Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

the miscarried duggar was actually the oldest daughter's anencephalic incest baby :unsmigghh:

e: imagine :unsmigghh: except with the brain cavity exploding instead of the jaw

PT6A posted:

Either that or little Joshie went full-on Oedipus. I've seen less-likely things.

Are you suggesting he actually hosed the baby's brains out?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

what is the percentage of this Jack Chick like cult activity that consists of christianity?

We don't know with certainty.

They have tremendous, disproportionate poitical power for their demographic.That is what we know.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Say Nothing posted:

Are you suggesting he actually hosed the baby's brains out?

No, just saying that Josh may have hosed and impregnated his mum, instead of the theory I quoted which is that he hosed and impregnated one of his sisters.

I bet there's all kind of poo poo going on in that house.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Top City Homo posted:

i never knew exactly how bad the fundie problem is in the US

i mean i know there are hardcore christians in the sense they follow the complete opposite of the moral teachings the bible has but i didn't know that there is literally a fascist theocratic undercurrent in the US that actively teaches children to be drones

what is the percentage of this Jack Chick like cult activity that consists of christianity?

Basically every Evangelical who doesn't describe themselves as 'progressive' is like this to varying degrees.

Just wait until you find out about the folks trying to breed the 'red calf' so it can be sacrificed at the site of the Temple in order to summon Jesus and end the world, I swear I'm not making this up.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

You know

If you take away the molestation

And the rape

And thebvrrepy perversion

Yeag never mind

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Know why evangilicals have such a hard on for Israel?

Because the state of Israel must exist in order for Jesus to return.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im fine with jesus coming cause these are guys are prob the first ones to be sent to hell

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

platedlizard posted:

Basically every Evangelical who doesn't describe themselves as 'progressive' is like this to varying degrees.

Just wait until you find out about the folks trying to breed the 'red calf' so it can be sacrificed at the site of the Temple in order to summon Jesus and end the world, I swear I'm not making this up.

those guys i know

i was mostly weirded out by the pace test people

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Bliggers- posted:

vice did a decent episode about this

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

Broenheim posted:

has anyone asked about the kids who were actually abused and how they feel about this? i mean, i know they're just gonna say that they forgive their brother and everything, but nobody seems to give a poo poo about the people who were actually hurt in this. people just want the good christian to stay nice and happy because what they did wasnt wrong cause God forgave them. never mind that people may have actually been hurt and may still be hurting with real issues. just save that stupid kid's face.

god i cant wait to see what other poo poo comes out from this family. you know its just going to get more and more hosed from here on out

Those girls are so brainwashed, not to mention you see how tight knit the family is? If they were to actually make a big deal about it they would for sure be shunned, and that's the only life they knew. Not to mention prior to the cancellation of the show if they would have went public it would have ruined their family's income.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Bliggers- posted:

If it's prophesied, it would happen regardless of our intervention, right? I don't understand the mindset that some people have, where we have to prop Israel up as if forcing a prophecy to come true.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

According to the various whackos and yahoos saying that serial raping your own sisters is just a little oopsie daisy that all teens run into, the family (read: victims) "has put this behind them". So basically it's just another thing those girls are screaming on the inside about.

We've all done its nothing to be ashamed of touch a sister here fiddle brother there. Let the poor lad be

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

We've all done its nothing to be ashamed of touch a sister here fiddle brother there. Let the poor lad be

"poor judgment"

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Top City Homo posted:

i mean i know there are hardcore christians in the sense they follow the complete opposite of the moral teachings the bible has but i didn't know that there is literally a fascist theocratic undercurrent in the US that actively teaches children to be drones

Have you ever watched Jesus Camp?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:dogbutton:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Boo This Man posted:

What's creepy about this film is that when believers see it, they see NO problem. I guess that gives credit to the objectivity of the film, because no one is ever shown in a dishonest light, everything is just as it actually is. So, non-believers walk away disgusted and horrified, and believers see it and think 'yep, that's how it is, praise Jayzus!'

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

TLC's Facebook page is just rife with poo poo like that. The vast majority are posts from what appear to be uneducated middle aged women that are so upset about the likely loss of their "wholesome family program" that they're willing to give these assholes a free pass on it all. You can bet nearly every post/comment thread contains a reference to "judge not" or "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", a guarantee that the girls forgave Josh willingly, and a guarantee that Jesus is cool with it (despite no actual concrete proof of either of the last two).

The stupidity is just mind boggling.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
A state senator is now calling for Sprindgale's Chief of Police to be fired over the records being released:

http://5newsonline.com/2015/05/23/senator-springdale-police-chief-should-be-fired-over-child-sex-crime-report/

quote:

Sen. Bart Hester, R-Cave Springs, said the girls have been re-victimized now that the report is public. He said Police Chief Kathy O’Kelley acted recklessly in releasing the report and should be held accountable.

“The law to protect minors’ identities is not a suggestion,” Hester, pictured, said Saturday (May 23). “So sad to see the person charged with protecting the community being so reckless and irresponsible. I believe it is unavoidable that the Springdale police chief should be terminated. She has re-victimized these young ladies.”

