Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Strength also made plants take longer to crossbreed in IC2, idk about agricraft. In packs without weeds it may be a stat you want to keep low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

As far as we can tell it's some sort of packet problem. 1.7 can't take packets over an arbitrary size well, so disconnects come with having that many mods competing for data for blocks, updates, machines, other players.

If someone finds some other issue then great, but it was a problem with the pack before on launch as well.

This is the reason why we shut down the WilsonSMP server. Moment you get more than ten people in an area or too much is going on, people start dropping. We almost got a decent mod pack together for 1.8 (testing out a lot of these newer mods) and I' m working on a ton of server features, really just wait ing on BoP, because gently caress vanilla world gen is boring and ugly.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!
Wanting to setup a minecraft server on linux for a friend of mine. Is there a recommended server setup/wrapper to use? He was interesting in setting up mods on there as well which looked like some required Forge.

I'm really not sure and walking in the dark on this.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mzbundifund posted:

Strength = Resistance to weeds. Meaningless if the pack you're in has weeds disabled. Weeds are kind of a dumb mechanic, basically if you leave an empty crop stick planted it has a chance to get weeds on it, which can then spread to adjacent crop sticks, destroying the plants there if they fail a Strength check. 10 Strength = immunity to weeds. If you've never seen a weed, odds are your pack has weeds disabled, so you can ignore this stat. Even if your pack has weeds enabled, just don't be a dumb and leave empty crop sticks planted next to your garden and you'll never get weeds.
The only time weeds really bugged me is when I would set up crosscrops to breed two plants, and then weeds would grow there instead. It's just one extra thing I have to deal with and I lose a single crop stick. No wonder most packs disable it.
It also occurs to me that I don't think you can cheat stronger seeds. Even if you're doing some creative thing, you have to manually grow it all by yourself. Is there any way to start all Agricraft crops above a certain threshold? I might want to make a server that employs the ease of farming that agricraft brings (especially being able to cultivate 1-block pumpkins, cacti, melons, sugarcane, etc) but I wouldn't want to deal with all the crossbreeding stats, and 1/1/1 seems slower than regular non-modded crops. Maybe I'm just imagining that last bit though.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 24, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I just discovered the drawers for sorting items and holy poo poo have my eyes been opened. The addition of a controller just takes away everything tedious about sorting your items, minus the initial round of sorting everything into the drawers in the first place.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

I just discovered the drawers for sorting items and holy poo poo have my eyes been opened. The addition of a controller just takes away everything tedious about sorting your items, minus the initial round of sorting everything into the drawers in the first place.

You can also use a JABBA dolly to move drawers around!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Somebody earlier in the thread suggested I mention oil fabricators in BFSR to fuel the rocket. I guess they didn't manage to run into any of the oil laying around. I never heard of it before, but I was about to punch it in to the quest book. I see it online, but it doesn't come up in NEI nor in the MFR configuration. Was it recently removed?

Not sure, but I think you need buildcraft installed for it to appear, since it is buildcraft oil it produces. Might be wrong though.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

I've had bad experiences with drawers crashing, lagging, and dropping FPS, and my computer has no problem OMP packs. Maybe it's just me and my talent for breaking things.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

SugarAddict posted:

I've had bad experiences with drawers crashing, lagging, and dropping FPS, and my computer has no problem OMP packs. Maybe it's just me and my talent for breaking things.

The Regrowth modpack has had some users reporting that the drawer controller has issues.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have a good replacement for XACT crafting? It was this little blueprint thing that hooked up into NEI and would let me craft things straight from the blueprint.

e: NEI tends not to work for whatever reason, it also stopped items from falling out of the crafting table.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Turtlicious posted:

Does anyone have a good replacement for XACT crafting? It was this little blueprint thing that hooked up into NEI and would let me craft things straight from the blueprint.

e: NEI tends not to work for whatever reason, it also stopped items from falling out of the crafting table.

Cyclic assemblers are nice.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Found what I was looking for and I want it in everything

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2425847-xact-1-7-10-port

I've never used a cyclic assembler, but this mod didn't require power, so I could use it in the beginning to set up machine frames and the like since those are hard to remember.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 24, 2015

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Are RFtools dimensions worth getting into? Seems like a more reliable way of making mining ages than Mystcraft, but I have no idea if the amount of power to sustain them would be worth it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mr Scumbag posted:

Are RFtools dimensions worth getting into? Seems like a more reliable way of making mining ages than Mystcraft, but I have no idea if the amount of power to sustain them would be worth it.
Honestly even a minimum-size bigreactor can sustain a world made entirely of diamond ore. Probably not infinitely, but more than long enough for you to rush in and take whatever you want.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Vib Rib posted:

Honestly even a minimum-size bigreactor can sustain a world made entirely of diamond ore. Probably not infinitely, but more than long enough for you to rush in and take whatever you want.

