Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

It's quite telling that the women in these illustrations have no faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
RUN THE EYE TRAP
*airhorns*

Top City Homo posted:

Relationship deal breaker

1.) Being fingered by my oval retard brother

Hahaha.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 31, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Bewitching eyes are covered in a previous lesson, presumably.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

CPL593H posted:

Can we get some faces in here please?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Um. I just noticed something. Are they dissing tay-tay??

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Wedemeyer posted:

Um. I just noticed something. Are they dissing tay-tay??

No way any of those outfits are from later than 1989

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

By the way, they'll never let Megyn Kelly pitch anything better than a changeup to those chucklefucks

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Say Nothing posted:

The longer you stare at these faces, the more hosed up they become. It's like a bad acid trip.

I feel for all the cylinder blocks that will be destroyed in the process of that family gnawing to keep their teeth the right length

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Josh Bob would of gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Boo This Man posted:

Jim Bob would of gotten away with it if it wasn't for Josh meddling kids.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Say Nothing posted:

The longer you stare at these faces, the more hosed up they become. It's like a bad acid trip.

wat what hte hell

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I like that all the examples of good female hair grow their hair longer than the bad examples and the two paragraphs about male haircuts would have exactly the same effect if you just replaced all of it with "cut your hair short"

Where did the connection between women having long hair and men having short hair in conservative Christian culture come from, anyway? Like every depiction of white Jesus has long hair even

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I like that all the examples of good female hair grow their hair longer than the bad examples and the two paragraphs about male haircuts would have exactly the same effect if you just replaced all of it with "cut your hair short"

Where did the connection between women having long hair and men having short hair in conservative Christian culture come from, anyway? Like every depiction of white Jesus has long hair even

gender roles are weird

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

shiksa posted:

gender roles are weird

but also good and normal, and if we followed them maybe we wouldn't be as sin cursed as we are

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Say Nothing posted:

What the hell is that guy from The Office doing in the upper left

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

1 Corinthians 11:1-16, at least in terms of women having long hair and men having short hair. Why Jesus is depicted with long hair, beats me. Probably the same historically accidental reason he looks like an Italian Renaissance painter.

quote:

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.2 Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. 3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, 5 but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. 6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. 7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. 9 Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; 12 for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God. 13 Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering. 16 If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Say Nothing posted:

i tried looking for the kid with the lopsided head from the magazine cover and somehow found 3 of him

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Captain von Trapp posted:

1 Corinthians 11:1-16, at least in terms of women having long hair and men having short hair. Why Jesus is depicted with long hair, beats me. Probably the same historically accidental reason he looks like an Italian Renaissance painter.

im no bible scholar but are all the rules and stuff from the bible as tenuous and dumb as this?

"well uh women should cover their head. cause angels. but men oh man dont cover your head. because uh because the rib thing."

tbf ive literally never read a bible in my life so if this is how the whole thing is, sure, fair enough, but this bit seems a bit arbitrary.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Yes. They don't care, they'll cherry pick anything as long as it'll suit their bullshit.

Don't tell them that the bible was written by multiple people throughout time and even the gospels between the apostles contradict one another.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
There's a super weird church near me called Plymouth Bretheren and they still do the headscarf thing. You ocasionally see the women out shopping, all wearing long denim skirts and with waist length hair. They barely speak to outsiders and have the creepiest air about them. I honestly feel terrible for the younger girls with them who look miserable.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

shiksa posted:

im no bible scholar but are all the rules and stuff from the bible as tenuous and dumb as this?

"well uh women should cover their head. cause angels. but men oh man dont cover your head. because uh because the rib thing."

tbf ive literally never read a bible in my life so if this is how the whole thing is, sure, fair enough, but this bit seems a bit arbitrary.

that's how the whole thing is

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

wife in the backseat where she loving belongs

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

James Duggar

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If you think about it, christian women should really be wearing hijab

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

This page got studied for hours in the bathroom.

Also I got taught bible stuff when I was a kid but I don't remember anyone pointing out poo poo about how long your hair should be, I thought you just had to be good to other people. Guess I wasn't brought up well and am gonna go to hell. In fact I'm in GBS so same thing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Affe mk2 posted:

i tried looking for the kid with the lopsided head from the magazine cover and somehow found 3 of him

This kid seems to be having serious problems with his aspect ratio.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

CPL593H posted:

Amish doll fashion

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007

What the hell is going on here?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

afterhours posted:

What the hell is going on here?

Duggar Trek: The Next Generation

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fuckin' lol

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Oh my god

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

I literally don't understand this. I can't find anything supposedly indecent in that imagine if that's the point. Maybe them ankles and pumps in #3?? :quagmire:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

There's a couple rape faces

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dr. Wang posted:

I literally don't understand this. I can't find anything supposedly indecent in that imagine if that's the point. Maybe them ankles and pumps in #3?? :quagmire:

It's #7. The slit in the skirt allows the viewing of calf.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012

netally posted:

There's a super weird church near me called Plymouth Bretheren and they still do the headscarf thing. You ocasionally see the women out shopping, all wearing long denim skirts and with waist length hair. They barely speak to outsiders and have the creepiest air about them. I honestly feel terrible for the younger girls with them who look miserable.

The Amish and some orders of Mennonites cover as well. What's frightfully telling about the Gothard poo poo is that it tells women how to style their hair as opposed to covering. Covering has a massive history in Christian cultures. ...and Judaism, and Islam. So while one can disagree with it, it's the issue of a relationship between the woman and her God.
These hairstyle dictates? They only reflect the preferences and fetishes of one filthy perverted old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Dr. Wang posted:

happyhippy posted:

1. The Jezebel is touching her nu-nu. Punishment, stoned until death. JimBob 3:1-267.
2. Has an ornament around her neck pointing down to her nu-nu. Punishment, stoned until death. Huckabee 42:3-29
3. Showing too much ankle! Punishment, sleep over with Josh. JimBob 14:1-10.
4. Flagrantly showing two leg calves when walking, an open invitation to touch her and feel her up when asleep. Punishment, forced to look like Michelle Duggar for life. JimBob 44:12-13.
5. Putting little finger into ear. Symbolizes putting a hoo-hoo into a nu-nu. Punishment, burned at stake, then stoned to death. Michelle 2:1-23.
6. Throwing gang signs. Punishment, none. Is family member of a white christian rich old guy.

• Locked thread