Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I think acorns disappeared or something? In the latest nightly build I havent been able to pick any acorns at all from blackjack oaks.

Edit: I am finding comments talking about a nerf to acorns on the official forums by other players I think. Awww. Oh well.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

silentsnack posted:

A more realistic health system would be: almost every injury causes some quantifiable combination of abrasion and and laceration (bleeding, requires stitches) and bacterial contamination (which needs to be disinfected if it's an open wound) and bruising (reduces mobility/effective str) which takes a few days to heal, broken bones stay broken for several weeks and if you go running around on a broken leg without crutches or a wheelchair it doesn't heal properly.

DwarfFortressDesignDoc.txt

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

:sigh: it was so nice with that being left behind a page ago, guess I better get used to the idea of needing to take 4 levels of first aid out the gate so I can deal with acid burns on my feet or my fibulae getting set on fire and whatnot without permanent damage to the nervous system and/or hilariously unstoppable death by pain too great to fix with drugs

e: okay it would be pretty funny the first time to have a flaming eye set your bones on fire and an extremely metal death but focusing on that misses the point

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 25, 2015

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Artificer posted:

I think acorns disappeared or something? In the latest nightly build I havent been able to pick any acorns at all from blackjack oaks.

Edit: I am finding comments talking about a nerf to acorns on the official forums by other players I think. Awww. Oh well.

Acorns are now something you find in the underbrush when it's the right season, rather than being able to pull them off blackjack oaks. It's still quite possible to end up with a lot when it's the right time though, so don't worry about starving. The changes to foraging in the experimental more than makes up for it, with regenerating underbrush and more foods/seeds to find and grow.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Acorns are now something you find in the underbrush when it's the right season, rather than being able to pull them off blackjack oaks. It's still quite possible to end up with a lot when it's the right time though, so don't worry about starving. The changes to foraging in the experimental more than makes up for it, with regenerating underbrush and more foods/seeds to find and grow.

Hm... I wonder how long it takes for underbrush to come back? And how long it takes for food to grow.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

on the other hand I don't think an Unreal World system would really be fun in Cataclysm with unmodified brutes/spitters/shockers and so forth ready to inflict tons of specialized damage, but if some idiot decides to mod it in the leadership will probably not veto it and I will blame you for possibly giving them the idea

If a wound system replaced the current pain system, it probably wouldn't be too bullshitty. If it made the resulting debuff longer but less severe, you wouldn't be as debilitated during the critical getting-attacked-by-zombies stage, but still provide a disincentive to getting injured. For instance, if a bite to the arm affected your attack speed/power instead of your overall speed, it would become a lot more survivable for your to run away.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

ducttape posted:

If a wound system replaced the current pain system, it probably wouldn't be too bullshitty. If it made the resulting debuff longer but less severe, you wouldn't be as debilitated during the critical getting-attacked-by-zombies stage, but still provide a disincentive to getting injured. For instance, if a bite to the arm affected your attack speed/power instead of your overall speed, it would become a lot more survivable for your to run away.

The problem with this assumption is that you think someone crazy enough to completely rework injuries in the name of realism alone would be sensible enough to nerf the strength of injuries to balance out the extra impairment potential. It's not impossible that they would eventually be nerfed anyway but someone else will have to do it and it will be like the tetanus problem of yesteryear (presumably before your time but essentially for a while if you ever walked over a broken window or wreckage you'd instantly cut yourself and get tetanus, and the cure was pretty much only at a hospital as I recall) until somebody decides it's been implemented poorly and goes through with all the changes needed. It's not that it can't be done right, it's that it's extremely unlikely for someone within the current community who would try to do it right to show up before someone whose idea of realism is skewed exclusively towards making the game harder does it and the result will be stupidly painful for who knows how long.

That said, this all goes out the window the second brain damage/nerve damage and other fun conditions that can only be fixed with high-end equipment are introduced because then the idiocy can be turned up to 11. Concussions, mad cow disease, lead poisoning... so many 'fun' expansions that will just lead to ruining new characters by players who didn't know how to or just plain couldn't avoid them in the first place.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Artificer posted:

Hm... I wonder how long it takes for underbrush to come back? And how long it takes for food to grow.

