Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Shanakin posted:

Now so I can actually contribute something of my own, I rather like Asiina's case against DGK, so I went over day 1 again and other the thing that stood out to me was the kind of awkward passive antagonism between bowmore and WVM, that Kleedrac picked up on, but fizzled into the background as soon as DC showed. That could just be because there wasn't a whole lot of substance to go on at that point but it felt kind of hollow even then.

There is the whole bowmore lied thing, but that felt kind of overblown. I didn't really like the way

I'm tossing up between DKG and bowmore, but my gut says Bowmore so that's what I'm going to go with.

##Vote Bowmore

Can you elaborate on this. You think bowmore is scum, so do you think WWM is scum with bowmore, or does their antagonism mean you think WWM is town?

If the bowmore lying thing was overblown do you think the people who were focusing on it are scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you elaborate on this. You think bowmore is scum, so do you think WWM is scum with bowmore, or does their antagonism mean you think WWM is town?

If the bowmore lying thing was overblown do you think the people who were focusing on it are scum?

I'm heading out to the doctor but I'll try and phone post an answer for you in a bit.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

DGK2000 posted:

Poque posted:

he's not frantic. that's a mischaracterization intended to paint him as something he's not. Like when you say "calm down" to your friend who isn't actually mad because you want him to get madder ##vote Dead Cow
I'm in agreeance. His self-vote wasn't weird, and he sure as poo poo wasn't frantic.

##vote Dead Cow

DGK2000 posted:

##Vote Poque

Serious vote. His posts are feeling like buddying up, and his last post feels forced as gently caress.

Bit of incongruity here - these posts are separated by 10 hours.

And for the record, *this* is the post that supposedly broke the camel's back:

Poque posted:

I was 100% going to say this if you had come back with anything else hahahaha

I also laughed, DGK - is my laughter forced as well?

Shanakin is new scum, I'd much rather lynch DGK who I perceive as more of a threat.

##vote DGK

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Shanakin how many games have you played?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I never edited that post, that's odd

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also I just woke up, it's been a long night

how come you guys are letting Dead Cow off on that no lynch?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Quandary posted:

None, but I'm getting a really serious new scum vibe out of his posts. His latest "content" post (1) throws a lot of names around without making any real commitments, like he feels obligated to talk about them. His attempt to use the post edit as a case (2) is excessive even for a new player and I find posting about being unable to post almost always to be a scum stalling tactic.

Not going to vote him yet because I'm still processing information, but he's definitely a suspicious character.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I think DGK is the better vote here.

Also I don't think we should forget about Dead Cow. People moving off of someone around deadline and then never coming back to them makes me very suspicious.
I agree with Asiina here

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Shanakin posted:

I probably should have stuck to it too in retrospect, the time limit was up, and a lynch would have been an improvement as mentioned - hell we may even still have had our doctor.

Shanakin posted:

poo poo how'd I miss that. That cements my feelings for Bowmore.

Yeah posts like these are newbie scum 101. Very happy with my vote on shanakin, though I'd switch to dgk or meinberg or DC I guess if that's the way the wind pushes.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

Well not sure if it's an improvement for my case but I actually unvoted you, or at least tried to, and then went get some food and to bake pastries for the afore mentioned eurovision party distraction, forgot the deadline, and didn't make it back to vote before nightfall like I intended to. Do votes need to be bolded for the machine? Seems like it must be.

Gonna point out that he BURNT the pastries as well, thus we didn't have any for the party.

Though he made up for it by bringing brioche from the shops. If you guys want a good reason to lynch Shanakin, burning pastries for our Eurovision party is a pretty important one.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Bowmore how do you feel about dgk and shanakin?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Gridlocked posted:

Gonna point out that he BURNT the pastries as well, thus we didn't have any for the party.

Though he made up for it by bringing brioche from the shops. If you guys want a good reason to lynch Shanakin, burning pastries for our Eurovision party is a pretty important one.

What is your opinion of Shanakin's content in the game?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Thata kinda irrelevant obviously, I mean he did burn the pastries.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quandary posted:

Sorry, my bad.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quandary posted:

Bowmore how do you feel about dgk and shanakin?
I think the way DGK was agreeing with DC about me and then flipped into the DC lynch like it ain't no thang was scummy as poo poo

haven't paid much attention yo shanakin, will read

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
on that note ##vote DGK

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
Oh believe me I haven't forgotten about Dead Cow, I find it very suspicious about the no lynch.

What I find more suspicious: DGK unvotes Dead Cow "to eat", continues to post, and proceeds to not vote her or anyone else for the rest of D1.

Oh cute, you know who else was around, could have helped lynch Dead Cow, but unvoted because of "patterns"?

Shanakin posted:

Huh. Lynching Lurkers was a thing last time I played, but as I said that was ages ago on a different website. Do we not learn their identity and so on after they are killed here?

