Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

It turns out that lots of people are already trashing his pro-molester stance. What ever intern on his staff that is responsible for deleting the negative comments really has their work cut out for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

etalian posted:

Karl Rove is pretty amazing at this too.

Maybe, but he brought the monster to life that the Republicans started building in the 70s.
Now there's no way to leash the religious right nut cases. The conservative candidates he
counsels or hire him are called "RINOs" when they run against "true conservative™" Republicans.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Casimir Radon posted:

Cowards. Burn it all down and make Rim Job depend fully on right wing welfare. With the family's reputation tarnished I think that will dry up considerably.

they'll 100% be martyrs to the liberal media

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

you irl posted:

interesting piece saying that huckabee is right to push forgiveness for young offenders but questioning how sincere he really is

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7429102

Of course Huffpo is enjoying piling on the bandwagon as quickly as possibly, but in this case some perfunctory googling would have served better. Huckabee in fact had one of the most forgiving track records in the country in terms of pardons and commuting sentences. It came back to haunt him when one of those people whose sentences he commuted went on to murder four cops.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No conversation about Huckabee can go without mentioning ol dog torturer Dave Huckabee

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

No conversation about Huckabee can go without mentioning ol dog torturer Dave Huckabee

Why is it that creepy rear end deviants always look like creepy rear end deviants?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Welp add me to the list of people whose FREE SPEECH IS BEING STIFLED by the GESTAPO over on the MIKE HUCKABEE FACEBOOK PAGE :bahgawd:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Things like the Huckabee family are good proof that the South scare immigrants away wasn't the best idea.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Huckabee had a concealed-weapon permit at the time of the incident and said he forgot about the weapon in his luggage. A Little Rock Police lieutenant was quoted as saying, "It is not unusual for people to forget they have a gun in their carry-on luggage."

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Welp add me to the list of people whose FREE SPEECH IS BEING STIFLED by the GESTAPO over on the MIKE HUCKABEE FACEBOOK PAGE :bahgawd:

I'm still going strong, wierdly.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 28, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

A woman's greatness is not determined by how much she accomplishes, but by how much she suffers

god cursed women with a painful birth

its in the bible

slut shouldn't have eaten the apple

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Automatic Slim posted:

Maybe, but he brought the monster to life that the Republicans started building in the 70s.
Now there's no way to leash the religious right nut cases. The conservative candidates he
counsels or hire him are called "RINOs" when they run against "true conservative™" Republicans.

basically the machine for anti-communist agiprop went into high gear and we forgot to turn it off and are now reaping the rewards

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Huckabee's Rotund human being son

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

basically the machine for anti-communist agiprop went into high gear and we forgot to turn it off and are now reaping the rewards

it's basically a modern frankenstein that eventually turned on its cynical creators.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dead eyes, pug nose, receding hairline.
Why don't black people just take over the world?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

it's basically a modern frankenstein that eventually turned on its cynical creators.

we need to Bern it

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Scathach posted:

See, while I feel bad for the kids in the situation, all the adult women choose it. I totally have no pity on a woman who is all "Oh you molest little girls? Here, let me marry you and pop some out for ya!" At that point they're as bad as the molestors.

I don't want to single you out for this, coz it touches on a lot of stuff that I also think.

But isn't this a little bit of 'victim blaming'? I mean I know next to nothing about the Duggars, and the women who marry in to the Duggars, but I imagine that whilst they might do it of their own free will, they almost certainly do not have informed consent.

I imagine they come from out of the same brainwashed, fundie, inbred community, and are innundated with the kind of "you are a woman so you are nothing more than a flesh sack to squirt babies from. And that flesh sack is worthless if you don't keep it pure. So get married, (to someone WE choose), and obey his every whim."

You have to feel sorry for them, at least a little bit. I feel bad for the Duggar mum. She has spent nearly as much of her life pregnant as she hasn't. She also has to live in a house full of screaming, pooing, maladjusted fundies, that are being looked after bu other screaming pooing raping maladjusted fundies.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Scathach posted:

See, while I feel bad for the kids in the situation, all the adult women choose it. I totally have no pity on a woman who is all "Oh you molest little girls? Here, let me marry you and pop some out for ya!" At that point they're as bad as the molestors.

