Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

PT6A posted:

Okay, Jack then. Who gives a gently caress?

you tell me, gay devil

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

how long will it take for the neofeudalist gop crowd do die out

why is it taking so long

I am not looking forward to the next wave of Joe Rogan/libertarian/vaping atheist conservatives.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
better than christians though, maybe slightly less inclined to touching children

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

XMNN posted:

better than christians though, maybe slightly less inclined to touching children

Would you rather leave your children with an elderly Christian couple or a vaping atheist? It can go wrong a lot of ways.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

XMNN posted:

Normal people still believe in god?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
im gonna leave em with huckabee and jim bob obv because the atheist might teach them about communism and homosexuality

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Agag posted:

Would you rather leave your children with an elderly Christian couple or a vaping atheist? It can go wrong a lot of ways.

elderly compound snake handling tongues speaking christian couple with five eneducated retarded kids who always vote vs some guy?

is this really a question?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Boo This Man posted:

Normal people still believe in god?
I dont believe you

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

elderly compound snake handling tongues speaking christian couple with five eneducated retarded kids who always vote vs some guy?

is this really a question?

But what if he's an SA mod?

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

this is pretty much the worst possible advice someone could ever give

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

calusari posted:

this is pretty much the worst possible advice someone could ever give

I'm not even seeing the advice, what's it telling the mother of diddled children to do?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
How long until the guy from sister wives is outed? Or any of the older siblings?

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Wulfolme posted:

I'm not even seeing the advice, what's it telling the mother of diddled children to do?

Gently ask her husband to stop diddling their children and confess his sin to God, lol

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

how long will it take for the neofeudalist gop crowd do die out

why is it taking so long

I've seen you post about how we're being conditioned to become an underclass of wage slaves and occupants of body bags from foreign wars that are started at the behest of the rich. I fully agree with that, but I also feel like it really won't matter in the long run.

Capital and material wealth doesn't matter one bit when all the fresh water starts running out due to fracking, desertification, drought, and global warming. In the beginning there will be mass migrations, food and water riots, and die offs of mass proportions of both people, plants, and livestock.

The rich will probably be spared from these initial stages as they'll be able to hole up in compounds, both underground and above, and stockpile the remaining water. They'll be able to go north or far far south as the methane in the permafrost in Siberia and the arctic ocean starts to unfreeze and begin a feedback loop that will drown the coasts and islands of the world and raise the temperature to a level not seen since 252,000,000 years ago during the Permian extinction. The rich and the ruling class with go further and further to the poles, holding down what little vestige of civilization there might be.

But does it really matter that you used to be worth 6.8 billion dollars when the desalination technology starts failing, sea life becomes more and more scarce, red algae becomes the dominate life form on the planet, and that your daddy's daddy was a Walton, or a Koch, or a Rockefeller? You're sitting in your little floating habitat, with people who, like you, need to eat and there are more of them than there are of you and you begin to grow weary when the smaller and smaller fish they serve you each night comes with a linoleum knife stuck in its head.

This is also discounting that during all the wars and die offs that nuclear weapons aren't used to try and secure resources, arable land, or just plane spite any future survivors that might try and eek out a basic existence at the poles.

200 years and the rich will be dealt with, along with the rest of humanity. Good riddance.

But most of the GOP base will be dead in 100. Cause Jesus don't give a poo poo about thermodynamics. So there's that to look forward to!

TNG fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 25, 2015

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wulfolme posted:

"please dont gently caress our kids"

then ask his mom to to ask him to not gently caress the kids

then the pastor

then he just does whatever i guess.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

TNG posted:

I've seen you post about how we're being conditioned to become an underclass of wage slaves and occupants of body bags from foreign wars that are started at the behest of the rich. I fully agree with that, but I also feel like it really won't matter in the long run.

Capital and material wealth doesn't matter one bit when all the fresh water starts running out due to fracking, desertification, drought, and global warming. In the beginning there will be mass migrations, food and water riots, and die offs of mass proportions of both people, plants, and livestock.

The rich will probably be spared from these initial stages as they'll be able to hole up in compounds, both underground and above, and stockpile the remaining water. They'll be able to go north or far far south as the methane in the permafrost in Siberia and the arctic ocean starts to unfreeze and begin a feedback loop that will drown the coasts and islands of the world and raise the temperature to a level not seen since 170,000,000 years ago during the Permian extinction. The rich and the ruling class with go further and further to the poles, holding down what little vestige of civilization there might be.

