Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

McStabby posted:

A state senator is now calling for Sprindgale's Chief of Police to be fired over the records being released:

http://5newsonline.com/2015/05/23/senator-springdale-police-chief-should-be-fired-over-child-sex-crime-report/

I love how these scum suddenly care about the victims. They should be honest and just say they are pissed that they are pissed that their fundi incest propaganda gravy train got shown to be a sham and are trying to defend josh and jim bob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Top City Homo posted:

i never knew exactly how bad the fundie problem is in the US

i mean i know there are hardcore christians in the sense they follow the complete opposite of the moral teachings the bible has but i didn't know that there is literally a fascist theocratic undercurrent in the US that actively teaches children to be drones

what is the percentage of this Jack Chick like cult activity that consists of christianity?

Are you kidding? This is the country that has a creation museum and a state governor that wanted to fund a theme park featuring a full size replica of Noah's Ark including the animals.
This is the country that deems it perfectly legal to picket outside abortion doctor offices and berate already upset women that go there.
This is the same country that put restrictions on stem cells because they "destroy babies".
This is the same country where morons can get voted into the highest office in the world and shout about god commanding them to wipe out whatever nation/people are the latest in the hate list and NOT be tossed for it.
this is the same country where people exist that want to rewrite their own religious book to suit their desires because there's too much "liberal bias", also the same excuse for starting a conservative version of wikipedia

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 25, 2015

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yes I think the Duggars are weird, creepy, tacky and kitschy. I just find progressive sanctimony on this issue particularly nauseating. The same reason I don't like the Roman Catholics much but find the leftist obsession with priestly abuse (as opposed to say, sexual abuse in the entertainment industry) vomit-inducing.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Confounding Factor posted:

Yes I think the Duggars are weird, creepy, tacky and kitschy. I just find progressive sanctimony on this issue particularly nauseating. The same reason I don't like the Roman Catholics much but find the leftist obsession with priestly abuse (as opposed to say, sexual abuse in the entertainment industry) vomit-inducing.

some hard hitting truths about the lieberal media

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Incest: weird, tacky, kitschy

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

drat that librul media! :argh:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If you think about it, josh is the real victim here

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

senator looks like another Jim Bob spawn

imo Jim Bob is running a genestealer cult

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If you think about it, josh is the real victim here

really makes you think what those promiscuous hussies were doing to tempt him into into finger banging them

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Fingering six year olds is bad. Fingering four of your own sisters who are under the age of ten is even worse. I'm not really sure what's sanctimonious about being upset or disgusted here.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CPL593H posted:

Fingering six year olds is bad. Fingering four of your own sisters who are under the age of ten is even worse. I'm not really sure what's sanctimonious about being upset or disgusted here.

Pfft SJWs, am I right? :rolleyes:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Usually it's this senator that likes to jump on the bad opinion bandwagon before anybody else:

Yep, it checks out:

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CPL593H posted:

Of course its bad, and the Duggar kid should have known better (he was 14).

The issue is its less about what was actually done than who was doing it, hence the outcry. Yes I get it, Christians are held to a higher standard regarding their actions in virtue of their faith but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be just as harsh on others who are not Christian that engage in it.

I just want consistency from the media, but I know not to expect that of course.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The issue is its less about what was actually done than who was doing it, hence the outcry. Yes I get it, Christians are held to a higher standard regarding their actions in virtue of their faith but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be just as harsh on others who are not Christian that engage in it.

I just want consistency from the media, but I know not to expect that of course.

If it suddenly came out that a bunch of outspoken left wing celebrities were diddlers and part of some kind of creepy circle of diddlers who all covered up each other's poo poo I'd be exactly as disgusted. The problem is that this is a "who smelt it dealt it thing". The people who yell loudest about morality are usually the ones with something to hide.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
lots of hollywood people are diddlers

uk is full of paedos

its paedogeddon in the UK

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

An interesting thought occurred to me today—what if grassroots activists sat down with ordinary people like you and me and ironed out some real solutions to our pedophilia crisis?

With the election season over, maybe you’ve forgotten about pedophilia, but I certainly haven’t. It would be easy to forget that the problem even exists, when our headlines are constantly splashed with the violence in Kuwait, the authoritarian crackdown in Somalia and the still-unstable democratic transition in Dominican Republic. But the pedophilia problem is growing, and politicians are more divided than ever. Democrats seem to think that pedophilia can just be ignored. Republican politicians like Mitch McConnell, on the other hand, seem to think that nonsensical rhetoric will substitute for a compromise.

But the Republican party of Mitch McConnell is not the Republican party of Lincoln. Lincoln wouldn’t just filibuster, he'd break ranks with members of his own party because he'd understand that the fate of the country, and his own political career, depended on a lasting solution to the problem of pedophilia.

It's good to see the talks between the president and congress getting off to a solid start, but we know there will be plenty of partisan fireworks before any deal is cut. If I had fifteen minutes to pitch my idea to politicians, I'd tell them two things about pedophilia. First, there's no way around the issue unless we're prepared to spend less: and not just spend less, but spend smarter by investing in the kind of human capital that makes countries succeed. That's going to require some tax cuts as well, but as they say, "Ya gotta get down to brass tacks."

Second, I'd tell them to look at Iceland, which all but solved its pedophilia crisis over the past decade. When I visited Iceland in 2002, Kiki, the cabbie who drove me from the airport, couldn't stop telling me about how he had to take a third job because of the high cost of pedophilia. I caught up with Kiki in Reykjavik last year. Thanks to Iceland's reformed approach toward pedophilia, Kiki has enough money in his pocket to finally be able to afford a playground for his kids.

