Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

this ep prob gonna be dope

there better be some loving murders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Wildling dude is cool.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress yeah some no-poo poo skeleton killin

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Did anyone else think the guy operating the boat Jon and Co. jumped on was weird? Dude hiding behind a cape and hood. Expected him to take off the cape and reveal himself to be one of the skeleton dudes and kill the ginger wildling dude.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Did anyone else think the guy operating the boat Jon and Co. jumped on was weird? Dude hiding behind a cape and hood. Expected him to take off the cape and reveal himself to be one of the skeleton dudes and kill the ginger wildling dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du27AQsm6VA&t=223s

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

where'd jon's dragonglass sword come from? i forget

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

where'd jon's dragonglass sword come from? i forget

It's not dragonglass. It's valaryan steel which is the homeland of the targaryeans and the dragon tamers. I think it's named ice and has been handed down through the watch or something like that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ok well it hosed up that white walker like dragonglass would

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

ok well it hosed up that white walker like dragonglass would

Yeah it's just because it's valaryan (or however it's spelled) that has special fire properties. There isn't much around, though. Breanne, Tommen, and Jon Snow have the only ones I know of.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I keep thinking I should try rereading the books so this stuff is fresher in my mind but at this point in the show that's probably a waste of time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The only poo poo I know is from just thumbing through the wikis when I'm curious about a subject. I'm honestly not a fan of GRRM's writing but I enjoy the show.

I'm honestly not sure if it had been confirmed in the books that valaryan steel would kill a walker.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ok I looked it up. Ice was Ned's sword and is now oath keeper and widow maker. Jon Snow has longclaw. In the books Sam Tully finds references to dragonsteel as capable of killing walkers along with obsidian. They never confirmed that valyrian steel is dragonsteel but I guess we know now!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ok I looked it up. Ice was Ned's sword and is now oath keeper and widow maker. Jon Snow has longclaw. In the books Sam Tully finds references to dragonsteel as capable of killing walkers along with obsidian. They never confirmed that valyrian steel is dragonsteel but I guess we know now!

Thanks for the lookup, I was actually pretty confused about that because I remembered something about Jon getting the family sword but not why it would kill white walkers

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It was passed down from Mormont's family and Jorah left it behind when he was banished from Westeros. Mormont gave it to Jon because father son relationship or something.

I only expected it to, like, not explode like every other weapon, not completely explode a Wraith or whatever the main White Walkers are called. :stare:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The show is continuing the path of saying "gently caress the books" and I think it's better for that. I wonder if Jon will still get Ceseared.

Also:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is the point where the show is pretty much divorced from the books, right? Looking forward to seeing what the writers do.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
p disappointed that dorn chick wasnt getting out her hooters this ep but a big battle scene isnt a bad consolation prize

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

This is the point where the show is pretty much divorced from the books, right? Looking forward to seeing what the writers do.

This season covers what's at the tail end of the books and will go beyond what's been published so they've said gently caress it and are just doing whatever the gently caress it seems.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Mr. Nice do you even watch the show or are you just cross-referencing show wikis with book wikis at this point?

Fag.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yeah that struck me as odd, too. Really weird choice for that shot. Maybe move the extra to the back of the boat and find some proper blocking for Tormund.

Like this:

YOU'RE WELCOME HBO

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I don't know, that whole mini-scene was weird. Everyone is freaking the gently caress out except this random dude operating the boat? There's thousands of white walkers and skeleton dudes coming at you, maybe show a little urgency? :psyduck:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lol what if it was just a covered up trawling motor so they could get the boat to keep moving dramatically.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

The show is continuing the path of saying "gently caress the books" and I think it's better for that. I wonder if Jon will still get Ceseared.

I thought this was a spoiler thread for the show, not the books. I didn't want to know this. :smith:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'm not a fan of the army of the dead. The unstoppable lone zombie in season 1 was pretty good. I'd be okay with a shambling mass of those guys instead of Shaka Zulu's somersaulting skeleton legion.

But then again I'm not a fan of anything fun in the show- including dragons. poo poo's dumb.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

I thought this was a spoiler thread for the show, not the books. I didn't want to know this. :smith:

If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Nice is probably slowly working a giant black dildo into his guts while reading about your dismay.

And pinching his nipples.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

VV, it takes a big man to just admit to the world that you hate everything cool.

Proud of you.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mr. Nice! posted:

Man. If they follow through on that, the Internet is going to break. You thought the reaction to the red wedding was bad? Hoo boy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
next week is the ninth episode. you know what happens on the ninth episode of the odd seasons? dead starks :getin:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

next week is the ninth episode. you know what happens on the ninth episode of the odd seasons? dead starks :getin:

:vince:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm just super excited for the Dance of Dragons. If they do this like in the book than HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEY poo poo it's gonna loving rule.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Brandon Stark. Brandon Stark. :pray:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing actually.

I liked this episode, I only wish they had gone more Ray Harryhausen and less 28 Days Later with the wights. Also, Sansa was a lot more fun when she was scheming and lying rather than being fate's punching bag.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, Sansa was a lot more fun when she was scheming and lying rather than being fate's punching bag.

I think that's the point though. She thought she was the smartest girl in the room cosigning with whatever Baelish said and completely underestimating Ramsay. Now she gets to suffer.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Thought that might have been a baby-bump in that scene at first, but guess not. Rape babies GOT style is always a hoot.

Also, give me twenty men and I'll end this poo poo right here. :smug:.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 1, 2015

bij
Feb 24, 2007

They telegraphed it as soon as she stuck her kids on the boat but Wildling Boss Lady was kinda hot and it's lame that she got gnawed on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anita Dickinme posted:

My bad homie. I just found out about it myself last night.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
Highlight of the episode outside of the end fight: big red head viking dude smashing the lord of bones' face in. Talk poo poo? Eat poo poo. And everyone was like "yea he was being a dick he had it coming" and just kinda accepted it.

When will I get to see some Cersei Boobs (it's worth the break in immersion if they keep Lena's tats)?????

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
well there has been a shot of her walking around with a bunch of mud on her so thats how they cover them.

also im kinda glad they didnt have the red woman MAGICALLY SAVE manse by making him switch faces with the lord of bones

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Potential BFF posted:

They telegraphed it as soon as she stuck her kids on the boat but Wildling Boss Lady was kinda hot and it's lame that she got gnawed on.

Yup, she was definitely dead. Too bad. Rip hot wildling lady

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yup, she was definitely dead. Too bad. Rip hot wildling lady

She's now a hot wight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally