Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Introduction
Hey, folks! My name is Rojo, and this is my first official SA post thread. Yeah, yeah, I know Shining Force has been done like 1000 times, but this one will be different. Unless you've already seen a VLP where we tell anybody without a magic bar to gently caress off, in which case we're both out of luck. If you're somehow not familiar with the game or you just want a bit of a refresher, there's a blurb below to get you started.

Shining force is a turn based strategy RPG from the days of the Genesis. The game features a colorful cast of characters who will help Max, a young man with amnesia, realize his destiny and battle the evil prophesied to endanger the land of Rune. The game was published by Sega and developed jointly by Climax Entertainment and Camelot Software Planning (also known as Sonic! Software Planning). You can find the version of the game that I'm playing here.

About the Playthrough
As I mentioned, we're only going to be using spellcasters in this LP series. That's going to handicap us early on, but I suspect things will quickly get easier due to superior levels / stats, and then harder as the level difference between us and our opponents shrinks and we start fighting trickier foes. Even though we're only using spellcasters, I'll still try to recruit all of the characters possible who will then be sent on "vacation." I'm also going to attempt to show off all the secret stuff that I know about, and when the opportunity arises, drop phat lore bombs that may or may not be 100% correct. Finally, I'm going to try to fit in one battle per episode along with some town exploration if applicable.

Why spellcasters? Basically, in my typical playthroughs I roll with 2 priests and 2 mages. The priests usually struggle to get experience which means unlocking new spells is slow, and often one of the mages dominates while the other lags behind. I considered some other types of playthroughs, but spellcasters seemed like the most interesting, both for me, and to watch. We'll have a bunch of magic at our disposal to use tactically, which should make for some interesting decision making, and we'll often be forced to put units that typically hang out in the back away from danger right on the front lines. Finally, we'll be playing understaffed for most of the game, theoretically making battles a bit tougher and adding some drama.

Special thanks to a one Tonberry2k wherever you are for creating a great sprite sheet from the characters in the game and putting it out there for people to use.

There are two versions of each episode.
The full version includes all of the town and talky bits of the game, whereas the battle only version contains a brief summary of the story for context, and then jumps right into the action. No need to watch both - just pick the version that suits your tastes.

Update Schedule
This series is complete!

Thread Rules
I'd prefer to keep discussion related to what's happened in the series so far, though it's fine if said discussion brings up related stuff from the other Shining games (particularly the Return of Dark Dragon remake). I'm not super worried about spoilers - game's over 20 years old. Hopefully Sega is working on a worldwide release of a new, true, Force game for the 25th anniversary, amirite?

Vids
Series Playlist | (Battle Only Playlist)

It's video games. Every day...ish.
http://www.youtube.com/rojovision
http://www.twitch.tv/rojovision

rojovision fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
In our first episode "The Ancient Gate" (battle only here) we explore Guardiana as Max, our protagonist who was found injured on the beach some time ago and is suffering from amnesia. During his time in Guardiana Max been training under the mentorship of Varios, one of the royal guards, and has become good friends with Lowe, a local priest. Unfortunately it seems like an ancient evil is on the rise, and the nation of Runefaust is playing a role in that. We're sent to investigate Runefaust movement at the Gate of the Ancients, which Guardiana has been tasked to protect for centuries by the Ancients themselves. We have to send most of our starting party members away, but we're able to recruit a little extra help before the battle.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 31, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
:frogout: Youtube superstar play-

Wait you aren't doing a playlist dump. :psyduck:

Well then, don't read the text out loud, and if you absolutely have to read it out then don't try to voice act your way through it.

Also its considered polite to make a test post in the sandcastle before you start your first lets play on SA, no matter how many lets plays you might have done off site.

EDIT: whelp, that will teach me to consider all the possible meanings of the word official before posting. :v:

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 20, 2015

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I should post in the sandcastle for feedback!
*HALF AN HOUR LATER*
Yeah that's good enough let's not change anything and post the thread.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

toddy. posted:

I should post in the sandcastle for feedback!
*HALF AN HOUR LATER*
Yeah that's good enough let's not change anything and post the thread.

Do you have any feedback about the thread? I've seen what other people are posting and what I've got appears to be on par with that.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Klaus88 posted:

Well then, don't read the text out loud, and if you absolutely have to read it out then don't try to voice act your way through it.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm not trying to do super serious voice acting except for the silly intro. It just kind of happens unintentionally when I read the dialogue.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

rojogames posted:

Do you have any feedback about the thread? I've seen what other people are posting and what I've got appears to be on par with that.

