Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just got a wiiu with mk8 and sm3dw, what other games are God tier for a gf+bf to play together?

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (and DKC Returns as well, though that's for the Wii) is great if you can handle the difficulty. It gets pretty challenging at times, and even more so with two players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My girlfriend and I enjoyed playing New Super Mario Bros U. We also like MK8 and 3D World so you're good there. We also like playing Pushmo and Captain Toad.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Also get Nintendoland. It's way more fun than it looks and there are plenty of cooperative modes.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

skeletronics posted:

Also get Nintendoland. It's way more fun than it looks and there are plenty of cooperative modes.

Oh we got this as well, sorry! Thanks for the suggestions, def gonna check out hyrule warriors, nsmb and that yoshi game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Woolly World isn't out yet. And honestly, Yoshi platformers don't have a good track record, so I wouldn't sink a lot of hope into it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RyokoTK posted:

Woolly World isn't out yet. And honestly, Yoshi platformers don't have a good track record, so I wouldn't sink a lot of hope into it.

gently caress yoshi then, on this splatoon tip now.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

RyokoTK posted:

Yoshi platformers don't have a good track record

Yoshi's Island was so good it's a tough act to follow. That's why they remade it with worse versions twice.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yoshi's Epic Yarn will be the good one

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

25 minutes I am ready to PAINT SOME FOOLS

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Remember to get a pro controller for Hyrule Warriors, otherwise player 2 is stuck waggling the Wiimote to attack

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Yoshi's Epic Yarn will be the good one

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone else stuck on "Searching for a battle to join..." in the Global Testfire?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, I'm getting stuck on that screen too. I think the servers are down.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Yeah, the first three all went at least reasonably well, this one had me stuck in a lobby with three people (with my only way out being to turn off the console), and now I simply can't connect at all.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Ultigonio posted:

Yeah, the first three all went at least reasonably well, this one had me stuck in a lobby with three people (with my only way out being to turn off the console), and now I simply can't connect at all.

Yeah, I got into one game and now nothing. I got to level 19 on the squid jumping game, though, so it's not a total loss.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Natron posted:

Yeah, I got into one game and now nothing. I got to level 19 on the squid jumping game, though, so it's not a total loss.

You sir are a god. I can't get past level three.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well this sucks. No battles for me either. This testfire is a real dud. My first time getting to try as well, so terrible first impression. Nintendo better open up another one for a longer window to prove it actually works. No one trying to log on in their right mind would buy this.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

greatn posted:

Well this sucks. No battles for me either. This testfire is a real dud. My first time getting to try as well, so terrible first impression. Nintendo better open up another one for a longer window to prove it actually works. No one trying to log on in their right mind would buy this.

lol this guy

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

XtraSmiley posted:

Protip: You can charge your jumps while still in the air. Once I figured that out I was off to the races.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

greatn posted:

source your quotes

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

greatn posted:

:jerkbag:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

I hit two of the original three test fires and everything went super smoothly. I wonder if there's more traffic on this one, or if they intentionally scaled back server capacity to see what would happen or what.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

This is what I actually expected the first one to be like. I got one game in at least, I suppose.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Honestly he's completely right. Not everyone got to play the original 3 due to the weird times they went up so now that it's at a actual time that makes sense for a lot of people the first exposure to the game is broken servers. They really do need to extend it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

XtraSmiley posted:

I need to know how the Squid Jump game could possibly be so hard for people.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The last one was also on saturday at 3pm

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Honestly he's completely right. Not everyone got to play the original 3 due to the weird times they went up so now that it's at a actual time that makes sense for a lot of people the first exposure to the game is broken servers. They really do need to extend it.

This is the same poo poo that happens every single major online game pretest and release ever. The whining about GTA Online when that game dropped was loving legendary.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Ultigonio posted:

I need to know how the Squid Jump game could possibly be so hard for people.

I think it's patients. I ended up getting better and quitting on stage 16.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Welp Spatoon test fire was a bust for me. Tried for 45 minutes to get in to a game and nothing. I might hold off buying it for a week or 2 until the servers are settled.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RyokoTK posted:

This is the same poo poo that happens every single major online game pretest and release ever. The whining about GTA Online when that game dropped was loving legendary.

Just don't see what's so wrong in wanting a demo's time to get extended. It's already crazy enough people can only play a single hour, but when that single hour is "sorry go away" it's not exactly unwarranted.

Afro posted:

Welp Spatoon test fire was a bust for me. Tried for 45 minutes to get in to a game and nothing. I might hold off buying it for a week or 2 until the servers are settled.

Because stuff like this happens.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Waiting for two weeks for the servers to settle is exactly what you should do for every major online game ever.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"it doesn't work"

woah woah quit the freaking WHINING bucko. feeling entitled, gamer!?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Why not just post about "well why don't they just buy more servers???" next so we can fully 100% rehash the same argument every big game ever gets?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RyokoTK posted:

Why not just post about "well why don't they just buy more servers???" next so we can fully 100% rehash the same argument every big game ever gets?

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

"it doesn't work"

woah woah quit the freaking WHINING bucko. feeling entitled, gamer!?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

RyokoTK posted:

Waiting for two weeks for the servers to settle is exactly what you should do for every major online game ever.

Personally I wouldn't count Splatoon as a "major" online game so the server shittiness is extra mystifying to me :shrug:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Afro posted:

Personally I wouldn't count Splatoon as a "major" online game so the server shittiness is extra mystifying to me :shrug:

Relative to other Nintendo games, anyway, it is.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
i tried playing the demo 20 minutes ago and it literally told me "gently caress off we're full"

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah this was the first test fire I could actually be around for, and its pretty disappointing that it isn't working.

The Squid Jump game is pretty fun though, got 3 game overs on level 20 and gave. up

And the slow searching for server music is rad as heck

Davinci fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 24, 2015

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Holy cow it suddenly works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Whatever the different factor was that made this testfire fail when the other three went fine, I am sure Nintendo is examining it closely and seeking to resolve it as promptly as possible.

• Locked thread