I'll ##unvote and come read the thread again after some food.

DGK, Dead Cow, Shanakin scum team.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Please do not link lynches before a flip occurs it literally never works well

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Quandary posted:

I used to play often about 8 years ago on another Site in high school. I'm familiar with the general process but definitely out of practice and there's been some differences in terminology I'm noticing. Also the voting machine is magical.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Quandary posted:

But seriously his content so far doesn't strike me as odd. However I can vouch for him telling the truth about his day 1 voting; we were together most of that day, he did actually attempt to cook pastries and when he should have made his vote instead of reminding him we ended up playing a match of Bloodbowl; during which he went "Oh poo poo I forgot to vote" when I asked had he done so yet. He ain't lying; he plain lost track of time and forgot to do it on time.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

But seriously his content so far doesn't strike me as odd. However I can vouch for him telling the truth about his day 1 voting; we were together most of that day, he did actually attempt to cook pastries and when he should have made his vote instead of reminding him we ended up playing a match of Bloodbowl; during which he went "Oh poo poo I forgot to vote" when I asked had he done so yet. He ain't lying; he plain lost track of time and forgot to do it on time.
ok then

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

What I find more suspicious: DGK unvotes Dead Cow "to eat", continues to post, and proceeds to not vote her or anyone else for the rest of D1.

It's actually worse than that. He comes back when the deadline is floating and votes Meinberg for reasons he already dismissed as not an issue with Meinberg earlier in the day.

DGK2000 posted:

I'm pretty tired, and I feel that Meinberg's "Welp vote DC because I can't articulate a reason despite there being many posts from her" is lovely and kinda scummy.

##vote Meinberg

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Town:
QPQ
Fiery_valk
Quandary
me
Gridlocked (gut call)
Asiina

unsure
Grandicap
Meinberg
bowmore

DC/DGK/Shanakin.

Everyone needs to re-read these three. It felt like a concerted effort on the part of DGK and Shan to pull votes off DC.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
DGK is a good lynch

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I am not sure about wwm to be honest, suspicious maybe but he's riding on the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Dead cow was the main antagonist about the lying. Liars die and all that. I didn't notice bowmore's edit initially, but after it was pointed out I'm starting to think it might be more valid than I initially thought. So it has cast some doubt on the negative feelings I had against DC.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I am actually also kinda confused by bowmores edit, posts definitely don't just edit themselves.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't edit it, I swear

unless it was a butt edit

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Apparently my vote didn't go through into the machine so I will do it again.

##vote DKG

If I had to guess the scum I think it's him and bowmore. DKG was very quick to flip his votes around and poo poo as previously mentioned in this post my Asiina. bowmore just gives off a suspicious vibe, like he wants a finger in every pie.

While I don't like getting the newbie poster, bandwagoning baddie; I will accept it because due to my lack of experience in this game I know I am defaulting to other people's investigations rather than my own. But I don't really know what exactly to look for.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Town:
QPQ
Fiery_valk
Quandary
me
Gridlocked (gut call)
Asiina

unsure
Grandicap
Meinberg
bowmore

DC/DGK/Shanakin.

Everyone needs to re-read these three. It felt like a concerted effort on the part of DGK and Shan to pull votes off DC.

I'm honestly pretty happy to vote for either dkg or DC, although my suspicion on DC is lessened in seeing the edit,which favours her arguments.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Oh believe me I haven't forgotten about Dead Cow, I find it very suspicious about the no lynch.

Oh cute, you know who else was around, could have helped lynch Dead Cow, but unvoted because of "patterns"?

DGK, Dead Cow, Shanakin scum team.

Bold part is absolutely untrue.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Hey can we just lynch me already to town can finish losing this game? Thanks.

##vote DGK.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I think Quandary is wasting a vote in voting for Shanakin. As he and I learnt earlier, attempting to hold out to the end is cool and all but getting distracted can ruin it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

P.S. Asiina is absolutely scum.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DGK2000 posted:

##vote DGK.

I don't think this behaviour helps much.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Although I maintain my accusations of suspicion, I did agree on the case against DGK. Grid has convinced me to vote against DGK.

##VOTE DGK

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

I don't think this behaviour helps much.

I think you have enough discussion to decide if Im scum or not. And if you're saying this, you don't actually believe I'm scum.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I still think it's bowmore and wwm, and I'd agree with wwm saying Shanakin is newbie scum.

fv is off the hook for now

##vote Shanakin

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

DGK2000 posted:

##vote DGK.

Don't do that, man. Give people a reason to not believe you are scum. Give me reads, thoughts, anything.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

Don't do that, man. Give people a reason to not believe you are scum. Give me reads, thoughts, anything.
this is exactly the response self voting scum want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I've been scum in numerous games with N1 swaps, and it's always a scum who replaces out. The fact that I was on poque and then Asiina and asiina came out swinging is enough for me.

• Locked thread