Well, so far in the latest stable most seeds take around two/three months to grow, maybe more or less depending on the plant and if you have fertilizer or not. If you go around foraging all the blueberry bushes in summer and planting the seeds it can result in a decent amount of food that you can harvest later.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

on the other hand I don't think an Unreal World system would really be fun in Cataclysm with unmodified brutes/spitters/shockers and so forth ready to inflict tons of specialized damage, but if some idiot decides to mod it in the leadership will probably not veto it and I will blame you for possibly giving them the idea

Its very scary and confusing, this development destination of your choosing.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Artificer posted:

Depends on the plant and how long you have your seasons. Both underbrush regenerating and farming are based on seasons, not days. It's all there on the item browser I imagine. Maybe the git?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
How long have NPCs been able to break into places? I was standing outside a grocery store when an NPC ran up and chatted with me for a second, then he busted out the front windows and ran inside. The game suddenly turned into a post apocalyptic Supermarket Sweep as I raced through the store trying to loot as much as I could before him while we both fought off the zombie horde his entrance attracted. I eventually won when he got bogged down in a corner, which gave me a second to grab a shopping cart so I could clear out entire aisles at a time. I was nice enough to go save him once I horded everything. He lives in the back of the store now.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

StealthArcher posted:

Its very scary and confusing, this development destination of your choosing.

:3:

sorry for my pessimism, bad memories abound and i want to avoid being sucked inside instead to the most unpleasant game i've ever seen when i open up the zip

girth brooks part 2 posted:

How long have NPCs been able to break into places? I was standing outside a grocery store when an NPC ran up and chatted with me for a second, then he busted out the front windows and ran inside. The game suddenly turned into a post apocalyptic Supermarket Sweep as I raced through the store trying to loot as much as I could before him while we both fought off the zombie horde his entrance attracted. I eventually won when he got bogged down in a corner, which gave me a second to grab a shopping cart so I could clear out entire aisles at a time. I was nice enough to go save him once I horded everything. He lives in the back of the store now.

Judging from all the times I've seen NPCs tromp through forests trying desperately to beat up a squirrel over many versions, I'd be surprised if there's ever been any code designed to make them care about where they're actually going more than the average zombie if there is either a monster to kill or stuff to pick up and hoard.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

:3:

sorry for my pessimism, bad memories abound and i want to avoid being sucked inside instead to the most unpleasant game i've ever seen when i open up the zip

Judging from all the times I've seen NPCs tromp through forests trying desperately to beat up a squirrel over many versions, I'd be surprised if there's ever been any code designed to make them care about where they're actually going more than the average zombie if there is either a monster to kill or stuff to pick up and hoard.

Makes sense, I guess I've just never seen it before. I've seen them go into buildings plenty of times but there was always an open entrance. I've never had one actually bust out a window to create one. It just has me a little concerned because I always assumed if I kept everything shut on my safe-houses NPCs would ignore them.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Makes sense, I guess I've just never seen it before. I've seen them go into buildings plenty of times but there was always an open entrance. I've never had one actually bust out a window to create one. It just has me a little concerned because I always assumed if I kept everything shut on my safe-houses NPCs would ignore them.

It's still probably a safe bet as long as you have curtains on all the windows and keep them shut, though you really want a bulletin board to be absolutely sure since to my knowledge that's the only way to 100% guarantee they won't run after anything remotely killable come hell or high water.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Tailoring is amazing. Aside from giving you amazing storage options, Leather is the de facto zombie stopping material and you can put it on everything. The major problem is finding enough leather, but I've been getting it by cutting up shoes and clothes. At this point I have three layers of leather reinforced shirts and leather reinforced cargo pants, A leather helmet, bone gauntlets and boots, metal arm guards, and paper leg guards. Regular zombies can't even hurt my character anymore. Only shockers and spitters are a cause for worry (although I haven't seen any Brutes yet).

tailoring is the poo poo

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 27, 2015

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Once you have enough mechanics skill, you can tear seats off vehicles and disassemble them for leather, although I can't remember whether you need a welder for that. I've generally gotten enough from cutting up clothes that I've never needed to, but it's always an option.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Inadequately posted:

Once you have enough mechanics skill, you can tear seats off vehicles and disassemble them for leather, although I can't remember whether you need a welder for that. I've generally gotten enough from cutting up clothes that I've never needed to, but it's always an option.

