Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hiddenmovement posted:

This is honestly most of what goes on in the Geelong board.

It's an oddly upbeat not terrible place.

EDIT: I forgot about the Vardy/Menzel/Cowan/McIntosh update threads. Menzel posted an instagram of him at the shops! He's not dead!

EDIT 2: Lmao the Menzel thread is nearly 50 pages long

I haven't been on BF so far this season. The Geelong sub forum always seemed to be alright, other than the "let's get rid of <player's name> from the team for a good draft pick"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Doctor Cave posted:

A paid tell-all interview. I expect him to lob a few grenades :getin:

I believe he turned down a paid interview on The Footy Show to do an unpaid one on Foxtel.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Thank Christ I don't have to break my years long streak of not watching The Footy Show.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

pkid posted:

I believe he turned down a paid interview on The Footy Show to do an unpaid one on Foxtel.

Noice. I just assumed it would be paid as that's the normal course of action in these sort of things.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gough Suppressant posted:

Ohhhhh, you're a league fan. this explains a lot. You should have told me last time round, I don't victimise the disabled.

Spacman posted:

I just like to be able to gently caress up whitey without the cops turning up for once. Since I lost my leg I play disabled rugby. Now I get to gently caress up retarded whities, win , win.

Both of these posts are horrible, chaps.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

pkid posted:

Fox aren't paying him? Seems unlikely?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The only club dumb enough to hire Malthouse now already sacked him two days ago.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Both of these posts are horrible, chaps.

A good point. I apologise for using disability as a punch line.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

A good point. I apologise for using disability as a punch line.

:hfive:

Looking forward to Malthouse making Trigg look even stupider than before somehow.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
My guess for Malthouse not wanting a paid interview is he's just finishing up 30 years in a pretty well paid profession, with a $500k lump sum payout from Carlton, and he figures more grenades will stick if people can't say he's lobbing them for the cash.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Good article on the state of the Blues.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/after-malthouse-carlton-trying-not-to-be-the-blues-20150527-ghawoo.html

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Off Malthouse and back on Goodes:

I reckon the reason that the racists boo, (and make no mistake it is the racists that boo Goodes), is less to do with the fact that he is black, and more to do with the fact is he is an 'uppity' black that calls out racism and racists when he sees it, and refuses to meekly accept his role like "one of the good ones".

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Yeah its a classic seen but not heard mentality

They want a nice, safe black man that doesn't challenge their world view or threaten their preferred view of the social order, a nice, safe Morgan Freeman esque magic man that can wander in and reassure them they are on the right path all along

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 28, 2015

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Colin Sylvia back in Dockers colours on Saturday!

...Templestowe Dockers. Expected to train tonight.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

TG-Chrono posted:

Expected to train tonight.

yeah...nah

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Shmoses posted:

Fox aren't paying him? Seems unlikely?

It could be that the interview is unpaid but that Mick is joining Fox Footy as an analyst or commentator.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Speaking of league games from before - am up in Sydney at the moment and expected the place to be Blues mad (as in, well you know what Blues). But I'm surprised that it's not all that intense really. NRL is dead?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

thepokey posted:

Speaking of league games from before - am up in Sydney at the moment and expected the place to be Blues mad (as in, well you know what Blues). But I'm surprised that it's not all that intense really. NRL is dead?

Pretty sure it's described as THE BIGGEST SPORTING EVENT OF THE YEAR. Also in the same sentence they were promoting some crappy movie with The Rock in it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Halo14 posted:

crappy movie with The Rock in it.

I can't comprehend this string of words. It just doesn't make sense.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

BrigadierSensible posted:

Off Malthouse and back on Goodes:

I reckon the reason that the racists boo, (and make no mistake it is the racists that boo Goodes), is less to do with the fact that he is black, and more to do with the fact is he is an 'uppity' black that calls out racism and racists when he sees it, and refuses to meekly accept his role like "one of the good ones".

hiddenmovement posted:

Yeah its a classic seen but not heard mentality

They want a nice, safe black man that doesn't challenge their world view or threaten their preferred view of the social order, a nice, safe Morgan Freeman esque magic man that can wander in and reassure them they are on the right path all along

Agreed. It seems like Aboriginals that bring up how kinda poo poo they have it are immediately made into pariahs.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Been laughing my rear end off all afternoon at this photo the Eagles posted on their twitter account

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Inner Sydney has no soul. It cares for nothing. Nrl is fine its just not amongst the transient corporate ladder climbers that occupy the inner city.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shmoses posted:

Been laughing my rear end off all afternoon at this photo the Eagles posted on their twitter account

Isn't that the Girls Catholic school in Belgrave, or is that another Mater Christi?

