Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

EccoRaven posted:

How do you know if you haven't read my posts? :smuggo:

Your posts get read more thoroughly than anyone else's because I'll click to view them anyway if we're playing Mafia together. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I shouldnt even have to say this but Jesus Christ eveveryone just unignore everyone, be mature please.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Met posted:

Your posts get read more thoroughly than anyone else's because I'll click to view them anyway if we're playing Mafia together. :glomp:

:) That actually makes me happy. I promise to not be a jerk to you this game if you don't either. Whoever blinks (jerks?) first is a sucker.

Quandary posted:

I shouldnt even have to say this but Jesus Christ eveveryone just unignore everyone, be mature please.

I was doing a hilarious picto-prank.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I ignored myself.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk posted:

I ignored myself.

I already tried doing that merk. the web site won't let you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I installed a Skyrim mod

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

I was doing a hilarious picto-prank.

excuse me while i build a big wall

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I stand by the merk vote. It's a vote based on actions in the game as opposed to a vote based on actions before a game. It's only a foot higher on the hill but I find it to be a solid vote reasoning in a nightless Mafia unless someone scumslips horribly.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

no lynch? agreed?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

as a show of good faith that we're all willing to play along with each other sure

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

I installed a Skyrim mod

I broke skyrim trying to mess around with an ENB and I uninstalled it and haven't reinstalled it.

Also I tried to PM quandary the following but his box is full:

quote:

YOU CHANGED THE FLAVOR YES I GET TO PLAY IN MY OWN UNIVERSE I AM SO HAPPY :D :D

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

as a show of good faith that we're all willing to play along with each other sure

A no-hang is a bad idea. I don't think I need to specify that further but just tossing that out there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a, met, why aren't you voting keane instead of merk

I think his thing is a lot more egregious

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I disagree

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

A no-hang is a bad idea. I don't think I need to specify that further but just tossing that out there.

this game is nightless :ssh:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

How do you figure?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

There's no night phase and the game's dynamic won't shift by a round of night actions / Mafia kill that might put him in a power position by surviving a single vote... especially between D1 and D2.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

EccoRaven posted:

This is like two or three games now that I've seen people suggest no lunch day one. When did that become a thing? Do people like having less information going into day 2?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

My god.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is like two or three games now that I've seen people suggest no lunch day one. When did that become a thing? Do people like having less information going into day 2?

In certain setups I'd argue it's superior play but not in this one

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

How do you figure?

apply this argument

Tremendous Taste posted:

if it catches on and met flips town it's avoidable via housekeeping/principle argument

if it doesn't catch on he can retreat and say it's because of the post he made earlier

to this post

CCKeane posted:

That said, I'm going to lay out a non-joke case and propose Met or Ecco for today, in order to avoid PETTY SQUABBLING.

but unlike merk, Keane doesn't actually have a dog in the fight, he's just ~helpfully~ proposing an alignment-neutral dunk on one of two people before even seeing if their being in the game together is going to be an issue. it's bad.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's clearly a joke in this game considering no-lynch accomplishes nothing for any alignment.

But you're right, I think no-lynch is scummy in traditional Mafia games.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My name is PMom and I hate people who manage to get games going two posts.

That was my flawless impression of PMom.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here's my impression of CCKeane: hyuck hyuck I live in the capital of pizza and comedy. Come bask in my trash-filled streets and watch my comic scene led by Second City talent.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

but unlike merk, Keane doesn't actually have a dog in the fight, he's just ~helpfully~ proposing an alignment-neutral dunk on one of two people before even seeing if their being in the game together is going to be an issue. it's bad.

Eh, I think it's valid enough for the first page of D1. If he's pushing it later after actual content happens then it would be bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

a smell of piss~

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm sorry Keane. I like New York comics a lot.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Here's my impression of CCKeane: hyuck hyuck I live in the capital of pizza and comedy. Come bask in my trash-filled streets and watch my comic scene led by Second City talent.

HOW DID YOU GET THE PASSWORD TO MY ACCOUNT?!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tremendous Taste posted:

a smell of piss~

Taste I can see you, you don't need to describe yourself, I know you're here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I actually take multiple baths a day and use scented oils

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
[G] M[an]et. Thoughts?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
When the G-Man appeared in Episode 2, there was a picture of a New York museum in he same room. #makesuthink

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I refuse to believe I'm easy to lynch as scum.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

apply this argument

to this post

I don't see how Keane's vote is any worse than merk's vote. If anything, I like Keane's post better because it is clearly not intended to be taken seriously and because he seems to dismiss TT for judging merk over the issue (1).

Do you find merk suspicious for doing the same thing, PM? Just want to clarify.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Based on Keane's avatar pretty sure he's got a knife/sword, this logic is infallible. More votes will cause him to lash out and given information. ##vote CCKeane

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

how do five people have daykills but nobody has used them yet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kill ecco merk met me and gulag pls

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kill me five times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk