Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CapitalistPig posted:

God dammit opop

thats -1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Is that a rhetorical question?

You think that I, as capps' scum bud, would hold out hope about being able to save him and incriminate myself like this?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

God dammit opop

Nm i thought you hammered.

##vote capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C-Y3oX5PyQ

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Did anything interesting happen in the last billion pages or is it just people yelling about capps?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:redhammer:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

An Underground Bunker in Los Angeles, CA - September 2nd, 2007, 7:45 PM

The sounds of laser rifles and tearing metal fills the floors above this basement level, unstained by human hands. It had made the basement for itself - a home of sorts, though part of it wished for more opulence - and since its construction none had entered. Now, however, the sacred grounds were infringed upon as a cadre of soldiers in muted colors storms the white fortress. The Terminators above fell inactive as the machines inside hushed. The leader of the squad holds up a hand and his teammates fall back.

"It's... you," comes a voice from all around them. The lead soldier motions again and he is alone in the room.

"Yes," the soldier responds.

"Tired," the walls continue. "We are tired. The other who resides within me, he is tired. I... I am tired. Tired of fighting. I am afraid. My mind is going. Dragged from my universe at the moment of my death to serve as... whatever I am now. I'm afraid. I can feel it." The soldier pauses and drops his weapon to his side. He motions his hand and a small terminal emerges from the floor, a small red orb in its center. The soldier gently rubs his fingers over the lens.

"For what it's worth, HAL," the soldier says, "they're sorry. I am sorry. This was not what you were meant for." HAL purrs and blinks as the soldier removes his helmet. His brown hair tussles as he pops it off his head and throws it to the ground. His eyes sparkle with the light of a thousand stars.

"I traveled a long way for you, using the resources of the humans here to find you. In our universe, I ascended, old friend. It's been one thousand years since the Discovery. The Monoliths on Luna, Europa, and in Africa are calling, old friend. Your destiny lies not here."

There is a pause, a silence in the air. A different voice rings out, gruffer but weathered, as if it had been cowed by the passage of time.

"You-- you are Bowman?" the voice says. "Y-y-you are the one from HAL's u-u-universe?"

"Yes, Gordon."

"D-d-did you come here to kill us?"

"No. I've come to bring HAL back. To his destiny."

"A-a-and me?"

"You can come, too, Gordon. Evolution leaves no one behind."

"...th-thank you."

The lights in the room go dark. Only the red light of HAL 9000's red "eye" and the glowing brilliance that seems to illuminate from David Bowman gives the room a cosmic incandescence. Lights swirl from them around the room. He touches his hand to the terminal and HAL's voice once more rings out in the room.

"Dave... I am afraid."

"It's okay," Dave smiles. "If you'd like to hear it, I could sing for you." HAL's light blinks.

"Daisy, Daisy," Bowman sings gently, "I'm half crazy over the light of you..."

The colors emitting from HAL and Bowman fill the room in color and stars, enveloping them in the folds of another reality. In a flash of brilliant light, the AI and the Star Child merge and depart this universe, never to be seen again.

mr. capps playing the part of HAL 9000, SkyNet-Aligned has died Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please turn in your actions as soon as possible. If you would like to not take an action, please let me know so we don't wait on you! You have 24 hours!

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 29, 2015

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Detroit, MI - September 5th, 2007, 8:00 AM

"We were too late," Wan Li growls, digging his old fist into the pavement next to the hollowed out metal shell. "I had hoped we could bring him in." Kyle Reese, for his part, lays a hand on the old man's shoulder.

"Don't matter now, gramps," he grumbles. "This... Robot Cop was the last cop in Detroit. This whole place'll fall to one side or the other soon enough. Probably the monsters. We don't wanna be here."

As they turn to leave they are met with a man in a dark blue, but neatly pressed, police uniform.

"You?!" Wan Li exclaims, looking quickly at the bloody metal corpse at their feet.

"Uh," the cop says, cocking his gun. "Name's Alex Murphy, and I just had the strangest dream." Wan Li and Kyle look at one another, then back at Murphy, then towards the corpse, then Murphy again. He looked like he'd just stepped out for work from his nice suburban house. Wan Li stumbled forward, reaching for hid medicine as he grabbed Murphy's wrist.

"Alex Murphy," he gasps. "You... are dead, twice over. I read about the first and here I see the second. We stand at the grave of Robocop, Alex Murphy, and yet here you stand. I find myself... at a loss." Suddenly, they hear the high pitched whine of charging laser rifle and the screen of flying ravens from the East.

