Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I'd love to see Trinity come back for all stars. She got so much better at the performing challenges after working with Bianca and gaining confidence in her skills as a performer that I think she would be a threat to win the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Fantastisk posted:

I changed my avatar :dance:

EDIT: If there was an AllStars 2, who would be in it? Other than Alaska and Katya, of course.

I love your avatar. :allears:

I'd really like to see Bendela Creme come back as an Allstar; Bendela was robbed! I wonder how Detox would fare, and who would be the Allstars Season 2 version of Mimi Imfurst? Penny Tration?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Not Today Satan posted:

and who would be the Allstars Season 2 version of Mimi Imfurst? Penny Tration?

Serena Cha Cha.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

HAHAHA. HOLY poo poo. MAGNOLIA CRAWFORD FOR ALL STARS SEASON 2.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, RU.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Didn't Magnolia give up drag?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Bring Raven back to get second place for a third time :downs:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Not Today Satan posted:

I love your avatar. :allears:

I'd really like to see Bendela Creme come back as an Allstar; Bendela was robbed! I wonder how Detox would fare, and who would be the Allstars Season 2 version of Mimi Imfurst? Penny Tration?

I think Detox would stand a very good chance at taking the crown. What tripped her up in season 5 was her overconfidence. She walked in, read all the other queens as beneath her immediately, and just didn't give it her all, at all.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
All Stars would be the top 3 queens who didn't win, plus Miss Congeniality from each season, and then anyone else they need to fill out the roster.
Which means it would be Alaska, Roxxxy, Ivy, Courtney, Adore, DeLa, Katya, and then some combination of Pearl, Violet, and Ginger. Plus three or four queens people liked, and one or two they didn't as drama/cannon fodder. I can easily see Detox, Darienne and Kennedy showing up, being fourth-place finishers, leaving room for Willam (who has said he'd do it if he was asked by WoW) and Shangela.

I've spent too much time thinking about how All Stars 2 would work.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just do "RuPaul's Best Friends Race" and bring back all of the trainwrecks

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

angerbeet posted:

Just do "RuPaul's Best Friends Race" and bring back all of the trainwrecks

Rebecca Glasscock
Akashia
Nicole Paige Brooks
Mystique Summers Madison
Alexis Mateo (Yes, the shade!)
Phoenix
Venus D-Lite
Jiggly Caliente
Alisa Summers
Serena ChaCha
Gia Gunn
Magnolia Crawford

:getin:

As much as I love Jiggly, she deserves a second chance now that her grill is fixed.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh poo poo, I completely forgot Ivy Winters won Miss Congeniality and how that totally made no sense.

Bina posted:

Rebecca Glasscock
Akashia
Nicole Paige Brooks
Mystique Summers Madison
Alexis Mateo (Yes, the shade!)
Phoenix
Venus D-Lite
Jiggly Caliente
Alisa Summers
Serena ChaCha
Gia Gunn
Magnolia Crawford

I want this so bad, it's ridiculous.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

caligulamprey posted:

Oh poo poo, I completely forgot Ivy Winters won Miss Congeniality and how that totally made no sense.

Detox's chance at it was ruined by the Rolaskatox vs Jinkx edit even though he totally should have gotten it. Also Ivy was the Queen Du Jour of the thirsty fans that year.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

curiousTerminal posted:

Also Ivy was the Queen Du Jour of the thirsty fans that year.
Not going to lie: Ivy in that one challenge when they put on lipstick and lip synched to Peanut Butter. Ooph.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Can I Asssk You A Question?

How much do you love Alaska? How about now?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

caligulamprey posted:

I want this so bad, it's ridiculous.

I don't. Alexis would run so many circles around the other queens it would be boring.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 29, 2015

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

I just want to see Detox flip her poo poo on Serena ChaCha again. :suspense:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

dude789 posted:

I don't. Alexis would run so many circles around the other queens it would be boring.
That's how I felt about Season 6 the minute Bianca walked into the workroom, but it was still a solid season.