You're a moron.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Welcome to Costco. I love you.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Am I late for the :goon:? It looks like everyone on Huckabee's latest status is telling him to go gently caress himself, either about the Duggars or him apparently taking money from senior citizens to fund his campaign.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Top City Homo posted:

Huckabee's Rotund human being son

Large sons

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't want to single you out for this, coz it touches on a lot of stuff that I also think.

But isn't this a little bit of 'victim blaming'? I mean I know next to nothing about the Duggars, and the women who marry in to the Duggars, but I imagine that whilst they might do it of their own free will, they almost certainly do not have informed consent.

I imagine they come from out of the same brainwashed, fundie, inbred community, and are innundated with the kind of "you are a woman so you are nothing more than a flesh sack to squirt babies from. And that flesh sack is worthless if you don't keep it pure. So get married, (to someone WE choose), and obey his every whim."

You have to feel sorry for them, at least a little bit. I feel bad for the Duggar mum. She has spent nearly as much of her life pregnant as she hasn't. She also has to live in a house full of screaming, pooing, maladjusted fundies, that are being looked after bu other screaming pooing raping maladjusted fundies.

you're alright, kid. you're alright.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Wulfolme posted:

you're alright, kid. you're alright.

*sidehugs*

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Clochette posted:

Am I late for the :goon:? It looks like everyone on Huckabee's latest status is telling him to go gently caress himself, either about the Duggars or him apparently taking money from senior citizens to fund his campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee?fref=ts seems mods are oblivious/asleep atm.

Not quite reaganbook, but amusing none the less.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Obstacle2 posted:

You're a moron.

How am I a moron to think that the adult women who support their children getting abused are also partially at fault here? They're adults and they're choosing to let children be harmed. I grew up in a similar lovely situation with crazy super-Catholics so I know how paralyzing the abuse and control can be and how long it takes to grow out of it, but I still can't say that these wives should be treated as innocent, especially if it comes out that Josh is molesting his daughters. I'm definitely biased from my own situation growing up; it drives me nuts seeing adults claim ignorance and quote scripture when they know a child is in pain.

And I guess if the rumors are true the Duggar mom does that blanket training crap with her kids which would make her blatantly abusive herself.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

staberind posted:

https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee?fref=ts seems mods are oblivious/asleep atm.

Not quite reaganbook, but amusing none the less.

"I'm a low income person who doesn't have the means to donate to your campaign but I support what you stand for being a Christian man myself.Need some Christianity in the White house."

This should be the Republican motto

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Scathach posted:

I grew up in a similar lovely situation with crazy super-Catholics so I know how paralyzing the abuse and control can be and how long it takes to grow out of it

Obviously not. The women that are a part of these ultra-conservative groups are prisoners in almost every sense of the word.
They don't know that this kind of poo poo isn't normal.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Like I said, I'm pretty biased from my own upbringing. I just hate ignorance being used as an excuse while kids are having their lives hosed up by a duggerer.

And seeing someone marry a child molestor irks me.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 28, 2015

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Scathach posted:

How am I a moron to think that the adult women who support their children getting abused are also partially at fault here? They're adults and they're choosing to let children be harmed. I grew up in a similar lovely situation with crazy super-Catholics so I know how paralyzing the abuse and control can be and how long it takes to grow out of it, but I still can't say that these wives should be treated as innocent, especially if it comes out that Josh is molesting his daughters. I'm definitely biased from my own situation growing up; it drives me nuts seeing adults claim ignorance and quote scripture when they know a child is in pain.

And I guess if the rumors are true the Duggar mom does that blanket training crap with her kids which would make her blatantly abusive herself.

It's an explanation, but not an excuse. Yes, they are at fault, but I don't judge them as harshly as the men because they grow up being discouraged from acting without consent of a man.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
The mothers of such families should do something about it and they should soberly be held accountable for the fact that they don't, but it must be remembered that they're drowning in this poo poo just as badly as everyone else. The institutionalized abuse and dehumanization began with them. While you can level the demand against Michelle Duggar right now that she should be fighting against all this, if she ever starts to it will accomplish gently caress all to hold her prolonged failure to do so against her.

