Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Timby posted:

And they still haven't given us a Burton / Nolan movie batsuit. :argh:

The Dark Knight's batsuit was unlockable in Origins if you did all the Dark Knight challenges, you just never heard about it because those were loving horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
They should have the Clooney suit in there. Might as well throw in the Robin and Batgirl suits from that movie too.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

The Dark Knight's batsuit was unlockable in Origins if you did all the Dark Knight challenges, you just never heard about it because those were loving horseshit.

Eh. It was just the default costume painted a flat black.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Their logic on the new Beyond skin makes sense even if it looks kinda retarded. They knew that the older Beyond skin looked dumb due to the model limitations so they went full out futuristic on the new one. Maybe it'll have jet boots and stuff.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Timby posted:

And they still haven't given us a Burton / Nolan movie batsuit. :argh:

I liked the Nolan movies, but I hated that batsuit. :colbert:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ya it works in a 2d cartoon, but looks like a batman themed gimp suit when modelled in 3d.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Just here to say that the DLC Batman Beyond costume is based on his current look in the comics. They killed off Terry Mcguiness and Tim Drake took up the role with a modified outfit

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

They killed off Terry Mcguiness

I hate comics.

Edit: Oh and of loving course he was killed by something Joker related. :argh:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Did they remove the mouthhole from the suit?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hate comics.

Edit: Oh and of loving course he was killed by something Joker related. :argh:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Just here to say that the DLC Batman Beyond costume is based on his current look in the comics. They killed off Terry Mcguiness and Tim Drake took up the role with a modified outfit

I thought Tim was all mentally hosed up and old after Return of the Joker.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

what the hell man

Beeez
May 28, 2012

The Joe Man posted:

I thought Tim was all mentally hosed up and old after Return of the Joker.

It's just some alternate future thing, it's not the future of the animated universe or even probably the future of the main DC universe.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Didn't that occur 5 years from the present? I thought the whole point of Future's End was that Terry travels from the future to 5 years from now to prevent the end of the world. And 5 years from now means the future as well, which means none of that is set in stone.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

If I ever became rich I would buy DC and kill off Joker for as long as I lived, which may not be long after I did so.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I honestly don't even know what to say about this.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ya it works in a 2d cartoon, but looks like a batman themed gimp suit when modelled in 3d.

Gimp suit Batman was great, ya'll are nuts. :colbert:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

ToastyPotato posted:

Didn't that occur 5 years from the present? I thought the whole point of Future's End was that Terry travels from the future to 5 years from now to prevent the end of the world. And 5 years from now means the future as well, which means none of that is set in stone.
Man am I glad I don't read comics. :v:

I've been rewatching Batman Beyond the last few weeks which isn't really helping recent events.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ToastyPotato posted:

Literally what. I love comics and this is still stupid. I hope The Joker is just saved for the opening cutscene where Bats reflects on the ending of AC. I don't want any segment of the main game to center around him. He was already the front man of Asylum and City and black hole'd Origins. He's dead, it's over, gently caress.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

Literally what.

Future's End takes place entirely in the future, as early as 5 years from the present, to as late as whenever Batman Beyond takes place. Which in comic book science means that everything in that story, including Terry dying, is an alternate universe/timeline that will be ignored or undone whenever the writers feel like it. It's just an excuse to tell a crazy story without having to worry about changing the status quo.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Does anyone know if those suits are preorder bonuses just like Harley no matter where you buy the game?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I was trying to find a picture of the Dark Knight skin from Origins but instead I found this crazy reskin and then I don't even care anymore because I stumbled on a website where people make their own drat skins. Mr JAG in particular is a loving machine, he's made something like 50 skins

Here's the Dark Knight one, pretty impressive:

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 24, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm glad he's clean shaven. That stubble annoyed me the whole game.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 24, 2015

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Amazon are selling it with Harley dlc and prototype batmobile dlc. Is the batmobile stuff new?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Forgot if anyone posted this, too. some gamestop PS4 poo poo.

so at this rate if I preorder at my gamestop near work I get like 5 fuckin costumes, two alt character dlcs, a batmobile, god knows what else. what's even the point? I ain't complaining but you might as well put it in the game if it's all free.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I think the Amazon preorder gets you Harley and no batmobile, right?

I don't know why I even care, it's not like I'm going to step inside a gamestop anyways.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pirate Jet posted:

Horseshit AND bugged. Still can't get mine to ping. :(

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

Forgot if anyone posted this, too. some gamestop PS4 poo poo.

so at this rate if I preorder at my gamestop near work I get like 5 fuckin costumes, two alt character dlcs, a batmobile, god knows what else. what's even the point? I ain't complaining but you might as well put it in the game if it's all free.

I walked into a Gamestop and talked with the Clerk about the options to buy a Arkham and he pointed to this huge diorama pointing out all the skins and missions. I asked about Harley Quinn dlc since that wasn't on there and he said they ran out of space.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
At this point I think I'll just wait for the steam fall or winter sale and pick it up then. Hopefully get all the goodies then. Why do publishers do this exclusive poo poo, do they get kick backs from the console makers?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I can't decide between Justice League 3000 and Adam West Batman with the Adam West Batmobile hahaha

I don't know...seeing Adam West Batman break some skulls would be awesome but if the JL 3000 suit has like lights and poo poo on it...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

LongDarkNight posted:

At this point I think I'll just wait for the steam fall or winter sale and pick it up then. Hopefully get all the goodies then. Why do publishers do this exclusive poo poo, do they get kick backs from the console makers?

Yes- and stores, and digital distribution platforms.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

Yes, and retailers. It's really hard to argue with free money, and considering development costs for AAA titles and the fact that this costs only $60usd, I'm fine with it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If they had released the ten dollars off bundle on the psn season pass earlier I would've picked it up then. Instead, I preordered at gamestop and will probably wait for a small sale on the season pass.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That Batman '66 skin's face is absolutely terrifying.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
The only reason I'd want to do the Gamestop pre-order is to get the Red Hood story pack.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'll just wait for the GOTY edition, cause this is just getting silly. :v:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'll probably end up buying it twice :smith:

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I'm getting a code for the game with my new 970 so I'm hoping entering it into Steam before the game is out will count as pre-ordering. If I like the game I'll probably snag a season pass from Nuuvem for cheap.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I'm getting a code for the game with my new 970 so I'm hoping entering it into Steam before the game is out will count as pre-ordering. If I like the game I'll probably snag a season pass from Nuuvem for cheap.

After going through the rather convoluted process to redeem the code it shows up in my steam library just like a standard preorder. I will probably just wait for a steam sale to get moat of the dlc.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Have they confirmed precisely which DLC will be available on Steam yet? Will Red Hood be there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

redbackground posted:

That Batman '66 skin's face is absolutely terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4n8RWflTew
its looks scarier in motion.

• Locked thread