Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hrmmm its the mouse and then kleedrac in that order what a surprise

##vote strongmouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I would like mouse to come back and answer my questions. If he doesn't, and he is never heard from again, then his flip will be his only use to us.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
flips are worthless though, which is kind of why we're taking so long to actually lynch someone and I wanna just start slamming down lurkers until everyone is actively participating because this game is gonna be impossible for us to win if everyone isn't constantly posting and voting

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MC Eating Disorder posted:

flips are worthless though, which is kind of why we're taking so long to actually lynch someone and I wanna just start slamming down lurkers until everyone is actively participating because this game is gonna be impossible for us to win if everyone isn't constantly posting and voting

We agree. We are both right.

His flip is of little use, but if he's not posting then his flip is the only thing we could get from him other than a replacement.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think we're gonna get anything from him coming back and posting, he's being deliberately cagey. At least Kleedrac had the decency to come up with a halfway reasonable excuse why he wasn't going to be around much. The mouse is just being obtuse and boring

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

this game should have tkaen half an hour

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah ok thats fine

##vote strongmouse

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Since it's a choice between him or me I suppose
##Vote Strongmouse
:redhammer:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Strong Mouse was lynched. He was a Rebel!

-----------

Votecount for Day 1

Strong Mouse (5): Deadbeat Dad, GulagDolls, MC Eating Disorder, CapitalistPig, Kleedrac
MC Eating Disorder (1): Tremendous Taste
CapitalistPig (1): Ghastly Gangsta
Kleedrac (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (1): Strong Mouse

-----------

Remaining Players (8)
BottleKnight
CapitalistPig
Deadbeat Dad
Ghastly Gangsta
GulagDolls
Kleedrac
MC Eating Disorder
Tremendous Taste

It is now Day 2. It takes 5 people to lynch.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 1, 2015

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think we let scum push us into a bad vote yesterday. Sorry I wasn't around much this weekend. I'll have my thoughts up on the mouse wagon tonight.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think we let scum push us into a bad vote yesterday. Sorry I wasn't around much this weekend. I'll have my thoughts up on the mouse wagon tonight.

Not really a horrible vote. His only posts were bad and then he wasn't active or contributing, not somebody you want with you in the game later. But this isn't really a good post since there wasn't really a wagon.

It was basically me and Gulag saying vote mouse cause he's not doing poo poo, and then nobody posting for 3 days, and then the others saying "gently caress it, lets just kill somebody"

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Taste should I trust you bro? I always feel good about you but this game I feel tingly

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
why did I write bro, I don't think I ever use that word in actual sentences in real life or on the internet

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Not really a horrible vote. His only posts were bad and then he wasn't active or contributing, not somebody you want with you in the game later. But this isn't really a good post since there wasn't really a wagon.

It was basically me and Gulag saying vote mouse cause he's not doing poo poo, and then nobody posting for 3 days, and then the others saying "gently caress it, lets just kill somebody"

The gently caress it, let's kill somebody copout then, however you'd like to phrase it. Weekends have proven themselves to be a quieter time on these threads. There's suspicion to be drawn from the mouse lynch is all I was trying to say. Still at woek, will have more later.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The gently caress it, let's kill somebody copout then, however you'd like to phrase it. Weekends have proven themselves to be a quieter time on these threads. There's suspicion to be drawn from the mouse lynch is all I was trying to say. Still at woek, will have more later.

There's always something to gain from a lynch, just when I hear "bandwagon" it seems sort of out of nowhere and hastily done without any discussion, I mean we had a lot of time just nobody really chose to elaborate and Mouse never came in to defend himself, but I'll read what you have when you post it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kleedrac posted:

Since it's a choice between him or me I suppose
##Vote Strongmouse
:redhammer:

Is this a king claim?

##vote kleedrac

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:bandwagon:

i just understood this emote

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Seriously this post reads as "Scum push a bad lynch - by scum I mean me"
##Vote Deadbeat Dad

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CapitalistPig posted:

Is this a king claim?

##vote kleedrac

In what way was that a king claim?!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kleedrac posted:

Seriously this post reads as "Scum push a bad lynch - by scum I mean me"
##Vote Deadbeat Dad

but.. I said it was a good lynch?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I mean, as far as lynching somebody that isn't a guard or king, it's not the worst lynch considering he was doing absolutely nothing.

Also lynching bad guys d1 is a 3/9 chance so people coming out and commenting on a bad lynch are suspicious, but at least GG has an *upcoming post* to elaborate on why that bandwagon is bad.