There, now everyone kiss your sister and make up.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Imagine being married to someone like josh duggar. Every day you wake up and he is lying there beside you in bed. Your entire day revolves around him and his needs and wants. He is literally, figuratively, biblically the center of your universe. He is the manifestation of God in your household, and you will obey him as man obeys God himself. You are forced to see his pale, malformed, and flabby body in the nude. You are also forced to have sex with him, and belch out as many of his children as possible as the rapid, consecutive pregnancies take a massive toll on your health. You have no money, and no skills that would allow you to support you and your rapidly growing brood outside of the home. Worse, you suspect that he may have ceased abusing his siblings and peers and moved on to abusing your children. Nobody reports it, nobody listens to you. Nobody in the community really cares. your daughters are pretty much doomed to follow in your footsteps. Your sons will grow up to be little Josh's and Jim bobs. You will be eating poo poo every day for the rest of your life. You will have to eat so much poo poo that you get used to it, and will in fact learn to relish the taste of poo poo.

I remember seeing videos of polygamist wives defending their lifestyle as being so awesome and wonderful but in reality they were just never given the option to actually see any other way of living, they were born into it and brainwashed into thinking their way was the best way. Same goes for the the Duggar kids. That's why they have to be home schooled and chaperoned constantly. If they actually experienced the outside world, they'd loving flee as soon as they were old enough.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Wulfolme posted:

The mothers of such families should do something about it and they should soberly be held accountable for the fact that they don't, but it must be remembered that they're drowning in this poo poo just as badly as everyone else. The institutionalized abuse and dehumanization began with them. While you can level the demand against Michelle Duggar right now that she should be fighting against all this, if she ever starts to it will accomplish gently caress all to hold her prolonged failure to do so against her.

There, now everyone kiss your sister and make up.

Agreed.

Uh except that last part :barf:

Scathach fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 28, 2015

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Wulfolme posted:

I see your point. Clearly the only possible solution is to kill every christian.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Scathach posted:

they're completely broken ppl I hoe this helps

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Scathach posted:

Like I said, I'm pretty biased from my own upbringing. I just hate ignorance being used as an excuse while kids are having their lives hosed up by a duggerer.

And seeing someone marry a child molestor irks me.

I agree with you that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to abuse, or facilitating abuse. Nor does anything excuse the abuse.

But I still think you are being overly harsh on women who are victims of abuse/isolation/family pressure themselves.

Wulfolme posted:

You're a good'un

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Picnic Princess posted:

I remember seeing videos of polygamist wives defending their lifestyle as being so awesome and wonderful but in reality they were just never given the option to actually see any other way of living, they were born into it and brainwashed into thinking their way was the best way. Same goes for the the Duggar kids. That's why they have to be home schooled and chaperoned constantly. If they actually experienced the outside world, they'd loving flee as soon as they were old enough.

i have some fundie relatives, and the women are the ones defending this creep. sucks because they used to be really cool

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

reagan posted:

i have some fundie relatives, and the women are the ones defending this creep. sucks because they used to be really cool

From all the stuff I've seen online, the most vocal people for the Duggars seem to be women. But that might be because mostly women watch/know about the show.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tricky D posted:

I've met some christian fundies who refused to eat pork.
The funny thing about those Christian Fundies is that Jesus says right at the start of the New Testament, in the Sermon on the Mount, that all the "don't eat pork...don't eat shellfish...don't mix fabrics in your garments" stuff didn't matter, but they still take every word from the Old Testament literally.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

The funny thing about those Christian Fundies is that Jesus says right at the start of the New Testament, in the Sermon on the Mount, that all the "don't eat pork...don't eat shellfish...don't mix fabrics in your garments" stuff didn't matter, but they still take every word from the Old Testament literally.

they just follow the Jefferson version of the Bible, cross out the stuff you don't like such as caring for the poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pretty sure his name is Davey Jo Bob

• Locked thread