Thanks. Pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear. Mystcraft started off pretty good but only got more an more unnecessarily complicated, in my opinion. At this point, it's just tedious.

Considering that you could probably construct a world that happened to have higher concentrations of yellorium, RFtools dimensions would probably pay themselves off pretty quickly.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

McFrugal posted:

The Regrowth modpack has had some users reporting that the drawer controller has issues.

I can confirm that controllers do not seem to be working right in Regrowth. Mostly they can't seem to see some items in some drawers sometimes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So I like having new biomes, but I am going to shoot everything in sight if I see another patch of quicksand or plant that can hurt me if I step on it. What is with people and really small, annoying environmental hazards?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Midnight Voyager posted:

So I like having new biomes, but I am going to shoot everything in sight if I see another patch of quicksand or plant that can hurt me if I step on it. What is with people and really small, annoying environmental hazards?

I assume you haven't encountered any jungle spiders yet? Small and poison you, and they blend in with the grass.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

poxin posted:

Wanting to setup a minecraft server on linux for a friend of mine. Is there a recommended server setup/wrapper to use? He was interesting in setting up mods on there as well which looked like some required Forge.

I'm really not sure and walking in the dark on this.

Look up Forge and follow its server installation guide (it's simple) then put mods in the mods folder. That's literally it, setting up a basic server is really simple. Just make sure the mods are for 1.7.10, beyond that if you use the newest Forge they should all work.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are essence seeds disabled in OMP-i? I haven't seen one drop from breaking grass yet.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Danger Mahoney posted:

Are essence seeds disabled in OMP-i? I haven't seen one drop from breaking grass yet.

They indeed are. If you're on Stealth's server there's a store at spawn for people to buy them from. If not, well you could always cheat them in.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Has anybody gone crazy with Galacticraft in the past two months and tried the latest releases? I'm wondering if I need to pay attention to anything while updating BFSR. Right now, I am just going to make sure all the detection logic still works.

Also, since I suspect BFSR is a gateway drug to omp-i, I'll probably throw an ender quarry quest in there. I was dabbling on that in the initial releases, but I took it out because of the reliance on the enchanted books. It never occurred to me you could just spend all your underutilized XP on crap enchants to make them, and I could always just give some of the resources in intermediate steps.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Alkydere posted:

They indeed are. If you're on Stealth's server there's a store at spawn for people to buy them from. If not, well you could always cheat them in.
That would explain why I haven't seen any essence ore either. Is cheating the only way to get started on Magical Crops if you're playing single-player? Or does that stuff show up elsewhere?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You can either cheat, or you can edit the MagicalCrops.cfg file to change the configuration back to normal.

At the bottom of the file you'll see the line "B:"Essence seeds drop from tall grass"=false". Change it to =true.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Mzbundifund posted:

You can either cheat, or you can edit the MagicalCrops.cfg file to change the configuration back to normal.

At the bottom of the file you'll see the line "B:"Essence seeds drop from tall grass"=false". Change it to =true.

Yup. If you dig through the config file, you can also turn back on essence ore, and adjust various parameters like whether crops drop extra seeds and/or essence when harvested, and how many seeds you get per craft of the recipe.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dunno-Lars posted:

I assume you haven't encountered any jungle spiders yet? Small and poison you, and they blend in with the grass.

gently caress, I had it on peaceful so I could just see how the world gen worked out. No, I did not see those, that sounds awful.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Someone please make an addon for galacticraft so I can put on an iron shirt and chase satan out of earth.

poo poo, can you remote launch rockets somehow? That could make for a pretty hilarious trap.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ImpactVector posted:

That would explain why I haven't seen any essence ore either. Is cheating the only way to get started on Magical Crops if you're playing single-player? Or does that stuff show up elsewhere?

I enabled them in the config file and now I can kinda see why it was disabled. Find four yellorite ore, use essence dust from the essence seeds to make yellorium seeds, spend ten minutes raising their stats, and you now have an infinite fuel source that can keep up with the biggest reactors you can make. Make some coal seeds and you can make an elaborate big reactor like half an hour after starting the game.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Compact Machines are so cool you guys

Once a minute or so this one spits out a supreme pizza. Nothing goes into it. The external power line is totally unused, it powers itself on sugar and sewage from the milkin' cow.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mzbundifund posted:

Once a minute or so this one spits out a supreme pizza.
God bless America.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
OMP i is really really cool. I'm having tons of fun with it.

