Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, the investigation was when he was 17, no incidents after he was caught and sent off. It does kinda make a difference.
what he did was bad, but would be worse if it was habitual and at 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
so it's not habitual...

...that we know of.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Like at this point it's going to become cannon that he was molesting kids at 17 unless Josh himself comes out and is like "no guys. I raped my sisters when I was 15. I stopped once I turned 16. So we good."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

page 15, in which we decide the punishment for the victims

guillotine

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

'Duggar face' will involve them looking increasingly bland with each generation, until...

That's the best case scenario but the reality will probably be more like

Jinjer... Start the reactor...
\

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

That's the best case scenario but the reality will probably be more like

Is that a shot of mom's pussy?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Frackie Robinson posted:

Real talk, I think it would be pretty hard to report your son to the police for molestation, I have no idea what I would do in that situation.

or when the victims are also your children but only females

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Those insane "Christian" corporal punishment techniques someone linked earlier are loving disgusting. It sounds more like what some adult baby fetishist does with a dominatrix, which is probably where it came from.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Those insane "Christian" corporal punishment techniques someone linked earlier are loving disgusting. It sounds more like what some adult baby fetishist does with a dominatrix, which is probably where it came from.

that's how westerners raised their kids until like the 1940s. spare the rod spoil the child.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

blanket training seems like some kind of hosed up Skinner experiment or something

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Blanket training especially sounds like it came out of someone's hosed up fetish. "mommy lets me cum if I stay on the blankie!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SERPUS posted:

Is that a shot of mom's pussy?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

These are the people that don't pay taxes because they're a "Church" not a household right?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

afeelgoodpoop posted:

that's how westerners raised their kids until like the 1940s. spare the rod spoil the child.

lolno

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
obedience to authority being inscribed in kids to the point that teachers used to swack ur hand if you do a problem wrong in class, something my grandpa told me about his piano teaching, never happened systematically across the whole of western society. teachers, you dont have to leave those kids alone, since you never existed!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Anyways the Duggar compound is like a puppy mill for humans

Anonybominous posted:

The ASPCA would probably treat them better.

uh peta gunned hard to put this up on the main drag in Tontitown but ole jim bob cried hard enough that the billboard company turned it down

Possibly Chicken posted:

These are the people that don't pay taxes because they're a "Church" not a household right?

well he just so happens to be the pastor of a church that so happens to be right on their property

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

afeelgoodpoop posted:

obedience to authority being inscribed in kids to the point that teachers used to swack ur hand if you do a problem wrong in class, something my grandpa told me about his piano teaching, never happened systematically across the whole of western society. teachers, you dont have to leave those kids alone, since you never existed!

yeah thats not blanket training

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I bet there's all sorts of weird oedipal poo poo going down in that fortified polebarn they call a home

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

katlington posted:

yeah thats not blanket training

yea that's just what they got away with officially in school. can you imagine what private life was like? i know personally both my grandpa and his mother were disciplined by his father, isn't there a stereotype out there about how everyone beat their wives/kids back then?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Nobody is allowed to gently caress my doughy corn eating daughter but me-- Papa Duggar laying down the law with his quiverful of spanking tools

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

imo id use it for consensual sex games with adult women :q:

crackton
May 9, 2009

Possibly Chicken posted:

No loving way?

Also, to the people saying how hard it would be for a father to report his son for molesting his siblings: at what point does the your love and caring for your son outweigh the welfare of your four daughters who are now traumatized for life?

Forget all the talk about whether or not the kid was 14 or 17 at the time, it's not entirely irrelevant but it's hosed up either way. As parents rather than helping any of the kids(as in the rapist, or his victims) they reinforced the notion that it's okay to go around touching kids because as long as you say sorry to god afterwards, everything will be okay. edit:And for the girls, no matter what you must submit to your husband/father/random male stranger[insert any patriarchal figure here].

People like this who don't go in to get proper psychological treatment are pretty much guaranteed to do it again, especially knowing that even now a phone call from daddy can make it all better. See:destruction of police regards

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

All the dumb fundies are all "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Last time I checked nothing I've ever done is even remotely as bad as child molestation, so hand me a brick.

