Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I will admit, people do that a hell of a lot with Bane.

I don't think there's one medium he's shown up in that doesn't have him talk about breaking Batman's spine or doing the actual pose.

Maybe The Batman? Even then, Bruce still ended up with a serious injury after their first fight.

Bane motivates him to build a giant-rear end batbot, so it's ok in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMc4gaouAs
New arkham insider, this time about the batmobile.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm honestly sick of hearing about the Batmobile.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Agreed, dont care at all about the car. The fact that Bats seems to be able to straight up fly infinitely now should have been enough to take care of the much larger area.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
To be fair the car's the newest, shiniest thing in the game. There's probably only so much they could squeeze out of new challenge maps and so on when it comes to advertising.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I am really tired of European guys yelling at me in these videos.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

I was glad to see the Batmobile not getting hung up on little pieces of the environment (that corner of the fire escape that breaks apart rather than snagging the car), which was probably one of my biggest concerns. It's super friggin annoying to be driving a tank or other large vehicle in an open-world game where your size is more of a disadvantage than anything else.

Obviously this was a scripted demo and the real game might not be so forgiving, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The Batmobile has two modes:

A car mode and a "tank" mode. In the tank mode you basically have shooter controls. You swap between them at a button press. At least as of a year ago the movement of the tank wasn't an issue.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ImpAtom posted:

The Batmobile has two modes:

A car mode and a "tank" mode. In the tank mode you basically have shooter controls. You swap between them at a button press. At least as of a year ago the movement of the tank wasn't an issue.

tell us more please. if you dont mind. how were the controls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

tell us more please. if you dont mind. how were the controls.

They were okay. It wasn't my favorite part of the demo but it wasn't bad or anything.

You basically have "shooter' style controls and you move around quickly, including having a dodge. You've got a machine gun and a big cannon (weak and strong attack) and basically have to weave around enemy attacks avoiding damage while hitting them. Once you do enough damage without taking damage yourself you get a takedown and can missile enemies for an instant-kill. Get enough and you get a missile swarm which is hilarious.

It was less fun than on-foot combat but it wasn't bad or anything. It just didn't have the same cool flow. It felt like it would be fun enough to play in short bursts but I absolutely wanted to get back to being Batman ASAP since the new combat moves were fuckin' awesome.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The most offensive thing about any promotional video day these days is the annoying poo poo presenting it.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
This might be :spergin: as gently caress but I was annoyed that during the "big reveal" of the EMP in that Arkham Insider video the EMP didn't turn off any of the lights in its radius. Next gen gaming my rear end :colbert:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CharlestonJew posted:

am I the only one that thinks the Batmobile sections look fun?

It looks like playing as a Scout in Transformers: War for / Fall of Cybertron, which is perfectly fine with me.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Everyone's bitching about Knight's DLC, but Arkham City was pretty gnarly with crap too. I remember buying the game new and spending like two hours downloading the robin and catwoman packs.

I later threw money at them to play as nightwing, and then waited months later for the short and rather disappointing Harley Quinn's Revenge.

I drunkenly picked up arkham origins season pass while on sale, but need to rent the game again before Knight comes out. I heard Cold heart was decent.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
A question for people who know more about the series than I do, which is admittedly almost everyone:

I have the GotY editions of both Asylum and City on Steam. However, I have a shot at the PS3 of both for very little money, and I am really keen on the idea of playing them on my big telly. Despite quite a lot of searching, I have not been able to fully answer this question: Is the content for the PC GotY editions of Asylum & City the same as the content for the PS3 versions? If the PS3 GotY editions have the same content (or more) than the PC versions, I am probably going to get them on the cheap.

Thanks in advance for letting me know.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you're actually planning on preordering, the GMG deal that runs till June 1st is highway robbery. $36 for normal version, $53 for the everything including season pass.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

if you're actually planning on preordering, the GMG deal that runs till June 1st is highway robbery. $36 for normal version, $53 for the everything including season pass.
Sorry, how does one get this deal, and is it for North American chumps on Steam like myself?

(I went to the GMG site and the prices were the normal $90/70.)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 31, 2015

Onehellofaburrito
Oct 6, 2014
The deal was sent to people who subscribed to their emails, I believe

Code is: BATMAN-ARKHAM-SAVE40

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

redbackground posted:

Sorry, how does one get this deal, and is it for North American chumps on Steam like myself?

(I went to the GMG site and the prices were the normal $90/70.)

put in BATMAN-ARKHAM-SAVE40 in the voucher code section and make sure you're logged into GMG and can receive promo email poo poo from them. Should work out on the checkout page.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, both of you.

edit: Got the Premium edition, as I was willing to spend about that much for just the regular game anyway.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 31, 2015

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Wish they had all/any of these deals for PS4. Or that I knew where to look.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
For me the coolest thing is being able to bust into interiors with no loadscreens. If they can make smart use of that throughout the larger map, I think the difference is going to be extreme. I think that's the real missing piece to the whole puzzle.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 31, 2015

Veotax
May 16, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

A question for people who know more about the series than I do, which is admittedly almost everyone:

I have the GotY editions of both Asylum and City on Steam. However, I have a shot at the PS3 of both for very little money, and I am really keen on the idea of playing them on my big telly. Despite quite a lot of searching, I have not been able to fully answer this question: Is the content for the PC GotY editions of Asylum & City the same as the content for the PS3 versions? If the PS3 GotY editions have the same content (or more) than the PC versions, I am probably going to get them on the cheap.

