Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

not as dumb as you

yeah but you ar e voting for a rebel so you are dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
unless you are the king.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am the king. of rebels.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
also please note that I do no in fact, truly believe that Taste is telling the truth but there is at lease one scum voting me right now for jumping on the easy vote I set up for them by saying what I said.

Dad comes out looking better from the interaction so I do not think he is scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##unvote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

arent there only two people voting you right now. which one is it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

arent there only two people voting you right now. which one is it.

A person who has a forums name starting with the letter G

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

no. i'm saying cpg is voting based on a bunch of bullshit he doesn't believe and is disregarding any chance that tt is just a rebel making things up.

##vote cpig

there are certainly some gaps in logic but I don't believe he believes that's the most likely scenario, if he does, that is really dumb. which lends me to believe he is a rebel. The way he elaborated and explained his thinking seems town. It would be odd play from a guard or king - I still don't like certain statements from Mouse, Kleedrac and GG but I think GG rubbed me wrong the last game I played with him so it might just be a playstyle thing but more than that, he reads like I did my first year of playing mafia when I was scum trying to fit in, I was just eager and really helpful and tried to be too safe. I also think he entertained TT far too much than he deserved to be entertained. A weird vote. Mouse is white noise at this point. Kleedrac's one wording thing might be a slip.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think no matter what I do, I'll come across scummy. When I'm joking around, everyone thinks I'm scummy. When I'm trying to be serious and insightful, everyone thinks I'm scummy. I'm beginning to be at peace with it lol.

I will say that I feel like this game size and mode lends itself to me wanting to take a more active role though. I hope more players come and join in on the discussion soon!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
##vote cpig

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think no matter what I do, I'll come across scummy. When I'm joking around, everyone thinks I'm scummy. When I'm trying to be serious and insightful, everyone thinks I'm scummy. I'm beginning to be at peace with it lol.

I will say that I feel like this game size and mode lends itself to me wanting to take a more active role though. I hope more players come and join in on the discussion soon!

I just get a "fake earnest/contributing" vibe from you that scum have, but maybe you can't control it :smith:

I just don't get the TT vote, even though you switched it. Did you want him voted for? If more people started voting him, would you have kept it? I just feel like most people either gather information from that situation or ignore it, the vote seems a bit feigned.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Any particular reason? Your thought process of previous posts sort of mirror mine, want to hear why you think different about CPig.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I am of course lying but I don't like the way that escalated so quickly. Came off neutral on GG, negative on pig, positive on dad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I just get a "fake earnest/contributing" vibe from you that scum have, but maybe you can't control it :smith:

I just don't get the TT vote, even though you switched it. Did you want him voted for? If more people started voting him, would you have kept it? I just feel like most people either gather information from that situation or ignore it, the vote seems a bit feigned.

There wasn't much going on so I built the case around TT's claim solely on the fact that, at the time, literally half of his post count were made of posts where he claimed to be guarding gulag.

I figured, even if the casing was weak, it would be enough to get eyes on the thread. I figure this is TT's motive for making his wild claim D1 as well. In doing so, we got some pretty strange reactions from Pig. I feel comfortable with my vote on him at the moment.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
its like you guys have never played with the person who has explicitly stated he will believe all D1 claims before.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like pig, im neutral on TT, if on't like ghastly gangster, and I have no idea what's going on with the rest of you

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That's meant to say I don't like gg gently caress you iPhone autocorrect what is that even

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gulag is probably town, Maybe not but his post about making the Kings dick huge made me laugh and also made me assume he got the same pm as me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MC Eating Disorder posted:

That's meant to say I don't like gg gently caress you iPhone autocorrect what is that even

Without commas or periods, that reads really hurtful. :smith:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Probably not a stretch for scum to infer from context that town pms might make reference to the king being hung so that's a super tentative town read tho I just like to laugh :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GG what prompted the name change

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tremendous Taste posted:

GG what prompted the name change

Ghastly seemed like it fit the DOOM avatar better.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fair enough

I like your other other name the best tbh

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Sorry guys I've been on the road all day - and it looks like I ain't getting home tonight. No deadline on this game is listed but I'll put C-Pig on -1 so if you guys feel the need or a deadline is announced I'm helping;
##Vote: Capitalist Pig

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that's sus af

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

DBD has swayed me ##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

this

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GG is like this in every game.. ._.;

I think I like kleedrac the most as our lynch now. he didnt even comment on the king's soon to be giant dong

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Strong Mouse posted:

Man, I hate day one. I never know what to do or say, so I end up being quiet for a lot of it.

