Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Santorum responded very different to Josh

quote:

In an interview that aired today on "Good Morning America," ABC News' Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos asked the former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania for his reaction to the story that broke last week about the “19 Kids and Counting” star.

“I was sickened by it. I was just sickened by it,” Santorum, a Christian conservative who had the support of the Duggar family during his first presidential campaign in 2012, said. “I pray for those girls in particular.”

He added: “To have gone through that is … just hard to think about.”

As much as I despise his beliefs, I'm glad he didn't go the "I'm praying for Josh and he has moved on etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
welllp looks like you got yerself an infes-tation of quiverfull fundamentalists breedin' and touchin' in your basement

gonna be 300 in labor and 50 in pesticides, but we'll get 'em out of there for ya

might want to keep the windows open for a while

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, unexpected move from Santorum, but then again, could it be because he's seeing the poo poo Huckabee is going through?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, unexpected move from Santorum, but then again, could it be because he's seeing the poo poo Huckabee is going through?

That was my thought as well

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Monkey Fracas posted:

welllp looks like you got yerself an infes-tation of quiverfull fundamentalists breedin' and touchin' in your basement

gonna be 300 in labor and 50 in pesticides, but we'll get 'em out of there for ya

might want to keep the windows open for a while

Make sure to identify the Queen by her telltale stretch markings. If you don't get to her quick quick enough she'll just lay another clutch of eggs and they'll come right back.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

It's probably because santorum seems like the kinda guy who would disown one of his children for far less.

But seriously, it turns out just because they all play to the christian right they aren't all the same. Who knew!!

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 28, 2015

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Scathach posted:

See, while I feel bad for the kids in the situation, all the adult women choose it. I totally have no pity on a woman who is all "Oh you molest little girls? Here, let me marry you and pop some out for ya!" At that point they're as bad as the molestors.

"I feel bad for the kids but honestly what kind of idiot stays with someone who hits her?"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Santorum (emphatically banging fist on podium) : "I do not agree with child molestation!"

*shocked gasps issue from gathered crowd*

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

lol if you think what a politician says has anything to do with wha they actually think.

I'm sure the Huckster hedged his bets that, middle america evangelical demo would agree with him. I don't think he was wrong. I doubt this hurt him all that much.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hollis Brownsound posted:

lol if you think what a politician says has anything to do with wha they actually think.

I'm sure the Huckster hedged his bets that, middle america evangelical demo would agree with him. I don't think he was wrong. I doubt this hurt him all that much.

Nah, he dun hosed it.
Check his FB feed, every second post is a 'I was going to vote for you but not now....'

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

happyhippy posted:

Nah, he dun hosed it.
Check his FB feed, every second post is a 'I was going to vote for you but not now....'

his demo has always been farts that can't even be assed to figure out facebook

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hulu just pulled off Duggars

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/05/28/dont-look-to-hulu-to-watch-past-duggars-19-kids/28066041/

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
we are at war with the moslem and need all the good christian soldiers we can get

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Santorum actually wants to win, Huckabee is in it for the money. He loses nothing by saying what he said.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
real question is will TLC try and spin off something from the show

"Well, creepy child molestation, but ratings"

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

what kind of question is that? "how do you think the victims of molestation will feel having their molester called out for being a molester?" jfc

I guess she bought the line that his sisters "forgave him" (not that they had a choice) and thinks dredging up the accusations of his crimes forces them to relive what happened, ignoring the fact that Josh was the one who molested them in the first place and caused this whole mess. The thing is, the justice system doesn't act based on the victim's whims, or Bernie Madoff would have been executed and abusive husbands would be freed from jail immediately after apologetic phone calls to their wives. And Josh didn't limit his activities to his sisters. Did the other girl(s) forgive him?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Monkey Fracas posted:

real question is will TLC try and spin off something from the show

"Well, creepy child molestation, but ratings"

The father in law who piped up with "well I forgive Josh too" sure hopes so

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
Can you loving libtard trolls please stop associating Mike Huckabee with pedophiles? Can you please stop mentioning that he supports a child molestor? Mike Huckabee does NOT support molesting children. Mike Huckabee's worldview does NOT align with that of a deranged pedophile. #NoMikeHuckabeePedophile #MikeHuckabeeNotARapist

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
If this keeps up the only way anyone is going to be able to watch 19 kids is through illegal filesharing services, and THAT'S the real crime here

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It's funny, you see these people on the news with the weirdshit ideas like "swallow a pill camera and it'll go into your utetus" and you wonder how they got into politics without any basic schooling. Now we know :(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Chafey posted:

If this keeps up the only way anyone is going to be able to watch 19 kids is through illegal filesharing services, and THAT'S the real crime here

pedo-incest undertoned show you have to torrent to watch, duggers show is now an honorary anime. all it needs are subtitles.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 28, 2015

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Pook Good Mook posted:

Santorum actually wants to win, Huckabee is in it for the money. He loses nothing by saying what he said.

