Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

let's buy Jim Bob an account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Jim bob 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

She's showing too much calf.
BURN HER! KILL THE JEZEBEL!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Are you loving serious? Is that an actual plotline?
SVU is basically all the plots the rejected from the original's first season for being too hosed up.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKGQfm-lkbI

ya bird brain

by the way, if even conagra is offended by this and pulling their ads, you know some bad poo poo went down.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Did anyone notice that Rim Job does not have eyebrows?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

SVU is basically all the plots the rejected from the original's first season for being too hosed up.

ice t in every episode: thats messed up

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Clochette posted:

Does anyone remember that episode of SVU where in the beginning a teenaged girl said she was raped and then it turned out her dad was infertile and had been letting black guys bang his wife so he could have a huge family until she had a hysterectomy so her dad used the guys' sperm to impregnate their daughter with a turkey baster?

Kinda reminds me of the Duggars

AhahaaaaaaHaaa

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I actually did not, until you pointed that out. You'd think someone at TLC would've shown him how to use an eyebrow pencil. (Ha, no, that's for girls.)

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
'cuz I'm a duggar lover
you're a duggar lover
we could touch each other's duggars
touch some duggar dongs!

every pedophile needs a white night
if duggaring is wrong
I don' wanna be right

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here is an excerpt from the book written by the Duggar girls which takes on a darker meaning now

quote:

"Even though we may not feel like forgiving someone, we must choose to forgive every person who offends us and do it before they ask -- and regardless if they ever do ask."

"The choice to forgive doesn't always free the other person from the consequences of his or her wrong actions, but it frees the forgiver of negative feelings towards the offender. And if we still have feelings of bitterness, the Bible says it's not only to forgive the other person, but also to go a step further and look for ways to bless him or her."

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Sort-of serious question, but when Momma can't make no more babies, is ol' Jimmie "The Wad," Bob going to kick her to the curb and marry someone younger and more fertile?

The quick quip here is that he'll just knock up a kid or two, but what are their rules about divorce and the like?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Sort-of serious question, but when Momma can't make no more babies, is ol' Jimmie "The Wad," Bob going to kick her to the curb and marry someone younger and more fertile?

The quick quip here is that he'll just knock up a kid or two, but what are their rules about divorce and the like?

if she has three miscarriages she gets a pillow over the face

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

aw come on guy

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jim bob ooks like that triangle mouthed dollfucker

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Not cancelled yet and is being done by Liberty "University"

http://www.alive.org/speakers/

So it's kind of like a convention of all the women Josh Duggar has been intimate with? 3 out of the 4 at least.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

if she has three miscarriages she gets a pillow over the face

Hell, she'd probably help him hold it in place - 'cause its what a "good wife," is supposed to do, right?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I mean LOOK AT THIS GUY. He looks like an aged infant, like his name should be Georgie and he wears velcro shoes and drools a lot.

Always the same gormless Jimmy Carter smile in every picture.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

jim bob looks like that triangle mouthed dollfucker

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
An untreated and unpunished child molester is dangerous to every child they interact with, it's unfortunate for him (assuming/hoping that he actually stopped) but how else can you handle a situation where someone knowingly covers up serial child molestation than to make it public?

There are two ways to make this argument; one good, one horrible.

The horrible one is an appeal to liberalism that lasts exactly as long as the person being punished belongs to the same subculture or espouses similar beliefs to you. It often presents as a cowardly way of agreeing with whatever the person said/did without having to actually put your name behind it. In this case, I'm willing to believe Kornheiser doesn't actually support child molestation, but perhaps he does support the White Evangelical subculture's tendency to cover up rape and abuse as a matter for the family or church to work out and yet is smart enough to know that he can't say "it's fine if you report molestation to your church elders and keep the cops out of it" without getting fired himself.

