Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I'm just grateful that I don't see a pony with the word SWAG above it every time I open the launcher anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Maybe we can take the Monster Girls mod and make a date sim mod pack.

I wouldn't doubt it if a few of those already exist.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Less complaining about ponies more posting cool machines

I've been experimenting with Technomancy since StealthArcher added it to the latest OMP-i, and it's got some pretty neat stuff in it. After a few tests I discovered the Essentia Dynamo produces 96,000 RF per Ignis essentia, which is more than enough to power a galvanized bellows (RF consuming device that fuels alchemical furnaces). Here I've got a glacial precipitator pumping infinite snowballs into the furnace which is melted down into Gelum essentia, centrifuged down into Perditio and Ignis. This is basically a magic reactor that runs on water. The Everfull Urn provides infinite water, so it's upkeepless forever. It looks super cool too! Thaumcraft is spergy but man its blocks do have style.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Its classic Tekkit all over again. :magical:

Clean, safe energy!

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

All I know about Attack On Titan is some preview where somebody was screaming while riding a crotch rocket. Is there a crotch rocket mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNvYk9oWYfw

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i've got an epic crash log here... please help me out

http://pastebin.com/QvXQgr5u

i swapped to the newest release versions of all the cofh stuff and now i'm crashin
what do i do

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i've got an epic crash log here... please help me out

http://pastebin.com/QvXQgr5u

i swapped to the newest release versions of all the cofh stuff and now i'm crashin
what do i do
Update ProjectRed if you have it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hm... i will try

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it worked. thanks brother.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what connects to galacticraft stuff to power it? Thermal Expansion stuff doesn't connect and it won't plug directly in to a Big Reactor

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Reason posted:

what connects to galacticraft stuff to power it? Thermal Expansion stuff doesn't connect and it won't plug directly in to a Big Reactor

Galacticraft will take just about any kind of power, however GC machines has defined sides for different inputs and outputs and only the appropriate conduit/pipe will connect to those sides.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Cicadalek posted:

I'm just grateful that I don't see a pony with the word SWAG above it every time I open the launcher anymore

There is an option to make the launcher default to opening in your modpacks instead of the front page, also to stop it from reopening when you close minecraft.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i updated the chickenbones mods (chunk loaders, ender storage, NEI) and it's crashing again

http://pastebin.com/3QkZ9s36

anything else depend on CodeChickenCore ???

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

That's not a crotch rocket. That's just awesome. Please tell me that thing is not a reference to some crazy anime.

Edit: OK I see dual butt rockets, which is kind of funny.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 26, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
SO OMP-i looks like it's stabilized, anyone got a server pack?

Sadly, I believe I want the non-ACDD version (rip DimDoors, again).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

That's just awesome. Please tell me that thing is not a reference to some crazy anime.

Alright, I won't tell you. :v:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Mzbundifund posted:

I've been experimenting with Technomancy since StealthArcher added it to the latest OMP-i, and it's got some pretty neat stuff in it. After a few tests I discovered the Essentia Dynamo produces 96,000 RF per Ignis essentia, which is more than enough to power a galvanized bellows (RF consuming device that fuels alchemical furnaces). Here I've got a glacial precipitator pumping infinite snowballs into the furnace which is melted down into Gelum essentia, centrifuged down into Perditio and Ignis. This is basically a magic reactor that runs on water. The Everfull Urn provides infinite water, so it's upkeepless forever. It looks super cool too! Thaumcraft is spergy but man its blocks do have style.

I love you

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Now put it all in a compact machine box :getin:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I've been playing OMP a bit and I was wondering how when you cut down a tree you got the leaves to decompose so quickly. I assume it's a config option somewhere but I haven't been able to locate it.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I mean compact machines is cool but why would you hide your awesome creations like that

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Jagged Jim posted:

I've been playing OMP a bit and I was wondering how when you cut down a tree you got the leaves to decompose so quickly. I assume it's a config option somewhere but I haven't been able to locate it.

It's a mod. Fast Leaf Decay.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my latest issue was that ae2 stable 3 was not actually stable, so i switched to stable 1

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it broke when i tried to view what recipes a thing is a part of with nei lol

http://pastebin.com/v50JqZTM

should i downgrade it... how do i ask the creator about this epic crash

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

wylker posted:

I mean compact machines is cool but why would you hide your awesome creations like that

So you can get more than 5 fps in your main base?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it broke when i tried to view what recipes a thing is a part of with nei lol

http://pastebin.com/v50JqZTM

should i downgrade it... how do i ask the creator about this epic crash

Start a money server- he'll find you.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

So you can get more than 5 fps in your main base?