Also, best answer:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
My wife and I finally got all caught up after only watching the first two episodes when they aired and then getting the Top 3 spoiled for us. We didn't jive with the new Untucked format for some reason and skipped it after the first episode. We were trying to figure out why this season was so bland seeming and figured we missed out on whatever humanization of the queens was missing from the main show. After reading this thread, I'm more convinced it was the hamfisted attempt to bottle what has made the show so great.

It was really interesting watching Untucked in its entirety completely separated from the show because that is where the packed away all the humanity of the queens. That's where Katya really shined and became our favorite and Ginger went from the one we wanted to win it to "get that tired rear end whiner out of here with those excuses for being shady as hell". After that last episode of Untucked where Pearl had the talking head bit about not making GBS threads on other people just because they're competition I want her to win it because gently caress everything give it to the drowsy queen.

The countdown episode showed how sparse the season really was, especially the top catchphrase part had exactly zero things that should or will become notable things.

To go back a bit, when I watched the Untucked episode that went with Trixie's second elimination that really made her elimination look lovely. The thread said it was fair at the time but I disagree. Ginger's half drag was the worst and dancing was the worst and she knew she was lip syncing. Whoops, surprise, it's another "never before in drag race herstory", you're being judged as a pair! Your garbage partner who has resigned to lip syncing has caused you to be in the bottom two while you spent all of the downtime chatting and not practicing the song. It came off to us as a lovely way to try and keep Ginger on the trajectory without risking someone else who did fine at the challenge and/or runway.

Nthing that I need some All Stars Season 2 goddamnit.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

caligulamprey posted:

That's how I felt about Season 6 the minute Bianca walked into the workroom, but it was still a solid season.

Also, best answer:

I can't stop watching all of Katya's behind the scenes videos, I'm obsessed. Her imitation of Kennedy "after a long night of hookin.." is my favorite thing.

Also I made her this horrible thing and she has to come back to LA so I can give it to her

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Also I made her this horrible thing and she has to come back to LA so I can give it to her

Oh my goodness.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

FadedReality posted:

To go back a bit, when I watched the Untucked episode that went with Trixie's second elimination that really made her elimination look lovely. The thread said it was fair at the time but I disagree. Ginger's half drag was the worst and dancing was the worst and she knew she was lip syncing. Whoops, surprise, it's another "never before in drag race herstory", you're being judged as a pair! Your garbage partner who has resigned to lip syncing has caused you to be in the bottom two while you spent all of the downtime chatting and not practicing the song. It came off to us as a lovely way to try and keep Ginger on the trajectory without risking someone else who did fine at the challenge and/or runway.

It's because Ginger knew she was safe. Ru has been manufacturing the season to give us our first big girl win, and I think before she saw all the boring footage, she thought that Ginger would be the standout queen.

It'd be interesting if Ru would actually admit when mistakes were made on the show. On Survivor, Jeff Probst hypes up every single season as the best one yet, He'll finally drop the act though once some time has been put behind a season that was actually pretty lovely (like this last season rampant with misogyny and bullying), and he'll admit that it wasn't one of their best.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

vaginadeathgrip posted:

I can't stop watching all of Katya's behind the scenes videos, I'm obsessed. Her imitation of Kennedy "after a long night of hookin.." is my favorite thing.

I have some bad news and some good news.... (I like yours better tbh, you better film it when you give it to her :haw:)

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

CHiRAL posted:

I have some bad news and some good news.... (I like yours better tbh, you better film it when you give it to her :haw:)

I knew there would be more but mine has a special surprise!

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

vaginadeathgrip posted:

This is amazing.

I'm currently working on a crosstitch pattern so I can give her something nice if/when I get to meet her. That probably won't happen for at least another year, though. Being a European fan is hard, you guys :qq:

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

Fantastisk posted:

This is amazing.

I'm currently working on a crosstitch pattern so I can give her something nice if/when I get to meet her. That probably won't happen for at least another year, though. Being a European fan is hard, you guys :qq:

Well, according to her website she is gonna be in the UK at the end of July/early August, but I dunno where you are!

