Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

not happy about all of the negative press christianity is getting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

eric posted:

The sad thing is the closeted son or daughter that finally comes out will be treated worse than the sex offender.

actually, the sad thing is that that person, too, will probably also be a sex offender, on top of being gay.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

wisdomHNOX posted:

rapist sun

won't u cum,
and take away,
my hy-maiin....

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004
Youtube Comment

quote:

td fisk 11 minutes ago
+Bunny Smith It figures you can't see the mob mentality when you are one of them. False equivalency, you're trying to sound intelligent and failing miserably. A trait of a mob is making things up to justify their irrational emotions of pure hate. The truth is the father even took him to the police as well as other things, but that's not the real issue. You contribute to the mob frenzy by supporting trial by media and guilty by public opinion. This mob, like all others, underminer due process of law in thinking you have a right to judge.

The only disgusting pig here is people like you. What audacity to claim I don't know the law. I enforced federal law while in the Coast Guard and it's YOU who don't know the law. All your doing is making up the rules of law. Criminal charges are NOT for public opinion and the public has no right to know any information regarding child offenses.

What I sound like has nothing to do with your psychotic gossip personality. I defend the due process of law and protecting the innocent. With all the insane hatred you express, I have no doubt you would kill him in the most gruesome way and would even do that to children.

Seriously, what the hell do you mean by "He stuck his fingers in his sister's vaginas. How is that ok?"? You don't know the specifics of what he did and all you're doing is trying to dramatize this. It sounds like you react this way because it's a boy doing it to a girl. If it were a girl doing it to a boy you would defend the girl, that's the name of sexist game these days. There is absolutely no evidence that he was violent, but you are trying to spin it that way. I fooled around with my cousins when I was 7 and they really enjoyed touching them. It all began with them touching me, but of course girls aren't sex offenders, right? To this day we get a good laugh at it. Nearly everyone experience sexual touching as children. Guess what, it's not traumatic when children touch each others genitals.

God I'm getting to hate this world more every day. All the hatred, especially against children, keeps getting worse. I'm beginning to think that the best thing that can happen is our species becomes extinct. Insanity rules and it's eating us alive.

Thomas

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I asked Jesus for answers and I think he's pissed off because the words "leave me out of this" appeared on my forehead, carved from my flesh and bone.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Agreed. This ridicule to the cause of Christ is upsetting.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

McStabby posted:

Close enough!

This is my favorite duggars photo.

A couple of the older ones have the confidence to feel sad. The younger ones have been so brutalized that they smile habitually out of fear of punishment. And there's a couple pips here and there of younger human beings showing actual emotions (for which they will be corrected for later).

It took a tragedy to finally offer the entire family an opportunity to sorta act like normal human beings for an afternoon. They'll all go back to prison later that day.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

So basically there is no real police report or document that concretely describes what exactly happened and when? The whole thing has been whitewashed and all records erased? gently caress

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Valuum posted:

Youtube Comment

I've already reported him to the FBI. Thank you.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
On the subject of what the kids around going to do when they grow up, has there been a push by the father that the men who DON'T go into the family businesses need to do something like become a cop or join the military or something?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

So basically there is no real police report or document that concretely describes what exactly happened and when? The whole thing has been whitewashed and all records erased? gently caress

It takes years or decades for law enforcement to build a case against brutal, insular religious cults(that's assuming they even want to), and an awful lot of the charges gravitate around family law and stupid poo poo like unpaid labor. "injury to a child" doesn't get you 10 to 20, and when you're out you get the children back again.

If Warren Jeffs didn't escalate to recording his rapes of 9 year olds, he'd still be a free man doing horrible things to an army of children.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

The Learning Channel With Jim Bob

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Posting from my pone but I'm ok with the way it turned out.

More side hugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nss-mREqdfg

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

For those who celebrate at the banquet of Josh Duggar’s humiliation, I’ve got news for you.

You’re not a shining perfect soul yourself.

In fact, you’re depraved, self-seeking, greedy, profane, and iniquitous.

Your counterfeit self-righteousness is as transparently feculent as your own deviant desires for others.

In other words: You live in a sewer, and you smell like its contents.

There’s no material difference between you and Josh Duggar. Except one thing. Josh Duggar believes in a holy, forgiving, loving and merciful God who has already forgiven him for his transgression.

Josh Duggar can stand up and say “I did this” without shame, because he’s given his own depravity to God, who has taken his shame and given him God’s righteousness.

I know this bothers you, because you want to see Duggar grovel and beg forgiveness from the world, so you can snatch it away while he writhes in his own humiliation for the rest of his life.

I’ve got bad news for you. It’s not going to happen.

Duggar admitted what happened and now it’s your turn to deal with it. He’s already past it. His wife is past it. His family is past it.

And they know one thing that you may not, if you’re one of the many celebrants awaiting the Duggars implosion.

What they know is something very ancient, and not at all hidden.

They know this: one day, “at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:10-11.)

Right now, Josh Duggar is living out Philippians the second chapter.

One day I hope I will have the pleasure of meeting him again. Yes, the “pleasure.”

