Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Jim Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Heh. ... looks like those whores got duggared :twisted:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is the easiest Christian Sexual Repression quiz I've ever taken. Duggarism ain't got nothing on Mormonism.

1. Lace may signify the desire to show more skin. Embrace Christ and enjoy modesty, do not try to circumvent or find loop holes in God's law.
2. The necklace and print draws the eye away from the face and to the body. Have respect for yourself and you will find a man who respects you and owns your body.
3. The chest and shoulder blanket draws the eye to boobs and creates a tempting hourglass figure. Men won't be able to focus on Christ's words, just tits.
4. What if that slit kept going? Vagina.
5. Sure, have an arrow pointing towards your slut breasts, literally wrapped in a bow.
6. A printed sock/pantyhose? It's almost like tattoos. She seems like a bad girl. A naughty sinful bad girl.

Brb gotta go masturbate and repent.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't think this was posted, but here's an article by a woman who escaped that lifestyle.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/i_couldve_been_a_duggar_wife_i_grew_up_in_the_same_church_and_the_abuse_scandal_doesnt_shock_me/

There isn't a :stare: emoticon big enough.

quote:

My close friend’s mother even refused treatment for breast cancer because she saw the disease as God saving her from her abusive husband, and the burden of caring for her many children.

:dogbutton:

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Brb gotta go masturbate and repent.

Do we shave his head now or after he repents?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SERPUS posted:

Do we shave his head now or after he repents?

Tie his hands

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Minimalist Program posted:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Think about it: if no one in that family can have a tug or get laid, including Jim Bob* after a child is born, imagine all the ruined sheets.

* Jim Bob

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Bob jones university

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Whatev posted:

lol. Do these textbooks ever acknowledge that women also have libidos or is it always centered around containing those of the men who are victimized by female bodies?

No, and it is worse than that: not only are you taught women have -no- sexual drive, but that they are resistant to sex, so you need to be a willful patriarch on her female need to fight your sexual advances. It's a textbook for raping your wife.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Armani posted:

No, and it is worse than that: not only are you taught women have -no- sexual drive, but that they are resistant to sex, so you need to be a willful patriarch on her female need to fight your sexual advances. It's a textbook for raping your wife.

Do the women ever figure out for themselves that they're horny? I mean, I feel like it would be pretty obvious after a certain point.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
christian cults are basically mra breeding grounds

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PT6A posted:

Do the women ever figure out for themselves that they're horny? I mean, I feel like it would be pretty obvious after a certain point.

they're taught that this feeling is called "sin"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
http://youtu.be/45lXXiLbTxM

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

love that guy's aviators. You just know he worked in a pool supply store before becoming a winner on gor.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

bonestructure posted:

For these people, it's all Paul all the time. You hardly ever hear them quote anyone else; it's that bitter old misogynist\misanthrope\general fun-hater they love, even if half of the stuff he wrote conflicts with what Jesus said in the Gospels. There's actually a lot of interesting early Christian religious history about the struggle in the early Church as to who had primacy, St Peter or St Paul. Peter was a lot more mellow in general and more in tune with Jesus' teaching, but he mainly concerned himself with Jews who had converted to follow Christ. He was key in forming the dogma of the early Catholic church. Paul, in contrast, was the official minister to the Gentiles who joined the movement (he was culturally suited for this, he was one himself and a former Roman enforcer) and his letters to churches under his supervision are what most of fundamentalism is based on. Between that and the aforementioned cherry-picking of the Bible (if you want something hateful and/or depressing to read about God, the Old Testament and Paul are your go-to guys) the fundamentalist Baptist movement has come to virtually ignore most of the rest of scripture, especially that "love your brothers and sisters as I have loved you" and "care for the poor and wretched" and "judge not lest ye be judged" stuff that Jesus said, to focus instead entirely on the teachings of a woman-hating, dour authoritarian.

The parallels between this and the Muslim caliphate sects is frightening.

wahabbists Jimbobists

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

What the hell is that guy from The Office doing in the upper left

Jim Bob Halpert?

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
A church elder (anonymously) disputes the state trooper's claim that Jim Bob downplayed the incident. Apparently there's no way Josh would have withheld any information because he was confessing his sins.

http://nwaonline.com/news/2015/may/31/duggar-witness-contradicts-corporal-s-c/

InTouch is also being investigated over how they interviewed the state trooper. The department of corrections says that they never gave permission for an interview.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hot new slendy trends for fall

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

McStabby posted:

A church elder (anonymously) disputes the state trooper's claim that Jim Bob downplayed the incident. Apparently there's no way Josh would have withheld any information because he was confessing his sins.

http://nwaonline.com/news/2015/may/31/duggar-witness-contradicts-corporal-s-c/

InTouch is also being investigated over how they interviewed the state trooper. The department of corrections says that they never gave permission for an interview.

hm yes why would a teenage boy lie about the hosed up sex things hes into IN CHURCH

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

koreban posted:

The parallels between this and the Muslim caliphate sects is frightening.

wahabbists Jimbobists

No doubt for similar underlying reasons.

There's actually some pretty compelling evidence that most egregious quotes attributed to Paul regarding women and sexuality in his letters (including Duggar favorite 1 Corinthians 14:34) were forgeries added after Paul's death by a backlash movement toward conservatism within the early Christian church, one that wanted to walk back the enormous challenges that Jesus' teachings posed to the social status quo. Those bits do certainly directly conflict with other Pauline writings like Galatians 3:28 ("There is neither Jew nor Greek: there is neither bond nor free: there is neither male nor female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus") enough for it be a believable supposition. Turns out that telling rich people that they ought to share their wealth with poor people, men that they ought to treat women like equals, and high-status people that they ought to be friends with slaves, whores, and beggars is not a good way to be generally popular! :shrug: At least not unless you present all that poo poo as strictly optional compared to regular church attendance and tithing, which is what Christian fundamentalism has done. It's amazing seeing someone re-interpret "not through works alone" as "gently caress you, got mine" with a perfectly straight face.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 1, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
psychopathy is a great way of making things work

imo they should have taken the false prophet biblical quote more seriously and just lynched people whenever some dude claimed to be speaking with gods voice

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
jim bob

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Jimbo

b

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Bob jones university

bob jim university

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Woah, hosed up if true.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
oral roberts university
oral james roberts university
oral jim bob university

NIKE

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jim.

Bob.

His name is Jim Bob

That's amazing.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

James Robert Duggar.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

FreudianSlippers posted:

James Robert Duggar.

Jimothy Bobbert Duggar

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FreudianSlippers posted:

James Robert Duggar.

this is very much the name of a person who would've assassinated lincoln if booth hadn't gotten to him first

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
I got banned from Huckabee's Facebook page after commenting that he would probably be popular w/ pedophiles.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you go on ahead and make your christian army full of inbred bullet catching retards, you all knock out a couple dozen extra ones that should turn the tide in your holy war

a quiver full of loving morons

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Mr. Unlucky posted:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

"Getting Duggar'ed" is the new term for sexual molestation. You've heard it here first.

Minimalist Program posted:

:v:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Job Truniht posted:

I got banned from Huckabee's Facebook page after commenting that he would probably be popular w/ pedophiles.

lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
President Jim Bob

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Boba Jim is gonna have to go full fundie Mormon if he wants to have enough kids to vote him into public office.

I mean, he might as well, they're already halfway there with the welfare queening and the child molestation.

e: Also, the governor before Huckabee was Jim Guy Tucker so I guess people at the time they were born were obsessed somehow with Jim *** names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr. Unlucky posted:

probably have so many kids since they were too dumb to comprehend the condom package instructions

• Locked thread