Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

:awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
So, friday my wife finished her residency and is a proper doctor. We celebrated with the family friday night, and had the whole day yesterday to our selves. We ended up sleeping in and enjoying the calm without the kids around, visiting her brothers grave, eating a fancy dinner and (on her request) watching Fury Road.
Im so loving proud of the old girl, getting twins during your medical degree is pretty brutal, having you selfish husband go away and get cancer is probably even worse. She is the most hard core person i know when it comes to getting poo poo done.

I got her a decent watch, a pair of sneakers and a coupon for unlimited acsess to my body for experiments, practise and entertainment. As icing on the cake she was given an attending position at the ICU she has been posted the last two years.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

fjelltorsk posted:

so...my wife...
so loving....brutal.... She is the most hard core person i know

I got her a decent watch, a pair of sneakers and a coupon for unlimited acsess to my body for experiments, practise and entertainment.

:stare:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I'm in. I am so loving in. SHINY AND CHROME!!

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
What if, instead of a tire, there was a supercharger in that tag?

jamal fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 24, 2015

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

jamal posted:

Someone make it so!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I actually really like it as is, color pallette and such nailed the AI feel first shot in my opinion

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

So awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LEICA! LEICA! LEICA!

I might be forking over $750 for a Yamaha C3 on Monday!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
WHAT A DAY!

WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

So yeah I just saw Fury Road and holy loving poo poo, movie of the century.

This needs to happen

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

I am in for this 100,000%

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

jamal posted:

But then it wouldn't have a mud tire in it and that would be a terrible thing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

jamal posted:

We could have two versions?

WITNESS ME!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
So James Bond, Never Say Never Again AI-est Bond movie?

Yamaha 650 vs a goddamn Renault 5 Turbo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Whether it counts as a Bond movie depends on who you ask.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Mad max question:
To 3D or not?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

nm posted:

Mad max question:
To 3D or not?

Do it. I saw it in 3D and it was seriously rad. The 3D effects were really well used. I know a couple people here mentioned they missed out on some of the little details by seeing it in 3D but that may vary by theater?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

T1g4h posted:

Do it. I saw it in 3D and it was seriously rad. The 3D effects were really well used. I know a couple people here mentioned they missed out on some of the little details by seeing it in 3D but that may vary by theater?

Nah, it varies person to person. I don't like 3D movies because I noticed the same thing. My brain has to work overtime to correct for the 3D so there's less processing time to pick up on all the dialog. I saw Tron Legacy like 3 or 4 times, and the last time was in 3D so obviously I knew the movie pretty well at that point. I still noticed that I had missed some lines that I knew were there from previous viewings. Some people have no problem with 3D movies, but I find that the 3D effect is just distracting from the actual content of the movie and I don't get sucked in as well as I do in 2D.

I'm thinking of getting 2 pairs of 3D glasses and swapping the lenses so I can go to 3D movies (on the bigger screens / IMAX / whatever) but still watch it in 2D.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Raluek posted:

Nah, it varies person to person. I don't like 3D movies because I noticed the same thing. My brain has to work overtime to correct for the 3D so there's less processing time to pick up on all the dialog. I saw Tron Legacy like 3 or 4 times, and the last time was in 3D so obviously I knew the movie pretty well at that point, but I still noticed that I had missed some lines that I knew were there from previous viewings. Some people have no problem with 3D movies, but I find that they're just distracting from the actual content of the movie and I don't get sucked in as well as I do in 2D.

I'm thinking of getting 2 pairs of 3D glasses and swapping the lenses so I can go to 3D movies (on the bigger screens / IMAX / whatever) but still watch it in 2D.

Ah, fair enough. The only issue I had when I saw it was slightly muddled dialogue, but I think that might have just been due to my theater's less than stellar speakers. I will say, Mad Max was my first 3D movie and it sold me on the concept because when it's done properly, it's loving cool.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

nm posted:

Mad max question:
To 3D or not?

I always go for 2d myself. And after seeing it I don't regret the decision. Sure some parts would have been cool but it's not worth the hassle.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Lets assume I like 3d generally and there are good theatres around, but understand that some movies are better in 2d.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I saw both and it came down to whether or not the theater is a seperate theater with better sound. I did also notice a lot more details in the 2d, to be honest. The 3D wasn't bad, but my eyes are. Your mileage may vary.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

We joined the Catte clans today (Cos i cant find a Miniature long haired Dachshund ANYWHERE in Australia atm..)

Say hello to Issac. Pretty apt name considering how drat inquisitive he is. 7 months old shelter rescue who is great with dogs, so thats a bonus.

Already nearly pissed myself laughing watching a hyperactive cat on polished timber floorboards!

Catte status: Hyper-Uber-Mega overstimulated!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

nm posted:

Mad max question:
To 3D or not?

Yes.

(Either, just see it)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cat Terrist posted:

Yes.

(Either, just witness it)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

:killdozer: WHAT A DAY! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

I'm in.

Hey fjelltorsk, do you have the ability to do some cycling videos in...Finland (or was it Norway?) I'd love to see what other countries look like from the bike. I'll humbly add this, I've never made a gopro video before, but for indoor trainers this is someplace to start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c6nYD08G-s

Feel free to criticize, I'd like to make them better. I'm gonna do a group ride today with a chest mount.
e: ferremit, that's a cute-rear end catte

e2: I wonder if I can stick a gopro mount to the wind deflector on the miata and go be a hooligan...