FPS is for losers

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

30.5 Days posted:

Start a money server- he'll find you.

Do I smell a story?

wylker posted:

FPS is for losers

:(

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Do I smell a story?

:(

Nothing special, just the guy who took over algox2 spends more time yelling at money server owners for breaking minecraft's eula than he does working on his mod. This is complicated by the fact that the mod's code is LGPL and the new guy didn't write most of it so his rights to produce an ARR distro with the CC-NC assets is questionable.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Alkydere posted:

Alright, I won't tell you. :v:

:ohdear::ohdear::ohdear:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
In mod updating news Modular Powersuits is almost back again. An updated build can be found here. Only problem is that the current MPSA addon doesn't play nicely with the current AE2 version, something about APIs. All I know is that I can reproduce a crash by selecting U in NEI. The base suit is pretty nice, but I miss my solar/kinetic/thermal generators.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

wylker posted:

I have an unnatural love of towering masses of tangled ducts and cabling, so I'm planning on using them to temporarily add machinery to a part of my base that is too dense to expand without a redesign.

azsedcf
Jul 21, 2006

...a place of unlimited darkness.
"Where are the doors?" they asked nerviously.
Even my bellowing laughter couldn't fill this space.
Since you can put compact machines inside themselves, and you can entangle them so two different blocks have the same insides, can you nest a series of entangled compact machines so to create a trap block that can never be left? Or a block that takes in items and forever loops them in a rat nest of pipes?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

Nothing special, just the guy who took over algox2 spends more time yelling at money server owners for breaking minecraft's eula than he does working on his mod. This is complicated by the fact that the mod's code is LGPL and the new guy didn't write most of it so his rights to produce an ARR distro with the CC-NC assets is questionable.

What is this? This is a mod/modder's name I am not familiar with.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

taiyoko posted:

What is this? This is a mod/modder's name I am not familiar with.

AlgorithmX2 is the guy who originally made applied energistics.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Holy dicks whyyyyy does VoxelMap for 1.8 require Liteloader? I can't get the drat thing to run with my multiMC instance because with it enabled, it doesn't pop up the multimc crash report, but does have this at the end of the forge log: http://pastebin.com/V9Yn9ibM

If I disable liteloader, everything starts fine. JourneyMap hasn't updated for 1.8 apparently, and from what I can find it looks like Rei's isn't getting updated at all anymore. Oh wait, if I dig through the end of the Mapwriter thread, there's a sort of beta update for 1.8. I'll give that a shot.

Voxelmap is Rei's minimap, and I hate how it needs liteloader, it works fine on my system but other people it just crashes their client.
I am liking Journeymap on 1.7.10 but I can't help on 1.8 - sorry

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mzbundifund posted:

:stare: That thing is cool as poo poo and kind of makes me want to do Thaumcraft again.

If it weren't for the damned research thing that is (or dealing with warp for not dealing with research) :argh:

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

That's not a crotch rocket. That's just awesome. Please tell me that thing is not a reference to some crazy anime.

Edit: OK I see dual butt rockets, which is kind of funny.

Its "Attack on Titan" mod

They are like harpoon guns that they use to fly around the place killing giants in the anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcheS787jcI

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

Its "Attack on Titan" mod

They are like harpoon guns that they use to fly around the place killing giants in the anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcheS787jcI

Welp might as well pack it in. No nice things for me.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
If finding out something you thought was cool has been featured in a cartoon renders you incapable of enjoying it, you probably should seek professional help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

poxin posted:

Wanting to setup a minecraft server on linux for a friend of mine. Is there a recommended server setup/wrapper to use? He was interesting in setting up mods on there as well which looked like some required Forge.

I'm really not sure and walking in the dark on this.

If you looking for a nice auto restart/backup wrapper for the non-IT professional I recommend

https://www.mcmyadmin.com/

It's free as long as you don't plan on having more than 10 people on the server.

This is separate from getting mods working. It just gives you a nice interface for starting, stopping, backing up the server via the web.