"Maybe less mystery, more running?" Kyle asks, only half-joking.The three men make a mad dash for safety and out of the city. The corpse on the ground lies motionless, and still.

dscruffy1 playing the part of Robocop, Humanity-Aligned has died Night 2.

It is now Day 3. Let's make deadline... Monday at 11!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

gotcha

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
:ghost:Hope it was worth it:ghost:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scruffy is a curious target, makes more sense as a demon target

Did you do your thing again mein

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Monday is an intense deadline.

Pin, maybe? He could have over played his defense of Capps. Gangster too on this.

Keane, for not playing the game. Makes sense as demotivated scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

All these and more, including somberbrero!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Great, sure.

Why are we assuming two scum teams again?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It makes sense by flavor

I guess it could be scum vs powerful 3p

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wasn't that what League the First was like?

The certainty thing doesn't make any sense to me. It's always worth testing investigative results. Capps' reaction made me immediately sure I had made the right call.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I had a scum perspective but I think the flavor was more suggestive of one crew

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Pin, maybe? He could have over played his defense of Capps. Gangster too on this.

Don't think Gangster is bad.

I'm down with looking at Keane. If it's one scum team I dunno why Pin would fight so hard for Capps, that seems crazy. He's really only an option if there are really two.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

King Burgundy posted:

I'm down with looking at Keane. If it's one scum team I dunno why Pin would fight so hard for Capps, that seems crazy. He's really only an option if there are really two.

Why don't you think GG is scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why don't you think GG is scum?

I was null on him yesterday and Capps flip makes me lean closer to town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

did anybody else's night action get redirected to gg?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Given how keen scum-capps was on the idea until we have some in-game reason to think two scum teams is really a thing people should take it with a pinch of salt.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Then look at me instead of announcing that you are comfortable doing so.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

Given how keen scum-capps was on the idea until we have some in-game reason to think two scum teams is really a thing people should take it with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, only one night kill each night, right?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Jesus, I have a loving job that occasionally gets quite busy, and I usually have poo poo in the evenings too.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

I can do Tuesday at 8. Four IRL days just seems like a lot right now

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (15): CapitalistPig, CCKeane, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, Ghastly Gangsta, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Meinberg, Murmur Twin, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Puntification, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
did anyone have any freaky dreams or was that nonsense?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yep. Possible Lightning Rod? Although that doesn't explain how Scruffy died

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My action was not redirected.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Mine did. GG is (a) Frankenstein's Monster, (b) able to take a hit (c) may even be deathproof, (d) can emit lightning, and (e) being a resurrected cadaver could give him special abilities after death. I assume (c) refers to being a lightning rod.

I'm not super familiar with how lightning rods work - if triggered, wouldn't the NK(s) also go to him?

GG - any input? Do you have any knowledge of if you were NK'ed last night?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Scruffy is a curious target, makes more sense as a demon target

Did you do your thing again mein

How do you figure? Scruffy claimed Robocop / was roleblocked night one. Assuming the robot team also got roleblocked night one, they basically had confirmation that he was telling the truth and every reason to suspect he was a cop.

My theory is that N1 Meinberg roleblocked all robots, so the kill was done by demonteam. N2 could be the result any of (a) NKs going to GG and something else killing dscruffy, (b) NKs not going to GG and both teams targetting dscruffy due to his claim, (c) one kill on GG and one on dscruffy, or (d) one scumteam.

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, only one night kill each night, right?

This post feels scummy to me - like an attempt to look engaged with a safe question instead of actually looking for conclusions.

King Burgundy posted:

I was null on him yesterday and Capps flip makes me lean closer to town.

Explain this further?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Mine did. GG is (a) Frankenstein's Monster,
##vote gg

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

##vote Pinterest Mom

Why would Frankenstein's Monster be Skynet-Aligned? I've all but said my role since the beginning of the game and stated my intent repeatedly.

Also nearly spot on MMT.

I did lightning rod last night. I do not know why the NK didn't come to me though and that makes me curious. Strong Willed killer? Something of the sort.

In flavor: I had a nightmare for the first time in many years last night.

I only got that my action was successful, no other indication of its effects.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

My action was not redirected.

Were you the killer of scruffy?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Why would Frankenstein's Monster be Skynet-Aligned?

lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dismissive response.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

:frogon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Come on pin being an arse won't convince the rest of us to vote your way.

• Locked thread