Had some weird stuff going on though. I had a couple crashes while hosting the game as lan (too lazy to set up my own server), but then someone downloaded the thing and couldn't join. Said something about mod rejections.

I reinstalled the thing (saved options.txt and world), and now it works great and doesn't crash any more and everyone can join fine again. I think updating the modpack a bunch somehow broke it? It's was really odd cause we all had the same versions of everything, yet the two new people couldn't join.

Also, meat ingots are the best food.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Mzbundifund posted:

Compact Machines are so cool you guys

Once a minute or so this one spits out a supreme pizza. Nothing goes into it. The external power line is totally unused, it powers itself on sugar and sewage from the milkin' cow.

I never heard of this mod and went to look it up because all the machines in your screenshot look like they came from other mods. Holy poo poo, compact machines lets you cram all of that into one block? Does that damage performance at all?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Wait wait so you have a block with more blocks inside it all bag of holding style? That's loving amazing and wonderful. I don't suppose there's a handy way to clone the block once it already has a machine setup in it? Also can I do recursion on that poo poo and have a magic block-with-more-blocks-inside-it inside such a magic block already?

EDIT: Can I put a tesseract inside this magical block?

chairface fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 25, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

chairface posted:

Wait wait so you have a block with more blocks inside it all bag of holding style? That's loving amazing and wonderful. I don't suppose there's a handy way to clone the block once it already has a machine setup in it? Also can I do recursion on that poo poo and have a magic block-with-more-blocks-inside-it inside such a magic block already?

EDIT: Can I put a tesseract inside this magical block?

Alright let's go through what you can do. They're basically a small dimension of their own. Since they are separate, you can't clone the block but you can do things like Quantum Entangle it so that two CompactMachine blocks go to the same space. You can stack CompactMachine's inside other CompactMachines, however.

Tesseracts are also allowed.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 25, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Did I read it right that they have their own chunk loader?

The only problem I had with them was a big between pocket dimensions and compact machines. If I had a compact machine inside a pocket dimension, upon return from the machine, I would fall through the floor of the pocket dimension and die, losing all my stuff.

It seemed like a fun way to play a semi-nomadic game right up until that point.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Just be aware that breaking the machine destroys the interior dimension, unless you put a nether star into them, which lets them be mined up and placed again. I haven't tried to move them using dollys, transposers, or other such shenanigans.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I never heard of this mod and went to look it up because all the machines in your screenshot look like they came from other mods. Holy poo poo, compact machines lets you cram all of that into one block? Does that damage performance at all?
No idea how handling the extra dimension is for the server, but not having the machinery in your actual base helps render performance a lot.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Did I read it right that they have their own chunk loader?
Settings lets you choose between always chunk loaded or loaded when the exterior is.

quote:

The only problem I had with them was a big between pocket dimensions and compact machines. If I had a compact machine inside a pocket dimension, upon return from the machine, I would fall through the floor of the pocket dimension and die, losing all my stuff.
That was fixed recently - it was caused by both Random Things and Compact Machines using super generic NBT values to store the return location so they overwrote eachother.

Mzbundifund posted:

Just be aware that breaking the machine destroys the interior dimension, unless you put a nether star into them, which lets them be mined up and placed again. I haven't tried to move them using dollys, transposers, or other such shenanigans.
Fortunately you can change the nether star to a more reasonable item

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
When I saw this in the Technic feed, I learned everything I needed to know about modpacks:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/nsp-fairytail.654111

quote:

Fairy Tail is a hit anime series still going on. It is an anime that foucses on magic, wizards, dragons, and all that good stuff. This modpack was desinged to put that all into Minecraft. I am a HUGE anime fan and I love doing things like this. This was a little side-project I decided to piece together. I am well aware of all the other Anime packs out there however, every modpack author adds their own flair into something.

It has more likes than Baby's First Space Race! :argh::arghfist:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You know what you have to do. Integrate Attack on Titan and a plotline of launching into space before the titans come and eat you! Sprinkle in references to the anime and the likes will come rolling in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Sage Grimm posted:

You know what you have to do. Integrate Attack on Titan and a plotline of launching into space before the titans come and eat you! Sprinkle in references to the anime and the likes will come rolling in.

All I know about Attack On Titan is some preview where somebody was screaming while riding a crotch rocket. Is there a crotch rocket mod?

Maybe we can take the Monster Girls mod and make a date sim mod pack.