Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I found the WATCH_DOGS™ VIGILANTE_EDITION in the bargain bin at the eb games today, I actually went to buy it because I thought I could do something stupid with it. but not only did the game ring up as out of stock on the shop system, someone had stolen the guts from inside the box! only the soundtrack disk remained. Aiden Pearce's Iconic Cap™ and Aiden Pearce's Vigilante Mask™ had been replaced by a second, different, presumably less iconic WATCH_DOGS™ branded hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roaper
Mar 23, 2012

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

The Skeep posted:

I found the WATCH_DOGS™ VIGILANTE_EDITION in the bargain bin at the eb games today, I actually went to buy it because I thought I could do something stupid with it. but not only did the game ring up as out of stock on the shop system, someone had stolen the guts from inside the box! only the soundtrack disk remained. Aiden Pearce's Iconic Cap™ and Aiden Pearce's Vigilante Mask™ had been replaced by a second, different, presumably less iconic WATCH_DOGS™ branded hat.

How odd. Just today I decided to be a VIGILANTE and hacked EB games with my phone while in the store (don't ask me why) to register it as out of stock, then I took a hat and mask from the box along with the game and put my NORMAL_PERSON hat inside before leaving the store. Afterwards I called up my buddy to download a car from him.

I also drove my motorcycle into the EB Games but then again who doesn't.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Roaper posted:

How much rev'ing did you have to do for someone to notice you were there?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Croccers posted:

How much rev'ing did you have to do for someone to notice you were there?
Nobody cared until he pressed the 'Threaten' button

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Roaper posted:

How odd. Just today I decided to be a VIGILANTE and hacked EB games with my phone while in the store (don't ask me why) to register it as out of stock, then I took a hat and mask from the box along with the game and put my NORMAL_PERSON hat inside before leaving the store. Afterwards I called up my buddy to download a car from him.

NORMAL_PERSON would be an amazing stage name for a EDM DJ whose gimmick is aliens.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
The best plans of uncles and hackers often go awry.

Episode 6: D-Trip.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
The History of Chicago: Episode 1.....Baldurdash.....Download

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
"Am I talking to badboy or Clara?" - Aiden, continuing to be a cock. She should of hosed with him and used the voice modulator to pretend he met someone completely different.

Also that ending :allears:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Ironicus is right to love Chicago.

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014

Leal posted:

"Am I talking to badboy or Clara?" - Aiden, continuing to be a cock. She should of hosed with him and used the voice modulator to pretend he met someone completely different.
And get used to the game trying to justify it's "dark", "gritty" cut scenes with dialogue afterward. Even if they make very little sense. Like watch the end of the last video with the beginning of this.

The thing is there are loads of clothing options, they are all just reskins.

Roaper
Mar 23, 2012

Holy poo poo Aiden. That was just some security guard. You can't even justify beating him with a stick.

Also how did that security director figure out you were hacking his computer. Does it release a smell?

Roaper fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 30, 2015

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
I've always found it way easier just to shoot all of the guards in the head with the silenced pistol. It doesn't do anything to your rating, so why should I care?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Roaper posted:

Holy poo poo Aiden. That was just some security guard. You can't even justify beating him with a stick.

Gotta level the playing field for the next smash bros tournament.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
No lie, if they fleshed out Spider-Tank a bit more, I'd totally play a full game of it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I didn't get too into the game so I didn't even try the digital trips. I almost want to fire up the game again to play spider tank. But then I'd have to reinstall uplay :effort:

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014
So imagine they just took all the fun things from this game and made a Ghost in the Shell game instead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I love how AAA game budgets are so massive that they could just plop a much better game inside their open-world game like it's nothing.

Roaper
Mar 23, 2012

At least the "Digital Trips" are kinda a real thing. I mean they really give you visual stimuli, it's more of a "mood injector" I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014

Roaper posted:

At least the "Digital Trips" are kinda a real thing. I mean they don't do anything....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats
FTFY ♥

Also any visual element you may get is due to sensory deprivation. That is why most of the instructions are listens to this noise with headphones on while wearing a blindfold. The mind does weird things when it has no stimuli.

Opiomorphone fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 30, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

kalonZombie posted:

No lie, if they fleshed out Spider-Tank a bit more, I'd totally play a full game of it.

You know they would screw it up somehow.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Most of the digital trips are surprisingly fun minigames, though spidertank is probably the best of the bunch.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Chip, that hacker wizards' duel you described is Watch_Dogs as done by Platinum Games. I wonder what they could do with an open world sandbox game.

Also, Spider Tank should just be a standalone budget title. Instead of having Observation_Canines attached, they could have spent all that dev time adding more upgrades, different tanks, new levels, etc. Something very Armored Core-esque.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Pyroi posted:

I dunno, Blood Dragon's pretty great.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Pyroi posted:

Tower climbing, dull collectables, boring protagonist(the tank driver of course), a story without self awareness, ect. Take your pick.:downsgun:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Demonbait posted:

So imagine they just took all the fun things from this game and made a Ghost in the Shell game instead.