If you feel your poo poo is good enough then :justpost:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is it just the first game or are you doing other games in the series?

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is it just the first game or are you doing other games in the series?

I'd like to do some of the other games as well, but for the time being the plan is just to do the first one.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 2 - Runefaust Strikes is available now. Rest assured that any voice acting is meant to be bullshit goofiness.

In this episode we rush back to Guardiana to aid in its defense. I talk a bit about some of the characters and game mechanics during the long trek through the mountains, and we get our first look at one of the primary antagonists in the game. Also the dwarves in this fight are shifty as gently caress.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 22, 2015

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Looks like we got a new valkhorn.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

bathroomrage posted:

Looks like we got a new valkhorn.

I'm not going to be having a meltdown any time soon. I appreciate all feedback, and I consider it all carefully. However, I'm going to reserve the right to veto stuff that I don't think will work for me. Don't be offended if that happens - it's nothing personal.

At any rate, in the Sandcastle I brought up the idea of posting battle only episodes in tandem with the full episodes, but I haven't gotten any feedback about it. They would basically serve as my edited version of the LP and just bring people straight into the most interesting part of the game. It seems like there are a bunch of people here who do cut + uncut episodes with some success.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I've been skimming through your videos for this and I have to say, everyone complaining about your reading the lines are right on the money. I'm sorry but it's completely a misstep. I find when you're talking about mechanics or your thought processes mid-battle you're just fine, and a gimmick run of a very familiar game is a fun idea. Your idea of battle-only episodes might be a good one. I know if you posted them, I'd probably only watch them and not the in between parts where you read to us. I wouldn't say you're a bad player or video maker, just that you don't seem to realize where your strengths lie, and continue to indulge the weaknesses as well.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Choco1980 posted:

I've been skimming through your videos for this and I have to say, everyone complaining about your reading the lines are right on the money. I'm sorry but it's completely a misstep. I find when you're talking about mechanics or your thought processes mid-battle you're just fine, and a gimmick run of a very familiar game is a fun idea. Your idea of battle-only episodes might be a good one. I know if you posted them, I'd probably only watch them and not the in between parts where you read to us. I wouldn't say you're a bad player or video maker, just that you don't seem to realize where your strengths lie, and continue to indulge the weaknesses as well.

No need to be sorry. I'm going to try setting up battle episodes for the current parts that are out to see how it looks. If it seems decent (which I imagine it will), I'll be uploading them, though it might take a couple days to get caught up just due to raw upload time since I do other videos that I don't have SA threads for. I'm going to continue doing the uncut episodes as is most likely for the small group of people who like / don't mind that sort of thing. There's a niche market for it - it's just not here, and that's fine. I've also spent a little time upgrading the thread quality a bit.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

rojogames posted:

I'm not going to be having a meltdown any time soon. I appreciate all feedback, and I consider it all carefully. However, I'm going to reserve the right to veto stuff that I don't think will work for me. Don't be offended if that happens - it's nothing personal.

That's not what he means, he means that whenever you're presented with criticism instead of addressing it you just kinda sweep it under the rug and continue on as though it was never mentioned. You say you're taking all feedback into consideration and will veto whatever will not work for you, but without giving a reason as to why you feel the need to. Do you honestly think your audience is too stupid to read for themselves, or do you think that the intro and dialog bits are so boring that the viewer is no longer watching your video so you need to read to them so they don't get lost when you do get to something interesting; OR do you have to be talking at all times and couldn't think of anything to say other then reading what's on the screen?

I'm gonna be honest and say I did not watch any further than the intro and started skimming, because you're reading the text. Let the game's intro do what it was made to do and setup the world and atmosphere. You reading the text is not adding anything to that, and if you absolutely HAVE to say something during the intro why not say everything you said while you sat on the loving main menu! Seriously, it takes 5 minutes to get into the game proper and by now whatever viewers you could have hooked by having something interesting to say are gone all because you couldn't be bothered put in the effort to not read the intro text and spent even more time in the menus explaining what you intend to do with your playthrough. Not to mention it takes you OVER 20 minutes to get to into the first battle, because you're wasting lots and lots of time reading EVERYTHING. Why would you put your audience through this?

It's one thing to do something that's against the norm, it's another when the thing you're doing is actually hurting your final product as a result. I don't really care for your attitude towards making videos (Which is part of the reason why I feel the need to write up this care post), you go on and on about doing what works for you when really you should be doing what benefits the viewer in the end and makes the most out of their time not yours. Your audience shouldn't have to watch you go and interact with every single thing and read every single bit of text when you could just as easily summarize the important bits and cut out all the unneeded fluff. Also I'm getting a serious vibe that this is all live commentary which also explains your refusal to edit out anything. While there's nothing wrong with doing things live you would really really REALLY benefit from going back in post and re-recording parts where you're doing nothing but reading.