OH HOLY poo poo! My parents said once their outback 3.6R hits 100,000 miles they're gonna give it to me. gently caress yes, bike wagon. The way they put miles on cars I don't have a long wait. This truly is a beautiful day

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 24, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Im so in for a gang tag too.

Do cats just purr 24/7? its like having a teeny tiny little V8 in the house at idle! How do you make a cat make a supercharger howl?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Ferremit posted:

Do cats just purr 24/7? its like having a teeny tiny little V8 in the house at idle! How do you make a cat make a supercharger howl?

I think these fellas may help you out... @5:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 24, 2015

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Just got back from Fury Road, what an insane movie. I'm going to rewatch it in my head now for a bit :)

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

jamal posted:

kastein posted:

But then it wouldn't have a mud tire in it and that would be a terrible thing.

The Apocalypse Sage of offroad Engine Swaps has spoken. Design your fate, Gas-Town traitor

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 24, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CharlesM posted:

I'm gonna see the movie Monday.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

fjelltorsk posted:

So, friday my wife finished her residency and is a proper doctor. We celebrated with the family friday night, and had the whole day yesterday to our selves. We ended up sleeping in and enjoying the calm without the kids around, visiting her brothers grave, eating a fancy dinner and (on her request) watching Fury Road.
Im so loving proud of the old girl, getting twins during your medical degree is pretty brutal, having you selfish husband go away and get cancer is probably even worse. She is the most hard core person i know when it comes to getting poo poo done.

I got her a decent watch, a pair of sneakers and a coupon for unlimited acsess to my body for experiments, practise and entertainment. As icing on the cake she was given an attending position at the ICU she has been posted the last two years.

Awesome. Very happy for yall

E: Couple of properly hot Swedish chicks on one of RO-ROs.

Tide fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 24, 2015

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Just upgraded from my Samsung S3 mini to a proper full size S5. Holy poo poo this phone is awesome.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Hell yes I'm in.

So we got this one, how do we get

Turns out replacing all the coolant and heating lines on the E30 is a loving pain in the rear end. I ended up just doing the coolant hoses on the front of the engine, the water pump and the radiator. Couldn't get the sensors removed from the thermostat either so that's staying in for now. Fill, flush, fill and test drive in a bit and hope things are all good.

Started watching the Netlfix Daredevil series, drat. 3/4 of the way through it, will finish it off this weekend.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

Mad max question:
To 3D or not?
2D, because I really, really dislike 3D, and every time someone pays to see a film in it, it encourages them to carry on doing it.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Ferremit posted:

Congrats on the new cat. IME shelter cats and rescued strays are great because they seem to know how much better life is in a new home versus what their life was like before. Cats will purr to soothe themselves when distressed or in pain, too, but it sounds like you've got a happy gato who really likes his new situation.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
There's nothing like a good swift kick to the balls on a 714 am Sunday morning. Got word that I am not likely to be promoted/get a raise like I had drat near been promised.

gently caress

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Hell yes I'm in.

So we got this one, how do we get

Turns out replacing all the coolant and heating lines on the E30 is a loving pain in the rear end. I ended up just doing the coolant hoses on the front of the engine, the water pump and the radiator. Couldn't get the sensors removed from the thermostat either so that's staying in for now. Fill, flush, fill and test drive in a bit and hope things are all good.

Started watching the Netlfix Daredevil series, drat. 3/4 of the way through it, will finish it off this weekend.

I started Daredevil yesterday while painting an interior wall. drat is right. Caught myself a few times just standing there with a brush or roller in hand watching. This is my new binge-watching fare.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tide posted:

There's nothing like a good swift kick to the balls on a 714 am Sunday morning. Got word that I am not likely to be promoted/get a raise like I had drat near been promised.

gently caress
I feel you. I did get a small raise a little while back, but there was an awful lot of bullshit around it, and the short answer is that apparently my "grade" only goes to 70% of what I should be paid. And which other people with similar qualifications at my site are paid. FFS. Even when you lay it out to HR as "well, here is what everyone in the industry pays, here is what the jobs people have come to me asking if I'm intersted will pay, here is what you yourselves are advertising a position at, and here is the guy you're paying at least 40% more than you say I rate" just gets you nowhere. They have been "going to look into it" for me for a few weeks now.

(Before the "well why don't you just leave?". I live ridiculously close to work, like it there, and my pay plus overtime makes it borderline enough to not be worth changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
I'm about a third of the way through 14 INCH's epic thread (still in the Civic era) I've decided that my Goony Dream Home will need to have a three-bay garage:
  • One zone for my Nissan HB to sit broken because I tried to fix something I have no business touching. Or the frame finally does what these frames do and I can part it out to those jackasses who drop them and do other horrible poo poo to them. Once that truck's gone, do it again with a 4x4 of the same vintage.
  • Another zone for an at-least-usually reliable DD. Current car lust = 90's Accord wagon.
  • Third zone for a parts vehicle for either of the above. AKA spider nursery.

• Locked thread