I did some reading on the Wayne Dumond case that Huckabee got involved with. He paroled a violent serial rapist because the right wing idiot media decided that Bill Clinton had framed him. Violent serial rapist then rapes and murders again, and Huckabee refuses to admit his mistakes.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
this sounds like a good segway to my favorite fucktarded cult activity

purity ball

:patriot: :suicide:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
iguess u can visit the snakepit of jezebel for the rest

http://jezebel.com/creepy-yet-gorgeous-portraits-of-purity-pledging-daught-1587155121

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Top City Homo posted:

purity ball

wait did thosr dads choose those shots, like yup this one where im batman is the good one?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Top City Homo posted:

purity ball

The girl in the second one looks like she's having an orgasm. I was just going to mention that but then I saw the guy's face in the last one. Then I saw the dad and daughter kissing on the mouth in the third one. I hate evangelicals so much.

So here's a funny story. We're going to hold my grandmother's 80th birthday party in about a month. We're only supposed to invite certain people from her church that she's sure won't rat her out for drinking.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Casimir Radon posted:

I did some reading on the Wayne Dumond case that Huckabee got involved with. He paroled a violent serial rapist because the right wing idiot media decided that Bill Clinton had framed him. Violent serial rapist then rapes and murders again, and Huckabee refuses to admit his mistakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakewood,_Washington_police_officer_shooting#Suspect

Huckabee doesn't have a shot at winning the presidency but I still want to see a Willie Horton: TURBO edition ad campaign waged against him as a sort of karmic bitch slap against social conservative morality/bible-doesn't-matter-when-it's-the-other-guy politics in general.

crackton
May 9, 2009

Top City Homo posted:

purity ball

:barf:

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

The whole idea of purity balls just makes my brain itch. They appropriate all this imagery and ceremony from high school dances and weddings and poo poo like that in a very deliberate way. I can't understand how anyone over the age of twelve can process that as wholesome. My brain just kinda crashes whenever I try to imagine that mindset.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
That sort of Christian fetishizes purity and modesty in girls and it has the effect of sexualizing them in super creepy ways. On top of that they teach that women are inherently sinful and can lead men astray so it's not really the man's fault if he rapes his five year old sister etc it's really hosed up creepy poo poo that has the opposite effect of what they're going for.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the answer to the "why does jim bob care about his son more than his daughter" is because jim bob cares more about his sons than his daughters

page 1

Jonny 290 posted:

#duggarfacts Michelle and Jim Bob start having sex again 40 days after the birth of a male child, or 80 days after a female child
they volunteered this info

the female child is a curse unto the loins

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

purity ball

hell yes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It's a little weird to dress your son in a wig and a periwinkle dress, just to have a date to the purity ball

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Casimir Radon posted:

So here's a funny story. We're going to hold my grandmother's 80th birthday party in about a month. We're only supposed to invite certain people from her church that she's sure won't rat her out for drinking.

I'm pretty sure if you can make it to 80, you can do just about whatever the gently caress you want. By that point, you'd think most couldn't care less about what others think anymore.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:captainpop:
5'd

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
All y'all should head on over to the freep thread, some stunning A level commentary is going on over there

quote:

First, they came for the bikers, but I didn't say anything because I'm not a biker.

Then they came for the Duggars, but I didn't say anything, because I wasn't a Duggar.

Then they came for me, but there was no one left to stand with me...

What he did was disgusting, reprehensible, and inexcusable, but it was 12 years ago, and it would seem there has not been any issue since, which would indicate to me that the actions taken by the family and by Josh himself were appropriate. This is nothing more than an attack on Christians, that's all it is. And as I mentioned previously, the ONLY winners are Satan and evil. That's it.

19 posted on 5/22/2015, 11:18:16 AM by dware (Yeah, so? What are you going to do about it?)]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WescottF1 posted:

I'm pretty sure if you can make it to 80, you can do just about whatever the gently caress you want. By that point, you'd think most couldn't care less about what others think anymore.
You don't become a baptist because you want to mind your own business.

• Locked thread