Hacksaw and wrench.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Taking apart cars for Mechanics is a lot more time consuming than I had hoped it would be. Ah well. That looks like it still is the best method for now.

In the meantime, are there any good passive ways of getting food? I'm farming but nothing has grown yet, though it hasn't been very long and I don't have any fertilizer. Does that affect time/harvest amount? Also, I'm thinking about going into fish trapping, but I don't have any empty gallon jugs at the moment, though if bleach and vegetable oil isn't used for anything then I could dump those out and use those jugs.

Finally, I went blind in the middle of the Summer day. What happened? Were things too bright for me? I don't think I got hit in the eye recently...

Galm
Oct 31, 2009

Artificer posted:

Taking apart cars for Mechanics is a lot more time consuming than I had hoped it would be. Ah well. That looks like it still is the best method for now.

In the meantime, are there any good passive ways of getting food? I'm farming but nothing has grown yet, though it hasn't been very long and I don't have any fertilizer. Does that affect time/harvest amount? Also, I'm thinking about going into fish trapping, but I don't have any empty gallon jugs at the moment, though if bleach and vegetable oil isn't used for anything then I could dump those out and use those jugs.

Finally, I went blind in the middle of the Summer day. What happened? Were things too bright for me? I don't think I got hit in the eye recently...
Fishing is hilarious. I once set 10 traps on a single tile and once three hours passed all the nearby fish teleported to that tile. So much that it overflowed into adjacent tiles.
Fish don't seem to replenish though, so you'll need to keep moving. Of course, with fish and bones you can make tons of aspic; which should hold you for quite a bit.

As for the blindness, all I can think of are teleglow or brain parasites. Or a bug.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Galm posted:

Fishing is hilarious. I once set 10 traps on a single tile and once three hours passed all the nearby fish teleported to that tile. So much that it overflowed into adjacent tiles.
Fish don't seem to replenish though, so you'll need to keep moving. Of course, with fish and bones you can make tons of aspic; which should hold you for quite a bit.

As for the blindness, all I can think of are teleglow or brain parasites. Or a bug.

Brain parasites? Oh dear.

Edit: How do I see how I can repair my weapon? I damaged my knife spear last time stabbing a Survivor Zombie.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 28, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Repair kits are a thing, but they consume duct tape. It'd be more efficient to just make a new spear.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

I think my heart just broke. Been playing this game on and off the past year, never saw an artifact spawn in the wild. While dicking around in the subway tunnels today I ran into no less than TWO almost immediately after each other along the same tunnel. One was surrounded by fire and the other by "breathers". Spent some time training my unarmed on the breathers once I worked out they're not immediately dangerous, figured there would be some trick to that artifact once I picked it up and decided to go after the fire one. Spraying the flames with an extinguisher did no good, the flames were random intense blazes that lasted only a turn or two in an 8x8 square around the middle.

Timed my step wrong, stepped right into the fire and died instantly.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

CheeseThief posted:

I think my heart just broke. Been playing this game on and off the past year, never saw an artifact spawn in the wild. While dicking around in the subway tunnels today I ran into no less than TWO almost immediately after each other along the same tunnel. One was surrounded by fire and the other by "breathers". Spent some time training my unarmed on the breathers once I worked out they're not immediately dangerous, figured there would be some trick to that artifact once I picked it up and decided to go after the fire one. Spraying the flames with an extinguisher did no good, the flames were random intense blazes that lasted only a turn or two in an 8x8 square around the middle.

Timed my step wrong, stepped right into the fire and died instantly.

