Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

And I had been saying this over and over when SOME PEOPLE didn't vote me

like you
you're one to talk

I did vote for you. Hell I even said I was voting for you because I'd rather get a D1 lynch and some information then no lynch and no information. I even said I'm sorry if you are a townie and you're getting D1 lynched because of that desire for information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It is still holiday weekend and I am only reading in the barest of senses, but there are more votes than I am comfortable with flying at DGK. This is a terrible idea with a flipped doc already, but.

I am a Cop.
N1 I investigated DGK and got a TOWN result.

I planned on making a case somewhere else after holiday weekend ended and moved the thread off of DGK with my fabulous mafia abilities, but since I am only going to be around in the barest of senses I think there would have been a good chance he would have been lynched before I got around to it. So, I'm taking the easy way out and claiming. Please look elsewhere.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dont know that I would call someone scum just for that reason, but it's reasonable to expect to get more opinions from her.

Asiina, can you give us some thoughts on other players. What do you think of bowmore? Shanakin?

I think bowmore is someone who isn't really paying a whole lot of attention, but I don't see that as a scumtell for him. I feel like the Shanakin case is pretty shaky. Yes he (she?) was one of the people who didn't vote for DC at the end of the day, and that is suspicious, but I'll take Shanakin and Gridlocked at their word that Shanakin forgot deadline. The rest looks like typical newbie awkwardness and is generally null. With a gun to my head I'd vote Shanakin, but I think there are much better votes out there currently.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
welp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think i'll go back to Dead Cow or look at Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

because she is doing that air of superiority thing she does, and then getting over-defensive and over explains when people question her on it

Because you said a thing that didn't make sense!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it totally made sense to me though :p

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Asiina posted:

I think bowmore is someone who isn't really paying a whole lot of attention, but I don't see that as a scumtell for him. I feel like the Shanakin case is pretty shaky. Yes he (she?) was one of the people who didn't vote for DC at the end of the day, and that is suspicious, but I'll take Shanakin and Gridlocked at their word that Shanakin forgot deadline. The rest looks like typical newbie awkwardness and is generally null. With a gun to my head I'd vote Shanakin, but I think there are much better votes out there currently.

In my mind it's not that Shanakin forget the deadline, its that she pulled her vote off onto a lurker just as the vote was getting close. Why do that, even if you're planning on coming back for the deadline? It's blatant looking to make a case but not looking to get a lynch. Beyond that, Shanakin has a few posts that are just newbie scum 101.

Also lol at cop claim

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Gridlocked posted:

I did vote for you. Hell I even said I was voting for you because I'd rather get a D1 lynch and some information then no lynch and no information. I even said I'm sorry if you are a townie and you're getting D1 lynched because of that desire for information.

Apologies, I was looking at the last posted vote count, not your posts.

Ecco didn't post a vote count at the end of the day JERK

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Grandicap posted:

I am a Cop.

I planned on making a case somewhere else after holiday weekend ended and moved the thread off of DGK with my fabulous mafia abilities, but since I am only going to be around in the barest of senses I think there would have been a good chance he would have been lynched before I got around to it. So, I'm taking the easy way out and claiming. Please look elsewhere.

Ok so this is a legit newbie question now:

Is anyone allowed to lie about being a special class like that AND say "Because of this I investigated X and god X result"?

Like could Grandi be lying about this or by the rules of the game is this forced truths?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Quandary posted:

In my mind it's not that Shanakin forget the deadline, its that she pulled her vote off onto a lurker just as the vote was getting close. Why do that, even if you're planning on coming back for the deadline? It's blatant looking to make a case but not looking to get a lynch. Beyond that, Shanakin has a few posts that are just newbie scum 101.

Also lol at cop claim

Shan's a guy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't even want to believe that result, since DGK has been acting so shifty.

##unvote

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Gridlocked posted:

Is anyone allowed to lie about being a special class like that AND say "Because of this I investigated X and god X result"?

Like could Grandi be lying about this or by the rules of the game is this forced truths?

Yeah, you can fake claim. Some mods will give scum fake claims, some won't.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I'm a cop and I investigated you and got ELMO!

bwahaha

but seriously, grandi could be lying but probably isn't.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

No he could be lying, but it's a risky lie since then the real cop could come out and say he's lying.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Asiina posted:

I don't even want to believe that result, since DGK has been acting so shifty.

##unvote

It took many games before people realize that's how I play.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

It's a probably not lying because it's not even a good lie.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Godfathers exist too.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

Godfathers exist too.

Oooh, good point. Better keep tunneling on me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

Oooh, good point. Better keep tunneling on me.

Get hosed.

1) That was for the new player.

2) I already unvoted you dumbass.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

I'm a cop and I investigated you and got ELMO!

bwahaha

but seriously, grandi could be lying but probably isn't.

Is Elmo down to become a recurring joke?

