Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
I'm only up to the third episode right now but this game is just...annoying. I'm not enjoying it as much as I should.

Why is the Forrester House such pushovers? Were their fighting men all slaughtered at the red wedding? Why can't we stand up to the Whitehills at all, ever? Oh sure I have dialog choices ranging from "We should all try and work together" to "gently caress YOU BITCH" and basically it feels like none of them do poo poo. If you bend over and stay polite, the Whitehills will still walk over you and taunt you with poo poo like "I'm glad your dad and your human being brother died lol" and if you answer to gently caress themselves and escalate agression, it resolves into nothing anyway since your main caracter at this point is a cripple and you have like 5 fighting men at your command.

So at some point I just end up being as agressive as I possibly can to at least save face, and if the game sends me into a dead-end decision where everybody dies, so be it, at least I will die with my honor intact instead of kneeling and kissing Whitehill's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Athropos posted:

Why is the Forrester House such pushovers? Were their fighting men all slaughtered at the red wedding?

Pretty much.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Georgia Peach posted:

Do I need to know anything about Borderlands to enjoy the TellTale game?

I wouldn't say so. There's a couple characters from the real game, but you don't need to have played them before. There's a lot of good humor in it and you're not just getting curb stomped by the Whitehills the whole time.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I hate that The option to attack causes a game over, I really just want to cause some mayhem. I especially want to kill Gwen Whitehill.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Also, does the ending achievement for this ep indicate that Duncan is definitely the spy? I didn't take him with me to High Point so I have no idea.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Georgia Peach posted:

No, and it's super fun. What you need to know is more than covered in the intro.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I hate that The option to attack causes a game over, I really just want to cause some mayhem. I especially want to kill Gwen Whitehill.

No kidding. I really wanted that to do something, but when the game said "sorry, no, you can't do anything interesting" I just lost all interest.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Max posted:

No kidding. I really wanted that to do something, but when the game said "sorry, no, you can't do anything interesting" I just lost all interest.

Did you take the archers or leave them behind? Not that it really makes a difference.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
nice to see dany is as unlikable and stupid as she is in the show. why would she care if beskha kills her former master. also glad i got to break gryffs face. and now i cant wait to send both him and papa ludd to hell. but i am sure ramsay will quash that dream

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Georgia Peach posted:

Did you take the archers or leave them behind? Not that it really makes a difference.

I had them with me, so I at least got to see Whitehill with an arrow in his throat. Still died though.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nice to see dany is as unlikable and stupid as she is in the show. why would she care if beskha kills her former master.

While in the show and books she orders masters killed in retaliation for the killing of slave children, outside of killings she's specifically sanctioned it seems like she's keen to prevent a complete massacre of former slave-owners, their families, and really the whole of non-slave Mereen. If she lets people take vigilante justice out on whoever wronged them, she'll lose control.

As for the episode, I really liked it, it felt like it ran longer than expected because quite a lot went down. In particular, I liked the Mira scene at the coronation party, it was fun figuring things out and foiling Andros's plans was very satisfying, probably my favorite part of her story so far. I thought Asher's story was good for fleshing out Mereen, Dany's army and the issues surrounding the slaves, since that plotline in the show goes by somewhat quickly and having a "ground level" perspective on it helped (plus Metal Gear Solid-ing the whole outpost was great). I'd thought you'd do more bartering using knowledge of Drogon's whereabouts, but that got kind of dropped.

The only really bleh point was Ramsay returning. He was okay to help set the scene in the first episode, but his explicit plot protection turns his slasher villain act into more like the spiteful hand of author fiat, since unlike while you're dealing with the Whitehills you know for a fact he's untouchable. Well, unless Telltale decide to do something hilarious and actually give you the option to kill him, then allow that to turn your game into an alternate universe that somehow looks the same but every so often someone makes idle mention of the shitstorm going down in Winterfell.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A mixture of too many TellTale games and playing the far superior Life is Strange has me pretty sure this will be the last time I buy a Telltale game at launch.

I'll wait for the Steam sale for any future purchases

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Asema posted:

A mixture of too many TellTale games and playing the far superior Life is Strange has me pretty sure this will be the last time I buy a Telltale game at launch.