Duggar is not a perfect soul. Neither am I. Neither are you. What we have in common is the knowledge of the one who is a perfect soul, and like Josh Duggar, I hope one day you’ll meet Him too.

http://www.sgberman.com/2015/05/21/to-those-celebrating-josh-duggars-fall-congratulations-you-still-lose/

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

I'm beginning to think that the best thing that can happen is our species becomes extinct.

quote:

19 Kids and Counting

Is this one of those dialectic thingies?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the war on christianity

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
If we could all just open up and admit that half of us with younger sisters or slightly older sisters or twin sisters or distractingly attractive cousins or particularly friendly dogs or notably willful dogs that needed to learn their place have all been involved in some sexual touching in our youth then we could all welcome a part of Jesus' love that we've been refusing back into our lives and I think the whole world would be better for our honesty.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Arkansas Police Destroy Josh Duggar's Offense Report

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

From Gothard institute on dealing with sexual abuse

LMAO Bill Gothard sexually harassed over 30 women and girls

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

lol Jesus is like "I'm sick of that cat bringing it's kills inside"

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
hmmm me and my 5 siblings never fooled around with each others sinful bits, I guess that explains why we're all atheist or agnostic. We'll never know God's love unless we have kids and molest them. :[

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the war on christianity

bonobos

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015
So wait if i was a duggar i could get into heaven no matter what i did if i picked up a piece of trash from the street once.

God drat i gotta get some of that action.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

From Gothard institute on dealing with sexual abuse

p sure josh got into this whole mess cause of probing for root problems

ill never get over the logic of "hes repented and given god his sin and so everything is healed" esp for things with pretty clear cut victims who had to live with their abuser

yeah, what a champ, all he did was molest his little sisters. to repent, he worked for a month and talked to a pastor.

actually he didnt even do that probably, unless jim bob knows of a specific pedophile pastor that wont give him guff.

lmao of course he knows a pedophile pastor

shiksa fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 23, 2015

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

The Hman posted:

So wait if i was a duggar i could get into heaven no matter what i did if i picked up a piece of trash from the street once.

Nope.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
the oligarchic plan for our country is pretty self evident at this point

an ignorant underclass riven by propaganda and a mammon worshiping authoritarian cult environment in civil life, in the workplace, and the insipid mass media

you will be educated in a school where you will learn to conform and follow instruction, you will believe in a a psychopathic god as personified by your father

your life will be filtered through the choice of military, prison, retail or temp work agencies.

you will work in a drudging temporary retail position where you will worship at the foot of one the many Sam Walton like establishments

the overflow will go to the military to die in a forever war or prison to be in slave labor

the parasitic billionaries will siphon as much wealth as they can and find that no one has any money to purchase anything and retire to their compounds and watch the country rot away

god bless

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

The Hman posted:

Not how that works at all. All you need to do is tell God (only God matters here, don't need to give a poo poo about the victims) that you're very, very sorry. poo poo like picking up trash or saving children from burning buildings means precisely dick to The Lord.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

clearly our standpoint on this topic is being influenced by the wiles of satan

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Really sad that christian cultists don't understand that forgiveness for sins are only applicable to sins against God personally, not against people

you make amends with people first and foremost. It's in the Bible.

you apologize to God on your own time

these retards think that mumbo jumbo prayers somehow make them forgiven

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.

Top City Homo posted:

Really sad that christian cultists don't understand that forgiveness for sins are only applicable to sins against God personally, not against people

Or that being forgiven undoes the need for punishment or learning.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

the oligarchic plan for our country is pretty self evident at this point

an ignorant underclass riven by propaganda and a mammon worshiping authoritarian cult environment in civil life, in the workplace, and the insipid mass media

you will be educated in a school where you will learn to conform and follow instruction, you will believe in a a psychopathic god as personified by your father

your life will be filtered through the choice of military, prison, retail or temp work agencies.

you will work in a drudging temporary retail position where you will worship at the foot of one the many Sam Walton like establishments

the overflow will go to the military to die in a forever war or prison to be in slave labor

the parasitic billionaries will siphon as much wealth as they can and find that no one has any money to purchase anything and retire to their compounds and watch the country rot away

god bless

You forget the part where they drain the country's physical and human capital dry and damage the environment sufficiently that all available means to grow the economy have been exhausted, so there is no new capital coming in to refresh the system.

Then what?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yup those hormones and 14 yo curiosity and nice blaming victim

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

yeah but her molester used mind control powers soooo.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

inasents

molestrs

becouse

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The odds of discovering a child molesting fundamentalist in this tv celebrity family are fairly low. Because this kind of thing runs rampant in fundamentalist communities.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

And here's the kicker. In all the apologies and apologias Not. Once. have I seen the word SIN used anywhere. "cause in my brand of Christianity you call it SIN if you're anywhere over the age of accountability...and every time before taking the Eucharist you admit you're a sinner. It keeps a body humble and sort of non-judgmental, ya know.

The Buggars are small c "cultural christians" using cherry picked proof texts to justify and promulgate their view of the world.... like ISIS does with Islam....

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Vicodiva posted:

The Buggars are small c "cultural christians" using cherry picked proof texts to justify and promulgate their view of the world.... like ISIS does with Islam....
It's almost like this is the function of organized religion or something.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Has child services come and taken all their kids away at the very least? Any movements to alter the law so it has no expiration and charging these people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I fiddled with my siblings, I don't know what the big fuss is all about.

We stopped after my brother broke his cello.

• Locked thread