Also how can you not trust a guy with a Ghandi avatar? He has to be a good person.

##unvote

Sorry DGK.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I feel extraordinarly strongly about Shanakin being newbie scum.

Shanakin posted:

I'm just going to get this over and done with.

It's hard to really say if DC is scum or not, but even after all that we don't have too0 much to go on either way. So Dead Cow, should become Dead Dead Cow, because there's something vaguely suspicious and it will net us some information in the aftermath.

##Vote Dead Cow

I think that should be 7

This is his vote on DC. Nothing too it at all except a blantant bandwagon. 2 minutes later:

Shanakin posted:

This thread is picking up speed.

actually I'm curious, could you elaborate a bit on the patterns?

##unvote

The unvote is in regards to a post DC made about his scum reads. An easy way to unvote and attempt to still show suspicion while preventing a lynch. This is followed up 4 minutes later by a lurker vote, where it stays until deadline. My vote has nothing to do with whether or not Shanakin was away or forgot to come back by deadline to revote DC, it has to do with the way he tried to look like he was on the lynch DC train without staying on it, in the most newbie scum way possible.

In addition, one of the most common newbie scum tells is attempts to try to use 'go town!'rhetoric. I did this a shitton as newbie scum, and Shanakin is doing it here:

Shanakin posted:

1. Yep, at the end of the day it was pretty much a band wagon. I probably should have stuck to it too in retrospect, the time limit was up, and a lynch would have been an improvement as mentioned - hell we may even still have had our doctor. It's not like Day 1 really had much solid to go on besides some nitpicky arguments of vague suspicion. At least if there was then it was beyond me.

Shanakin even does the tried and true method of giving content without content by so kindly doing a votecount for us day 1.

Day 2, this is his scum reads:

Shanakin posted:

Now so I can actually contribute something of my own, I rather like Asiina's case against DGK, so I went over day 1 again and other the thing that stood out to me was the kind of awkward passive antagonism between bowmore and WVM, that Kleedrac picked up on, but fizzled into the background as soon as DC showed. That could just be because there wasn't a whole lot of substance to go on at that point but it felt kind of hollow even then.

There is the whole bowmore lied thing, but that felt kind of overblown. I didn't really like the way

I'm tossing up between DKG and bowmore, but my gut says Bowmore so that's what I'm going to go with.

##Vote Bowmore

The first paragraph is the most nonsense non-commital read possible, and the second half is a toss-up between two of the more primary targets of the day, both thrown out without much reasons. There's a few other posts in there, but his vote has since been switched to DGK with the following well thought out scum hunting:

Shanakin posted:

Although I maintain my accusations of suspicion, I did agree on the case against DGK. Grid has convinced me to vote against DGK.

##VOTE DGK

To summarize this case, Shanakin is newbie scum because he has spent the whole first two days attempting to give reads without scum hunting, jumping around from popular case to popular case without any reasoning, and when reasoning is given its in the most non-commital sense possible, to the extent of even unvoting if challenged. Seriously, read the post history guys.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

Shan's a guy.

Apologies, I think I subconsciously keep thinking Shanakin is Savahontas who is a girl and it's throwing me off.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
It would be extremely silly at this point to distrust the cop claim or assume a godfather role. They're both possibilities, but far less likely than the most likely suggestion which is that grandi is telling the truth and that DGK is town

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I can say his swapping his vote to DGK was mostly me going "I think it's DGK", "Why aren't you voting for DGK, I'm worried we will get another no lynch", "Cmon dude vote for DGK". I can be a real nag at him.

That being said I can never tell if Shan is evil or not, he kinda cracks under scrutiny whether good or evil. He did a good job at pretending to be a good guy in our game of Dead of Winter yesterday; although this was after someone had already been outed as the traitor for the game and therefore everyone assumed we had no others (which we shouldn't have, there was only supposed to be one traitor except apparently shan mixed the traitor cards up with the non-traitor cards like an idiot)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess since my prime suspect has been cop cleared, I'll move on to ##vote DC.

Still think scum prevented this lynch D1.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

DGK doesn't seem scummy to me, he seems like he thinks he's right. I don't think he's right so I've been ignoring his arguements for now.

I think wwm would bus the noob.

Sorry this is going back a few pages but I wasn't sure if DC answered my and FV's questions.

So you believe that WWM would shaft Shanakin, assuming he is a scum, on the grounds of he dosen't want a new player on his team?

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Grandicap posted:

It is still holiday weekend and I am only reading in the barest of senses, but there are more votes than I am comfortable with flying at DGK. This is a terrible idea with a flipped doc already, but.

I am a Cop.

Well in light of this I hope Quandry wont hold it against me if I ##unvote DKG.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Shanakin posted:

Well in light of this I hope Quandry wont hold it against me if I ##unvote DKG.

Please spell my name right, thank you.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Quandary posted:

Please spell my name right, thank you.

