Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Nyaa posted:

I would like to clarify that most of A vote is for coming back later a crazy pipe dream.

We'll fly back on our Roc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:siren: Link to Update

BoneMonkeys Post-History

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on synirc.net - The topic of the day is that my dog has a spot on her face.
Direct Mibbit Link

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

G

This thing seems strong enough that a fight is probably not even remotely fair, still no reason not to try to find out more about it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Vote Counted.

A = 57% with majority being Plan Steve or similar.

Plan Steve posted:

"With the promise that we will engage it on the way back. We know now that it isn't going to go anywhere, and if we kill it, we would have to haul all of its treasure with us as we head to giant town. Best to swing by on the way home, plus we may have a better strategy by then."

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I wonder if it will grow a two new heads, one with a new power, if we manage to cut one of its heads off?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Nyaa is the real Mighty Man and a true hero! I am going to start, start on the update, but the hour is late. I probably won't finish until tomorrow night at this point.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
I bet the Balls are going to be psyched when we not only back out of fighting this thing, but spring on them that we're not even planning to fight the giants; merely parlay. This was our chance to appease their monster-hunting. Uriah is going to go apeshit.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

hollylolly posted:

I wonder if it will grow a two new heads, one with a new power, if we manage to cut one of its heads off?

Too bad we'll never find out lmfao

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hollylolly posted:

I hope so, then we can do this:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0325.html
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0326.html

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

JT Jag posted:

If we aren't roleplaying as Enkidel in this game, what are we doing?

I'm all out of vinegar for the day. Ask me again tomorrow, after the leader of the monster hunting band waddles away from the monster.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If we get to Giant land and goons get all cold feet about wrasslin' or killing them because they can crochet or whatever I think I will laugh

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

HiHo ChiRho posted:

If we get to Giant land and goons get all cold feet about wrasslin' or killing them because they can crochet or whatever I think I will laugh cry

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

b-b-b-b-b-but culture
:qqsay:

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Guys we really need to be looking at why this Grove Scorpion collects giant bonepiles of animal and human remains

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
No no it's ok we'll get the giants on the way back!

E: we could have just killed this thing and gone home and back out like a pitstop if we really needed to

Me irl: :salt:

a cat irl fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 28, 2015

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
murder hobos, the lot of ya.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If Ishamal could hear what you guys are saying right now, he'd be sighing and shaking his head sadly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JT Jag posted:

If Ishamal could hear what you guys are saying right now, he'd be sighing and shaking his head sadly.

But he would not actually speak on such matters.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Don't worry, I speak Bularin.

He's saying that in the dream, we weren't roleplaying as Enkidel because Enkidel explicitly saw nothing wrong with it., We did, but dream-logic doesn't seem weird to dreamers.

Which is bullshit because lucid dreaming is a thing, entirely because people *can* notice the illogic of dreams sometimes, but that's what he's saying.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

maxhush posted:

Guys we really need to be looking at why this Grove Scorpion collects giant bonepiles of animal and human remains

This is a completely different situation. It's not as if the grove scorpion was arranging the bones in a decorative pattern or anything.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

There Bias Two posted:

This is a completely different situation. It's not as if the grove scorpion was arranging the bones in a decorative pattern or anything.

And even if it was, this is still something different. It's unique, something the scorpions are not, and it shows signs of intelligence.

Regardless. You think this is bad, imagine if we tried to learn to talk to that minotaur we captured and brought to Baitel.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
It really baffles me that people are voting to leave this dude alone because "art"

Honestly if you appreciate this murder art so much then why not vote to imprison the fucker and keep him in our (inevitable) palace garden?

He could be a cool watchdog slash decorator.... Still a monster tho

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I don't think most of us are. I am just wanting to get to the fireworks factory and come back later to stove this things head in.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I just want to go to Giant Land. That really shouldn't be that hard.

We are going on a cross country road trip vacation with our Balls, and we are going to have the best time ever once we make it to Giant Land. They are going to have roller coasters and water slides and cotton candy and just everything we could ever desire.

However we are never going to make it to Giant Land because we keep stopping at every drat roadside attraction we see. Oh wow, world's largest ball of yarn? Sign me up! Blackbeard's Secret Pirate Cove? Ooooo we should stop there and take a picture! Pick up a souvenir hat.

Eyes on the prize. That prize is Giant Land. Stop trying to sidetrack us by stopping to kick in every monster's face we pass.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I am just a very goal oriented person, and I would like Enkidel to be goal oriented as well. If he says he is going to see some giants, he will see some drat giants no matter what gets in the way. If Enkidel determines he will punch Smythos right in his face, then you bet Enkidel will punch Smythos roght in his smug loving face.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I have little confidence that the hydralisk would be willing to communicate with us, even if it were able. But supposing it WERE willing to communicate with us...it'd still have a hell of an uphill struggle to justify its living statuary.

