Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
His family has bred for centuries to be the perfect human, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I don't know if to spoiler this or not but can you add to the OP that they freaking transform into human bugs unique to themselves to fight the super human cockroaches. I started reading this and figured what the hell then it gets to this and its pretty god drat cool.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Anyone who dropped the series for censorship should at least come back for Episode 6. It has everything that really made me fall in love with the series.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I have caught up on all the chapters. There is basically non-stop fighting of transformable humans fighting cockroaches in simply amazing fights to look at. I leave you with the best part of the manga so if others are trying to decide if they want to know more(I removed any possible spoiler in the image there is no plot reveal in this).

I loved the frame story with BUGS 2. Every time they explain a characters power I have to look up the animal. The combat is great, the story is "ok" but who cares they loving rip heads off bodies at the speed of sound. Holy gently caress, there is a lot of flashbacks.

Terra ForMars: I'm gonna get pregnant.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 3, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got into the manga after watching the first few eps. Pretty good stuff!
Good fanart too

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Slightly off topic but pretty interesting given the concept of the manga

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/when-did-insects-evolve/

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can someone update the op with like cool pictures of the characters transforming into bug people to fight super huge cockroaches. Right now it is pretty bare bone and makes it look like this is some kind of manga where they sit around and talk when basically its always fighting even when fighting does not make sense at all.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Heh. Ehehehe. Get it? Mars! In a show about Mars! Such clever music direction!

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I decided to watch the OVA and it's really pleasantly surprising how the anime seems to be ditching the skeevy poo poo. Maria's backstory is just straight-up not told rather than "oh yeah by the way this character was a loving child prostitute," which is a definite improvement.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
If you watched the first 3 episodes uncensored on Crunchyroll when they were up a while back they just put up episodes 4 to 7, it's for 24 hours only though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I decided to watch the OVA and it's really pleasantly surprising how the anime seems to be ditching the skeevy poo poo. Maria's backstory is just straight-up not told rather than "oh yeah by the way this character was a loving child prostitute," which is a definite improvement.

She dies like instantly, story or not means little difference. Her power was awful also.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Next volume of the manga has been translated http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Terra-ForMars

And now we got a character whose super power comes, from...eugenics :shepicide:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

davidHalestorm posted:

Next volume of the manga has been translated http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Terra-ForMars

And now we got a character whose super power comes, from...eugenics :shepicide:

That's been translated for a couple months bruh you should probably read the thread.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
More uncensored episodes are going up, probably 8 to 11

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Are the BD episodes out yet I want to marathon the uncensored ones only.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
These chapters take forever to come out, I want more non-stop action with barely a story!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

New chapters are out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is literally the best moment of volume 11 and I will eat my own shoes before I hear otherwise.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope some characters arn't really dead or they have some cool new ones. So many people in this manga its really hard to keep up!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I still love this awful loving comic.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Ready for the schlock singularity ?! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-06/terra-formars-gets-live-action-film-by-takashi-miike/.84159

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jfc

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I am so loving hyped right now.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I can't think of anyone better than Miike to make that glorious movie happen.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mikeycp posted:

I can't think of anyone better than Miike to make that glorious movie happen.

:worship:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Terra-ForMars/Vol-012-Ch-108--THE-012SECONDS---012-Second-Revolution?id=225125

Volume 12 is up on kissmanga.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

:hellyeah:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
You know... the story is strangely appealing.

also please come back to life Michelle! :(

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Honestly, at this point I'm actually invested in the characters and the conflict. Granted I read ahead through raws and the series is going to get a little silly but hey, right now everything is great.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Honestly, at this point I'm actually invested in the characters and the conflict. Granted I read ahead through raws and the series is going to get a little silly but hey, right now everything is great.

Uh, did you miss the part with the ~ultimate human~ being too manly and sexy for the ladies?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

KoB posted:

Uh, did you miss the part with the ~ultimate human~ being too manly and sexy for the ladies?

Yeah, and I'm telling you that was a drop in the bucket compared to what is going to happen. I'll give you a hint though, think back to that one loose end from the first volume.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Did anyone read some of the latest chapters, where the skunk girl farts onto the wolf guy TO EXPLODE HIS HEAD. I will link an image of it when I get home.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Did anyone read some of the latest chapters, where the skunk girl farts onto the wolf guy TO EXPLODE HIS HEAD. I will link an image of it when I get home.

It doesn't explode his head, his brain just percieves such because he has super smell senses and skunk chemicals overloaded the gently caress out of him. Badass still.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I really should catch up with this series. :eyepop:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
The gently caress is even happening anymore? This series was never like good but it was waaay better when it was bugmans vs JOHJ. And yet I'm still gonna read it all the way to the end.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao the Roaches are being led by Roach Jesus and hijacked a ship to Earth. poo poo'S GONNA DOWN

KoB
May 1, 2009
Why is Hiruma one of the 4 important dudes? I thought he was just a regular bugsuperman.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
His base gives him IMMORTALITY, which seems pretty sweet in terms of making a super soldier.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I couldn't think this thing could get even more ridiculous but so welp, I wasn't ready for the last chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

What in the gently caress happened to this manga, this is the most hilarious thing

• Locked thread