Fair enough. Quandary.

Quandary posted:

Apologies, I think I subconsciously keep thinking Shanakin is Savahontas who is a girl and it's throwing me off.

I guess we're even on this count then?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, Quintree, I'm still not feeling it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Godfathers do exist, which is why it was totally silly of Grandi to claim to save a single town (or godfather) instead of waiting until he got a scum result

because the only way to confirm his result is to lynch DGK

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

Get hosed.

1) That was for the new player.

2) I already unvoted you dumbass.

Asiina and DGK, please cut out the personal insults. This is an internet party game that we are all playing for fun.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
You know what guys: ##vote WWM

Poor quality Logic here:

a) Early on WWM suggests grandi and FV as "Gut Reads". Grandi has already shown himself as a cop, so obviously that gut read was wrong; and to me FV is one of the most upstanding citizens. Why would you gut read 2 people like that?

b) Day 2: WWM starts blasting mienberg and myself for voting for DC and "bandwagoning" despite the fact a day 1 lynch would have been just as good for him/her as everyone else assuming s/he was a townie. Is there a reason WWM doesn't want people to vote for DC?

c) WWM wants me to explain if I think DC is a townie (as I said I thought she was during Day 1). Why would s/he care about my opinion on that? Strangely specific in the circumstances.

d) S/he claims DGK is a bigger threat then someone a number of people have fingered as a newbie scum. Jumping on the DGK bandwagon. Why would they do the bandwagon after blasting two people for the same on day 1? And why would you bandwagon so easily when you are someone who has already made clear your hatred of it? Answer: S/he already knew, before Grandis cop post, that DGK was a townie and wanted to get the free townie kill because they thought everyone would bandwagon DGK hard (which we did) and maybe drop the hammer. Also: What kind of rear end in a top hat hangs a fellow scum out to dry? Why wouldn't you try to help them post better?

e)WWM now thinks DC is a scum, citing the "no lynch" was suspicious. Blames Shanakin and DGK. Hold up there son, you just annoyed at two people for voting DC to death, wanted me to reinforce that I thought DC was a townie and are NOW upset that the no lynch happened? YOU could have voted for her, but you didn't. And yet here you are saying it's Shanakin and DGK's fault that she didn't get lynched. It sure does look like someone is protecting DC, but it ain't Shanakin or DGK.

f) WWM reiterates his/her belief that Shanakin, DC and DGK are scum; and suggests that Shanakin and DGK are attempting to pull votes off of DC. This is odd considering that, as previously mentioned, s/he did made an effort to tell people off for voting for DC earlier. Again: Why would you be mad at people voting for DC and then act like DC not getting lynched was bad and you wanted her lynched all along?

tl;dr vote for WWM. I also think DC maybe scum now (:(). WWM appears to be throwing up blinds for her. Seriously read my post, I put effort into it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also yes above post assumes Grandi is a legit cop and is resigned to death on Night 2.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Asiina and DGK, please cut out the personal insults. This is an internet party game that we are all playing for fun.

I wouldn't get anything more out of it, so consider it done.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Apparently I can't into english very well and should proofread my posts better.

In reason d of above I say say that WWM is an rear end in a top hat for hanging Shanakin out to dry, assuming they are both scummy. First off I shouldn't call you an rear end in a top hat as FV has pointed out, we shouldn't make personal insults a thing; sorry. Secondly I should have added more content/context to the comment:

Not long after WWM makes this post DC appears and votes for Shanakin. Citing the she feels WWM is right on Shanakin being a newbie scum, but also still publicly stating she thinks WWM is scum themselves. DC later suggests that this group needs their hands held and a place to bandwagon onto as her reason for voting for Shanakin and not WWM. And that WWM would sacrifice a newbie scum rather than have them on his/her team. This is causes more division over votes, potentially leading to another split vote/no lynch which benefits scum.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I am also feeling pretty proud now, I have made my first big Mafia post.

You may now all tear my arguments apart, suggest I am shielding Shanakin too much because of our IRL association and/or that we are both scum or vote for me because gently caress Grid he's stupid.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Gridlocked posted:

I am also feeling pretty proud now, I have made my first big Mafia post.

You may now all tear my arguments apart, suggest I am shielding Shanakin too much because of our IRL association and/or that we are both scum or vote for me because gently caress Grid he's stupid.

Nah, you're doing a pretty good job of putting yourself down. Why would we need to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Nah, you're doing a pretty good job of putting yourself down. Why would we need to?

:v:

But honestly I want to see where my argument falls apart so I can patch it up where I failed to articulate myself effectively; people will notice things that I missed or didn't touch on and that will help me not only get better at posting but give me a chance to think and go "well you are right I missed that and now I blah blah blah" or "well I did miss that but I still think I am right because blah blah blah".

I am using this first game as a learning experience as best I can.

• Locked thread