Also I don't get the joke.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Shmoses posted:

Come to Mater Christi if you want to get your arse kicked by an eagle.

In happier news my indigenous jumper's turned up.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

You Am I posted:

Isn't that the Girls Catholic school in Belgrave, or is that another Mater Christi?

Also I don't get the joke.
I would suggest it's another Mater Christi in Perth mate. The joke, or at least what made laugh is that it's nearly a perfect incidental recreation of the drewtoothpaste tweets Hume is referring to in this post:

The Deadly Hume posted:

Come to Mater Christi if you want to get your arse kicked by an eagle.

I hope they do more of them tbh

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

Good article on the state of the Blues.

I think you'd only need one rude word to convey that. Actually John Barker's position is a bit like Donitz in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHnyQXyuTGY

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Jetta and Viney are welcome returns, Jetta especially as he did very good work on the chad last year.

Bit worried about our half forwards being able to stop Ports run, as that seems to be the key to beating them. Wish we had Kent healthy to play, with him and JKH out Garlett may need to play a more accountable game as he can provide good pressure.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Saints have some pretty interesting decisions to make with selection this week.

An extended squad that has four players that are easily best 22 are coming in (Roo, Lonie, Geary and Delaney) and only Fisher out with injury with most players in the team seeming to do enough to keep their spot. Templeton is probably a straight swap for Lonie. Hickey had a horrible game last week but he probably stays in to be the 2nd ruck. Membrey had a decent game but might have to make way for Roo. I'll be hosed if I can figure out who goes out for Delaney and Geary.

I guess this is a good thing cause the Saints haven't had this kind of depth and pressure for selection for quite a while. We also have Ray, Gilbert and Ross coming back from injury who all have strong claims on a senior spot.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeaaaah Fletcher's gonna crack the 400.

Probably the only feel-good thing Essendon's had going for the last 2-3 seasons.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
23 seasons, 400 games, one less flag than Andrew Mackie

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Will Minson is free to play on Saturday if he can pay a 7500 fine in time. Glad that the appeal went well, being a supporter of a minnow club I'd expected it to go from bad to worse.

EDIT:

quote:

Next time the AFL system bemoans no one wanting to be an umpire, let's all remember how the AFL system hung one out to dry this week

Jesus Christ, Barrett is a fuckwit.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 28, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adelaide's gonna get thumped, 2 of our best 3 and 4 of our first choice mids out injured, and our outside mid contingent is comprised entirely of Ricky Henderson and David Mackay

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeaaaah Fletcher's gonna crack the 400.

Probably the only feel-good thing Essendon's had going for the last 2-3 seasons.

I hope Fletcher unleashes one of these on the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jme9aV6A-eA

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Will Minson is free to play on Saturday if he can pay a 7500 fine in time. Glad that the appeal went well, being a supporter of a minnow club I'd expected it to go from bad to worse.

EDIT:

Jesus Christ, Barrett is a fuckwit.

Tbh they did hang the ump out to dry by giving a 4 week suspension against the evidence he presented.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

You are dumb as dogshit stevo

Take a look at @AFL_PKeane's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/603866703362011138?s=09

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Oh and for everyone feeling warm and fuzzy about fletch getting to 400, Harvey is going to get there this season too. You're welcome.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

TG-Chrono posted:

You are dumb as dogshit stevo

Take a look at @AFL_PKeane's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/603866703362011138?s=09

Have we ever had a journo called stevo?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Oh and for everyone feeling warm and fuzzy about fletch getting to 400, Harvey is going to get there this season too. You're welcome.
Yeah I wasn't going to mention that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Why do Melbourne fans compulsively want to make everyone feel as bad as they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Why do Melbourne fans compulsively want to make everyone feel as bad as they do

Misery loves company.

Supporting Melbourne needs a battalion.

• Locked thread