Kleedrac, you put a vote on Cpig because he was leader, and then on Strong because "apparently it was between you and him", neither which lend much explanation, then come out and put a vote on me and then write something that I never insinuated, plus all your early posts were not good at all.

##vote Kleedrac

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I disagree, there's no good reason for a guard to jump on a bad lynch as long as they're keeping up a veneer of engaging in the game and regularly voting to begin with

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Forced townie cred. Along with the other posts in this thread about you, I'm convinced.

##vote ghastly

I think Klee would be a good lynch too, but this one is better. Those are my top 2 scumpicks.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm absolutely feeling gg today but I really want kleedrac to show back up first

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Yeah I'm absolutely feeling gg today but I really want kleedrac to show back up first

What questions would you like me to answer?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't have any specific questions for you, I just would like you to play this game of mafia with us please

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

What questions would you like me to answer?

TELL ME WHO THE KING IS OR I KILL THE SPACE DANDY MAN

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

I don't have any specific questions for you, I just would like you to play this game of mafia with us please

There are 2 of my posts above yours my friend - I'm gonna try - it's just really curious and I'm slow on the uptake :P

GulagDolls posted:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the king probably types in all caps :coolbert:

Though I really am suspicious of DBD & GG for leading the town around - seems like guard plays to me but I am super-new at this I'm afraid - what do you think?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm sorry you all, I know I said I'd get some cases up tonight, but I'm having a rough day. I'll be back to play tomorrow.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm going to take a step back and consult the cards

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

There are 2 of my posts above yours my friend - I'm gonna try - it's just really curious and I'm slow on the uptake :P

I'm not 100% sure but I think the king probably types in all caps :coolbert:

Though I really am suspicious of DBD & GG for leading the town around - seems like guard plays to me but I am super-new at this I'm afraid - what do you think?

What are your reads on myself, TT and MC, individually.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Kleedrac's reasoning is actually pretty poo poo considering he doesn't realize the guy he's answering to (gulag) led and pushed the mouse vote way more than I did (and pushing a vote like that isn't scummy to me on D1 at all, gulag seems rebel to me)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

HES NOT KIDDING I CAN FEEL SOMETHING HARD POKING INTO MY BACK

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
BK: I think you're being very helpful although posts like;

BottleKnight posted:

The big thing about this game is that info is predetermined, so town (rebels) has a pretty big incentive to keep posting to keep reads going. Asking questions constantly is going to be key to this.

Also the king has just as little info as town, so they could contribute to the death of the guards pretty easily. It'll be weird.
make me a bit nervous because it's what I would say if I were the king to preemptively seem town.

TT came out the gate strong with his usual lame gambit-y style play. He throws some suspicion on me but along with half the bloody thread. Turns out that asking questions about this game would have been a far better plan day 1 than thinking I had a handle on this game. TT's day 2 play is awkward he condemns the train on me & Mouse, which I agree with considering Mouse flipped Rebel and I know I am as well, but he hasn't put forth anything of substance on MCED other than a gut feeling and a desire to consult the cards.

MCED feels really pushy this game compared to other games. He turned my vote (which I admit with no deadlines was a bit scummy) into a full-on no way a player could do this and be town. I understand now but as a new player in this variant his assuredness makes me nervous. He then switched his vote back to Mouse when there's no deadline (which is basically why he claimed my vote was scummy) - he admitted that the mouse flip wasn't helpful but he joined the mousewagon. He then prods me after I had made 2 posts and when I asked if he wanted me to answer any questions he said no. His play seems irrational to me - although again I'm new to this format so perhaps I'm making mountains of molehills.

DBD got hung up on an early post which I suppose was worded a bit clumsily though not as suspicious as he pointed out and certainly not worth 3 separate posts about it. He also seems to either ignore the part where I say this is my first nightless game or thinks meta has me as a far more competent player - I'm not sure what he thinks my lynch would give the town beyond another day of people looking at his railing on me - perhaps a guard setting up an easy lynch?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Everybody is new to this particular format - some have played nightless games, but the only difference is we're not getting any clues at all on night actions - you keep bringing that up like there is some sort of advantage that some of us have who have played nightless games before - we're just as clueless (or not as clueless) as you might be as far as night actions go.