The good point is this: since we steadfastly refuse to provide a humane standard of living for the poor in America, and since employees in the majority of fields have little or no power and job security (and increasing automation is likely to do little but exacerbate this trend), our particular historical context means that employers who are empowered to fire for off-the-job behavior are able to exercise almost complete control over the lives of their employees. I think we can, subjectively, see a pretty clear line in between "you were a serial child molester" and "you shoplifted once," but we have to be very careful with how we justify it from a legal and even moral standpoint. We don't want to say "he's a criminal" because 1) criminals are human beings who deserve the chance to rehabilitate and have a good life, 2) it makes no distinction between different crimes, and 3) this guy was never even tried, let alone convicted. Similarly, "he's bad for PR" justifies firing him, but it would also justify firing someone from some jobs if they came out as gay, and I'd like to assume none of us support that.

Of course, we would like to say that people should not be forced to employ someone. The way to split this Gordian knot is to ensure that a job isn't a prerequisite for decent food, a home, transportation, baseline amenities, etc. Plus additionally it would be best to abolish the idea of an employer altogether and institute Full Communism. But until then, it's necessary to be very cautious about what power we're willing to allow bosses to wield against their employees.

Calcifer
Mar 17, 2009
mods please change thread title to: A Little Dugg'll Do Ya

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I have 2 questions about the Quiverfulls, and associated fundies. both are yucky.

1) How do they actually have sex? Considering it is sinful, and impure et al, do they do it old school jewish style through a sheet with a hole? Given the level of repression I can't imagine either of them enjoy it at all, and if they do, propably feel bad for enjoying it. I am too much of a gentleman to mention the gaping maw that is a vagina that has birthed 19 babies in so many years.

2) How does one go a-courting? Where do they meet 'suitable' partners? And how do they even ask each other out if, as I assume, they aren't allowed to associate with members of teh opposite sex? So then when the parents have negotiated a suitable match, and you go on your chaperoned pizza date where you aren't allowed to touch, lets say you don't like the other person. Are you allowed to break up? Do the parents have to do it for you?

The whole lifestyle baffles and confounds me. I truly am unable to understand how they function in modern society. I am also deeply saddened and angered by the abusive, cultish, misogynistic, homophobic, insular madness that they brainwash little kids into.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

erin gibson is funny

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

No conversation about Huckabee can go without mentioning ol dog torturer Dave Huckabee

Attention Marge Simpson: We have also arrested your older, balder, fatter son.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

BrigadierSensible posted:

I have 2 questions about the Quiverfulls, and associated fundies. both are yucky.

1) How do they actually have sex? Considering it is sinful, and impure et al, do they do it old school jewish style through a sheet with a hole? Given the level of repression I can't imagine either of them enjoy it at all, and if they do, propably feel bad for enjoying it. I am too much of a gentleman to mention the gaping maw that is a vagina that has birthed 19 babies in so many years.

2) How does one go a-courting? Where do they meet 'suitable' partners? And how do they even ask each other out if, as I assume, they aren't allowed to associate with members of teh opposite sex? So then when the parents have negotiated a suitable match, and you go on your chaperoned pizza date where you aren't allowed to touch, lets say you don't like the other person. Are you allowed to break up? Do the parents have to do it for you?

The whole lifestyle baffles and confounds me. I truly am unable to understand how they function in modern society. I am also deeply saddened and angered by the abusive, cultish, misogynistic, homophobic, insular madness that they brainwash little kids into.

no one has sex through sheet in a hole hth

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Dammit_Carl! posted:

I read somewhere that they wanted to adopt but that won't happen now.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Monkey Fracas posted:

real question is will TLC try and spin off something from the show

"Well, creepy child molestation, but ratings"

Funny you should mention that...

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

well theres that vid of jimbob basically dry humping momdugg on the minigolf course so i think theyre kinda down with loving

also, from having watched a couple episodes of the monstrosity of a show for trainwreck purposes in the past, basically anyone who's considered for "courtship" is someone jimbob picked by hand from his weird hosed up religious Rolodex

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

4 girls one Dug

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

They're always pretty insistent that as soon as the rings are on, you're not only welcome to tear that cooter up, you're loving encouraged. They're against all forms of sex that ain't husband and wife because the boundless joys of the wiener are supposed to be strictly reserved for holy matrimony. You're never supposed to pretend they don't exist. They're not quite that stupid.