Springdale Mayor Doug Sprouse said O’Kelley and Springdale City Attorney Ernest Cate determined after researching the matter that the report had to be released under law.

“From every indication I have the chief and city attorney reluctantly did what they had to do to comply with the state FOI (freedom of information) law,” Sprouse said Saturday (May 23).

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's creepy about this film is that when believers see it, they see NO problem. I guess that gives credit to the objectivity of the film, because no one is ever shown in a dishonest light, everything is just as it actually is. So, non-believers walk away disgusted and horrified, and believers see it and think 'yep, that's how it is, praise Jayzus!'

I tried to watch it once and turned it off half way because I didn't really think anything was remarkable. I would say having grown up in religious areas makes me more conditioned to it, but you can see a bunch of the same poo poo watching tv on sunday morning. I don't know how people were surprised that kids are indoctrinated into their parents religion, of course they are. I guess the only thing exceptional about that movie was that the camp is large.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

well the big problem is the fundie movement especially in the deep south provides lots of real political clout.

So you have fundies influencing things like what they teach in school(worthless "abstinence only" sex ed programs).

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Boo This Man posted:

watching the highlights now

:stare:

conclusion: burn the south down and salt the earth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

It's also hilarious since one of the preachers in Jesus Camp, Ted Haggard was later on caught soliciting male prositutes

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

It takes place in south dakota I think.

edit: north dakota actually

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Drunkboxer posted:

Empirical evidence as to why you only really need one dakota.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Drunkboxer posted:

I tried to watch it once and turned it off half way because I didn't really think anything was remarkable. I would say having grown up in religious areas makes me more conditioned to it, but you can see a bunch of the same poo poo watching tv on sunday morning. I don't know how people were surprised that kids are indoctrinated into their parents religion, of course they are. I guess the only thing exceptional about that movie was that the camp is large.

I was went to a Jewish religious high school from 13 to 17. We read the Torah verse by verse, read commentary on them, then studied dissenting and current interpretations of its meaning and then debated it for an hour or more. This was alongside normal school work.

It had some odd elements to it but either case i took away certain things from the school like critical thought and research skills even if the religious portion of it didn't completely stick.

The idea of a fat woman chastising me about grace and righteousness and screaming in tongues is completely alien to me.

i think that the kids dont understand anything that is happening to them nor what they are doing nor the concepts behind the words they are hearing

the only thing they will take away from this is how to block out thought, institutionalize ignorance and conformity. I don't think an active participatory citizenry is compatible with these cults

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Drunkboxer posted:

i cannot imagine living in the Dakotas it must be one of the most boring places on earth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

I like how Dave Barry made of fun of North Dakota and got a sewer plant named after him as a result.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Drunkboxer posted:

The Lutheran camps in South Dakota were chill as hell and mostly about not being a fatass and doing athletic stuff.

Pentecostals are loving weird.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Woolie Wool posted:

a ruined land that grows ever more incompatible with human life by the year.

But enough about Michelle's crotch...

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

a bit of the old blast from the past

Chuck Norris: :D Kill the poor and unbelievers Aw shwacks

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

You're going to have to burn down pretty much every rural and suburban area in the United States because it's way more than just the south.

As of now white America is to be abolished. All white people must return to Europe for re-education.

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

Well as somebody pointed out previously, the girl that requested the records sealed or destroyed was a minor, and currently there is only one minor girl in the family at 17. If Josh was duggaring at 14-15, that girl would have been 4-5.

So yeah, there's always more and it's always worse.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

XMNN posted:

im gonna leave em with huckabee and jim bob obv because the atheist might teach them about (actual) communism and (that) homosexuality (is a natural thing and not the evil of satan)

happyhippy posted:

Huckabee's FB page is in damage control mode.
They cant delete the posts so are commenting and liking on well wisher ones so they replace the recent most posts.

Who knew a vagina fondling years ago would have killed a presidential nomination.

Never gets old how the religious party has all the immoral scandals come out

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently god has forgiven JOsh. Whoever has the "God" Facebook account needs to go in there and be all "Who says I've forgiven him? That guy is a total oval office."

You know the only way either of them is gonna get hosed is by raping or paying for it. they've got plenty of money to pay, so it'll likely be rape

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 25, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Jim Bob

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

etalian posted:

It's also hilarious since one of the preachers in Jesus Camp, Ted Haggard was later on caught soliciting male prositutes
yeah but that's ok, because evangelical christians don't believe they're inherently holy or pure or whatever just because they have faith, so he isn't a hypocrite, because it's just as much of a sin if a nonbeliever does the same thing, except unlike them he has faith, so god forgives him, therefore it's okay that he did that now.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

sinking belle posted:

vice did a decent episode

*every record scratch, spit take and gif-of-Jim-from-the-office-smirking-at-the-camera EVER comes in the door carrying everything for a HUGE party*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If you want to really see how Fundie movement is responsible for the "kill the gay bills" in Uganda, watch God Loves Uganda on Netflix

• Locked thread