I mentioned it 3 times because you played a very hesitate-y, excuse-filled D1 which is what people that don't want attention drawn to them do. I think your reasoning on me is particularly weak because it seems a little bit OMGUS and accusatory when I've never been "leading a lynch" like I was outside in the street yelling at people who to vote. It just so happened the guy I thought was most suspicious got lynched and was rebel. Sucks, but entirely had a chance to sway my opinion and chose not to post.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Alternatively, your other two opinions on other players is refreshing and the first things you've written that could sway me otherwise on thinking you're a guard or king, but you're still top 2 for me.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kleedrac posted:

MCED feels really pushy this game compared to other games. He turned my vote (which I admit with no deadlines was a bit scummy) into a full-on no way a player could do this and be town. I understand now but as a new player in this variant his assuredness makes me nervous. He then switched his vote back to Mouse when there's no deadline (which is basically why he claimed my vote was scummy) - he admitted that the mouse flip wasn't helpful but he joined the mousewagon. He then prods me after I had made 2 posts and when I asked if he wanted me to answer any questions he said no. His play seems irrational to me - although again I'm new to this format so perhaps I'm making mountains of molehills.

First of all you equating your vote on pig with my vote on mouse is incredibly wrong, my problem with that vote was the way you did it right before you made a point of mentioning you were leaving for a long amount of time. In some more detail, your vote is your weapon in this game. Laying a -1 vote right before you leave with no intention of coming back for 24 hours (or however long it was) is like leaving your gun lying around fully loaded in your at-home daycare centre. Not only can scum take full advantage of that, but leaving someone at -1 is leaving it wide open for some clueless townie to jump on a bad lynch. As town, unless you're personally quite sure the target is scum, there's absolutely no point to doing that. As scum, there's also no point to doing that, because while you might get an easy town lynch, you will also look like complete trash, which is why people have been saying that don't think its scummy, because they wouldn't understand why you would do something so obviously anti-town when a scum with any ounce of self-reflection would realise this and try to make it look more natural. If you had any real actual conviction about pig it would make more sense, both as town and as scum.

I'm also new to this format, but I find it super-fascinating because in mafia people tend to get caught up with night actions and "scum-tells" but the core of the game is essentially looking at how people use their votes and what that says about the information available to them. The information scum have is slightly different since we can only ascertain information about one specific scum (the king) from their actions and votes, and we can't actually tell ANYTHING about the king until we start catching guards and observing their previous voting behaviour.

Anyway, I wanted you to stick around and post specifically because this format is heavily skewed towards scum if there's no incentive not to lurk. Lurking means even if we do catch a guard, we can't tell anything from their flip because they haven't made any serious pushes or votes anyway. The aim of me pushing you into playing the game is because I suspect you might be a guard and I want to see what your reactions are. Lurking makes mafia less fun and I play this game because its fun to try and puzzle out the psychology of other players. If you are town you should absolutely be posting more than you have for the sake of our team, and if you're scum, you're playing a very safe, boring scum game and I'd like to take you out of it as quickly as possible so we can work on eliminating guards that have been pulling weird posting gambits.

Sorry if I seem irrational or weird, but ultimately my aim is to goad you, as the lowest content poster to date, to engage us more to make the game more fun for everyone. There might not always be a logical bent to everything I do, but ultimately my behaviour is rooted in the desire to have a fun and cool game for everyone involved.

And yeah like DD says, your latest post is a good effort and I'd like to see more like it, from you, and from the other players that are just coasting by. I'm willing to get GG a pass for now, because he seems legit bummed out and obviously if you have to choose between your own personal self-care and playing a game of mafia its the clearly correct choice to choose your own self-care, because mafia is a psychologically draining game and it can wreck you if your mind is preoccupied with other poo poo, but you'd better believe if he's still not contributing in another day or two and he hasn't replaced out I'm going to be gunning to string him up by his toes. In the meanwhile, I'm going to continue pushing you because you've given a couple of ok reads but you haven't really made any serious votes (remember, to quote the American Tolkien, "words are wind", your vote is the real weapon, your reads are worthless without votes to back it up) except to hammer somebody. Hammering is the least constructive use of your vote, especially when you qualify it by saying "its him or me" after you've been gone for 3 days.

I'm just trying to explain my reasoning for focusing so much on you here, because there are probably other fine candidates, but this game is going to stretch out forever and go on for a long time if we aren't constantly pressuring people to keep an active presence and at the moment, you are making some of the weakest posts AND contributing the least in terms of sheer volume. One of those by itself is mildly suspicious. Two is outright scummy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

comment: that post is really long. going to bed cya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

(remember, to quote the American Tolkien, "words are wind",

other comment: suck my freaking rebellious rod

• Locked thread