Jose Oquendo posted:

An untreated and unpunished child molester is dangerous to every child they interact with, it's unfortunate for him (assuming/hoping that he actually stopped) but how else can you handle a situation where someone knowingly covers up serial child molestation than to make it public?

There are two ways to make this argument; one good, one horrible.

The horrible one is an appeal to liberalism that lasts exactly as long as the person being punished belongs to the same subculture or espouses similar beliefs to you. It often presents as a cowardly way of agreeing with whatever the person said/did without having to actually put your name behind it. In this case, I'm willing to believe Kornheiser doesn't actually support child molestation, but perhaps he does support the White Evangelical subculture's tendency to cover up rape and abuse as a matter for the family or church to work out and yet is smart enough to know that he can't say "it's fine if you report molestation to your church elders and keep the cops out of it" without getting fired himself.

The good point is this: since we steadfastly refuse to provide a humane standard of living for the poor in America, and since employees in the majority of fields have little or no power and job security (and increasing automation is likely to do little but exacerbate this trend), our particular historical context means that employers who are empowered to fire for off-the-job behavior are able to exercise almost complete control over the lives of their employees. I think we can, subjectively, see a pretty clear line in between "you were a serial child molester" and "you shoplifted once," but we have to be very careful with how we justify it from a legal and even moral standpoint. We don't want to say "he's a criminal" because 1) criminals are human beings who deserve the chance to rehabilitate and have a good life, 2) it makes no distinction between different crimes, and 3) this guy was never even tried, let alone convicted. Similarly, "he's bad for PR" justifies firing him, but it would also justify firing someone from some jobs if they came out as gay, and I'd like to assume none of us support that.

Of course, we would like to say that people should not be forced to employ someone. The way to split this Gordian knot is to ensure that a job isn't a prerequisite for decent food, a home, transportation, baseline amenities, etc. Plus additionally it would be best to abolish the idea of an employer altogether and institute Full Communism. But until then, it's necessary to be very cautious about what power we're willing to allow bosses to wield against their employees.

k

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Wulfolme posted:

boundless joys of the wiener

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

more like awkward pokes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mr. Pumroy posted:

jim bob ooks like that triangle mouthed dollfucker

gently caress

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

I want to make this image 16-bit-style but I don't have the skill necessary

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152942608316872&id=312383761871&comment_id=10152942675476872&notif_t=share_reply
drat this "woman" is awesome.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

McStabby posted:

I read somewhere that they wanted to adopt but that won't happen now.

There's some kind of actual, non-Huckabee-corruptable law in Arkansas I hope that will make sure this shitbag a la extroidnaire won't be able too, right? Now that it's out? I worry that since he hasn't been convicted of anything that the good-ol boy network will hook him up with his choice of employee's for his Aatrek harem.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

thegalagakid posted:

There's some kind of actual, non-Huckabee-corruptable law in Arkansas I hope that will make sure this shitbag a la extroidnaire won't be able too, right? Now that it's out? I worry that since he hasn't been convicted of anything that the good-ol boy network will hook him up with his choice of employee's for his Aatrek harem.

its cool how some of the poorest people live in Arkansas and vote for the aaw shucks poo poo eating grin cocksuckers that keep them from rising up in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

As already mentioned, sex within the relm of marriage is fine.

Dating is awkward because they're doing Christian Dating, which is heavily chaperoned and doesn't allow kissing before marriage. But it's not arranged, although your pool of available suitors is limited. And if you want to break it off, I'm sure you'll get no more pressure than any other child whose parents take an unhealthy interest in your sex life.

Jill Duggar actually met her husband in Napal where he was doing missionary work. And yes, Jim Bob was with her the whole time (they got matching native outfits).

• Locked thread