Yeah, I really hate that the game is unwilling to just let you fail. There really should've been an option to just have Ryon die somehow like you can have Kate die.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Asema posted:

Yeah, I actually got this game is a gift and while I think so far its better than Walking Dead Season 2 and the last half of Wolf Among Us Life is Strange and Dreamfall Chapters are so much better that it's not even funny, both have far more character and less railroading and the latter actually had choices that I found legitimately hard to make. Telltale is going to have up their game to really stand out again, but I have a feeling they won't they've been losing a good chunk of their talent lately.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Georgia Peach posted:

Not really the whole setting is basically wild west in space and the series has enough quick exposition to fill in the gaps if you never played the source material.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Asema posted:

I tried Life is Strange. I got to the part where you need to get into a room that was being blocked by some girl. That was soon after I had to get the art school bullies to stop blocking a different door. I AM A GOD OF TIME, why the gently caress am I dealing with this high school bullshit? That combined with the whole indie/teen vibe made me stop right there.

Does it get any better in that regard? Is it just teen bullshit all the way through with little bits of fantasy on top?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Looking at life is strange and declaring it "teen bullshit" is like looking at game of thrones and dismissing it because its "fantasy bullshit."

If its not for you its not for you, but life is strange is managing to do some very fun things. Strucurally speaking, the plot is building quite nicely, with or without branching. The dialoge is pretty flaccid though, and is the main area where Telltale still has a huge advantage.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Looking at life is strange and declaring it "teen bullshit" is like looking at game of thrones and dismissing it because its "fantasy bullshit."

If its not for you its not for you, but life is strange is managing to do some very fun things. Strucurally speaking, the plot is building quite nicely, with or without branching. The dialoge is pretty flaccid though, and is the main area where Telltale still has a huge advantage.

I admittedly didn't get very far but from what I've seen the teen drama was very much the main focus. So that's what I'm asking, does the game move beyond the teen poo poo to something more important/serious?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Invading Meereen was fun, even if it was also the least stealthy stealth sequence in the history of gaming.

Also, breaking Griff's face was satisfying. I hope they keep him under a hood or something for the trade.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Senjuro posted:

I admittedly didn't get very far but from what I've seen the teen drama was very much the main focus. So that's what I'm asking, does the game move beyond the teen poo poo to something more important/serious?

Granted I'm only getting a secondhand account of it from my girlfriend, but it really doesn't sound like it's moving past the teen poo poo. Plus it sounds like this last episode of it completely negates everything else you've done/discovered thus far.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Re: Life Is Strange, I have a feeling we will come back from what happened at the end of the last ep- that it'll be a bit of a side trip.

Yeah I'm really not enjoying the GoT game as much but Tales From The Borderlands gives me hope that Telltale can continue to be relevant.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have decided to stop trying to make the "right" or "safe" decisions and just go with the fun ones.

Popped Gryff in the face 3 times and stopped at the Cane while my fiance cheered me on. The thirst is real here folks. I also liked that I could take him out by myself and then call in my troops.

As for Asher, he's still onboard the Beshka train so cheering her on and getting in the face of anyone who gets in our way is always fun. Can't stop this dream team. I didn't touch that loving dragon because I'm not an idiot. It's a dragon.

I had a lot of fun with the king's landing portion because I played Mira as a person who has just got no more fucks to give. Yo, fat rear end in a top hat working with the Whitehills, your an idiot. Whatcha gonna do. Hey dude, thanks for telling me that secret, and if you didn't want me to tell it to anyone, you shouldn't have told. Hey Lannister shitburg, you drink a lot of drugs and that fat guy told everyone you did. Haha that fat guy's face turned red because I told him I was going to destroy you. Drop the loving mike.

What was strange is when I finished the episode I didn't really feel like I enjoyed it but if I was being honest it's because I'm elbow deep in monster guts in Witcher 3 and this was a break from that. The more I've thought about the more I enjoyed this episode. If you played with the safe options in this one, trust me do it again going for broke. It's awesome.

Also, I like that they played with my expectations and I was able to take Finn with me. Oh and getting to say the Brother's betrayed me was great. Because you guys are idiots. Don't kill a brother even if he tries to kill you or we'll kill you...even when we're facing an army of god drat giants.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Senjuro posted:

What do you have against teens.

And no, it's basically a teen indie drama from the 2000's also they're possibly dealing with the end of the world.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I gave Royland the guards and took Duncan along to the whitehills.

My thinking was that Duncan was the traitor, that he'd been bought to keep the Forrester's down while he sent his stupid nephew to sniff out some more ironwood ,and that keeping an eye on him while protected by guest law was safer than leaving him to try something back at ironreach , but the ending has me thinking that either Royland was the fucker all along or Duncan is the most inconsistent traitor ever.

Other than that, I like how they keep building up Tuttle as a classic fantasy hero only to have him gently caress up horribly or murder someone every time he tries to do something heroic.