You shouldn't need different versions of the same LP, because you're doing two times the work for hardly any gain.

Just wanted to get that off my chest, because there's always potential in an LP like this, but I feel that the content is suffering because of your current attitude with making these videos.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

I'm not intentionally sweeping it under the rug, but I guess I haven't explained my thought process as well as I could have, so I can see why you'd think that. The reason I did the intro like that was to try something new for myself and offer viewers something different. It was a creative risk, and I knew that when I did it. Doing things a little differently is a common theme on my channel. I play games very few people do, or I try to do them in a way nobody else has (to the best of my knowledge).

I read all the text because that's part of my presentation of the game. Truthfully if I didn't read it out loud and talked over it all I wouldn't be reading the words, I'd just be looking at them, and might miss something that's actually important. It's kind of a thought multitasking thing. Also my well of commentary might run dry while in town, and I don't like watching videos with long silences, so I'm certainly not going to create that kind of content. Some people probably like silence, but they're outside my target audience. A lot of people here don't care for the reading, and that's OK. However, there's a logical fallacy popping up: "I don't like it, so nobody likes it." It's straight up just not true, even if most people in fact don't like it. There's a fairly popular LPer who I hold in high regard who plays wordy games and reads just about everything. Thousands of people like his stuff, so that's proof that there's a market for this type of video, like I said earlier. It's all about matching the right content to the right people, and I don't have the right content for you. Yet.

As for doing two times the work, the battle episodes aren't going to be what you're thinking. They are going to be exactly the same content as in the main video, but without about 95% of the town bits, which is what most of you guys have been asking for. Right content for the right people. Basically you can think of the battle episodes as the theatrical release, and the full episodes as the director's cut. Some people are going to like one more than the other, and whichever you think is better, you're right. I think the battle episodes that come as a result of the feedback I've gotten here will appeal to a broader audience and that's good. This is me carefully considering feedback, which I've been doing all along.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 21, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

One of the reasons SA tends to be looked on overall by the LP community as having high standards and being hoity toity often is because of a very simple concept--What would be best for presenting the game to the viewers should come first, and unless they're somehow super entertaining--like, they could sustain a stage or screen act--the LPer should be last in attention received. When you stage read and react to every bit of text, it comes across as you're making the video to say "hey, look at me everybody!" more than "hey, let's see this fun gimmick run of a much beloved game". Maybe it's true that this is a byproduct of doing it live, but yeah, that's kind of the problem too. Nobody's watching these for you no offense, they're watching for the gimmick run. Give us the steak, not the sizzle, and you could probably go far here, but as it stands, you're really just hemorrhaging viewers the more you try to put us through.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Could always do a hybrid.

Screenshots for the dialogue heavy town segments, that no one on Earth wants to hear narrated to them.
Video with commentary for the battle segments.

But screenshots can't get liked or subscribed on Youtube, so I see your conundrum!

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!
I was somebody who was interested in the thread then immediately closed the video when I heard you narrating the dialogue. I'd totally watch a battles-only video if you actually do that.

If you really feel the need to keep narrating, then, yeah, you're probably gonna get some poo poo for it here. It's the mark of an uncreative or poorly produced LP - not that that may apply to you, it's just that no matter how smart you are you're still riding the short bus. There may be an audience for it, sure, but it's still a flinch-inducing gimmick. Compare it to Christian Rap.

Again, the battles-only video is a good idea. That is clearly something SA would appreciate.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
The battle vids will be forthcoming. It may take a few days to get caught up, but hopefully it'll be sorted by Monday next week so I can release them in tandem with the full episodes.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 3 - Advancing to Alterone is now available. The first of the battle only episodes should be going live sometime tomorrow.

In an attempt to put tragedy behind us we set out to Alterone, a close ally of Guardiana. Runefaust ever persistent won't let us get there in peace unfortunately. This turns out to be one tough battle!

rojovision fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 23, 2015

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

MartianAgitator posted:

I was somebody who was interested in the thread then immediately closed the video when I heard you narrating the dialogue. I'd totally watch a battles-only video if you actually do that.

I hate to continue to harp on this point, but I agree. I did make it through the intro, as I thought "ok, silly gimmick intro for a gimmick lp" but I closed the video when I realized that everything was going to be read to me (specifically, at the point where he left Lowe's dialog box up while he explained who Lowe was, then went back and read it aloud).

