Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Say Nothing posted:

The longer you stare at these faces, the more hosed up they become. It's like a bad acid trip.

There

Poor kids gently caress

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Condoms off to you!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Vicodiva posted:

Covering has a massive history in Christian cultures. ...and Judaism, and Islam.

Evidence of covering dates in the Abrahamic tradition back at least to like 3000 years ago in Jewish society and the original covering in Islam (And really the whole idea for a new religion) almost certainly were inspired by Muhammad's business trips to the Byzantine Empire, where it was the style at the time for Christian women to be covered. On top of that, the Persians and other nearby societies practiced covering as a sort of sign of nobility since it was believed that only a lesser person has to care about moving their head fully or whatever, and since people like to feel rich or important that naturally spread throughout the Muslim from there.

In modern terms, the reason Christians won't force a woman to completely cover is because Muslims are The Enemy by tradition even though a lot of the poo poo you'll find in Saudi Arabia is exactly what a fundie would want, just with a different language attached to it.

Jimahu Bobar.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Lol. 8 isn't enough.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jim Bob and Josh Duggar present: Duggar Bang Bus

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Obligatory Toast posted:

Yes. They don't care, they'll cherry pick anything as long as it'll suit their bullshit.

Don't tell them that the bible was written by multiple people throughout time and even the gospels between the apostles contradict one another.

What's really fun is there are websites where you can look up bible passages and it includes all the different English language translations and half of them vary wildly from one another so you can have three sentences that all mean something mildly or completely different depending on which bible you have. Now imagine that game happening over a number of centuries from one language to the next (some of which aren't even spoken anymore). At this point it's all pretty much meaningless and devoid of any of its original context.

The only thing you really need to take away from the bible is "Don't be a dick." That's really all Jesus was on about, but it just gets lost in a sea of whacky rituals and petty squabbles among different sects.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Also, Figs suck because they go out of season sometimes.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
interesting that every woman in that vehicle has been sexed up by one of the 2 in the front seats

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
why restrict it to the women? or adults.

-Jim Bob

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

afterhours posted:

What the hell is going on here?

taint reaping irl

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

The White Dragon posted:

taint reaping irl

:chanpop:

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict
I'm not sure what the big deal is, It's not like he was doing something really sinful like teaching the girls how to read.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Besides, it's not like they don't have Jesus.

Htom Sirveaux
Dec 16, 2005
J Bimbo

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

The pugs are probably less inbred.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't think this was posted, but here's an article by a woman who escaped that lifestyle.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/i_couldve_been_a_duggar_wife_i_grew_up_in_the_same_church_and_the_abuse_scandal_doesnt_shock_me/

There isn't a :stare: emoticon big enough.

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
Collin Adams Most the people wanting it cancled are the people saying their hipacrits for being Christians while raping people. It's just people hating
19 hrs

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Chafey posted:

Collin Adams Most the people wanting it cancled are the people saying their hipacrits for being Christians while raping people. It's just people hating
19 hrs

Mods rename me Christian Whilst Raping

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't think this was posted, but here's an article by a woman who escaped that lifestyle.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/i_couldve_been_a_duggar_wife_i_grew_up_in_the_same_church_and_the_abuse_scandal_doesnt_shock_me/

It's like this cult is actually a conspiracy to breed child molesters, haha, this is evil.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

imagine how much some media person has to drill them for their upcoming interview "whatever you do, don't say your daughters tempted your son, don't do that"

"but these temptresses are to blame for their --"

"no no no, don't say that, oh my god"

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

A good read. I hope Tina Fey is happy.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I'm starting to believe there may be Reptilians on earth now.

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
Joy-Anna Duggar - - Favorite Quote: “For God to Increase, we must decrease."

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

quote:

My close friend’s mother even refused treatment for breast cancer because she saw the disease as God saving her from her abusive husband, and the burden of caring for her many children.

Jesus Christ :smith:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
nero had the right idea about christians imho

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

"The first time I had sex, I didn’t fully understand what was happening to me. When it was over, I noticed that I was bleeding, and I became convinced that God was going to kill me for my sin of causing lust in a man. I lay on the dirty floor of my cheap apartment’s bathroom begging for God’s forgiveness, begging to start over again, and begging for my family’s love, which I knew had now been forever forfeited by my sin."

wonder what her boyfriend felt about all of this

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Jim Bob on his own seed:

quote:

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the babies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I support them going to Australia as planned. Use the country for its original purpose imo

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I support them going to Australia as planned. Use the country for its original purpose imo

Killing aborigines?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"Who Buggered the Duggar?"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
whats wrong with that mans face

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

XMNN posted:

whats wrong with that mans face

anders life took a turn for the patriarchal.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Norton posted:

"The first time I had sex, I didn’t fully understand what was happening to me. When it was over, I noticed that I was bleeding, and I became convinced that God was going to kill me for my sin of causing lust in a man. I lay on the dirty floor of my cheap apartment’s bathroom begging for God’s forgiveness, begging to start over again, and begging for my family’s love, which I knew had now been forever forfeited by my sin."

wonder what her boyfriend felt about all of this

If you read the rest of that exact paragraph...
 "At that point, I had no frame of reference to understand that someone had taken sexual advantage of me, because the concept of date rape wasn’t part of ATI’s “Umbrella of Authority.”"

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

teenytinymouse posted:

If you read the rest of that exact paragraph...
 "At that point, I had no frame of reference to understand that someone had taken sexual advantage of me, because the concept of date rape wasn’t part of ATI’s “Umbrella of Authority.”"

could have still been her bf. dont think she mentions her relationship to the person, but i skimmed that boring wall of text sorry

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mercury_Storm posted:

Jim Bob on his own seed:

lol

jim bob page

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Fiend posted:

Besides, it's not like they don't have Jesus.

For these people, it's all Paul all the time. You hardly ever hear them quote anyone else; it's that bitter old misogynist\misanthrope\general fun-hater they love, even if half of the stuff he wrote conflicts with what Jesus said in the Gospels. There's actually a lot of interesting early Christian religious history about the struggle in the early Church as to who had primacy, St Peter or St Paul. Peter was a lot more mellow in general and more in tune with Jesus' teaching, but he mainly concerned himself with Jews who had converted to follow Christ. He was key in forming the dogma of the early Catholic church. Paul, in contrast, was the official minister to the Gentiles who joined the movement (he was culturally suited for this, he was one himself and a former Roman enforcer) and his letters to churches under his supervision are what most of fundamentalism is based on. Between that and the aforementioned cherry-picking of the Bible (if you want something hateful and/or depressing to read about God, the Old Testament and Paul are your go-to guys) the fundamentalist Baptist movement has come to virtually ignore most of the rest of scripture, especially that "love your brothers and sisters as I have loved you" and "care for the poor and wretched" and "judge not lest ye be judged" stuff that Jesus said, to focus instead entirely on the teachings of a woman-hating, dour authoritarian.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

People were surprised that a family headed by a man named Jim Bob had poo poo like this going on behind their doors?

• Locked thread