But does it really matter that you used to be worth 6.8 billion dollars when the desalination technology starts failing, sea life becomes more and more scarce, red algae becomes the dominate life form on the planet, and that your daddy's daddy was a Walton, or a Koch, or a Rockefeller? You're sitting in your little floating habitat, with people who like you need to eat and there are more of them than there are of you and you begin to grow weary when the smaller and smaller fish they serve you each night comes with a linoleum knife stuck in its head.

This is also discounting that during all the wars and die offs that nuclear weapons aren't used to try and secure resources, arable land, or just plane spite any future survivors that might try and eek out a basic existence at the poles.

200 years and the rich will be dealt with, along with the rest of humanity. Good riddance.

But most of the GOP base will be dead in 100. Cause Jesus don't give a poo poo about thermodynamics. So there's that to look forward to!

Hail Malthus!

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

PenguinBob posted:

Gently ask her husband to stop diddling their children and confess his sin to God, lol

Actually it tells her that it should be brought to the church so that he be kicked out of the church until he repents, and also that law enforcement officers are ministers of the church whose duty is to praise the good and inflict punishment on the terrible ie that she should also go to the police and let the law deal with him.

To be fair you have to be pretty steeped in churchspeak to get all that, these guys are worse than lawyers when it comes to impenetrable language.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

shiksa posted:

"please dont gently caress our kids"

then ask his mom to to ask him to not gently caress the kids

then the pastor

then he just does whatever i guess.

god'll fix it if something's wrong so just read the bible for a bit i guess

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

TNG posted:

The rich will probably be spared from these initial stages as they'll be able to hole up in compounds, both underground and above, and stockpile the remaining water. They'll be able to go north or far far south as the methane in the permafrost in Siberia and the arctic ocean starts to unfreeze and begin a feedback loop that will drown the coasts and islands of the world and raise the temperature to a level not seen since 170,000,000 years ago during the Permian extinction. The rich and the ruling class with go further and further to the poles, holding down what little vestige of civilization there might be.

But does it really matter that you used to be worth 6.8 billion dollars when the desalination technology starts failing, sea life becomes more and more scarce, red algae becomes the dominate life form on the planet, and that your daddy's daddy was a Walton, or a Koch, or a Rockefeller? You're sitting in your little floating habitat, with people who, like you, need to eat and there are more of them than there are of you and you begin to grow weary when the smaller and smaller fish they serve you each night comes with a linoleum knife stuck in its head.

this is relevent. First time i heard of it was in 2009

now its a thing

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-new-water-barons-wall-street-mega-banks-are-buying-up-the-worlds-water/5383274

Same with Potash

http://thediplomat.com/2013/08/the-great-potash-power-play/

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

platedlizard posted:

Actually it tells her that it should be brought to the church so that he be kicked out of the church until he repents, and also that law enforcement officers are ministers of the church whose duty is to praise the good and inflict punishment on the terrible ie that she should also go to the police and let the law deal with him.

To be fair you have to be pretty steeped in churchspeak to get all that, these guys are worse than lawyers when it comes to impenetrable language.

it was pretty easy to understand to me

i just dont understand what is the time lapse between step 1 and 4 same day? 1 week?
'
like is there a rape 3 strike rule and a good ol boy cop stops by for a chat or

call cps or 911?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Huckabee's FB page is in damage control mode.
They cant delete the posts so are commenting and liking on well wisher ones so they replace the recent most posts.

Who knew a vagina fondling years ago would have killed a presidential nomination.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

happyhippy posted:

They cant delete the posts so are commenting and liking on well wisher ones so they replace the recent most posts.

Who knew a vagina fondling years ago would have killed a presidential nomination.

dude probably has way worse poo poo in his closet just by his rotund human being son alone and the fact that he bullied a judge

that rear end in a top hat does not deserve to be anywhere near the presidency

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

it was pretty easy to understand to me

i just dont understand what is the time lapse between step 1 and 4 same day? 1 week?
'
like is there a rape 3 strike rule and a good ol boy cop stops by for a chat or

call cps or 911?

Why give a mother in a vulnerable position a specific timeframe or detailed instructions?

