, even if you believe it is me. The fact you present a ninja with a one-shot gov as some ridiculous concept in a game with a pretty weak scum set while on the other hand talking about how there ought to be two more scum is just clashing too much to be believable as sincere

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tremendous Taste posted:

No, see, this is suspect as gently caress and not at all towny. You have actively hurt town by wasting that day and refusing to explain your claims if you knew you could not die. If you were actually deathproof you would hammer kb without question, and I expect you to prove it today.

I find this compelling and would happily vote out Morn if he refuses to cooperate.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Incidentally, just to make sure everything's in order:

Amnistar - mod confirmed town

Runaktla - has town result from Birdstrike, which is true because VivaNova flipped town. Therefore, can only be scum if they are a godfather (but one already flipped) or a busdriver (who bussed themselves with town n4). But we also know they were untargetable n5. So they can only be scum if they are a busdriver hider who can hide while making a nightkill. Town.

Me - Deathproof of some sort. Could not be eavesdropped n2. Was tracked nowhere n5. So I can only be scum if I'm unlynchable, untrackable, and unable to be eavesdropped. Unless Tremendous Taste is my scumbud who is making things up to try to clear me, while repeatedly voting for me.

Tremendous Taste - accurately guessed that I received no mod PMs n2; accurately claimed to track me nowhere n5, but could have been assuming a passive role based on said n2 result

Met - could have been cleared via track last night, but Tremendous Taste declined to target him for a reason that doesn't make sense

King Burgundy - Tracked nowhere n7. Can only be scum if he is a ninja, or Tremendous Taste is his scumbud making things up to clear him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
But I'm also convinced the final scum is Morn or Taste. I think we have this.

KB, Amnistar, and Runaktla did not post on the forums since before I hammered. This isn't concrete evidence of their innocence or anything but it does support Morn/TT being final scum.

• Locked thread