Asema posted:

:agreed:

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
I get what people have been saying, Telltale GOT feels a bit weaker than some of their other entire (which is painfully obvious when playing Tales from the Borderlands), but I've been having a decent go at it, I'm really hoping the last two episodes are able to bring it home, because I felt like we've gotten a taste of the good stuff this episode, but I want more.

Smacked Gryff until the mom made me stop, gotta say after taking that beating last episode it was satisfying as all hell to whip him with my cane. I'm sure that won't come back to bite me in the rear end at some point. :unsmith:

I'm loving the Garred, Cotter, Finn's amazing snow road adventure going North.to find the Grove of Wonder. gently caress Frostfinger and the watch, you want to throw away a healthy boy when you have a giant gently caress off army coming down, don't mind me not giving a crap about what happens to you. Though I'm hoping Finn and Cotter can hash things out, so far they're some of my favorite characters. Also Sylvie and her fish :3:

Loved the Mira portion as well, getting the Whitehill guy to turn red like a tomato was great. I kept Serra's secret, I'm sure I'm being woefully naive trusting her, but I have her secret in the pocket in case I need to burn a contact. Plus so far she's been fairly even in trades for favors so I'll keep being nice and be her wingwoman.

Asher's sequences continue to be the high point of the series though. I'd honestly love a prequel series of just Asher and Beshka trucking around in the Free Cities in their earlier mercenary days. I felt bad volunteering Beshka for the mission, though I killed her master myself. Really Beshka, I know you deserve vengeance, but couldn't it have waited until after the damned mission? I killed him myself, no point in letting him go and alert the guards, but we didn't have time to make him suffer. Also I didn't touch the dragon because its a goddamn dragon, not a puppy.

Called Ludd's bluff and brought Gleenmore soldiers to Highpoint along with Duncan. I'm still not sure who the traitor is, though I've heard some compelling theories about the master being the Whitehill brother who went to the Citadel, since Gryff probably didn't know him that well, he might not have recognized him as he was beating the stuffing out of him. Glad to see Rodrick standing up for the house and putting Ludd in his place...

That being said, I'm going to be the biggest kiss-rear end to Ramsey and I'll throw any Whitehill under the bus if I can. Sorry Gwen, but your family sucks.

Random notes:

*Glad Finn still won't let Cotter live down the potato loving comment.

*Seems like Telltale was able to really capture Emilia Clarke's eyebrow game.

*Gwyn keeps tying to make us like her family and feel sympathy, I'm sorry, but they're all assholes Gwyn, you're just going to have to accept that at a certain point.

*I still think its funny that the two best parts of the game are set pretty much has far away from the North as you can get. Seriously Telltale, if you want more money, make an Asher prequel about fighting, drinking and snarking across the Free Cities. It would basically be the Westrosi Tales from the Borderlands. Also release episode three of Tales from the Borderlands! :colbert:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

"Don't kill that Master, he will receive justice eventually!" *orders you to murder 20 guards*

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Preview chat: I can't believe they're actually going to hold the thing with Beskha's master against you based on that preview. The logic there is so baffling that I have no idea how a rational person could think that way. "Justice is for Meereen, not for you"... except the fact that Daenerys is the one instigating the whole thing in the first place, purely because she feels sad about people who have directly suffered from it. You know, people like Beskha? :jerkbag:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Generic American posted:

Preview chat: I can't believe they're actually going to hold the thing with Beskha's master against you based on that preview. The logic there is so baffling that I have no idea how a rational person could think that way. "Justice is for Meereen, not for you"... except the fact that Daenerys is the one instigating the whole thing in the first place, purely because she feels sad about people who have directly suffered from it. You know, people like Beskha? :jerkbag:

You weren't the "leader" in that sequence, so Dany may not be talking to you in the preview.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
So does the sequence with Beshka's previous master always end with getting scolded by Daenerys regardless of your choices? I let her kill him but im curious as to if you can spare his life at all or if she kills him anyway.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Buzkashi posted:

Granted I'm only getting a secondhand account of it from my girlfriend, but it really doesn't sound like it's moving past the teen poo poo. Plus it sounds like this last episode of it completely negates everything else you've done/discovered thus far.

The dialogue is pretty set in a foundation of full teen bullshit. The gameplay mechanics/world-building and presentation are all leaps and bounds over the recent Telltale offerings though.

As for your spoiler: Introduction of a shock'd new power that leads to an alternate timeline, We'll be back in the "main" timeline soon enough as the preview shows the main character in her usual clothing

Asema fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 28, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I really liked the choice in the Whitehill's keep. Admittedly I'd have liked it better if ATTACK could actually have stuck and had horrible casualties but at least it was hilarious to get to see it and then rewind. Calling his bluff was cool too.