This way there's still plenty of opportunities for the woman to be in the wrong or shoulder some blame for her failures.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Top City Homo posted:

dude probably has way worse poo poo in his closet just by his rotund human being son alone and the fact that he bullied a judge

that rear end in a top hat does not deserve to be anywhere near the presidency

the good news is he was unelectable before it turned out he covered for his buddy's chimo son

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Broenheim posted:

god'll fix it if something's wrong so just read the bible for a bit i guess

This was the thing that always pissed me off the most about the Duggars. My ex-girlfriend and I used to watch the show for the bizarro train-wreck value a couple of years ago, and Jim-Bob and Michelle sometimes answered questions the production crew filmed out in GODLESS AMERICA. One of them was about having 18 or whatever kids at the time and if they felt that was responsible in light of overpopulation and mass starvation out in the world. Jim Bob gave the smarmiest Republican bullshit answer about there being plenty of land to live on and that having his entire brood was something everyone could do.

But his existence is supported by a system of largess from corrupt Arkansas politics, handouts from rubes, huckster used car salesmanship, and the goddamn reality TV show. The support infrastructure for a Duggar like family doesn't exist for everyone else, let alone 5+ kids. And yet, you sit there with your ravenous horde of victims and rapists and feel confident your lifestyle choices aren't loving with having decent living conditions for everyone else. gently caress you Jim Bob, and gently caress your Jesus based Nothing bad will ever happen due to all this excess because Bible philosophy.

Oh hell yeah man, the Rich already know about how everything's doomed. It's just triage until the end comes for them too. Although I suspect some of them are arrogant and stupid enough to believe they and their descendants will last far into the future.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/super-rich-doomsday-shelter_n_1417895.html

Check this out.

TNG fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 24, 2015

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Huckabee vs the Trolls of the Internet. And it could not happen to a better person.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Do It Once Right posted:

Why give a mother in a vulnerable position a specific timeframe or detailed instructions?

This way there's still plenty of opportunities for the woman to be in the wrong or shoulder some blame for her failures.

right

set them up for failure like they do with the poor

the system works

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Former President George H.W. Bush’s Family Bought 300,000 Acres on South America’s and World’s Largest Aquifer, Acuifero Guaraní

In my 2008 article, I overlooked the astonishingly large land purchases (298,840 acres, to be exact) by the Bush family in 2005 and 2006. In 2006, while on a trip to Paraguay for the United Nation’s children’s group UNICEF, Jenna Bush (daughter of former President George W. Bush and granddaughter of former President George H.W. Bush) reportedly bought 98,840 acres of land in Chaco, Paraguay, near the Triple Frontier (Bolivia, Brazil, and Paraguay). This land is said to be near the 200,000 acres purchased by her grandfather, George H.W. Bush, in 2005.

The lands purchased by the Bush family sit over not only South America’s largest aquifer — but the world’s as well — Acuifero Guaraní, which runs beneath Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay. This aquifer is larger than Texas and California combined.

Online political magazine Counterpunch quoted Argentinean pacifist Adolfo Perez Esquivel, the winner of 1981 Nobel Peace Prize, who “warned that the real war will be fought not for oil, but for water, and recalled that Acuifero Guaraní is one of the largest underground water reserves in South America….”

According to Wikipedia, this aquifer covers 1,200,000 km², with a volume of about 40,000 km³, a thickness of between 50 m and 800 m and a maximum depth of about 1,800 m. It is estimated to contain about 37,000 km³ of water (arguably the largest single body of groundwater in the world, although the overall volume of the constituent parts of the Great Artesian Basin is much larger), with a total recharge rate of about 166 km³/year from precipitation. It is said that this vast underground reservoir could supply fresh drinking water to the world for 200 years.

loving lol

it never ends he will fund more duggars as we die of thirst

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

TNG posted:

Your timeframe is far too short. It took a million years for the Permian-Triassic extinction to take place even with the entirety of Siberia being one giant volcano in a non-stop eruption.

E: Also the extinction was 252 million years ago. :eng101:

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 24, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This place is Team Duggar

https://www.facebook.com/TeamDuggar?hc_location=ufi

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Woolie Wool posted:

Your timeframe is far too short. It took a million years for the Permian-Triassic extinction to take place even with the entirety of Siberia being one giant volcano in a non-stop eruption.

E: Also the extinction was 252 million years ago. :eng101:

Whoops, my mistake. I dunno how 30 billion tons of CO2 per year compares to a super volcano's constant expelling of hydrogen sulfide over hundreds of thousands of years, but I suspect that it isn't going to be a good idea to keep pumping it into the atmosphere in ever increasing quantities. I live in the Southwest, and by most estimates I've seen we're not going to have snow pack in 20 years. Most of the aquifers in the country are either running out or being ruined by Fracking processes. We're going to run out of water very soon, and it's only going to get worse. It will get hotter and land will become scarcer.