The Duggars, and the girls' husbands in particular, have been on a Catholic-bashing kick on social media lately, so even though they campaigned for him in 2012 I'm not sure there's much love lost there.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

The Duggars, and the girls' husbands in particular, have been on a Catholic-bashing kick on social media lately, so even though they campaigned for him in 2012 I'm not sure there's much love lost there.

southern protestants unironically believe that catholics worship statues and drink blood at mass. its loving hilarious listening to them trying to play sixth-generation telephone with catholic dogma

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

Do you have links to that? I'd love to read some.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

southern protestants unironically believe that catholics worship statues and drink blood at mass. its loving hilarious listening to them trying to play sixth-generation telephone with catholic dogma

tbh, catholics unironically believe they drink blood at mass as well

e: and this is the most enlightened of the mainline christian religions

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More drops

quote:

Ace Hardware, ConAgra foods, Party City, BEHR Paint, Pure Leaf Ice Tea, Ricola, Firehouse Subs, Pizza Hut, Sherwin-Williams paint, Crayola, Allstate Insurance, and King's Hawaiian have pulled their sponsorship from the reality TV show, which has run on the network since 2008.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/27/media/19-kids-and-counting-advertisers-exodus/

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bitcoin bastard posted:

tbh, catholics unironically believe they drink blood at mass as well

e: and this is the most enlightened of the mainline christian religions

I remember when I first started having real problems with my Catholic upbringing. It was the first time, I think it was in middle school, that someone told me, "As Catholics, we believe in transubstantiation. So we believe that the wine actually becomes the blood of Christ, and the bread actually becomes the body of Christ." To which I said, "You mean symbolically, right?" And was told, "No, we believe it actually transforms." My response of, "...well I don't," wasn't all that popular.

Like, does it just transform into blood that just happens to taste like wine? Because that's still wine.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 28, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

can you imagine how wrecked that pussy is

actually you dont have to if you find that realdoll thread

Hot dog down a hallway comes to mind.

It probably looks like a nacho supreme.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

Like, does it just transform into blood that just happens to taste like wine? Because that's still wine.

It's magic. Gotta have faith.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
everybody says that and its funny how people think that a: jim bob has a big dick and b: he like wails on michelle for 90 minutes to get off or something. come on he's probably leaking precum from 7pm on and he just kind of aims and she winks and giggles and he shoots off all over her weird roast beef baby generator

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

everybody says that and its funny how people think that a: jim bob has a big dick and b: he like wails on michelle for 90 minutes to get off or something. come on he's probably leaking precum from 7pm on and he just kind of aims and she winks and giggles and he shoots off all over her weird roast beef baby generator

keep going im almost there

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

i was thinking this too. they probably only supported santorum in 2012 because nobody else met their moral standards: romney is a heathen mormon, ron paul is crazy but not their kind of crazy, and newt gingrich has had multiple divorces. so jim bob held his nose and threw his support in for the papist, even if said papist is going to hell for worshipping the pope

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 28, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I really do wonder what it's like for this super christian people to have sex... I mean, if they're trying for a child (or not preventing pregnancy at all), then by those religious rules, they're allowed to gently caress. So... do they get into it at all? Is it missionary or nothing? Is there foreplay?

And just as I write that, I realize that if it involves Jim Bob, I don't want to know.

I mean LOOK AT THIS GUY. He looks like an aged infant, like his name should be Georgie and he wears velcro shoes and drools a lot.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
no items. missionary only. final destination.

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I remember when I first started having real problems with my Catholic upbringing. It was the first time, I think it was in middle school, that someone told me, "As Catholics, we believe in transubstantiation. So we believe that the wine actually becomes the blood of Christ, and the bread actually becomes the body of Christ." To which I said, "You mean symbolically, right?" And was told, "No, we believe it actually transforms." My response of, "...well I don't," wasn't all that popular.

I always thought Jesus was pretty tasty. There's a candy from Mexico that tastes like Jesus. If you want to get your friends to try some, saying that is not a good selling point.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

listen Catholic Church I will come back if and only if you start drinking literal blood during mass and worshiping statues of obscene batwinged goatmen

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm not sure why so many people think Catholics aren't that weird. Believing that you're literally cannibalizing your god is pretty loving out there.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe it's just around here, but I've never had a Catholic get all up in my business, ever. I've heard a few stories of what it was like back in the 60s and 70s from my mom, so it sounds like things have improved a lot. Of course I've never had a Muslim or Jew do that either. I was raised in ELCA where I had a few run ins with snotty holier than though types, but it wasn't the norm by any means. So in my experience mainline Protestants don't usually go around bothering people either. Even in my limited experience with Mormons they didn't try to push their beliefs on me despite knowing I didn't believe in god. Evangelicals on the other hand are the biggest dickish assholes on the face of the planet. Not only do they hate other Christian sects, but they often hate each other over incredibly minor differences of theology.

It's just bizarre to me the amount of hate they're taught growing up. As part of confirmation we went to a synagogue and attended the service. Then some people from the Islamic Center in town came to tell us about Islam, this was before they had their own facility. Never once did we hear any talk condemning the beliefs of others.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Huckabee isn't racist he pardoned this fine young man from a good christian family!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Clemmons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Not cancelled yet and is being done by Liberty "University"

http://www.alive.org/speakers/

• Locked thread