That sucks enormously. :( Sorry, dude.

Is it possible to disassemble fireplaces in homes and relocate them to your base?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Artificer posted:

You wanna keep that cooking oil for johnnycakes and such. The bleach you could probably dump.

How long has this character survived that you need to concern yourself with living off the land, rather than living off the diseased, pathetic remains of human civilization? I've yet to build a functioning Killdozer, but even on foot, there's enough food within one day's travel of my shelter to sustain me pretty much forever.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Artificer posted:

That sucks enormously. :( Sorry, dude.

Is it possible to disassemble fireplaces in homes and relocate them to your base?

As I recall the fireplace is just 40 rocks and 3 construction skill. You could probably disassemble one you find for materials but you'd still need to move it and the skill to rebuild it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Solid Poopsnake posted:

You wanna keep that cooking oil for johnnycakes and such. The bleach you could probably dump.

How long has this character survived that you need to concern yourself with living off the land, rather than living off the diseased, pathetic remains of human civilization? I've yet to build a functioning Killdozer, but even on foot, there's enough food within one day's travel of my shelter to sustain me pretty much forever.

I'm just shy of heading into town since last time I tried to loot some food I led some zombies on a very merry chase for a while. I'm wary of trying that again. :v:

Ah, perhaps I can't deconstruct it because I don't have enough Construction then.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Artificer posted:

I'm just shy of heading into town since last time I tried to loot some food I led some zombies on a very merry chase for a while. I'm wary of trying that again. :v:

Ah, perhaps I can't deconstruct it because I don't have enough Construction then.

You may want to try running the Slow Zombies and Mundane Zombies mods at first, while you get a feel for combat. Even without it, though, you have options for winning early combat and don't necessarily need to always run. A heavy stick or two-by-four plus a sharp object and literally no skill in anything will make a cudgel. This is pretty much the best early game weapon because it stunlocks the poo poo out of zombies. Lure an enemy onto a bush or windowsill and they'll also be slowed way the gently caress down. Clock them a few times (since they can't hit back for awhile), then backpedal and lure them onto the next obstacle. Debris fields are super useful for handling multiple zombies if there's one nearby. Then steal their lovely, ragged khakis and tear them up for materials.

For looting specifically, a pipe and a hammering object (such as a rock) makes a makeshift crowbar. This lets you enter most locked structures without breaking a window, which is way quieter. (a)pply it in the direction of a locked door. Seriously, the houses on the outskirts of town are where it's at. Clothes for rags and leather, food, batteries, books, toilet water, gallon jugs (which are useful beyond belief for all kinds of poo poo), even morale boosters like vibrators and MP3 players. Go to town! GO TO TOWN ARTIFICER

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Solid Poopsnake posted:

You may want to try running the Slow Zombies and Mundane Zombies mods at first, while you get a feel for combat. Even without it, though, you have options for winning early combat and don't necessarily need to always run. A heavy stick or two-by-four plus a sharp object and literally no skill in anything will make a cudgel. This is pretty much the best early game weapon because it stunlocks the poo poo out of zombies. Lure an enemy onto a bush or windowsill and they'll also be slowed way the gently caress down. Clock them a few times (since they can't hit back for awhile), then backpedal and lure them onto the next obstacle. Debris fields are super useful for handling multiple zombies if there's one nearby. Then steal their lovely, ragged khakis and tear them up for materials.

For looting specifically, a pipe and a hammering object (such as a rock) makes a makeshift crowbar. This lets you enter most locked structures without breaking a window, which is way quieter. (a)pply it in the direction of a locked door. Seriously, the houses on the outskirts of town are where it's at. Clothes for rags and leather, food, batteries, books, toilet water, gallon jugs (which are useful beyond belief for all kinds of poo poo), even morale boosters like vibrators and MP3 players. Go to town! GO TO TOWN ARTIFICER

gently caress it. Good point. Better than trying to scrabble out a existence foraging while running back and forth between disassembling cars and home.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man, I have no luck so far in my attempts to get going in this for the first time in year(s?). I get a good start. Smashing up the shelter and spending the first day crafting up till I have a DIY spear, homemade trenchcoat+backpack, and makeshift lockpicks/crowbar. But every time I try to raid houses in the dead of the first night I find nothing. The one time I did find some decent stuff I made the mistake of checking out a basement and got murdered by giant spiders. Or in once case, walk out the shelter right into a surprise battle between zombies and wildlife around a wrecked APC a few squares out the door and get killed in the chaos.

