Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I guess I'm just really confused on where rebels are getting our information from. Without night actions we're basically looking for liars in the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We should be looking at voting intentions, serious pushes, fake out pushes and looking for people posting like they have more information than we do (although in this setup the scum have less information than scum in a normal game), just like any other mafia game

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MC Eating Disorder posted:

We should be looking at voting intentions, serious pushes, fake out pushes and looking for people posting like they have more information than we do (although in this setup the scum have less information than scum in a normal game), just like any other mafia game

I suppose I always seem to think that we get more information from cops and the like - or even data taken from night kills and their interactions which we are being denied here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kleedrac posted:

I guess I'm just really confused on where rebels are getting our information from. Without night actions we're basically looking for liars in the thread?

The big thing about this game is that info is predetermined, so town (rebels) has a pretty big incentive to keep posting to keep reads going. Asking questions constantly is going to be key to this.

Also the king has just as little info as town, so they could contribute to the death of the guards pretty easily. It'll be weird.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Guards know the king. King doesn't know the guards. Guards don't know the guards.

I guess I should read those other games and see how they were ultimately solved for homework. I guess, what type of questions would be good to ask in this type of setup? I feel like questions often are used by scum to fake content in normal games and vice versa, with genuine questions being called scummy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote tt made joke about me being king, which made people vote me, which makes me angry

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tremendous Taste (1): GulagDolls
GulagDolls (1): CapitalistPig
BottleKnight (1): Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (6): BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Ghastly Gangsta, Kleedrac, MC Eating Disorder, Strong Mouse

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kleedrac posted:

I suppose I always seem to think that we get more information from cops and the like - or even data taken from night kills and their interactions which we are being denied here.

I think this format of game is interesting because it makes the scum play a defensive style of game where they can't really do anything except pretend to be town. There's some extreme gambits they could take to identify each other, like BK has noted, but they're extremely unreliable and at least initially, the information asymmetry is in favour of the town. I think good mafia play in general is more about day actions than night actions anyway so this style of game further reinforces that, but that's kind of dependent on the kind of set up and the size of the game I guess.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kleedrac posted:

I guess I'm just really confused on where rebels are getting our information from.

Is this worded really weirdly or am I just :tinfoil:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
no I absolutely feel that, its way too early to vote anyone atm since its incredibly important to avoid a mislynch but I think thats exactly the kind of poo poo we're looking for on D1

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I think this format of game is interesting because it makes the scum play a defensive style of game where they can't really do anything except pretend to be town. There's some extreme gambits they could take to identify each other, like BK has noted, but they're extremely unreliable and at least initially, the information asymmetry is in favour of the town. I think good mafia play in general is more about day actions than night actions anyway so this style of game further reinforces that, but that's kind of dependent on the kind of set up and the size of the game I guess.

Yeah, no night games are actually my favorite. I think Legends of the Hidden Temple was like this but it had masons. Ehhhh, It's hard to argue playstyles since there hasn't been many done with this format as far as I know, also he tweaked this version from previous ones.

Voting out the King is a stroke of luck because they can post uninhibited as they aren't aware of the guards -, unless there is a guard about to be lynched and there may be some sort of plea that can be picked up upon.

I have a small thing I want to look for in guards but I won't bring it up since they would avoid possibly doing it. It could also be a really lovely trap sprung that I'll just mention if nobody actually does it. I don't rate D1 very highly in games with night since I think it either takes an extreme gently caress up or an accidental gently caress it lynch that gets scum, but I think it might be the most important day for this sort of setup.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

##vote tt made joke about me being king, which made people vote me, which makes me angry

my pollen allergies are gone, gullag. did you walk past me in the hallway and attract the pollen?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
oh the guards don't know each other.

i was going to look for like over the top bussing/arguments between certain players that may arise (which would actually be lovely since there is no investigative roles to throw off) but I feel like it would naturally be a go to thing for people.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
man I REALLY hate kleedrac's post the more I read it. what else would we be looking for besides liars without a night? it could be an earnest question but he's been in quite a few games

I'm going to sleep though

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think the biggest difference between this and a traditional game of mafia is we aren't going to be able to ascertain very much from flips, normally you look at everyones day actions through the lens of the flips that occurred previously but obviously that isn't going to be helpful here

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Deadbeat Dad posted:

man I REALLY hate kleedrac's post the more I read it. what else would we be looking for besides liars without a night? it could be an earnest question but he's been in quite a few games

I'm going to sleep though

I've been in quite a few games - but never a nightless one. I'm just trying to piece together the strategy of it to be honest. Sorry if my wording was clunky.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Is this worded really weirdly or am I just :tinfoil:

The more I read Kleedrac's post, the stranger it seems, but I'm getting stronger vibes from BK.

The information they're presenting is useful, but it feels planted in such away that they had something to fall back on later as an example of pro-town play.