Less thrilled to see Ramsay back again because it's no fun trying to gently caress with someone who has total and complete plot armor. I'm fine if everything turns to poo poo and ends up in a huge disaster but it's less interesting when you're up against a guy who you know that at the very least you will never be able to kill or seriously harm.

One other thing that annoyed me is that there was no option to argue to Croft that Beskha killing her old master was perfectly just and in keeping with Dany's mission. You better be able to at least point that out to her next time even though I fully expect her to hypocritically ignore it but well that's just Dany and we're plenty used to her by now.

Overall this was a really fun episode. I just like going all out nuts and reckless more and more as things go on because actually trying to carefully plan things is just a waste of time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Buzkashi posted:

I have been watching the super best friends play through of it and while i find the mechanics cool, i cant stand anything else. the dumb teen poo poo, the lovely,awful rear end in a top hat of best friend that is Chloe, they annoying hipster motif and constant internet/meme/reference humor. Sucks because there are alot of cool ideas and concepts that are explored ( The suicide attempt ) Tell tale has alot of issues when it comes to choice and actions but they are great at making choices feel great in heat of the moment scenes.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 28, 2015

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Life is Strange has set off some sort of weird Goon paradox. It's a bit too authentic in the way that the teens in a teen setting talk and people can't get over it to see the story that is being told. (My sister sounded exactly like Chloe when I went home to visit for Christmas) Yet if you give teen's in a teen setting too much adult dialog you get the "Juno" effect of "No teen talks like that/about that type of stuff!"

To each their own :shobon:

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
This game is full of moments where the antagonists are like: "I'm glad your father and brother died, they were filth and filth deserves to die! Scrub my boots Forrester dog!"

1. We're sorry that by dying and gushing blood everywhere they soiled your boots, Lord Whitehill. We will definitely make it up to you and will die in a less messy way in the future.
2. We should talk this through with a cool head.
3. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.

*punishes or makes the player feel guilty for picking option 3*

Do they honestly expect anyone to try and placate the loving Whitehills when litterally the first thing Lord Whitehill says when coming in your halls in episode one is basically that he's happy half your family got murdered? There's no nuance or depth to this game, none of these grey caracters you should expect from a game of thrones game. I still like the voice acting and overall scenario, but I will echo what a lot of you said here in that I reached a certain threshold where I stopped trying to use a middle of the road approach. As soon as the game gave me the power to do SOMETHING Getting the 20 elite guards I just went ahead and put all these assholes in jail, and stabbed Gryff's eye with my cane just because I could not stand seeing people get beaten and humiliated anymore.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Athropos posted:

This game is full of moments where the antagonists are like: "I'm glad your father and brother died, they were filth and filth deserves to die! Scrub my boots Forrester dog!"

1. We're sorry that by dying and gushing blood everywhere they soiled your boots, Lord Whitehill. We will definitely make it up to you and will die in a less messy way in the future.
2. We should talk this through with a cool head.
3. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.

*punishes or makes the player feel guilty for picking option 3*

Do they honestly expect anyone to try and placate the loving Whitehills when litterally the first thing Lord Whitehill says when coming in your halls in episode one is basically that he's happy half your family got murdered? There's no nuance or depth to this game, none of these grey caracters you should expect from a game of thrones game. I still like the voice acting and overall scenario, but I will echo what a lot of you said here in that I reached a certain threshold where I stopped trying to use a middle of the road approach. As soon as the game gave me the power to do SOMETHING Getting the 20 elite guards I just went ahead and put all these assholes in jail, and stabbed Gryff's eye with my cane just because I could not stand seeing people get beaten and humiliated anymore.
Yeah i did the same. gently caress the whitehills, if my house is going down, so is theirs. Its also some what encouraging to see how small the immediate whitehill family is. the mother is dead, as is one of the brothers. the other brother is at the maesters training academy which rules him out of the political game. one brother is in dreadfrort with the boltons so he might come into play, but other then him its just ludd and gryff.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Speaking of the painting. Is it possible Gryff pulled a Tyrion?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I goddamn hated that painting scene. Aww, You See? The Whitehills Are Just Fellow Northmen Like You. We All Want The Same Thing In The End.

Give me a break...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, its pretty bad how they don't even bother trying do any kind of shades of gray but still think they are, but I don't mind it so long as I can end Ludd's fatass.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Generic American posted:

Again, Dany doesn't want all the former slaves to murder all their former masters, because that'd be a bloodbath probably killing a lot of innocent families and those who didn't own slaves but weren't slaves themselves. It'd be all to easy to lose control of the situation if you just let everyone take revenge, a problem that's actually playing out in the show and the books.