Argh!

I keep spawning with really tiny towns nearby too, like 4-5 houses and almost nothing else.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Artificer posted:

gently caress it. Good point. Better than trying to scrabble out a existence foraging while running back and forth between disassembling cars and home.

If you're real nervous about this particular character dying, maybe make a second world and a new character and just throw yourself into combat a lot. You'll die repeatedly, but gently caress it, it's a learning experience. You can also cheat yourself through the beginning grind to make going out into the world faster. Just give yourself a couple items you might reasonably find in the evac basement, like some cans of soup and rags and maybe a lighter.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Man, I have no luck so far in my attempts to get going in this for the first time in year(s?). I get a good start. Smashing up the shelter and spending the first day crafting up till I have a DIY spear, homemade trenchcoat+backpack, and makeshift lockpicks/crowbar. But every time I try to raid houses in the dead of the first night I find nothing. The one time I did find some decent stuff I made the mistake of checking out a basement and got murdered by giant spiders. Or in once case, walk out the shelter right into a surprise battle between zombies and wildlife around a wrecked APC a few squares out the door and get killed in the chaos.

Argh!

I keep spawning with really tiny towns nearby too, like 4-5 houses and almost nothing else.

This is why I change the city density value to 8 from 4, then repeatedly suicide until I like my spawn. I feel you on the spiders, though. After Yakety Saxing my way across town getting chased by giant black widows once, I always frantically e(x)amine any basement for webs as soon as I get in there. Also, nevermind the spear. Check the cudgel info above. Even after I upgrade to better weapons, I always keep a cudgel on me for stunning purposes, in case I need to clock a dude and run the gently caress away.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Knife spear is no good? Maybe I read an outdated guide (wouldn't surprise me).

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Knife spear is no good? Maybe I read an outdated guide (wouldn't surprise me).

The knife spear isn't bad, it's just not the best early weapon anymore. A cudgel is super easy to make, is fast as Hell, and stunlocks. It doesn't do much damage, but in this context that's actually a good thing, because it trains up your bashing/melee. At either 3 bashing/2 fab or 2 bashing/3 fab - I can't remember - you can make a quarterstaff with some two-by-fours and leather, too. I don't think it stunlocks as effectively, but it does plenty damage and is also fast as poo poo. It's great against shock-type zombies, too.

E: Why couldn't I bring this kind of knowledge to my lovely, lovely CDDA LP?

Galm
Oct 31, 2009

First actual combat vehicle wheeee!

I decided to make one after digging up mine. Look at the fuel cost, or don't as it isn't there; the vortex engine I made from the vortex stones means I move for free.
Armament consists of two Perforator turrets and one manual slingshot cannon. On a vehicle this small I don't think I can mount enough solar panels to power energy weapons. The slingshot cannon uses rocks and is obscenely powerful up close. I shot a hulk two tiles away and dealt 138 damage and stunned it.

I use this thing to kite crowds as it's fairly fast and turns on a dime. The weapons are fairly light, but the ammo is plentiful: Perforators use nails and power while the cannon uses rocks (and can fire mininukes!).

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Galm posted:

First actual combat vehicle wheeee!

I decided to make one after digging up mine. Look at the fuel cost, or don't as it isn't there; the vortex engine I made from the vortex stones means I move for free.
Armament consists of two Perforator turrets and one manual slingshot cannon. On a vehicle this small I don't think I can mount enough solar panels to power energy weapons. The slingshot cannon uses rocks and is obscenely powerful up close. I shot a hulk two tiles away and dealt 138 damage and stunned it.