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Battle only episode one is now available.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Battle only episode 2 is now available.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Do you have an audience that's really depending on you to read all the dialogue?

I want to make it clear that I'm not dogging on the Let's Play - you have a good voice and spellcasters-only is an interesting gimmick, and this is a neat game. I would really like to watch all the videos! I don't know if it seems like an arbitrary thing that we're piling on here, but reading all the text is just, really not that fun to listen to!

To the point that reading all the text is, for me at least, the difference between me posting in the "what LPs should I listen to" thread and recommending this, and asking this question in this thread, instead.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Bacter posted:

Do you have an audience that's really depending on you to read all the dialogue?

I want to make it clear that I'm not dogging on the Let's Play - you have a good voice and spellcasters-only is an interesting gimmick, and this is a neat game. I would really like to watch all the videos! I don't know if it seems like an arbitrary thing that we're piling on here, but reading all the text is just, really not that fun to listen to!

To the point that reading all the text is, for me at least, the difference between me posting in the "what LPs should I listen to" thread and recommending this, and asking this question in this thread, instead.

My past analytics for another series I did suggests that my pre SA audience didn't mind being read to, though there was less of it by a fair margin. I definitely wouldn't describe it as people depending on it. The reading thing isn't what people here want, that's for certain. As I get more comfortable with the LP I may stop reading literally every single thing if I have other things to talk about while we poke around towns. I sort of begin to do this a couple times at the end of episode 3 while we're checking out Alterone. The reality is that most people in towns don't have anything important to say, so you're really not missing anything super critical from the full episodes that I don't summarize in the battle versions, which are identical in content as far as the actual fights go. The only things you might miss out on are some of the goofy encounters like looking through the telescope in the first episode, and maybe a secret or two as we progress through the game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Why not try one episode without reading out the dialogue?

Just test it out and see how it's received.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Is there a reason why there's such a staggered release between the full episodes and the battle videos? I mean, it's a pretty easy thing to do to just straight cut the video to the size and upload it at the same time as the full length one to youtube. I only ask because I'm one of those that would look forward to your battle videos but wants to avoid your regular videos like the plague and am not going to watch them any more.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Choco1980 posted:

Is there a reason why there's such a staggered release between the full episodes and the battle videos? I mean, it's a pretty easy thing to do to just straight cut the video to the size and upload it at the same time as the full length one to youtube. I only ask because I'm one of those that would look forward to your battle videos but wants to avoid your regular videos like the plague and am not going to watch them any more.

I already covered this. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721223#post445632304

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Golden Goat posted:

Why not try one episode without reading out the dialogue?

Just test it out and see how it's received.

I'm sure you guys would like it. However, that's why I made the battle episodes. The other ones are for me / the audience outside SA that doesn't mind the reading. Also as I said, I may transition into not reading everything in the full episodes as the LP continues, though I'm not making any promises. Really, it's not even totally that people don't like to be read to. It's that most people don't want to see someone gently caress around in town for 10-20 minutes when there's so little of importance happening. I still want to do the town parts in the full episodes for any secrets / little events that pop up, and for the people who actually do want to see someone dick around in town.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Except that doesn't answer my question at all? A quick cut to the battle footage and an upload might take like, 10-15 minutes extra out of your day.

I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Your battle videos are good and your commentary during that period of the videos is actually halfway interesting. But it's hard to take you seriously when your response to any and all criticism is "Oh well, if you don't like the way I do things, there's the door." instead of trying to even compromise or listen. It makes you out to be a petulant child and entirely the type of person no one cares for. Earlier someone compared you to a former SA LPer named Valkhorn, and you seemed to recognize that to mean they thought you'd have a meltdown. It wasn't. Valkhorn's problems were like yours: He'd show clear enough talent to make worthwhile LPs but would make a lot of mistakes that led to them being boring and difficult to watch. Lots of people came out of the woodwork to be quite friendly to him and say basically "Hey, I notice you're doing X thing that people don't like, here's what why that turns out bad, and what you could do to fix it" he'd thank them for their criticism, then go right ahead and keep making the same mistakes and be stunned that people didn't magically turn around in their opinion of him. That's definitely what I'm seeing here--no desire to listen to constructive criticism, and then surprise when those criticisms keep coming back.

Let me ask you something, and I'm not trying to be mean or suggest anything by it--Which is more important to you, showing off the game and its potential, or getting your videos and yourself more viewers? The answer to that question will determine whether or not you have a place on the SA LP subforum, and I ask it with zero malice or accusation.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
Just want to say I've been enjoying the battle only videos. Didn't watch the others however, so I can't comment on those. Would love to hear any other little tibits you know about the game as well.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

Choco1980 posted:

Except that doesn't answer my question at all? A quick cut to the battle footage and an upload might take like, 10-15 minutes extra out of your day.

