Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Please die another way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outy
Aug 27, 2004

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

Sorry boys just a couple more quick questions. Which sites have Belfort winning at 6.87? The only Australian place I could find that takes bets on MMA was sportsbet which had it listed at 4.75. & what reason would they have for not falling in line with what I'm guessing are the offical/U.S/Vegas odds?
The odds increase if you're betting that Vitor will get the finish rather than just winning outright.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

Please die another way

Based on prior experience it'll probably be a jealous husband

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

We need Jase in here to throw a few bucks on Vitor.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Ty1990 posted:

I'm going to toss some of my Mayweather money on this card. I haven't had a chance to watch weigh ins though, and I don't bet without seeing those.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

fatherdog posted:

If I ever die in a horrible accident I'm leaving a will that says bundt becomes PSP mod

Only if Duncan is some kind of co-mod. It's like instead of Good Cop - Bad Cop we would have Angriest Ever Mod - Funniest Poster Ever Mod. It would be a good Yin and Yang.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Cormier by decision at +290, might be one of the best props in a while.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

The Duck of Death posted:

it isn't bad but if Rumble does get flustered in the earlier rounds and gasses by the 4th or 5th I wouldn't be surprise to see Cormier get a late TKO stoppage. He might even get another late RNC like he did in the Hendo fight and join the ranks of Clementi - Koscheck - Vitor.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Rumble looked gassed as gently caress awhile back in that Arlovski fight. His gas tank may be questionable so yeah I figure if it goes to championship rounds there's going to be a Cormier stoppage there.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

The Duck of Death posted:

Thats a pretty cool bet. im not gonna bet on it but it is interesting

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Gross Weidman is down to -380 from -500. It probably means nothing but I don't like to see the line change that drastically in a short span.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

It's probably because of the testosterone stuff. Mark Hunt was briefly the underdog against Nelson when sites started reporting bogus rumors about his weight cut.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Lot of Brazilians putting in bets too probably

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Lot of Brazilians putting in bets too probably

yep

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh man this is exciting stuff. Good luck to everyone tonight.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Ty1990 posted:

I took a guy for a grand at the pool table last night and it's been awhile so here you go.

$1000 to win $4500 on Vitor Belfort.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
This is the best thread

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Best thread on the forums

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

jase1 posted:

I took a guy for a grand at the pool table last night and it's been awhile so here you go.

Thank you

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
First no TRT, now this? Vitor is doomed.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

jase1 posted:

I just started rooting for Vitor because of you. The greatest sport.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

jase1 posted:

good luck to you, you are perfect

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

on the one hand seek help but on the other hand don't

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jase1 posted:

lol drat

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
On the one hand I kind of want to goldmine this thead, but on the other it never stops delivering

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

On the one hand I kind of want to goldmine this thead, but on the other it never stops delivering

you can goldmine this thread at UFC 200 where I'm sure a ton of dumb bets will be placed, and then we can begin anew.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

$50 each on Belfort and DC.

Let's go do this.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Viper_3000 posted:

$50 each on Belfort and DC.

Let's go do this.

loving Vitor.

Another $20 on DC in the distance. +328

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Viper_3000 posted:

loving Vitor.

We're with you brother

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't

jase1 posted:

I love you jase

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Viper_3000 posted:

loving Vitor.

Where did you get +328? I only got +290 which I thought was good.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

jabro posted:

Where did you get +328? I only got +290 which I thought was good.

5dimes. About 5 minutes before the fight started.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

jase1 posted:

You are the best jase.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
It's great because we have no idea if he's really making these bets but we all still believe.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

origami posted:

It's great because we have no idea if he's really making these bets but we all still believe.

i think he used to post slips every time so everyone just trusts him now

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Remora posted:

on the one hand seek help but on the other hand don't

A man who makes these kinds of wagers for this many years can usually afford it OR is in a different income bracket than the rest of us.

If I'm correct Jase does well in the rest of his gambling habit. Well enough to be a Godsend to us at least.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Jase is funny but he can afford the comedy. The real highlight of the mma gambling thread was the guy who bet 'more than he could afford to lose' on the undertaker during one of the pro wrestling extravaganzas. I still laugh about that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

Jase is funny but he can afford the comedy. The real highlight of the mma gambling thread was the guy who bet 'more than he could afford to lose' on the undertaker during one of the pro wrestling extravaganzas. I still laugh about that.

That was fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
just from quickly skimming his posts in the thread and adding it up Jase is up about $500 or $600 lifetime betting on UFC (assuming he wasnt lying about his bets) so that goes to show the confirmation bias going into thinking that he always loses and its hilarious. Yes you will lose more often than not when you bet on underdogs, yes sportsbetting is a losing proposition long run for the most part, but not for the reason "MMA is unpredictable and you lose sometimes" or whatever people seem to think

It was funny when everyone bet on Coleman though.