Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

A month ago, the crew of the Agaue left Rubirge to set sail for the Alcazar Real with a hold full of untold fortunes worth of the finest pottery, wines, olives, and perfumes. This morning, in the middle of the Morze, the first mate found the captain of the ship dead on the floor of his cabin.

Someone had murdered Captain Quandary, a well respected gentleman, in cold blood in an attempt to seize the treasures on the ship. Making matters even worse, during the night the ship had been crippled - sails were slashed, oars were thrown overboard, rescue boats were broken. The Agaue wasn’t moving, not anytime soon at least. Clearly this wasn’t the act of one sailor, but rather perpetrated by a band of brigands who had snuck aboard in an attempt to make their fortune through theft. Immediately after the crime was noticed, the brave members of the crew rushed to defend themselves, taking up arms and looking for the men who had killed their brave captain, but the mutineers were nowhere to be found. The crew quickly realized the criminals must be amongst them, members of their own trusty crew that had gone rogue when tempted by riches.

Minutes later, a shout was heard from the dearly departed Captain's chamber. Someone had found a note that was carelessly left during the murder:

code:
Kill the Captain and cripple the ship. We’ll be there to pick you and the treasure up at the full moon.
The crew realized they didn’t have a choice. They either had to secure the ship from these mutineers in time, or die by the hands of the pirates that were already on the way. There wasn’t much time to waste, it was time to start hunting for mutineers.

In this mafia game, the spiritual successor to Buane’s beloved Brainslugs series, there is a time limit - the pirates are coming. With that in mind, your crew must take action immediately and as such every single day there will be a lynch. Not game day, but real life day. In this game, at 11pm EST, every single day, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie at the deadline, the player with the most recent vote will be lynched. Because of the close proximity of the ship as well, there is on privacy and no-one can do much of anything during the night without being caught. Even the mutineers are forced to sleep side by side with the sailors, and if they attempted anymore murders would be immediately caught. This game will be nightless, and immediately after each lynch the next day will begin.

In addition, while, because the game is nightless, there are no power roles, there is one exception: in the scramble immediately after the murder, some of the crew raided the armory and grabbed the five knives that were stored there. Each of these players will receive a one shot day-vig, so may kill a player at any point during the day by typing ##Stab Name or ##Kill Name. If someone is killed, the crew will have had their fill of blood for the day - the next lynch will be pushed out 24 hours until 11 pm EST the next day.

The sailors won't be guaranteed safety until all mutineers are dead and they can take the ship to safer waters without fear. The mutineers, however, win by taking control over the ship and outnumbering the sailors, securing it for when the pirates arrive to rescue them.

Typical mafia rules apply - I don’t want to type them out, if you haven’t played or don’t know the rules ask or look at literally any game.

Two rule highlights, however:
-Because of the nature of this game, lurking will be extremely frowned upon. Do not join if you expect to not be able to contribute daily until the game ends. I expect each player to post at least once daily, though if you miss a few it is obviously ok.
-Fake using a day kill will result in a modkill.

Let me know if I have any questions or missed anything! Post below to sign up, and leave an email if you don’t have PM’s!

1. CCKeane
  2. chaoslord 100YrsofAttitude, sailor, lynched Day 4
  3. dscruffy1, sailot, was lynched Day 6
  4. EccoRaven, mutineer, killed Day 1 by Pinterest Mom
  5. Gridlocked
  6. GulagDolls
  7. Look Under The Rock
  8. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, sailor, was lynched Day 7
  9. merk, sailor, killed Day 2 by Met
  10. Met, sailor, lynched Day 3.
  11. Mills Ixtlilton
  12. Opopanax
  13. Pinterest Mom
  14. QuoProQuid
  15. Shanakin
  16. Somberbrero, sailor, was lynched Day 5
  17. The Ninth Layer
  18. Tremendous Taste, sailor, was lynched Day 8

Quandary fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Sold!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I can't say no to brain slugs.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will sign up if you agree to retroactively make this take place in the Arrentia universe rather than our own.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I will sign up if you agree to retroactively make this take place in the Arrentia universe rather than our own.

Deal.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

signing up in this anti-australia game

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Great replace Athens with Rubirge and Valencia with the Alcazar Real and Mediterranean with Morze. :woop:

Also it'd be EDT not EST SORRY I PROMISE I'LL BE BETTER ONCE THE GAME STARTS.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I can say no to brain slugs.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm in.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I can do this!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I appreciate the invite, Q, but I have to respectfully decline -- just bought a house and definitely won't have the time to dedicate to a realtime lynch game. I'll lurk and watch though :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You only are in your house during night phase. Should be fine.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sure, sign me up. Yes on PMs.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I can't play right now, but I might be able to later - put me in as a replacement, please!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Recruit friends to the game (if you hsve them)! This game will be the game of the century, if we can't fill it up by Sunday I'll rework it to be a bit smaller, but I know we can fill it!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
This looks interesting.

I'd happily sign up despite being an Australian; since Eccos game ended I'm really keen to sink my teeth into another and practice more.

If you'll forgive me for killing you that is Quandary.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 29, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yes, I will play.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah alright

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hm

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I'm gonna take this as a yes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I have scurvy already

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I'm in because Quandary was one of my Very First Mafia Buddies :swoon:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I got pooped on at night in my last game surely the second game without any nights will go better.

A PIRATE I WAS MEANT TO BE, TRIM THE SAILS AND ROAM THE SEAS

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Yo I'm in.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This is a sign up post.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
5 more! Call all your weird internet friends!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Update the flavor! People love Ecco Games, if they see the flavor is ecco-inspired it might encourage the last few signups.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just make it about Ecco

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This game looks interesting despite Ecco. Thay should help get a few signups.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey Met I'm fine not calling you a crying baby irl this game if you're fine with not being a jerk to me. I think that's a fair exchange imo.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I'm sorry? I didn't quite catch that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Hey Met I'm fine not calling you a crying baby irl this game if you're fine with not being a jerk to me. I think that's a fair exchange imo.

shut up

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
lol quandary make us scumbuddies I dare you

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Be civil children.

I'm getting bored of waiting, so we will be starting this tonight, regardless of number as convienrly this setup is easily adaptable to different player numbers. With that in mind, if anyone wants to sign up they have like 6 hours and be ready for a Monday night 1st deadline!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Make me scum with Ecco and Met so I can play them off each other and bus my way to victory

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I will do my very best to only be mean to people I like.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I'm sorry? I didn't quite catch that. :smug:

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 31, 2015

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

I'm sorry? I didn't quite catch that. :smug:

Ecco's mafia game would probably improve if they put all players on ignore IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lets prepare for the voyage

• Locked thread