Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's really not hard. Just listen to an episode where all four are on and pay a modicum of attention to their introductions. Ghostbusters II or TMNT II I think are all hands on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Holy poo poo this weeks animation damnation sounds completely insane. I need to watch it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo this weeks animation damnation sounds completely insane. I need to watch it.

Sometimes I get nostalgic and wonder why NBC stopped airing Saturday morning cartoons. Then I listened to that and remember why.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

dr_rat posted:

If you going to do an ad do it right, and this is pretty much the best way. The audience got a book recommendation and audible got its plug.

That only really works for a store with a bit of variety and if the people doing the plug get a choice in what particular items they mention, but for those cases it does actually make for an interesting ad.

Wait theres four of them! Man I must of listened to even episode and I always though there was just three in the crew.

I should probably get my ears checked or something...
....also pretty terrible at names.

getting old :(

Mostly it's just three of them, but sometimes all four of them are there. Usually big episodes, like episode 200 for Red Heat, or Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull (which I think was episode 100, but I'm too lazy to check).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Sometimes I get nostalgic and wonder why NBC stopped airing Saturday morning cartoons. Then I listened to that and remember why.

Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbExMkYdGW4

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

I had no recollection of that show until the episode started. Even then I only barely remembered it existed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5njG8ikvo

Jose Oquendo posted:

The 80's were an amazing time for cartoons because they were only on Saturday mornings and they'd make a cartoon out of anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kr3jMhz47E

Anything.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

I watched three minutes of it, and I have never felt harder that I am being punked somehow.

Did Adult Swim somehow do this?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
How old are you people?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How old are you people?
Welcome to the elderly corner of the Internet. Don't worry, we've got enough MASK and Jem toys for everyone.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How old are you people?

29, prepping for Carousel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I am 30 and there is a good chance that I did watch it as a kid, but I might have just forgotten about it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's not that crazy that some people don't remember Pro Stars. It's a flash in the pan show on the network with the weakest Saturday line up. Honestly, the only NBC cartoons I remember are Pro Stars and Wish Kid and I'm 31.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I just listen to the episode and honestly, their objection to the Loony Tunes being enslaved is kinda weird.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

e X posted:

I just listen to the episode and honestly, their objection to the Loony Tunes being enslaved is kinda weird.

Slavery has no place in the Looney tune universe.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JT Smiley posted:

It's not that crazy that some people don't remember Pro Stars. It's a flash in the pan show on the network with the weakest Saturday line up. Honestly, the only NBC cartoons I remember are Pro Stars and Wish Kid and I'm 31.

Anyone who didn't consume just about anything Bo Jackson related just wasn't a true American. Bo knows your sins, JT Smiley.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gyges posted:

Anyone who didn't consume just about anything Bo Jackson related just wasn't a true American. Bo knows your sins, JT Smiley.

Bo knows all

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I haven't listened to the WHM episode on this yet, but holy poo poo I can't believe I remember this. Like a jolt to the memory.

I love that they got Jordan and Gretsky, arguably the greatest their respective sports ever saw, and with Bo Jackson (who was great, don't get me wrong), mainly because they could get two sports stars for the price of one.

"We need stars from basketball, hockey, football, and baseball, but 4 stars is gonna be expensive...wait...I have an idea..."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't listened to the WHM episode on this yet, but holy poo poo I can't believe I remember this. Like a jolt to the memory.

I love that they got Jordan and Gretsky, arguably the greatest their respective sports ever saw, and with Bo Jackson (who was great, don't get me wrong), mainly because they could get two sports stars for the price of one.

"We need stars from basketball, hockey, football, and baseball, but 4 stars is gonna be expensive...wait...I have an idea..."

They actually do make that observation, too.

e: although they really didn't :airquote:get:airquote: Jordan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The ProStars cereal was way better than the show. The cereal fuckin owned

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, Bo was a freak athlete, and who knew at the time that his career would be cut short from injuries.

e: also this:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Evil Mastermind posted:

They actually do make that observation, too.

e: although they really didn't :airquote:get:airquote: Jordan.

By that, I meant that I assume they had to somehow acquire likeness rights?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

By that, I meant that I assume they had to somehow acquire likeness rights?

That's about all they got. He doesn't provide a voice or appear in the live-action intro.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hockles posted:

Well, Bo was a freak athlete, and who knew at the time that his career would be cut short from injuries.

On the other hand, he was a running back.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hey guys stop blowing Bo for being a two sport athlete. Jordan was too.

:laugh:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

JT Smiley posted:

Even if you aren't a child of the 80s/90s, weird cartoon series based on real-life sports figures and musicians kept going well into the 00s. At one point the Backstreet Boys had a cartoon where they were superheroes, Andre 3000 was leading a team of teenagers, and just last year Scooby-Doo teamed up with John Cena.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sleeveless posted:

Even if you aren't a child of the 80s/90s, weird cartoon series based on real-life sports figures and musicians kept going well into the 00s. At one point the Backstreet Boys had a cartoon where they were superheroes, Andre 3000 was leading a team of teenagers, and just last year Scooby-Doo teamed up with John Cena.

Wait, the Backstreet Boys really did have a cartoon? I remember the Burger King toys they had of them as heroes but never knew it was based on a real show.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Mods name change me to Eyes Wide Chuck tia

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

weekly font posted:

Hey guys stop blowing Bo for being a two sport athlete. Jordan was too.

:laugh:

Yep, basketball and competitive advertising.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

JT Smiley posted:

Wait, the Backstreet Boys really did have a cartoon? I remember the Burger King toys they had of them as heroes but never knew it was based on a real show.

My bad, it was a comic book and not a cartoon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The New Kids On The Block were the ones who had their own cartoon.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Evil Mastermind posted:

The New Kids On The Block were the ones who had their own cartoon.

As well as a bunch of hits.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

weekly font posted:

As well as a bunch of hits.

Are you quoting LFO?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I don't know what you're referring to but Chinese food makes me sick.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Listening to the She's All That Episode, there's a real collar-pulling bit in the beginning about Paul Walker.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It goes throughout the entire episode and it's incredible.

People remember him very fondly. Do not worry about Paul Walker.

edit: but I think The Skulls is my PW ep of choice

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Their newest episode covering The Lost World is a classic.

"The T-Rex in Don't Wake Daddy!"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

MisterBibs posted:

Their newest episode covering The Lost World is a classic.

"The T-Rex in Don't Wake Daddy!"

It's not bad, there's some things there that are entirely too nitpicky at times. But they already lost me when they claimed that JP3 is better.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
When do they do their Listener Request Month? I want them to do Punisher: War Zone.

(That would totally loving be a We Love Movies, too.)

e: also, yeah, :wtc: how is JP3 in any way better than Lost World? Lost World is a slightly below average movie, JP3 is an outright shitpile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

e: also, yeah, :wtc: how is JP3 in any way better than Lost World? Lost World is a slightly below average movie, JP3 is an outright shitpile.
Exactly.