I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Your battle videos are good and your commentary during that period of the videos is actually halfway interesting. But it's hard to take you seriously when your response to any and all criticism is "Oh well, if you don't like the way I do things, there's the door." instead of trying to even compromise or listen. It makes you out to be a petulant child and entirely the type of person no one cares for.

This is clearly a mischaracterization. I watched both battle-only videos and I'm not interested in your approach, but you've absolutely explained your position concisely and without childishness. There are great reasons for not reading the text, but you've said you are doing it for other audiences and posting them in SA for those few here who might like it or just for curiosity's sake. Since you have already made battle-only videos for us, there is no reason to begrudge you posting the other videos.

Like I said, I don't personally find the battle-only videos fun or informative, but if anything is holding you back it is certainly not petulance or your inability to listen to your detractors.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

I mentioned this as well in the thread, but it takes hours to upload a video, so it's not really about my time, it's about upload time. An additional complication is that I have to travel to another location to do an initial file transfer since my home internet is balls. Then I remote connect to that location to do additional uploads after the first. It's a bit convoluted, but it's workable. Additionaly I have other series that are scheduled on my channel, and I'm not going to interrupt them to play catch up. As I mentioned everything should be caught up by Monday, and hopefully I'll be able to release both versions at the same time consistently in the future. I miss my symmetrical gigabit connection which allowed me to upload videos in a few minutes.

The battle videos are a clear example of my ability to accept feedback and apply it to my work. As for your question about which is more important? Those aren't mutually exclusive concepts. I want both, and theoretically one should lead to the other.

MartianAgitator posted:

This is clearly a mischaracterization. I watched both battle-only videos and I'm not interested in your approach, but you've absolutely explained your position concisely and without childishness. There are great reasons for not reading the text, but you've said you are doing it for other audiences and posting them in SA for those few here who might like it or just for curiosity's sake. Since you have already made battle-only videos for us, there is no reason to begrudge you posting the other videos.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

DeliciousCookie posted:

Just want to say I've been enjoying the battle only videos. Didn't watch the others however, so I can't comment on those. Would love to hear any other little tibits you know about the game as well.

And that.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Your battle videos are good and your commentary during that period of the videos is actually halfway interesting. But it's hard to take you seriously when your response to any and all criticism is "Oh well, if you don't like the way I do things, there's the door." instead of trying to even compromise or listen. It makes you out to be a petulant child and entirely the type of person no one cares for. Earlier someone compared you to a former SA LPer named Valkhorn, and you seemed to recognize that to mean they thought you'd have a meltdown. It wasn't. Valkhorn's problems were like yours: He'd show clear enough talent to make worthwhile LPs but would make a lot of mistakes that led to them being boring and difficult to watch. Lots of people came out of the woodwork to be quite friendly to him and say basically "Hey, I notice you're doing X thing that people don't like, here's what why that turns out bad, and what you could do to fix it" he'd thank them for their criticism, then go right ahead and keep making the same mistakes and be stunned that people didn't magically turn around in their opinion of him. That's definitely what I'm seeing here--no desire to listen to constructive criticism, and then surprise when those criticisms keep coming back.
Dude relax, if he wants to do things backwards then just let him. At this point he's dead set on proceeding on without changing anything.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Golden Goat posted:

...At this point he's dead set on proceeding on without changing anything.

I'm sort of at a loss as to how anyone can reasonably think that if they've read the thread.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

rojogames posted:

I'm sort of at a loss as to how anyone can reasonably think that if they've read the thread.

...else. Changing anything else.

I wasn't saying you haven't changed anything currently.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Battle only episode 3 is now available. If the upload gods are just, battle episodes should release with the full episodes in the future.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

rojogames posted:

Battle only episode 3 is now available. If the upload gods are just, battle episodes should release with the full episodes in the future.

Sorry if I've been overly harsh. These battle-only videos I actually quite like and will continue to watch them. You very much are entertaining, and the gimmick is interesting. Don't let my criticisms discourage you from that.

Also--gently caress bats at all times in Shining Force games. Just gently caress em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Choco1980 posted:

Sorry if I've been overly harsh. These battle-only videos I actually quite like and will continue to watch them. You very much are entertaining, and the gimmick is interesting. Don't let my criticisms discourage you from that.

Also--gently caress bats at all times in Shining Force games. Just gently caress em.

No worries, and thanks. Also yeah, bats can suck it.

• Locked thread