Actually...

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Man, when I first saw "Spider Tank" I thought the digital trip would be you in a tank full of spiders. :spidey: :spiderguy: At least the reality didn't disappoint at all.

Roaper
Mar 23, 2012

Thanks man!

Also, does anyone feel that this game is getting closer to Shadowrun every episode? Aiden the Decker is tripping on BTL chips this episode but next episode we may have insect spirits over running Chicago. That chummer is getting into some bad drek man. I think I'm going to make Aiden in 4th edition later today.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
If they went to the trouble of making a fully functional spider tank monster, why on Earth would they leave it as just a mini-game? Toss in a couple of those and I might be willing to forgive about half of Aiden's character flaws. It's supposed to be near future so why not show it off as something besides linking everything to a terribly secured network easily manipulated by heavily tattooed women working with raspy men in oversized coats?

That looks like everything this game wishes it could be.

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014

Roaper posted:

Also, does anyone feel that this game is getting closer to Shadowrun every episode?
I wish it did. But it isn't really cool Cyberpunk future yet. It is a good couple of years off of that.
I hope if they make a Watch_Dogs_2 the game is basically Cyberpunk and the first thing you do is hunt down Aiden.

Geostomp posted:

why on Earth would they leave it as just a mini-game?
A very easily missable minigame at that.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
That...was the best D-trip right at the end there.

Leal posted:

Also that ending :allears:
Oh my loving god you sexist shithole.

Jesus CHRIST Aiden the first thing he says in the video, man. Okay fine you apologised but hahahaha that looked such an obvious misstep with dialogue/cutscene writing at different parts of the process. Also could we just not play as Aiden anymore and just be Spider-Tank the whole game, I mean it's pretty much that Ghost in the Shell PSX game which is A-OK by me because that game was pretty kickass rad.

I'm glad there's one part of this game done the way a game should be. :)

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Geostomp posted:

If they went to the trouble of making a fully functional spider tank monster, why on Earth would they leave it as just a mini-game? Toss in a couple of those and I might be willing to forgive about half of Aiden's character flaws. It's supposed to be near future so why not show it off as something besides linking everything to a terribly secured network easily manipulated by heavily tattooed women working with raspy men in oversized coats?

I know the Spider-Tank was in the advertising, and it seemed to me like it would just be part of the game. I was really wondering how'd they make "Hmm, these hacked security cameras show 7 armed guards around the area. I can set off a car alarm as a distraction, blow this circuit, then loving SPIDER TANK THEM RAAR" mesh into something coherent. Sucks that they didn't really try.

Was Aiden just writhing on the sidewalk making machine gun noises and muttering that he has two minutes to kill 15 cops?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Precambrian posted:

Was Aiden just writhing on the sidewalk making machine gun noises and muttering that he has two minutes to kill 15 cops?

Given what we've seen of him, it's not that different than normal. If anything, it'd complete his hobo disguise.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Geostomp posted:

That looks like everything this game wishes it could be.

Sadly it's by Nexon so it'll probably be even crappier.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Precambrian posted:

Probably, yes.

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

Truly cyberpunk is now, living in a dystopian world where rad as hell game ideas aren't fully realized.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mokinokaro posted:

It's Nexon's offshoot company, Neople, which has been actually pretty successful at bringing good games. So don't get bummed out just yet.

But yeah still, Korean game so it'll at least have a cash shop bare minimum.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
"Everything runs off of computer chips these days." Including, y'know, grenades. A device whose sole purpose is to explode, destroying itself and whatever circuitry payload it's carrying. They also seem to have their own wireless ad-hoc network because why not.

I'd like to imagine the ctOS guards are jailbreaking these things to load MP3s on them.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Re: New York subway graffiti: Yes, there are still places where graffiti exists, even with the MTA slowly updating and repairing stuff. However, a lot of the graffiti are either leftover MTA markers from maintenance crews, stuff inside tunnels/between stations that the MTA doesn't bother cleaning up for whatever reasons, or on abandoned subway platforms. For instance, there is a decommissioned platform on the 1/2/3 line between 96th and 86th Street that hasn't been used at least as long as I've been alive (so roughly 30 years) that is still covered in graffiti. But, as you can imagine, no one can get to it without stopping one of New York's busiest subway lines while you walk to it alongside the tracks. My guess is that Ubisoft decided that "subway graffiti = cheap and quick representation of gritty urban decay", even though transit authorities (and city maintenance crews, for that matter) are doing what they can to clean up and actually investing in clean up programs.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

There will never be a good GitS game, and I don't know if I want one.

But holy poo poo Spider Tank is loving amazing. That's a game I definitely want to exist.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
The modding community needs to make a Watch_Dogs / Earth Defense Force mashup.

Why does the Spider Tank have six legs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I like to imagine that CtOS guy realized he was being hacked because whatever you were doing had a big 'You're being hacked' sign popup on his screen. Kind of like when other guys online hack you, because computers work like that, right? :pseudo:

• Locked thread