I use this thing to kite crowds as it's fairly fast and turns on a dime. The weapons are fairly light, but the ammo is plentiful: Perforators use nails and power while the cannon uses rocks (and can fire mininukes!).

This is pro-Cataclysm.

E: I meant Pro Cataclysm but gently caress it i guess they both apply

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 28, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Solid Poopsnake posted:

The knife spear isn't bad, it's just not the best early weapon anymore. A cudgel is super easy to make, is fast as Hell, and stunlocks. It doesn't do much damage, but in this context that's actually a good thing, because it trains up your bashing/melee. At either 3 bashing/2 fab or 2 bashing/3 fab - I can't remember - you can make a quarterstaff with some two-by-fours and leather, too. I don't think it stunlocks as effectively, but it does plenty damage and is also fast as poo poo. It's great against shock-type zombies, too.

E: Why couldn't I bring this kind of knowledge to my lovely, lovely CDDA LP?

I think I've collected enough stuff along the way and stabbed enough things with my knife spear that I can make a Steel Spear. I figure it might be worthwhile to make this and the cudgel as well, since the Quarterstaff sounds like it would be great for those spooky Shockers I've seen along the way, as you've said.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Got bored, quickly bashed this out. :v:

code:
[
    {
        "type": "profession",
        "ident": "MadMax",
        "name": "Road Warrior",
        "description": "A legend in the wasteland, you run from both the living and the dead in a never ending quest for survival and guzzoline.",
        "points": 0,
        "skills": [
            {
                "level": 2,
                "name": "driving"
            },
            {
                "level": 1,
                "name": "gun"
            },
            {
                "name": "melee"
            },
            {
                "name": "survival"
            },
            {
                "name": "dodge"
            }
        ],
        "items": {
            "both": [
                "tshirt",
                "jacket_leather",
                "pants_leather",
                "gloves_leather",
                "socks",
                "boots",
                "shotgun_sawn",
                "holster",
                "pockknife"
            ],
            "male": [
                "boxer_shorts"
            ],
            "female": [
                "sports_bra",
                "panties"
            ]
        }
    }
]
Tempted to make a class that just starts with all the skills and inventory I'd get from just sitting around the evac shelter for 30 (IRL) minutes preparing for actually going out in the world.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 28, 2015

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

code:
[
    {
        "type": "profession",
        "ident": "MadMax",
        "name": "Road Warrior",
        "description": "A legend in the wasteland, you run from both the living and the dead in a never ending quest for survival and guzzoline.",
        "points": 0,
        "skills": [
            {
                "level": 2,
                "name": "driving"
            },
            {
                "name": "gun"
            },
            {
                "name": "melee"
            },
            {
                "name": "survival"
            },
            {
                "name": "dodge"
            }
        ],
        "items": {
            "both": [
                "tshirt",
                "jacket_leather",
                "pants_leather",
                "gloves_leather",
                "socks",
                "boots",
                "shotgun_sawn",
                "holster",
                "pockknife"
            ],
            "male": [
                "boxer_shorts"
            ],
            "female": [
                "sports_bra",
                "panties"
            ]
        }
    }
]
Tempted to make a class that just starts with all the skills and inventory I'd get from just sitting around the evac shelter for 30 (IRL) minutes preparing for actually going out in the world.

Boy shorts.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You don't have any ammo for the shotgun. This may be deliberate.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

On the topic of cooking things and braziers/fireplaces, I usually just make a beeline for restaurants or fast food places and then drag a stove from there out of the building and to wherever my base is (provided it isn't too far away, but I usually set up base closer to towns anyway until I can get my mobile home built).

Dragging furniture doesn't work the same way as dragging a shopping cart or wheelbarrow, it's really annoying but less annoying then scavenging 40 rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The Lone Badger posted:

You don't have any ammo for the shotgun. This may be deliberate.

Totally. :v:

quote:

Empty! All this time! That's dishonest! Low!

Especially since you can only seem to give a full stack of ammo. If I was gonna give him ammo, it'd be only a few precious shells.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 28, 2015