I really don't have a read on Gulag, but TT is really looking like he wants to get lynched.

##vote Strong Mouse

Just doesn't seem like a very rebel-like post to me.

If you post more maybe I'll look elsewhere.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

LEts kill him

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Strong Mouse

Just doesn't seem like a very rebel-like post to me.

If you post more maybe I'll look elsewhere.

the mouse is a good choice too

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

LEts kill him

##vote kleedrac

just as good as any other d1 thing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote kleedrac

just as good as any other d1 thing

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

GG is like this in every game.. ._.;

I think I like kleedrac the most as our lynch now. he didnt even comment on the king's soon to be giant dong

I also don't like Kleedrac, but his last post is almost like......... I dunno, kinda ballsy -1 play

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

meh right now im having a hard time caring.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CapitalistPig (3): Ghastly Gangsta, BottleKnight, Kleedrac
Strong Mouse (1): Deadbeat Dad
BottleKnight (1): Tremendous Taste
Kleedrac (1): CapitalistPig

Not Voting (3): GulagDolls, MC Eating Disorder, Strong Mouse

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CapitalistPig posted:

meh right now im having a hard time caring.

risking suspicion to make the play you think is right is a town move.

making a post like this is very, very much not town. It implies frustration at being pressured with barely any additional scumhunting. It is a bad defense.

I like my vote, I think we should lynch pig.

Kleedrac posted:

Sorry guys I've been on the road all day - and it looks like I ain't getting home tonight. No deadline on this game is listed but I'll put C-Pig on -1 so if you guys feel the need or a deadline is announced I'm helping;
##Vote: Capitalist Pig

No previous post about pig, still literally no alignment call in this post. This is a terrible post whether you are town or scum. Do you think pig is scum? Yes or no. And then back up your answer.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Any particular reason? Your thought process of previous posts sort of mirror mine, want to hear why you think different about CPig.

He fake-believed TT. He clearly did it in an immediate attempt to pass it off as meta or reaction-hunting. I think he calculated his D1 approach to the game, likes to hide behind a shroud and say it is content, and then say we're all dumb for him being weird.

It's a strategy where he makes himself look weird artificially, dismisses it as a nested gotcha, and then moves on with very frustrated posts. That is my case.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

risking suspicion to make the play you think is right is a town move.

making a post like this is very, very much not town. It implies frustration at being pressured with barely any additional scumhunting. It is a bad defense.

I like my vote, I think we should lynch pig.

No previous post about pig, still literally no alignment call in this post. This is a terrible post whether you are town or scum. Do you think pig is scum? Yes or no. And then back up your answer.

He fake-believed TT. He clearly did it in an immediate attempt to pass it off as meta or reaction-hunting. I think he calculated his D1 approach to the game, likes to hide behind a shroud and say it is content, and then say we're all dumb for him being weird.

It's a strategy where he makes himself look weird artificially, dismisses it as a nested gotcha, and then moves on with very frustrated posts. That is my case.

I love it how, in this post, you have no idea what you are talking about.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone offer a compelling reason for kleedrac to do what he did if he wasn't scum? We have no deadlines, and even if we did we have no nights anyway.

Also that post is the only time he's mentioned pig at all in the game

Its absolutely insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Can anyone offer a compelling reason for kleedrac to do what he did if he wasn't scum? We have no deadlines, and even if we did we have no nights anyway.

Also that post is the only time he's mentioned pig at all in the game

Its absolutely insane

its sus in a vacuum but everyone else had a bad vote on pig leading up to it

• Locked thread