As for the game not giving you enough opportunities to stand up to the Whitehills, biding your time, feigning weakness and playing along is a smart play, because your house really isn't strong enough to fight the Whitehills yet. Of course the game doesn't just let you charge off and crush them at the first insult, they're trying to build some tension - Roderick first appears physically broken, but he's growing stronger with every episode and might well be fighting again by the end of the season, an arc that mirrors House Forrester's.

I was actually weirdly thrown off when I tried to turn down the Glenmore soldiers and refuse Elena's help, because the game basically forced you to accept them anyway and then had you overthrow Gryff, which I thought was way too premature - and I was right, because it brought Ramsay down on your House. The choice should've been between using the Glenmore soldiers to capture Gryff and prevent the wedding or allow the wedding to go forward uninterrupted (she'd already turned Roderick down in my game) and keep playing the long game until Mira and Asher come through or something happens to distract the Boltons (Stannis, for example).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Thoughts:

Overall, this was probably a marginal improvement as an episode, but playing Life is Strange at the same time is REALLY making me aware of how bad Telltale's railroading is/feels. A lot of the time I have a hard time caring about my choices because they just don't feel like they matter. In the Walking Dead, the relationships with the other characters and how you developed Lee were what mattered even if all the main plot points were fixed. In GoT I've got too many characters to juggle and it's hard to get really attached to any of them to see their development and a lot of the side characters are meh. I get that they're trying to ape the GoT jump around style, but I kind of wish the game was just Asher and Beskha bumming around the East.

The Whitehills are so cartoonishly evil that I just stopped giving a gently caress because the game has made it seem like there is no winning, so I might as well just gently caress them over as much as possible before I run the Forrester's house into the ground. I assume there is no way to stick with the Watch and avoid execution as Gared because that seems like a pretty big plot split. If they did it, I'd actually be impressed for Telltale, but that whole section felt like peak railroading, and totally irrational behavior by everyone. Really, no one believe that Britt, who is a huge piece of poo poo and blames Gared for getting him sent to the wall could possibly have attacked him? No one? And since when has anyone in GoT given two shits about killing in self defense?

Beshka as a former slave was telegraphed a bit too hard. Dany also seemed really unlike book Dany. She was pretty antagonistic to a guy whose family (well mother's side) backed hers up to the end at pretty great personal expense. It just felt off. I was also totally baffled by why we were supposed to give a poo poo that Beshka killed her former master. Sure we were supposed to listen to Croft, but why does he give a gently caress? What makes him think that Daenerys "kill the masters" Targaryen is going to give any sort of a poo poo about a former-slave killing her master -a guy who made children fight to the death? I mean REALLY? Really, we're expected to believe that this could be remotely a thing that Daenerys would care about much less object to?

It also bothered me that the spearwives didn't even pause to consider that Cotter might be telling the truth. There are a bunch of north of the wall languages some of which Cotter would presumably know, why not try one of those?

Also how the gently caress dumb do you have to be to railroad the player into Gryff for Ryon as a trade? We just established that they have no idea that we have Gryff captive, which seems like a hell of a good position to be in given that we lack the army to kill them. So instead we're going to swap their rear end in a top hat son for a kid. Remember how they just took him in the first place? Well how the hell do you suppose this trade keeps them from just marching Gryff right back into the keep and taking over again? I'll give it to Ryon though, the kid has balls. I was a bit bummed that the kill everyone option wasn't on the table though and just went to a game over screen. I assumed Talia would get to take over, but obviously they wanted you to make it out so commence more railroading. I just can't get over how loving stupid the Whitehills are. Still, I'd rather have them than Ramsy again because he is the least satisfying enemy since you know going in that you can't ever kill or hurt him in the game.

Re end stats: What's the encounter Finn option? Apparently I and 8.3% didn't encounter him, when do you encounter him and what's the deal?

I think what the game lacks are competent enemies. In GoT you have some idiots, but you also have a lot of really cunning bad guys who are compelling in their own right (Twyinn Lannister, Littlefinger, etc.). In the game, your primary enemies are a pack of morons, and their superior is a psychopath with plot armor. I know the game was supposed to take some out of the way elements of the story so they had freedom to do what they would with the charters, but the cameos (while I suppose they act as fanservice) are directly detracting form the quality of the plot because you're constantly being thrown up against characters who have fixed paths. Like taking a deal with Tyrion before the wedding is an obviously bad move if you know that he is going to be blamed for the murder. The game feels like it would work a lot better if you never read/watched game of thrones.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 28, 2015

• Locked thread