You're probably right that my time frame is off, but I think that our environment will make it very difficult for anything approaching a "western" standard of living for anyone very soon.

TNG fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 25, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Josh Duggar's confession is a product of the liberal media.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

TNG posted:

Whoops, my mistake. I dunno how 30 billion tons of CO2 per year compares to a super volcano's constant expelling of hydrogen sulfide over hundreds of thousands of years, but I suspect that it isn't going to be a good idea to keep pumping it into the atmosphere in ever increasing quantities. I live in the Southwest, and by most estimates I've seen we're not going to have snow pack in 20 years. Most of the aquifers in the country are either running out or being ruined by Fracking processes. We're going to run out of water very soon, and it's only going to get worse. It will get hotter and land will become scarcer.

You're probably right that my time frame is off, but I think that our environment will make it very difficult for anything approaching a "western" standard of living for anyone very soon.

Yeah, things are going to get worse, but things like the melting of the Antarctic ice cap or the horrific deoxygenation that happened on Earth in the early Triassic take a long time to happen. And I disagree that the rich will be able to keep running away until humanity is all but extinct. Even the 1% need food and land on which to grow food, and labor with which to produce the food. Robotics aren't a magic bullet, certainly not in the foreseeable future, and they won't help at all if people keep blowing up all your robots. Those people who rented luxury condos at the bottom of a missile silo may wake up one day to find chlorine gas spreading through the ventilation system.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TNG posted:

Josh Duggar's confession is a product of the liberal media.

False flag

There was a second molester

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Woolie Wool posted:

Yeah, things are going to get worse, but things like the melting of the Antarctic ice cap or the horrific deoxygenation that happened on Earth in the early Triassic take a long time to happen. And I disagree that the rich will be able to keep running away until humanity is all but extinct. Even the 1% need food and land on which to grow food, and labor with which to produce the food. Robotics aren't a magic bullet, certainly not in the foreseeable future, and they won't help at all if people keep blowing up all your robots. Those people who rented luxury condos at the bottom of a missile silo may wake up one day to find chlorine gas spreading through the ventilation system.

A bunch of lazy, low IQ billionaire scions will colonize the asteroid belt after asteroid mining takes off and we get the infrastructure. It'll be an evolutionary bottleneck that'll select for inbred, classist dumbshits

Imagine a collar popped around the neck of humanity forever

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Hahahaha, they wish they could do that.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Well, there's also several factors the Permian didn't have to deal with either such as deforestation and quick desertification due to top soil erosion brought about by trying to convert land into grazing land for cattle. Poisoned oceans and the abrupt die off of most coral populations. Literal rivers of pollution destroying any and all living things around it. I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but I suppose I should say that I didn't mean we'd cause Permian Extinction 2.0 but rather we'd be the start of our own terrible and awful extinction event, high temperatures and uninhabitable land and all, that will render most of the planet not really able to sustain 100 thousand humans let alone 7 billion. I'm sorry I wasn't being as clear as I wanted to be.

Support systems all over the planet from the oceans to the upper atmosphere are being torn apart, and it's all going quite quickly.

Greed drives humanity in a lot of ways, and as monetary exchanges give way to material goods which in turn give way to basic necessities like food and water, who knows the lengths people will go to to serve those with a lot of "what matters". Look at the Alice Walton thread for examples. I think the rich have the best chance to last not because of access to robotics or anything like that, but because privilege is something that's been with humanity since the very beginning of civilization. Looping it back round to exploiting religion to get away with being a parasite, ie the Duggars and most of the GOP establishment, archeologists have found evidence of pre Egytian temple structures that show that the priest classes were brought food by the working classes while they communed with the gods(ie did nothing)all day. Disaster changes this, certainly, but privilege doesn't go away, it just changes hands. Those that control resources and have means right now will be at an advantage. I don't think they'll be at the level of what we're currently subjected to today, but they'll certainly be better off than some Real Americans who are listening to whatever the Fox News of the next 40 years is while their front porch gets subsumed by the encroaching ocean.

TNG fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The children might be listening to Fox News but the father will be in what used to be a third world country as an American soldier participating in the genocide of the indigenous population and the plunder of the area's remaining natural resources.

Then the ships from the US stop coming and he's left behind to fend for himself in a ruined land that grows ever more incompatible with human life by the year.

• Locked thread