That's all it takes. Don't expect to see any solutions as long as politicians insist on playing a high-stakes game of poker with one another. America's got to call a time-out.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004
If you ever go to prison you will be AMAZED at how many pedophiles there are (they're almost all hardcore christian too, go figure). What's even worse is pedophilia is a very under reported crime. Everyone knows the dope man, but typically only the molester and the victim know about a sex crime. Not to mention very few come forward.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
we need affordable pedophilia infrastructure in america

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

quote:

Michelle asked point blank “So ... you’re .... gay???” The four of us are staring at this from a distance as if we’re on the edge of our seats, completely shocked that someone in 2008 would even do that, and Jimmy ... suddenly strikes a pose like a model in a pinup photo, and responds “Well, darling, depends on who’s asking!” Holy poo poo, the four of us watching were doubled over in pain laughing so hard at this. ...

Well, when we returned, we found out that Jimmy was removed, fired from the set, and transferred to another production, and that none of us are to breathe a word of what we saw to anyone. The official reason given to pacify the Duggars was that he was “fired due to causing conflicts with the talent”. Talent! Amazing how such a small sentence can contain so much hyperbole. He was fired 100% because he was gay and for no other reason. The conflict was because he was gay.

Hahahah.

in conclusion, burn the duggars tia.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

etalian posted:

It's also hilarious since one of the preachers in Jesus Camp, Ted Haggard was later on caught soliciting male prositutes

My favorite part was praising George Bush. You know, the same George bush that raped and pillage America in the name of war.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

lorn Wayne posted:

Hahahah.

in conclusion, burn the duggars tia.

What the hell is this from?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
All of these loving sjws just won't leave the duggars alone will they :mad:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What the hell is this from?

http://defamer.gawker.com/tell-your-duggar-tales-did-michelle-duggar-get-a-gay-c-1706502185

who knows how much of that account is true, but i can totally believe the gay firing part.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

this is like tabloid catnip, there's so many hosed up elements to it that it's impossible to resist.

if one of the coppola kids was diddling his sisters and was sent to work on the set of lost in translation as therapy and get a stern talking to from a pedophile cop it'd still be a huge story.

i mean, yeah, its a bonus that its coming from the "gays are destroying this country" crowd

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
What was the last "good" and well-covered liberal sex scandal anyway? All I can think of is Weiner (lol) and that was mostly funny cuz of the name. Hard to get outraged over unless you're really trying though.

e: Not so ninja edit.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Phobic Nest posted:

What was the last "good" and well-covered liberal sex scandal anyway? All I can think of is Weiner (lol) and that was mostly funny cuz of the name.

Maybe Roman Polanski?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There is NO correlation between insane religious fundamentalism and sexual abuse. NONE. The liberal media is out for blood again!!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
*a tornado of ISIS pamphlets and chick tracts engulfs me*

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Josh makes incest joke

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0vSNSIGASE

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Phobic Nest posted:

What was the last "good" and well-covered liberal sex scandal anyway? All I can think of is Weiner (lol) and that was mostly funny cuz of the name. Hard to get outraged over unless you're really trying though.

Woody Allen maybe

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Boo This Man posted:

Maybe Roman Polanski?

He did nothing wrong

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There was also that congressmen who sent pics of his chode to a lady

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lord of Pie posted:

Woody Allen maybe

thatts pretty hosed up yeah, lmao

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CPL593H posted:

If it suddenly came out that a bunch of outspoken left wing celebrities were diddlers and part of some kind of creepy circle of diddlers who all covered up each other's poo poo I'd be exactly as disgusted. The problem is that this is a "who smelt it dealt it thing". The people who yell loudest about morality are usually the ones with something to hide.

I find sanctimony in general very irritating. This means lots of religious conservatives rub me the wrong way, too. It's just with the religious right, that's kind of the point, whereas you'd think leftists would show a little more worldly sophistication. Instead, they're often the most pompous and self-righteous of all, viz. UVA rape hoax, Trayvon, global warming mania, etc etc.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Phobic Nest posted:

Lena Dunham. Non-politican but politically active media figure, underaged incest, exceptionally weird parents, "a long time ago", "kids playing doctor ", etc. It's almost uncanny how seamlessly and symmetrically the respective outrage machines flipped sides.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

shiksa posted:

thatts pretty hosed up yeah, lmao

Pretty hosed up, but I'm not lmao :(

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

looks like, yet again, liberals are the real villians

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I find sanctimony in general very irritating. This means lots of religious conservatives rub me the wrong way, too. It's just with the religious right, that's kind of the point, whereas you'd think leftists would show a little more worldly sophistication. Instead, they're often the most pompous and self-righteous of all, viz. UVA rape hoax, Trayvon, global warming mania, etc etc.

so whats coming up next season on south park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Captain von Trapp posted:

Lena Dunham. Non-politican but politically active media figure, underaged incest, exceptionally weird parents, "a long time ago", "kids playing doctor ", etc. It's almost uncanny how seamlessly and symmetrically the respective outrage machines flipped sides.

I find Lena Dunham dislikable on nearly every level (especially because of the schtick approach she took when talking about the incident with her sister), but she was like 7 at the time of the incident.

So yeah she's awful but it was in the instance she was a child and not in the same category as someone who actually knows what sex is and why groping/fingering, especially siblings, is inappropriate.

• Locked thread