Outside of the content generated by those two players so far, there's a joke that I feel should get some attention.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't get it, mine says protect gulag dolls

I think a lot of people(self-included) placed some joke votes on gulag from this, but what strikes me about taste's comment is saying that he has a protective role, regardless of who it is to be protected. It just seems strange. The same strange I get from the wording in the Kleedrac post.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It was a sincere post, the king is gulag dolls and I am his captain of the guard

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was a sincere post, the king is gulag dolls and I am his captain of the guard

:psyduck:

really?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tremendous Taste posted:

Oh Taste! :allears:

Well you're either telling the truth or you're lying and I believe the policy is: "LYNCH ALL LIARS"

Which is it?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm telling the truth

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote TT

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

no if hes telling the truth we have to lynch gulag

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

no if hes telling the truth we have to lynch gulag

What's the read that you have on Gulag currently?

My take on taste is purely based on his 3 admissions of guilt in his 6 posts.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't get it, mine says protect gulag dolls

Tremendous Taste posted:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm telling the truth

You are right, if Taste is telling the truth then we'd have to lynch gulag, but I feel comfortable about gulag as opposed to taste when I compare the posts they've both made.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm 100% truthful

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

What's the read that you have on Gulag currently?

My take on taste is purely based on his 3 admissions of guilt in his 6 posts.

You are right, if Taste is telling the truth then we'd have to lynch gulag, but I feel comfortable about gulag as opposed to taste when I compare the posts they've both made.

Because if gulag is the king we win??

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Not to sound condescending, but did you read my post that you quoted? The way you responded doesn't address my question and doesn't comment at all on the statements that I put forth.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Man, I hate day one. I never know what to do or say, so I end up being quiet for a lot of it.

I really don't have a read on Gulag, but TT is really looking like he wants to get lynched.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Not to sound condescending, but did you read my post that you quoted? The way you responded doesn't address my question and doesn't comment at all on the statements that I put forth.

Thats my response to all of them because taste is claiming guard and telling us how to win.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Strong Mouse posted:

Man, I hate day one. I never know what to do or say, so I end up being quiet for a lot of it.

I really don't have a read on Gulag, but TT is really looking like he wants to get lynched.

This post is almost as bad as Kleedrac. I understand D1 sentiments but this isn't overly jokey and there is no night action to go on so I mean just post and bounce off of people and call things out that are scummy.

You did nothing in this post besides say you have no idea on Gulag and point out the obvious on TT.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean if you think TT is outright being a lovely person outing the king sure but that's close to 0%

Gulag could be the King but not because of TT saying it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't think cpig actually believes tt

which is enough to make me think he is the person we should lynch today

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I mean if you think TT is outright being a lovely person outing the king sure but that's close to 0%

Gulag could be the King but not because of TT saying it

Well thats what Im saying, if taste is lovely and outed the king, then we would win and know how lovely he is.

Then if hes lying we could just lynch him and get , at least, a possible guard out of the way.

In either scenario whether taste is actually a guard and is outing the king or taste is town and lying hes being a jerk and playing against his wincon.

The only way he makes sense is if he's either a guard throwing suspicion away (In a dumb way) from the real king or if he's a guard throwing the game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

CapitalistPig posted:

Well thats what Im saying, if taste is lovely and outed the king, then we would win and know how lovely he is.

Then if hes lying we could just lynch him and get , at least, a possible guard out of the way.

In either scenario whether taste is actually a guard and is outing the king or taste is town and lying hes being a jerk and playing against his wincon.

The only way he makes sense is if he's either a guard throwing suspicion away (In a dumb way) from the real king or if he's a guard throwing the game.

I don't like where that leads though. If TT is lying (which is extremely likely) and we lynch Gulag, the next logical step is people getting mad at TT and going after him next because they cant trust him / think he's a guard then before you know it there's just 2 rebels down and not much to go on.

I feel like you're favoring a very low chance (TT actually telling the truth) when there is an extremely higher chance that both are rebels.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I haven't played much mafia in the last year, maybe 2 or 3 games at most but I've been in like 1 or 2 with TT and he's straight up just claimed something and then was like "okay nah I wasn't really that", but it got people talking, so I'm telling you he's not being lovely.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

i don't think cpig actually believes tt

which is enough to make me think he is the person we should lynch today

Are you implying that there is validity to taste's claim? This post is confusing.

---

On the other hand, if TT is lying as town it is most likely for content generation and reactions.

I don't like how Pig is responding to TT's claim. It's too on the nose. I mean making the claim in joke phase D1 would appear to be a wise tactic given how easily it might be dismissed, but it just doesn't feel genuine. Feels like it's only to stir the pot.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no. i'm saying cpg is voting based on a bunch of bullshit he doesn't believe and is disregarding any chance that tt is just a rebel making things up.

##vote cpig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Capitalist Pig

Given the content in game thus far, I'm ok with this vote based on my own interactions with pig and the overall response to TT's claim.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
haha
you guys are dumbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

not as dumb as you

• Locked thread