I mean, it might have been on the edge of acceptable if it just killed things that wandered into its home and then posed them into statutes for its own amusement. I mean, hell, we have a giant toad skull as home decor, we ain't really got much room to complain there. But the trouble is that we can still sense a living Presence in some of those statutes, and that I think makes peaceful co-existence...problematic.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If it can communicate we might get some cryptic statements out of it before we fight it. Better than nothing I suppose. We've talked to Bnaimokt and goblins, we've seen minotaurs kinda communicate, we're on our way to go investigate giants who might communicate. I expect the giants to fight us. I expect this thing to fight us. I don't expect fighting this thing to be a big obstacle to us going to Giantopolis because we'll just leave behind any loot we can't easily carry and come back for it later.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Y'all know the Balls and Shafts killed a shitload of monsters on their way to see the Giants right?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

paragon1 posted:

Y'all know the Balls and Shafts killed a shitload of monsters on their way to see the Giants right?

That's because they thought they were chasing fables. Sure there were rumors of Giant Land but no one really expected to find it. Their mission was to go looking for it but smash some monsters anyways for some loot and glory because who knows if they would even find it.

This time we have concrete evidence Giant Land exists and are determined to enter into a dynastic marriage pact and/or exterminate Giant society. We have a much clearer goal this time.

Sure, if a monster comes looking for trouble smash its face in buteverybody whining about us not killing the Hydra-Gorgon needs to realize this was never a Big Game Hunt. It was a Giant Marriage Extermination Vacation.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Yeah but those monsters couldn't knit. We only kill uncultured beasts, you see.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Chantilly Say posted:

If it can communicate we might get some cryptic statements out of it before we fight it. Better than nothing I suppose. We've talked to Bnaimokt and goblins, we've seen minotaurs kinda communicate, we're on our way to go investigate giants who might communicate. I expect the giants to fight us. I expect this thing to fight us. I don't expect fighting this thing to be a big obstacle to us going to Giantopolis because we'll just leave behind any loot we can't easily carry and come back for it later.

Enkidel: "What's with the statues?"
Hydra: "I'll tell you when you're older."

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Tomn posted:

But supposing it WERE willing to communicate with us...it'd still have a hell of an uphill struggle to justify its living statuary.

It's a giant monster. It doesn't need to justify its actions. Likewise, Enkidel doesn't need any justification to slay it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Travic posted:

Enkidel: "What's with the statues?"
Hydra: "I'll tell you when you're older."

Just think of how cathartic it will be when we kill it, then.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I have a hunch the reason we're running into a monster here the way to giant land is just so that we as players have some familiarity with our characters new buff status. We haven't actually taken Enkidel for a test drive yet since the time skip, and I feel like this is a useful way to gauge our strength before getting to giant land.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Harvey Baldman posted:

I have a hunch the reason we're running into a monster here the way to giant land is just so that we as players have some familiarity with our characters new buff status. We haven't actually taken Enkidel for a test drive yet since the time skip, and I feel like this is a useful way to gauge our strength before getting to giant land.

Diog Post: "This is not why."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Task Manager posted:

That's because they thought they were chasing fables. Sure there were rumors of Giant Land but no one really expected to find it. Their mission was to go looking for it but smash some monsters anyways for some loot and glory because who knows if they would even find it.

This time we have concrete evidence Giant Land exists and are determined to enter into a dynastic marriage pact and/or exterminate Giant society. We have a much clearer goal this time.

Sure, if a monster comes looking for trouble smash its face in buteverybody whining about us not killing the Hydra-Gorgon needs to realize this was never a Big Game Hunt. It was a Giant Marriage Extermination Vacation.

Yeah, and they still managed to get there.

Taking an afternoon to kill this thing will not be the big deal that so many people are whinging about, I think.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I think Snarls would have told us if the Balls had fought anything on this scale. I got the impression that what the Balls had been killing was pretty much what we've been killing in the background of our own trip - wandering, easily-dispatched monsters like minotaurs and grove scorpions and other things well below our level by now.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Chantilly Say posted:

Just think of how cathartic it will be when we kill it, then.

Kill it? No we've been looking to turn monsters into pets for a long time. I say we tame this thing, bring it home and have a cryptic answer evasion-off with Ishamal. They'll just sit there refusing to explain anything to each other. :haw:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tomn posted:

I think Snarls would have told us if the Balls had fought anything on this scale. I got the impression that what the Balls had been killing was pretty much what we've been killing in the background of our own trip - wandering, easily-dispatched monsters like minotaurs and grove scorpions and other things well below our level by now.

I have a feeling this is some unique beast akin to the chimera we killed years ago. I really hate the idea of fighting it because its powers mean that any hit is pretty much an instakill for many of our men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
this thread. I think like all of 4 people maybe mentioned anything about the art?