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Well, according to her website she is gonna be in the UK at the end of July/early August, but I dunno where you are!

I'm in Norway, and I would totally go if I didn't already have plans for those dates!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Willam and Alaska have a new song.

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 31, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I never realized that I needed to see drag queens riding around on an adult-sized big wheel, but well

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
It's going to be interesting to see who wins because I think Pearl is winning the social media vote and Ginger has the least votes by FAR. I think Ru wants to crown Ginger but it will piss of the fan base if he does. I wonder if he's willing to risk a majority of angry fans. After this flop of a season, I'm thinking he is.

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!

Fantastisk posted:

Oh nooo, they removed RPDR from my country's Netflix :( Just as I was rewatching season 4, too!

I can't find it to watch anywhere and all I want to do is relive the glory days of Drag Race and watch Laganja cry about stuff. :(

E: I mean there's the logo TV app but meh

Legislacerator fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 31, 2015

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
http://watchtvlinks.sx/serie/rupauls_drag_race

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Pearl is clearly banking on not winning the crown if you're judging by the looks of his album cover.

Kind of awesome in a way.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

Pearl is clearly banking on not winning the crown if you're judging by the looks of his album cover.

Kind of awesome in a way.

Pearl's gently caress this, gently caress that, gently caress it all attitude is his single best characteristic. Very Willam-esque, actually, if Willam actually was a soporific 23-year old.

The results still aren't guaranteed: Pearl is absolutely winning the social media war, which has traditionally been the only battleground Ru cares about.

DapperDinosaur posted:

I wonder if he's willing to risk a majority of angry fans.

The result really will say more about RuPaul/The Producers and their attitudes towards the show more than anything else. Picking Ginger would indicate "psh we don't give a gently caress/gently caress this whole season we're doing what we want", picking Pearl would indicate "what the fans say goes/we cast a popular pretty boy for the audience and y'all ate it up apparently so here you are" and picking Violet would say "eh the fashionable kinky bitch one's the closest to Next Drag Superstar and most of you won't be mad at us for this, this is the least offensive option we guess?".

Or something like that. I swear I like all three girls! :ohdear:

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

Legislacerator posted:

I can't find it to watch anywhere and all I want to do is relive the glory days of Drag Race and watch Laganja cry about stuff. :(

E: I mean there's the logo TV app but meh

They put it back up, fortunately (except season 1 for some reason). If you want to watch it on Netflix you can use ZenMate to switch to the UK version, I'm pretty sure they have it too! They don't have Untucked, though.

I actually never watched Untucked because of that until season 7 (which is the first season I'm watching live), and now that I'm watching Untucked alongside season 4, I must say I really hope they keep the new format. The old format was entertaining and all, but I much prefer watching the queens just being themselves.

EDIT: Also, if you're not watching Untucked (general you, not you specifically), you're missing out on a lot! I barely even knew it existed until season 6 when they started referencing Laganja's freakout and I realized there had to be a whole lot more that I hadn't been watching. That's part of why I'm rewatching older seasons, to see the Untucked episodes that go with them.

Fantastisk fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jun 1, 2015

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

More Alaska, best Alaska: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR0tMTUU3bo

Even the Pit Crew wants Katya crowned. Ru, you done done it.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

Apparently, during the taping of the finale, Ru jokingly crowned Katya the winner of the season. I really hope they show that on TV or the Youtube channel or something. :allears:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

caligulamprey posted:

Dear god, Jasmine is terribly unfunny.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Tatianna should come back.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

Fantastisk, what are you talking about? I'm in Norway, and I have access to all RPDR seasons on Netflix. Actually, I've been rewatching almost all of them during the last few weeks. I just can't with season 1, though. Looks like some shady back alley deal, so uncomfortable. Ongina gives me life, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

Are you sure? Season 1 was there before everything was taken down last week, but when they put it back up, season 1 was missing. Is it just my Netflix messing up? Did you check recently?

Ongina really is great. I also love Nina Flowers, she's still one of my favorite drag queens :3:

• Locked thread