Thanks in advance for letting me know.

The PS3 version of Asylum should have the ability to play as the Joker on a small selection of Challenge Maps. That's the only piece of DLC that I'm aware of that only came out on one platform.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I tried it and it didn't work. :(

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I got a "Voucher not valid" (or something like that) message few times initially. I went in to my account settings and manually turned off and then back on "receive email stuff". I also added my billing address while there. That seemed to do something, and I was able to plug the voucher in after that. Make sure you've also authorized the email that was sent to you when you first sign up.

Couldn't hurt to whitelist the site through your adblock/ghostery/etc programs, too.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 31, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Ditto, the code doesn't appear to work on the season pass. I already pre-ordered the base game from the GMG VIP area months back at like 30% off or something, but it would be good to get the season pass a chunky discount too.

edit: i just turned on the email thing and it let me add the code to the base and complete pack but not the season pass. So i guess it's only being applied to things arbitrarily.

GMG :sigh:

Kin fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 31, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'll be sure to try that and let you know how it goes.

Edit: It did.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 31, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Veotax posted:

The PS3 version of Asylum should have the ability to play as the Joker on a small selection of Challenge Maps. That's the only piece of DLC that I'm aware of that only came out on one platform.

i know its probably not that great but I hate that I will never get to play this, especially since I went out of my way to 100% AA.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 31, 2015

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Sweet. Got it. I was definitely not cool with paying $40 for a season pass, but with GMG, I'm only paying what I would have for the base game anyway.

Edit: And just got my refund from Steam for the pre-order I placed with them months ago.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 31, 2015

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

For me the coolest thing is being able to bust into interiors with no loadscreens. If they can make smart use of that throughout the larger map, I think the difference is going to be extreme. I think that's the real missing piece to the whole puzzle.

Yeah. Making Gotham big and seamless is the most exciting thing to me. I don't plan on using the Batmobile much for navigation on my first playthrough. I want to really take in the environments, look for interiors, and patrol the city rooftop-to-rooftop as much as possible. Hopefully the goon dialog is as good as previous games because that was a big incentive to explore every nook and cranny of Arkham City.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Kin posted:

Ditto, the code doesn't appear to work on the season pass. I already pre-ordered the base game from the GMG VIP area months back at like 30% off or something, but it would be good to get the season pass a chunky discount too.

edit: i just turned on the email thing and it let me add the code to the base and complete pack but not the season pass. So i guess it's only being applied to things arbitrarily.

GMG :sigh:

GMG isn't that hard to get refunds for on pre-orders. Just buy the whole premium bundle with the 40% code and contact them on getting a refund for the original vanilla copy. You'll have it within a week. I did the same thing with PoE when they offered the Royal Edition later on.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Canemacar posted:

Sweet. Got it. I was definitely not cool with paying $40 for a season pass, but with GMG, I'm only paying what I would have for the base game anyway.

Edit: And just got my refund from Steam for the pre-order I placed with them months ago.
Yeah, I'd rather buy the game + season pass for basically the price of the game rather than some dumb pre-order skins anyway. Besides, the TDKR and BB skins look pretty gross for the Steam pre-order bonus.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arkham Knight achievement list was leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz5rAFVo-Zg

"Use 100 Quick Gadgets while in Freeflow Combat." :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 1, 2015

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd be pretty confident that's actually meaning "Use Quick Gadgets at least 100 times during Freeflow Combat, over the course of the game".

Also surprised that there's no Flawless Freeflow X.0 achievement/trophy this time around.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That would certainly be a lot easier.

I am curious about a lot of these achievements, particularly the one about the Cloudburst.

Some possible bosses in the game seem to include Man-Bat, Deacon Blackfire, Hush, and Ventriloquist.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

i know its probably not that great but I hate that I will never get to play this, especially since I went out of my way to 100% AA.

If you have the PC version there are mods to put the Joker back in. He's also in the Mac version, because I assume whatever contract they signed with Sony just said "This content cannot ever appear on Microsoft platforms."

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

If you have the PC version there are mods to put the Joker back in. He's also in the Mac version, because I assume whatever contract they signed with Sony just said "This content cannot ever appear on Microsoft platforms."

I'd like to know this information so i can say gently caress the man 6 years ago, and get content only one goddamn console got.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That would certainly be a lot easier.

I am curious about a lot of these achievements, particularly the one about the Cloudburst.

Some possible bosses in the game seem to include Man-Bat, Deacon Blackfire, Hush, and Ventriloquist.
And it looks like Two-Face is on a wild bank-robbing spree.

And surely SURELY Cloudburst doesn't have anything to do with this guy.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Achievements don't seem as spoilery as the video makes them out to be, can't really ascertain any twists from the titles.No references to the Court of Owls or Thomas Wayne Jr., who I have pegged for the Arkham Knight.

Cloudburst is probably some plot thing to do with releasing gas over Gotham. Unless of course, Cloudburst the character is in the game because he is the Arkham Knight!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Huh. Never heard of them before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I just threw up. I don't want to look at the list, but I do want to find and kill whoever is responsible for that one. Jesus Christ. Maybe it means across the game and not all in one go.

I really have no excitement to play with the Batmobile. It just seems like it'll take away from the whole "running across rooftops" thing that I really enjoy about Batman. Hopefully I'm wrong though. That Ivy segment looked short enough to not be too painful.

• Locked thread